Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting 09:18 - Jan 9 with 3903 viewsswancity

A match

One we want to win with Notts county to play away in a 4th round tie

Get behind our team, our players, our new manager who has instilled some belief and renewed hope straight after a 5-0 loss at Liverpool and let's find other ways to hammer into the likes of Jenkins.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 09:19 - Jan 9 with 3278 viewsswancity

Really do not understand that should say 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:16 - Jan 9 with 3201 viewskeith_gatebroth

Any action that affects the team directly or otherwise should not be contemplated
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:32 - Jan 9 with 3166 viewsTailGunner

Agree with the above.
If you really want to make a statement against regime this is the perfect game - as NeathJack said yesterday.

Boycott is essentially doing nothing.
Crowd will be low so it will be unnoticed.

Support the team not the regime.

Remember Rushden & Diamonds......
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:33 - Jan 9 with 3154 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Only plastic fans will boycott this game. Real supporters will support the team no matter what. I guess the plastics would rather see us back in Division two in front of 3,000 every week.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:39 - Jan 9 with 3141 viewsGreekSwan

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:33 - Jan 9 by felixstowe_jack

Only plastic fans will boycott this game. Real supporters will support the team no matter what. I guess the plastics would rather see us back in Division two in front of 3,000 every week.

If that's the price to pay to get our club back then so be it
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:40 - Jan 9 with 3138 viewsmonmouth

I don't get it neither.

Is there any scrap of evidence at all that this kind of action works? I remember Newcastle and Sunderland doing a walkout, and Villa doing a boycott and it was all pathetically laughable and achieved nothing other than to draw attention to the fact that the majority give not a single f*ck.

A season ticket boycott would, however, hurt. That's what, in desperation, made Vinny not 'always be red'. If they'd stayed in the PL they'd still be in red.

As I see it, all our real eggs are really in the Trust basket, they just are, however much we might want to scream shout and protest. Fans of Coventry, Leeds, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, even Cardiff, and no doubt loads of others have tried all that and, as beguiling as it sounds, it has mattered not one jot.

I think the owners, and certainly the sellouts, are rattled. I'm not entirely sure where that gets us, but it gives a certain satisfaction I suppose, although I think I might even be past that now. The club has gone, Jenkins will go. Trying to boycott an FA cup replay that no one cares about will not add any benefit to my mind.

I know your intentions are honourable, Union, but I think this a mistake.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:54 - Jan 9 with 3086 viewsTheUnion

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:40 - Jan 9 by monmouth

I don't get it neither.

Is there any scrap of evidence at all that this kind of action works? I remember Newcastle and Sunderland doing a walkout, and Villa doing a boycott and it was all pathetically laughable and achieved nothing other than to draw attention to the fact that the majority give not a single f*ck.

A season ticket boycott would, however, hurt. That's what, in desperation, made Vinny not 'always be red'. If they'd stayed in the PL they'd still be in red.

As I see it, all our real eggs are really in the Trust basket, they just are, however much we might want to scream shout and protest. Fans of Coventry, Leeds, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, even Cardiff, and no doubt loads of others have tried all that and, as beguiling as it sounds, it has mattered not one jot.

I think the owners, and certainly the sellouts, are rattled. I'm not entirely sure where that gets us, but it gives a certain satisfaction I suppose, although I think I might even be past that now. The club has gone, Jenkins will go. Trying to boycott an FA cup replay that no one cares about will not add any benefit to my mind.

See other thread you get what you wish for
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 12:04 - Jan 9 with 2967 viewsKrisP

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:39 - Jan 9 by GreekSwan

If that's the price to pay to get our club back then so be it

Because it was all sunshine and rainbows down there. No bad ownership either.
Login to get fewer ads

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 12:21 - Jan 9 with 2929 viewsawayjack

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:33 - Jan 9 by felixstowe_jack

Just love ignorant clowns with strong dictatorial opinions. You sound like a plastic that only cares about PL survival. Others care about long term survival if Club. Let smart people decide how they want to protest.
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 14:34 - Jan 9 with 2806 viewsswanforthemoney

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 10:40 - Jan 9 by monmouth

I don't get it neither.

Season ticket boycott.
I normally renew before the New Year, but leaving it late this year. I know it might cost a few quid, but haven't done it yet.
I had it in mind to write to the CEOs office to tell him why I've not renewed yet.

I stand in the North Stand

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 14:42 - Jan 9 with 2791 viewsBobby_Fischer

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 14:34 - Jan 9 by swanforthemoney

Season ticket boycott.
I normally renew before the New Year, but leaving it late this year. I know it might cost a few quid, but haven't done it yet.
I had it in mind to write to the CEOs office to tell him why I've not renewed yet.

