Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk/Martinez 09:30 - Dec 24 with 4015 viewsmagicdaps10

How the fook is Monk being linked to the job so heavily!?

My only outcome is that he has it until the end of the season with Roberto coming back in the summer.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Monk/Martinez on 09:32 - Dec 24 with 3141 viewsSwansea93

I had this thought, Monk/Leon till end of season, then Roberto with Monk and Leon on the coaching staff.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Monk/Martinez on 09:36 - Dec 24 with 3097 viewsjack247

Monk and Martinez are polar opposites in the way they want their teams to play football. If we’re dead set on bringing Martinez back after the World Cup, which I doubt we are, we’d be better leaving Leon in charge. He would probably relegate us, but so would Monk.
Monk/Martinez on 09:41 - Dec 24 with 3065 viewsmagicdaps10

Personally I think they have little intention to spend money in the window, they have the perfect excuses!
No one would come
We cant spend loads with prem league future uncertain.
Etc etc

The plan will be, take the hit with a cheap option in Monk and hope to get the Swansea style back with Roberto in the champ.
Its not the worse idea but with Huw and co still about, I think we will still have issues.

Monk/Martinez on 09:44 - Dec 24 with 3040 viewsjack247

Monk/Martinez on 09:41 - Dec 24 by magicdaps10

Personally I think they have little intention to spend money in the window, they have the perfect excuses!
No one would come
We cant spend loads with prem league future uncertain.
Etc etc

The plan will be, take the hit with a cheap option in Monk and hope to get the Swansea style back with Roberto in the champ.
Its not the worse idea but with Huw and co still about, I think we will still have issues.

I can see the logic, but can’t see why they would have sacked Clement if they were going to accept relegation and not spend any money.

Also can’t see why they wouldn’t bring in an interim manager with a similar philosophy to Martinez, or leave it to Leon and Toshack.
Monk/Martinez on 09:46 - Dec 24 with 3022 viewsmagicdaps10

Monk/Martinez on 09:44 - Dec 24 by jack247

I can see the logic, but can’t see why they would have sacked Clement if they were going to accept relegation and not spend any money.

Also can’t see why they wouldn’t bring in an interim manager with a similar philosophy to Martinez, or leave it to Leon and Toshack.

I dont think there was any plan before or whilst sacking Clement.

Now they have big decisions to make.

Monk/Martinez on 09:48 - Dec 24 with 3011 viewsWarwickHunt

Madness.

Sheer. Fücking. Madness.
Monk/Martinez on 09:49 - Dec 24 with 3004 views34dfgdf54

First of all there’s no way someone with the ego the size of Monk’s would accept becoming a number 2, for Martinez or anyone for that matter. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him taking over for rest of season with Leon assistant.
Monk/Martinez on 10:04 - Dec 24 with 2877 viewsYossarian

If Martinez does ok with Belgium in the summer he’ll have far better offers than us, or he might even want to continue with them. Swapping working with De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku etc for Carroll, Fer and Clucas.....in the Championship.....mmmm

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Monk/Martinez on 10:08 - Dec 24 with 2861 viewsawayjack

Monk/Martinez on 09:48 - Dec 24 by WarwickHunt

Madness.

Sheer. Fücking. Madness.

This x2!
Monk/Martinez on 10:09 - Dec 24 with 2850 viewsThornburyswan

Monk/Martinez on 09:36 - Dec 24 by jack247

Monk and Martinez are polar opposites in the way they want their teams to play football. If we’re dead set on bringing Martinez back after the World Cup, which I doubt we are, we’d be better leaving Leon in charge. He would probably relegate us, but so would Monk.

This. That said our current squad would not play in the Martinez style either, so would potentially work BUT only If we are planning for relegation (clearly that looks likely but not an absolute given).
Monk/Martinez on 10:11 - Dec 24 with 2836 viewschad

Madness.

Sheer. Fücking. Madness.

This this and thrice this

Huw: Don't worry, I'm not making the same mistakes again!

No, no, you're making all new ones.
Monk/Martinez on 10:12 - Dec 24 with 2831 viewsmagicdaps10

Madness.

Sheer. Fücking. Madness.

