Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Sinclair book 19:39 - Feb 28 with 2669 viewsdickythorpe

Read many books of what it's like in "gangster Britain". Sinclair was no doubt a tough man but with a bit of a brain on him. An interesting read and not too full of bravado like many are.
Although born near Manchester he grew up in Southsea and was a hooligan for a short time with Pompey.
Any of our hard nuts on here heard of him?
I suppose I'd he is 62 now he'd have been causing havoc in the mid to late 70's.
I read Lenny McCleans book years ago and found it ok but a bit boastful.
Any recommendations? Anyone heard of the "underground taxman"?
Steve Sinclair book on 19:44 - Feb 28 with 2656 viewsWingstandwood

I have heard of him because he featured in a Danny Dyer programme. Here's another 10 minute short featuring an ex-co bouncer of Lenny Mclean something quite amusing about that one.

Argus!

Steve Sinclair book on 19:52 - Feb 28 with 2641 viewsLohengrin

If you want to read about a genuine, honourable ‘hard man’ get a hold of a copy of this, Dicky. Don’t waste your time with criminals.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Steve Sinclair book on 20:07 - Feb 28 with 2618 viewsWingstandwood

Steve Sinclair book on 19:52 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

If you want to read about a genuine, honourable ‘hard man’ get a hold of a copy of this, Dicky. Don’t waste your time with criminals.

Here is another colourful character ex-SAS and Military Cross close protection for Michael Rose in Bosnia.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p071nqfp Edit -link now working!

He appears to the right of Michael Rose at 1:02s in this video, and is seen also standing rear to the right.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2019 20:11]

Argus!

Steve Sinclair book on 20:26 - Feb 28 with 2578 viewsLohengrin

Steve Sinclair book on 20:07 - Feb 28 by Wingstandwood

Here is another colourful character ex-SAS and Military Cross close protection for Michael Rose in Bosnia.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p071nqfp Edit -link now working!

He appears to the right of Michael Rose at 1:02s in this video, and is seen also standing rear to the right.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2019 20:11]

They’re out there, mate. Few and far between but they are there.

Steve Sinclair book on 20:32 - Feb 28 with 2567 viewsDr_Winston

Paddy Mayne was a mad bastard. Right up there with "Mad" Jack Churchill as the craziest participant in WW2.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Sinclair book on 20:39 - Feb 28 with 2556 viewsLohengrin

Steve Sinclair book on 20:32 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

Paddy Mayne was a mad bastard. Right up there with "Mad" Jack Churchill as the craziest participant in WW2.

I remember reading about Rommel having heard the details of one of Mayne’s missions, shaking his head and muttering “magnificent!”

Heroic doesn’t begin to describe him.

Steve Sinclair book on 20:45 - Feb 28 with 2545 viewsdickythorpe

A British Lion as well Loh.
Steve Sinclair book on 20:49 - Feb 28 with 2539 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Sinclair book on 20:39 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

I remember reading about Rommel having heard the details of one of Mayne’s missions, shaking his head and muttering “magnificent!”

Heroic doesn’t begin to describe him.

Is there an Axis General held in as high regard on the Allied side as Rommel?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Sinclair book on 21:07 - Feb 28 with 2520 viewsLohengrin

Steve Sinclair book on 20:49 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

No, I don’t think so. Rommel was a gallant adversary. That was how the troops of the 8th Army viewed him at the time and I think that’s pretty much how posterity regards him now.

Steve Sinclair book on 22:01 - Feb 28 with 2492 viewstheloneranger

Steve Sinclair book on 20:45 - Feb 28 by dickythorpe

A British Lion as well Loh.

Thank fvck he's not lining up against Wales in 3 weeks time 😂

A tremendous series on BBC 2 approx 2 years ago called SAS Rogue Warriors, about the founder members of the SAS and lots about Paddy Mayne.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Steve Sinclair book on 23:52 - Feb 28 with 2444 viewshowenjack

Steve Sinclair book on 22:01 - Feb 28 by theloneranger

Thank fvck he's not lining up against Wales in 3 weeks time 😂

A tremendous series on BBC 2 approx 2 years ago called SAS Rogue Warriors, about the founder members of the SAS and lots about Paddy Mayne.

He once placed a grenade on the table of a crowded mess room pulled the pin and watched people's reactions.what they didn't know as the fuse was burning was that he had previously taken the powder out.
He seemed to have a death wish in ww2 where he would think nothing of taking risks like driving head on into a hail of machine gun bullets Was also denied a VC when many thought he deserved it.
Sadly after the war the death wish finally caught up with him after he crashed his car after an evening drinking.
Steve Sinclair book on 08:04 - Mar 1 with 2366 viewsJackfath

Ross Kemp would have them all.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Steve Sinclair book on 09:39 - Mar 1 with 2331 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Sinclair book on 08:04 - Mar 1 by Jackfath

Ross Kemp would have them all.

By all accounts he's a quiet and pleasant chap. A few friends had played rugby against him and were full of praise. They were expecting an ego the size of the moon but he was tidy.
Steve Sinclair book on 09:46 - Mar 1 with 2324 views1983

This is a good read seen from the police view of things of life in London in the 80's and 90's
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 9:49]

Steve Sinclair book on 10:28 - Mar 1 with 2290 viewshowenjack

Steve Sinclair book on 09:46 - Mar 1 by 1983

This is a good read seen from the police view of things of life in London in the 80's and 90's
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 9:49]

Watch my back by Geoff Thompson is an excellent read . It tells of his time working the doors in Coventry. This book started Geoff out on a new career as a born again writer who now also does one man shows based on psychology and self education.
Steve Sinclair book on 11:11 - Mar 1 with 2272 viewscontroversial_jack

Steve Sinclair book on 20:49 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

Von Manstien, Guderian, just two that spring to mind.
Steve Sinclair book on 11:45 - Mar 1 with 2265 viewshowenjack

Steve Sinclair book on 11:11 - Mar 1 by controversial_jack

Von Manstien, Guderian, just two that spring to mind.

I think Von Manstein took on a role for NATO at the end of the war , if I am not mistaken.
Steve Sinclair book on 12:12 - Mar 1 with 2248 viewscontroversial_jack

Steve Sinclair book on 11:45 - Mar 1 by howenjack

I think Von Manstein took on a role for NATO at the end of the war , if I am not mistaken.

Just looked it up, and he had some role in reconstructing the German army.The best German general of the conflict and probably the entire conflict.I don't think Rommel was in the same class
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024