Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Donate4Jack 12:20 - Feb 1 with 2304 viewsjasper_T

Come watch next season's first team and donate to a great cause.
#Donate4Jack on 12:46 - Feb 1 with 2241 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How come they're not playing these at Landore, Jasper? I've attended quite a few this season and enjoy it down there.

Is it purely to raise some money for this wonderful cause?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

#Donate4Jack on 13:10 - Feb 1 with 2216 viewsjasper_T

#Donate4Jack on 12:46 - Feb 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How come they're not playing these at Landore, Jasper? I've attended quite a few this season and enjoy it down there.

I think PL2 teams are supposed to put on a certain number of games at proper stadiums every season, but these are our next three home games so it looks like special circumstances, yes.

It's a great move all round.
#Donate4Jack on 15:06 - Feb 3 with 2113 viewsjasper_T

Any chance this can be stickied so it doesn't get lost?

First free game is tomorrow night, Monday 4th Feb 7pm.
#Donate4Jack on 15:37 - Feb 3 with 2051 viewsjasper_T

“We’ve been fortunate to play at Goodison Park and the King Power Stadium so far this season and it’s great when they have the chance to play at these venues,” the under-23s' coach said.

“As a young footballer looking to create a pathway for yourself, it’s important to get used to playing in these big arenas. Even though they’re not full, the first step is to get on these pitches and get a taste for the atmosphere as it’s completely different to playing at training grounds.

“They have to feel comfortable in these occasions, so any opportunity they have in this environment and to be tested can only benefit them.

“As you’ve seen with a lot of the youngsters that are now playing for the first team, that first step is playing a few games at the stadium and getting your eyes open to what’s involved.

“Any support that we can get is really appreciated. The young players thrive on that element. When people are there and there’s a bit of noise in the background, it goes a long way towards helping their development.”
#Donate4Jack on 16:12 - Feb 3 with 1968 viewsSTID2017

Hell of a commute from Manchester.
Seriously well done Dwight for supporting the youngsters

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

#Donate4Jack on 16:01 - Feb 4 with 1787 viewsjasper_T

#Donate4Jack on 20:33 - Feb 4 with 1637 viewsJonathans_coat

Excellent idea.

Well done to the club for this initiative. I missed this thread previously, and obviously the game tonight, but will definitely try to get to at least one of the others.

Fairs fair. If we can criticise when the clubs ownership get it wrong, praise should be given when the club get it right!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 20:33]
#Donate4Jack on 23:10 - Feb 4 with 1536 viewsjasper_T

Matt Blake looks a real prospect, just as he did when coming in at the tail end of last season. Great range and variation of passing, set pieces, and a tidy shot on him and all. He's the left back Potter's trying to make Grimes into. Shame about the injuries but fingers crossed he can push on now.

Cullen and Cooper don't lack for effort. Both had good moments. Ollie got done for their winner but filling in at wingback against fresh legs was a big ask.

Another frustrating one for Maric judging by the language he was using after every pass he mishit. Dhanda looks scared of contact.

Benda steady. King grew into the game well. We struggled without genuine width and serious pace, and a target man to hit, which have been features of our game for a few years, but gave as good as we got (maybe better) for 80 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

#Donate4Jack on 14:26 - Feb 5 with 1398 viewsjasper_T

“The support means a lot to me, Gary Richards and the team,” the under-23's coach said.

“It’s great to see people turn up, put their hands in their pockets and contribute to what is a very worthy fund.

“We’ve stayed in close contact with Jack to see how he’s been getting on throughout his illness.

“He’s always with us. Shaun always brings his shirt wherever we play and hangs it up in the dressing room — both home and away. He remains a key part of our group.

“I saw him a few days ago and he looks really well. The most important thing is that he’s through the worst of it and we’re looking forward to seeing him soon.”

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/toshack-thanks-fans-jack-support

Fantastic news and hopefully he's back playing football soon.
#Donate4Jack on 14:33 - Feb 5 with 1381 viewsjackharris

I would say that it is also to do with the likelihood of the pitches being frozen. At the Liberty Stadium the match is pretty much guaranteed to be on and not postponed at this time of year. I don’t think our pitches at Fairwood and Landore have undersoil heating do they?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

#Donate4Jack on 15:05 - Feb 5 with 1348 views34dfgdf54

#Donate4Jack on 14:26 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

“The support means a lot to me, Gary Richards and the team,” the under-23's coach said.

“It’s great to see people turn up, put their hands in their pockets and contribute to what is a very worthy fund.

“We’ve stayed in close contact with Jack to see how he’s been getting on throughout his illness.

“He’s always with us. Shaun always brings his shirt wherever we play and hangs it up in the dressing room — both home and away. He remains a key part of our group.

“I saw him a few days ago and he looks really well. The most important thing is that he’s through the worst of it and we’re looking forward to seeing him soon.”

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/toshack-thanks-fans-jack-support

Fantastic news and hopefully he's back playing football soon.

Brilliant news.

Keep fighting Jack, as soon as I'm home from work I'll make a donation.
#Donate4Jack on 00:30 - Feb 7 with 650 viewsbonymine

#Donate4Jack on 23:10 - Feb 4 by jasper_T

Matt Blake looks a real prospect, just as he did when coming in at the tail end of last season. Great range and variation of passing, set pieces, and a tidy shot on him and all. He's the left back Potter's trying to make Grimes into. Shame about the injuries but fingers crossed he can push on now.

Cullen and Cooper don't lack for effort. Both had good moments. Ollie got done for their winner but filling in at wingback against fresh legs was a big ask.

Another frustrating one for Maric judging by the language he was using after every pass he mishit. Dhanda looks scared of contact.

Benda steady. King grew into the game well. We struggled without genuine width and serious pace, and a target man to hit, which have been features of our game for a few years, but gave as good as we got (maybe better) for 80 minutes.

Keep fighting Jack lad you can beat this monster.

Marcus & Lisa I feel for you both but he WILL come through Ii all I’m sure of that 👍

Take care Both

Love

Mark xx

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024