With Jenkins and co in charge......those words are echoed on a daily basis, wouldnt rule anything out.

Monk/Martinez on 10:38 - Dec 24 with 2748 viewsYossarian

A shallow, hollow, cynical and transparent tactic- fake news put out by the board to pacify the screaming children....resurrect some old legends well past their sell-by date, evoking past triumphs and the fake hope they will be possible again.....Thats why they got Bony, but they need more now because we haven’t been in shit like this since the Petty days. It’s not going to happen and they never wanted it to happen, but it’s out there so they can say they looked at everything to bring back the Swansea Way...,,but what it shows me is how far out of touch they are now....Monk ruined us as a footballing outfit, experimenting with ‘systems’ he’d learned at the College of Mediocrity and Martinez is another graduate of that school....never got us promoted, took Wigan down, did nothing at Everton and inexplicably landed one of the best managerial jobs of a national team. Now if you said they’d gone to Rodgers I’d be more interested- he got us up, came closer than any other Liverpool manager at recovering their holy grail and in a coma at Celtic.....oh, they’ve been to him first haven’t they? QED.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Monk/Martinez on 10:52 - Dec 24 with 2670 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk/Martinez on 10:38 - Dec 24 by Yossarian

A shallow, hollow, cynical and transparent tactic- fake news put out by the board to pacify the screaming children....resurrect some old legends well past their sell-by date, evoking past triumphs and the fake hope they will be possible again.....Thats why they got Bony, but they need more now because we haven’t been in shit like this since the Petty days. It’s not going to happen and they never wanted it to happen, but it’s out there so they can say they looked at everything to bring back the Swansea Way...,,but what it shows me is how far out of touch they are now....Monk ruined us as a footballing outfit, experimenting with ‘systems’ he’d learned at the College of Mediocrity and Martinez is another graduate of that school....never got us promoted, took Wigan down, did nothing at Everton and inexplicably landed one of the best managerial jobs of a national team. Now if you said they’d gone to Rodgers I’d be more interested- he got us up, came closer than any other Liverpool manager at recovering their holy grail and in a coma at Celtic.....oh, they’ve been to him first haven’t they? QED.

He got us promoted to the championship . I still don't want him here though and the only time I would tolerate Monk's presence at the Liberty again was if he were to be in the opposition dug out.

I think the old board members have realised they can't win the fans back and are now just making every effort to deliberately p*ss us off.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk/Martinez on 10:59 - Dec 24 with 2629 viewswhoflungdung

Unthinkable unless you are a masochist

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Monk/Martinez on 11:04 - Dec 24 with 2607 viewsNogginthenog

Why in the name of God would we want either of those two back. Monk destroyed this team and Martinez has been no great shakes since he left.

It's a massive nay and thrice nay from me.

Let's move on and try and get someone who will reinvent us in the championship as that's where we are clearly heading.
Monk/Martinez on 12:32 - Dec 24 with 2340 viewsYossarian

Monk/Martinez on 10:52 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

He got us promoted to the championship . I still don't want him here though and the only time I would tolerate Monk's presence at the Liberty again was if he were to be in the opposition dug out.

I think the old board members have realised they can't win the fans back and are now just making every effort to deliberately p*ss us off.

Yeah, sorry- conveniently forgot about the League 1 campaign....I try to avoid the facts getting in the way of my prejudices!

Monk/Martinez on 12:48 - Dec 24 with 2288 viewsjack2jack

Let's not get carried away with a tidy draw against Palace.
The first half was much more like it. However we are still in the brown stuff,especially with a shocking fixture list in January,and a couple of tough ones ahead,we need experience.Would I like to see Monk back not really,Martinez possibly. Whoever it is they need experience and backing,if the owners are serious about turning this around.
Monk/Martinez on 14:21 - Dec 24 with 2090 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk/Martinez on 12:32 - Dec 24 by Yossarian

Yeah, sorry- conveniently forgot about the League 1 campaign....I try to avoid the facts getting in the way of my prejudices!

It's ok, it was a long time ago! I do share your sentiments about Martinez, especially after the manner of his departure.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk/Martinez on 16:59 - Dec 24 with 1863 viewsjacksfullaces

more to the point, why aren't the balls of jenkins and co again being held to the fire as to the sacking of clement without a succession plan in place? 24 hrs was mentioned.

yet again, they screw up, a few voices are raised and then it's chaotic business as usual.

