Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaitan and Gameriro 11:27 - Jan 16 with 7917 viewsCroftyjack

Sky just reporting that due to reports in the media Southampton are not going to go any further with the interest due to the high fees being asked!!!
I get the feeling that the source suggested a team ain the bottom of PL were interested and the muppets assumed it being us....we wont go for proven high fee/wage payers.
When you see the likes of Huddersfield,West Ham, West Brom,Saints, Palace all looking at or signing quality with high fees being paid we have no appetite to compete....There is even talk about Bournermouth signing Walcott and possibly Wlishire again both on loan.
Very depressing from our end..only serious link is Fredericks and he no interest whatsoever.
Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:02 - Jan 16 with 4615 viewsjoshdon10

this is a problem you will get when we haven’t got owners who are willing to dig deep in their own pockets and spend money to try and make this club successful. Quite depressing really, billionaires are the norm for prem clubs now. But instead we sell to 10s of owners who were dull enough to Keep huw on. At the time we was a successful team, with no debt. We would of been a haven for a sugar daddy. When if we would get into a relegation scrap could spend £30-£40m to get us out of this mess. To stay in this league you need to splash the cash to compete.
Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:05 - Jan 16 with 4580 viewsmax936

Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:02 - Jan 16 by joshdon10

this is a problem you will get when we haven’t got owners who are willing to dig deep in their own pockets and spend money to try and make this club successful. Quite depressing really, billionaires are the norm for prem clubs now. But instead we sell to 10s of owners who were dull enough to Keep huw on. At the time we was a successful team, with no debt. We would of been a haven for a sugar daddy. When if we would get into a relegation scrap could spend £30-£40m to get us out of this mess. To stay in this league you need to splash the cash to compete.

Competent scouting staff would be a start, not the mish mash we have.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:15 - Jan 16 with 4517 viewsjasper_T

We spent £30-40m on players in the summer and if anything they made us worse!
Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 4459 viewsjoshdon10

Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:15 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Yes we did. Poor recruitment. But what I’m saying is now. This window need to spend to get out off of this mess
Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:28 - Jan 16 with 4421 viewsjackjackjackjack

Billionaires don't dig deep into their pockets, ask Cardiff, what they do is loan money to the club e.g. Bournemouth, in the form of debt, hence Bournemouth have a debt of over £50m whereas ours is minimal.
I'd prefer to live within our comparative limited means like we do, rather than build up debts that will cripple us when we're relegated.

And no-one other than a Championship player is going to want to come to a club rooted at the bottom of the Premier, with unrest in the stands. So it's best to get used to the idea of playing in the Championship next season, it's not the end of the world.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:39 - Jan 16 with 4339 viewsJango

Wilshere has been Arsenal’s best player recently and Walcott going to Everton. Believe nothing in the press until the deals are nearly finalized
Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:48 - Jan 16 with 4241 viewsbuilthjack

Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:15 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

And had £60m in sales.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gaitan and Gameriro on 13:43 - Jan 16 with 4013 viewsThrasher6

Burnley...?

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:09 - Jan 16 with 3865 viewsJackBaston

We've never splashed the cash, 15 mil was our most, when teams like Palace and Bmouth spending 20-30 mil on players
Our problem is that Huw and the ex owners gave up the principles of building a team around passing football, living within our means, got us into debt, and didnt want to put a penny into the club to cover their mistakes

Realistically even if not in debt we could never spend what some clubs can as we don't have the fan base, stadium and we're a remote city in the Uk, but at least between Martinez and Laudrup years, we had a solid foundation that meant we didn't need superstar players, just a solid set of players who could pass the ball and create chances
Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:19 - Jan 16 with 3809 viewsmajorraglan

Gaitan and Gameriro on 12:28 - Jan 16 by jackjackjackjack

Billionaires don't dig deep into their pockets, ask Cardiff, what they do is loan money to the club e.g. Bournemouth, in the form of debt, hence Bournemouth have a debt of over £50m whereas ours is minimal.
I'd prefer to live within our comparative limited means like we do, rather than build up debts that will cripple us when we're relegated.

And no-one other than a Championship player is going to want to come to a club rooted at the bottom of the Premier, with unrest in the stands. So it's best to get used to the idea of playing in the Championship next season, it's not the end of the world.

Agreed.

I totally support the living within your means stance because debt and poor management is what gets clubs in to trouble. Swansea City came close to going under twice in 20 years (80s and early 00’s) and I can remember the collections in the Quadrant and chucking some of my very modest and hard earned cash in bucket and I wouldn’t want to see those days reappear. There are plenty of clubs in the Championship and below who have large debts and are struggling.

If a club is well managed, has a very good scouting and recruiting team and effective transfer strategy then there is no reason why the club can’t be competitive within the bottom half of the Premier League, Swansea City have spent a considerable amount of money on players, unfortunately to date quite a few of those deals haven’t worked out.

To be honest, I don’t think the club is an attractive proposition to potential acquisitions, if there’s any truth in the Fulham player turning Swansea down what does that say? Maybe a few loan players would be tempted, but I can’t see established PL players coming in on a permanent basis as there is a very realistic prospect of the club being relegated. I can’t see the club being prepared to offer big money contracts without wage reduction clauses to new recruits with the spectre of relegation and massive cuts in revenue on the horizon and how many PL or “top” players would agree to that. HJ has his work cut out.
Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:25 - Jan 16 with 3771 viewsCroftyjack

B'mouth have a debt of 50m you say, not much in this league...I bet anything that ours is quite significant too and by being tight..we wasted in every dept imaginable.
Gaitan and Gameriro (n/t) on 14:26 - Jan 16 with 3767 viewsvalleyboy

Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:28 - Jan 16 with 3751 viewsvalleyboy

Vincent Tan has pumped £10’s millions into Cardiff and hasn’t taken one penny interest
Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:28 - Jan 16 with 3747 viewslonglostjack

Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:19 - Jan 16 by majorraglan

Agreed.