So in the end you'll end up giving them more money?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 16:47 - Jan 9 with 2688 viewsJack59

I note that in your post you refer to 'the' team rather than 'our' team. I think that says it all.
I've been supporting Swansea Town and Swansea City for nearly sixty years, I was on the North Bank for one evening game when there were less than 1500 there. There have been some poor owners and some good ones at different times. But regardless of that, I always felt it was 'our' club rather than 'the club'
I've would never have imagined I would have felt as detached as I do right now.

It really should not be like this.
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 17:02 - Jan 9 with 2650 viewsmax936

Then the plastic's as you call them wouldn't give a fuk as they wouldn't go anyway, for the record I'm not going, are you?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 17:58 - Jan 9 with 2607 viewsangryjack

I'm far from plastic mate,but I am not putting another penny in the club Eother through season ticket renewal merchandise or any sort ticket for cup games until the yanks are gone,will be following local football next season and believe me they have lost a fan who have supported them since 1978..once the spark has gone it's gone I am falling out of love with them,and I bet there be many more like me,mate my words we will be in bottom division in coupon of years sold our training ground as can't afford upkeep we are finished mark my words
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 18:22 - Jan 9 with 2562 viewsmax936

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 17:58 - Jan 9 by angryjack

I'm far from plastic mate,but I am not putting another penny in the club Eother through season ticket renewal merchandise or any sort ticket for cup games until the yanks are gone,will be following local football next season and believe me they have lost a fan who have supported them since 1978..once the spark has gone it's gone I am falling out of love with them,and I bet there be many more like me,mate my words we will be in bottom division in coupon of years sold our training ground as can't afford upkeep we are finished mark my words

Can't see us being able to sell the training grounds the building's maybe, but I'm sure the Council own the ground at Landore we just lease it. at Fairwood Swansea University own the ground.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:11 - Jan 9 with 2485 viewsperchrockjack

A boycott is the very last action we should be considering

Rather a mass ,noisy, objectionable ,match long tirade of abuse at those responsible for killing our club leaving us with this dross

We need the whole ground standing up. every one...imagine that ,every single spectator standing up all match long

Imagine that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:15 - Jan 9 with 2478 viewsDarran

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:11 - Jan 9 by perchrockjack

Rather a mass ,noisy, objectionable ,match long tirade of abuse at those responsible for killing our club leaving us with this dross

We need the whole ground standing up. every one...imagine that ,every single spectator standing up all match long

Imagine that

What. A. Fuçking. Idiot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:29 - Jan 9 with 2435 viewsperchrockjack

On the other hand,sitting in silence and accepting this really will have a zero effect

Exile fans don't really have much say. Those who do have seasies ,sit in their favourite seat and gossip about other fans are not really what we need .

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:35 - Jan 9 with 2401 viewsDarran

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:29 - Jan 9 by perchrockjack

On the other hand,sitting in silence and accepting this really will have a zero effect

Exile fans don't really have much say. Those who do have seasies ,sit in their favourite seat and gossip about other fans are not really what we need .

Well you certainly won’t have any effect that’s for sure you daft twát.

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:37 - Jan 9 with 2393 viewsthenorthbankbog

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:11 - Jan 9 by perchrockjack

Imagine that

Unfortunately this will only happen after relegation when the real plastics have gone.
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:37 - Jan 9 with 2392 viewsperchrockjack

Use a tissue

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:42 - Jan 9 with 2366 viewsDarran

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:37 - Jan 9 by thenorthbankbog

Unfortunately this will only happen after relegation when the real plastics have gone.

Mate you’re talking to the biggest plastic posting on here there. He’s telling everyone what they should or shouldn’t be doing when the dopey prick doesn’t leave his kodi box.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 20:42]

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 20:45 - Jan 9 with 2348 viewsperchrockjack

Back to Holby then

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 21:07 - Jan 9 with 2312 viewsGaryjack

Fact of the matter is here, if 12-15k turn up the 'owners' will think it's exceeded their expectations. If as little as 5k turn up they'll think that it could have been expected for a game such as this. Obviously the turn out will be somewhere in the middle, so any 'boycott' wouldn't be recognised. Unless of course those who truly boycott the game stood outside protesting. And let's face it, that ain't going to happen is it.
Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 21:14 - Jan 9 with 2283 viewsexiledclaseboy

Really do no this understand the concept of boycotting on 21:07 - Jan 9 by Garyjack

Fact of the matter is here, if 12-15k turn up the 'owners' will think it's exceeded their expectations. If as little as 5k turn up they'll think that it could have been expected for a game such as this. Obviously the turn out will be somewhere in the middle, so any 'boycott' wouldn't be recognised. Unless of course those who truly boycott the game stood outside protesting. And let's face it, that ain't going to happen is it.

If a boycott is to be effective it has to be at a Premier League game where everyone expects a full stadium and it has to be en masse. It’s impractical and won’t take off.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024