FWIW I would have expected clement to get at least a point yesterday so why the rush if there was no plan for the aftermath.

absolute ******* joke ... AGAIN!
Monk/Martinez on 18:27 - Dec 24 with 1733 viewsBloodyhills

I wouldn't want Monk anywhere near the club, unless it was to come back for a rematch with Chico and his pet brick for the cocopops world championship.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Monk/Martinez on 18:51 - Dec 24 with 1681 viewsperplex

Monk is the one that started the rot by changing the way we play, then when things started getting worse he had no idea how to rectify things, lets keep this guy as far away as possible.
Monk/Martinez on 20:18 - Dec 24 with 1581 viewsDewi1jack

Monk- No
Martinez- No.
Remember what abuse happened to Yorath when he came back? Same again!
Guidolin-No
Bradley-No
Loudstrop- No
Jackett-No
Sousa- No

In fact no fuggin manager we've had before.
What is it with some of you wanting to go back to players or managers who've left us?

Brenda has sense in not wanting to come back to us.

In fact I would like the club to bring someone in, with his own staff who can rebuild us from the top down. Has to be this way as the revenue the first team can raise, covers the rest.
Going to have to be a continental football type manager and given the time no matter what results are happening.
Trouble is, I'm not sure our PL "customers" are going to be that happy, or be renewing if we go straight through to L1.
The way we're being run at the mo, I'm half expecting to go straight through like Pompey or maybe going down to the Conference.

Plenty of points to go for yet though. Fat lady is only warming her vocal chords at the mo.
Provided the Yanks get things right off the field ASAP.

Beaky has to be gone.
A traffic cone would be a better DoF. Certainly wouldn't have the ego of that tw@, nor would it blame the fans
The Trust also has to step up and start being counted.
"Ohh trust the board" Get into 'em. Show you really are Jack B'stards.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk/Martinez on 20:31 - Dec 24 with 1516 viewsWingstandwood

Monk/Martinez on 20:18 - Dec 24 by Dewi1jack

Monk- No
Martinez- No.
Remember what abuse happened to Yorath when he came back? Same again!
Guidolin-No
Bradley-No
Loudstrop- No
Jackett-No
Sousa- No

In fact no fuggin manager we've had before.
What is it with some of you wanting to go back to players or managers who've left us?

Brenda has sense in not wanting to come back to us.

In fact I would like the club to bring someone in, with his own staff who can rebuild us from the top down. Has to be this way as the revenue the first team can raise, covers the rest.
Going to have to be a continental football type manager and given the time no matter what results are happening.
Trouble is, I'm not sure our PL "customers" are going to be that happy, or be renewing if we go straight through to L1.
The way we're being run at the mo, I'm half expecting to go straight through like Pompey or maybe going down to the Conference.

Plenty of points to go for yet though. Fat lady is only warming her vocal chords at the mo.
Provided the Yanks get things right off the field ASAP.

Beaky has to be gone.
A traffic cone would be a better DoF. Certainly wouldn't have the ego of that tw@, nor would it blame the fans
The Trust also has to step up and start being counted.
"Ohh trust the board" Get into 'em. Show you really are Jack B'stards.

The clubs needs root and branch reform of all departments along with the exorcising (by means of removal) of Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan and Van Zweden for supporter closure.

Jenkins should be removed with immeadiate effect from his Trojan horse impostor ruination-effect i.e. D.O.F., Tens of millions of Pounds have been poured down the drain.

The scouting dept need to be culled with replacement(s) and employment of more capable staff.

The Youth academy needs to be reappraised because that is a complete and utter joke and waste of valuable money.

And seeing the return of incompetent buffoon Dineen in a consultancy role carries on the vibe of what a third-rate unproffesional set-up this club truly has.

All above is an absolute disgrace! The club has sabotaged its PL status and future by means of being infiltrated by too many Kamikaze-case buffoons.

Argus!

Monk/Martinez on 20:33 - Dec 24 with 1507 viewsRancid

Judas and the Gimp.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024