I totally support the living within your means stance because debt and poor management is what gets clubs in to trouble. Swansea City came close to going under twice in 20 years (80s and early 00’s) and I can remember the collections in the Quadrant and chucking some of my very modest and hard earned cash in bucket and I wouldn’t want to see those days reappear. There are plenty of clubs in the Championship and below who have large debts and are struggling.

If a club is well managed, has a very good scouting and recruiting team and effective transfer strategy then there is no reason why the club can’t be competitive within the bottom half of the Premier League, Swansea City have spent a considerable amount of money on players, unfortunately to date quite a few of those deals haven’t worked out.

To be honest, I don’t think the club is an attractive proposition to potential acquisitions, if there’s any truth in the Fulham player turning Swansea down what does that say? Maybe a few loan players would be tempted, but I can’t see established PL players coming in on a permanent basis as there is a very realistic prospect of the club being relegated. I can’t see the club being prepared to offer big money contracts without wage reduction clauses to new recruits with the spectre of relegation and massive cuts in revenue on the horizon and how many PL or “top” players would agree to that. HJ has his work cut out.

I agree with most of that. However the PL offers players from other countries the possibility to showcase themselves on very good wages. Scouting has to be good though.
Paying Jenkins and Pearlman a combined salary of 1.25 million a year can't be construed as living within our means either. Heaven knows what other administrative expenses are being notched up.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:56 - Jan 16 with 3616 viewsAustinIsOurHero

In the latest bout of Daily Bullsh*t, bookies have us favourite to sign Andre Silva from AC Milan.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:58 - Jan 16 with 3591 viewsLandore_Jack

NO DEAL FOR ATLETI DUO

Swansea deals for Atletico Madrid forward Kevin Gameiro and midfielder Nicolas Gaitan are unlikely to progress, according to Sky sources

There have been discussions between the clubs but an agreement couldn’t be reached.

#backtojack

Gaitan and Gameriro on 15:04 - Jan 16 with 3554 viewsjackjackjackjack

Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:28 - Jan 16 by valleyboy

Vincent Tan has pumped £10’s millions into Cardiff and hasn’t taken one penny interest

Mehmet Dalman's company has pumped millions in and is charging 8% interest.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:20 - Jan 16 with 3351 viewsLoyal

PLEASE FFS PEOPLE LISTEN !!!!!!!
WE DONT HAVE A FCKING SCOUTING TEAM FOR FIRST TEAM PLAYERS. NEW MANAGERS ARE USED INITIALLY FOR THEIR CONTACTS THEN HUW EMPLOYS AGENTS TO REPORT TO HIM AVAILABLE PLAYERS.
THATS IT END OF, NOTHING ELSE.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:27 - Jan 16 with 3313 viewsCARDAN

Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:20 - Jan 16 by Loyal

PLEASE FFS PEOPLE LISTEN !!!!!!!
WE DONT HAVE A FCKING SCOUTING TEAM FOR FIRST TEAM PLAYERS. NEW MANAGERS ARE USED INITIALLY FOR THEIR CONTACTS THEN HUW EMPLOYS AGENTS TO REPORT TO HIM AVAILABLE PLAYERS.
THATS IT END OF, NOTHING ELSE.

Iv'e hard that David Leadbetter has not even got a passport although he is obviously shagging a bird behind the bar at Falkirk Workingmens club.
Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:41 - Jan 16 with 3254 viewsJackSkellington

Gaitan and Gameriro on 14:58 - Jan 16 by Landore_Jack

NO DEAL FOR ATLETI DUO

Swansea deals for Atletico Madrid forward Kevin Gameiro and midfielder Nicolas Gaitan are unlikely to progress, according to Sky sources

There have been discussions between the clubs but an agreement couldn’t be reached.

Hmmm. That's convenient.
Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:43 - Jan 16 with 3241 viewsbuilthjack

Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:27 - Jan 16 by CARDAN

Iv'e hard that David Leadbetter has not even got a passport although he is obviously shagging a bird behind the bar at Falkirk Workingmens club.

Or most likely, the Con club.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:45 - Jan 16 with 3233 viewsjasper_T

Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:27 - Jan 16 by CARDAN

Leadbetter has had no involvement in any of our Scottish transfers.
Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:51 - Jan 16 with 3203 viewsmax936

Gaitan and Gameriro on 16:45 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Leadbetter has had no involvement in any of our Scottish transfers.

More to the point what does he do?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gaitan and Gameriro on 17:06 - Jan 16 with 3142 viewsHeadmaster

"Inter Milan have told Swansea City they won't be rivalling them for Atletico Madrid outcast Nicolas Gaitan."

https://talksport.com/football/transfer-news-swansea-boost-inter-milan-pull-out-
Gaitan and Gameriro on 17:55 - Jan 16 with 2996 viewsDaggyjack

Swans in link with Gameiro and Gaitan, two players we have very little chance of signing shock.

Smacks of looking to appease the fans with links to quality players so the board can say they tried, before signing the usual sub standard players.

I hope I'm wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024