Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facebook bans... 14:03 - Apr 18 with 7431 viewscostalotta

So Facebook has banned EDL, BNP and Britain First.

Is this censorship or a welcome banning?
Facebook bans... on 14:12 - Apr 18 with 4223 viewsbluey_the_blue

Censorship.

Scum post scummy things, you can counter and destroy the arguments. I would however caveat that by pointing at times some facebook pages become such sewers you can't reason with the posters.

There does need to be a point at which pages get closed, people get banned. Finding that line is a tightrope.
Facebook bans... on 14:15 - Apr 18 with 4218 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Will the equivalent left wing pages be banned?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Facebook bans... on 14:22 - Apr 18 with 4204 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 14:15 - Apr 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Will the equivalent left wing pages be banned?

I would have thought so.

Out of interest did you have in mind?
Facebook bans... on 14:23 - Apr 18 with 4200 viewsbluey_the_blue

Facebook bans... on 14:22 - Apr 18 by costalotta

I would have thought so.

Palestine Live for one.
Facebook bans... on 14:23 - Apr 18 with 4198 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 14:12 - Apr 18 by bluey_the_blue

Censorship.

Scum post scummy things, you can counter and destroy the arguments. I would however caveat that by pointing at times some facebook pages become such sewers you can't reason with the posters.

There does need to be a point at which pages get closed, people get banned. Finding that line is a tightrope.

Agree its a fine line.

They are not banned politically speaking, as parties that is so not sure how/why FB came to that decision. I am neither condoning nor welcoming the ban.
Facebook bans... on 14:26 - Apr 18 with 4191 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 14:23 - Apr 18 by bluey_the_blue

Palestine Live for one.

Well, if they are an extremist group and are in some way the same as the BNP and those others then arguably they should be banned.

To be honest its all getting a bit crazy! This Brexit mess is like petrol to those arguments and discussions at the moment.
Facebook bans... on 14:30 - Apr 18 with 4183 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Facebook bans... on 14:22 - Apr 18 by costalotta

I would have thought so.

To start with, how about the groups those criminals posing as 'Eco protestors' in central London were using to communicate over the past few days which caused disruption to hundreds of thousands and endangered the lives of themselves and others?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Facebook bans... on 14:35 - Apr 18 with 4173 viewsLohengrin

Working from the premise that the three organisations listed in the OP are formally registered it should follow that all their media output would fall within the law. Agreeing or disagreeing with anything they say doesn’t come into it, if you value freedom of speech you must oppose censorship. End of.

“Ah! but they’re wrong ‘uns.” Maybe so, but this is setting an extremely dangerous precedent, that gun isn’t fixed. Think about it. What’s to stop, say, major oil companies buying major stakes in online platforms and looking to silence environment protestors?

It’s the slipperiest of slopes, folks.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Facebook bans... on 14:36 - Apr 18 with 4168 viewsLohengrin

Facebook bans... on 14:30 - Apr 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

To start with, how about the groups those criminals posing as 'Eco protestors' in central London were using to communicate over the past few days which caused disruption to hundreds of thousands and endangered the lives of themselves and others?

I’m with those “criminals.”

Facebook bans... on 14:38 - Apr 18 with 4165 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 14:30 - Apr 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How are they criminals?

The point of protest is to get maximum coverage right? Therefore it was successful if it caused the disruption you speak of. Now, the disrupted (and wider audience) are a little more aware than they were before yeah? And that is a good thing right?

As for endangering lives...you obviously live a sheltered life in your bedroom, you ever been to London?

I know it can be a pain the proverbial but this was a just cause no doubt. And, some of the comms I've seen looked harmless.
Facebook bans... on 14:59 - Apr 18 with 4133 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 14:35 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

Working from the premise that the three organisations listed in the OP are formally registered it should follow that all their media output would fall within the law. Agreeing or disagreeing with anything they say doesn’t come into it, if you value freedom of speech you must oppose censorship. End of.

“Ah! but they’re wrong ‘uns.” Maybe so, but this is setting an extremely dangerous precedent, that gun isn’t fixed. Think about it. What’s to stop, say, major oil companies buying major stakes in online platforms and looking to silence environment protestors?

Totally agree!
Facebook bans... on 15:06 - Apr 18 with 4125 viewsHighjack

I wonder if this is the handiwork of one Sir Nicholas Clegg?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Facebook bans... on 15:07 - Apr 18 with 4125 viewslonglostjack

Facebook bans... on 14:35 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

I agree. Or non-dom billionaires buying newspapers to distract attention from efforts to crack down on offshore tax havens. Perish the thought.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Facebook bans... on 15:19 - Apr 18 with 4101 viewsLohengrin

Facebook bans... on 15:06 - Apr 18 by Highjack

I wonder if this is the handiwork of one Sir Nicholas Clegg?

I expect so.

Facebook bans... on 15:22 - Apr 18 with 4095 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

On the same day it is revealed Facebook copied 1.5M email addresses and passwords.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Facebook bans... on 15:30 - Apr 18 with 4080 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hmm, one other factor is BNP, EDL both are dead in the water; Britain First just had leaders convicted. Arguably all three are incredibly soft targets.
Facebook bans... on 15:32 - Apr 18 with 4071 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 15:22 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

On the same day it is revealed Facebook copied 1.5M email addresses and passwords.

Whats the problem with copy email addresses? Details please?
Facebook bans... on 15:34 - Apr 18 with 4068 viewsHighjack

Facebook bans... on 15:30 - Apr 18 by bluey_the_blue

Hmm, one other factor is BNP, EDL both are dead in the water; Britain First just had leaders convicted. Arguably all three are incredibly soft targets.

Yep all of them combined could probably only muster a few hundred votes at best.

I don’t do Facebook or twitter hardly at all but from the snippets that are posted on here and on the occasions that I have ventured into it out of curiosity it just seems like a massive left wing echo chamber where they all prattle on and argue in a desperate attempt for likes and retweets.

Not too dissimilar to here really. Perhaps I should sign up?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Facebook bans... on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 4066 viewscostalotta

So their leaders are criminals? Who would have thought it! How do they compare to the criminals DYSS mentioned?
Facebook bans... on 15:38 - Apr 18 with 4062 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 15:34 - Apr 18 by Highjack

Yep all of them combined could probably only muster a few hundred votes at best.

I don’t do Facebook or twitter hardly at all but from the snippets that are posted on here and on the occasions that I have ventured into it out of curiosity it just seems like a massive left wing echo chamber where they all prattle on and argue in a desperate attempt for likes and retweets.

Not too dissimilar to here really. Perhaps I should sign up?

I wouldn't bother HJ. Its sh!te!

Left wing echo chamber? Poor show HJ. Remember the brexit mis selling and their FB campaigns?
Facebook bans... on 15:42 - Apr 18 with 4047 viewsHighjack

Facebook bans... on 15:38 - Apr 18 by costalotta

I wouldn't bother HJ. Its sh!te!

Left wing echo chamber? Poor show HJ. Remember the brexit mis selling and their FB campaigns?

Nope I don’t. Like I said I barely go on there. But it seems to be infested with people like that bloody Jenn with their degrees in intersectional feminism trying to tell other people why they are abusing their privilege and being guilty of cultural appropriation and therefore racist by putting reggae reggae sauce on their chips.

Facebook bans... on 15:42 - Apr 18 with 4046 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Facebook bans... on 15:32 - Apr 18 by costalotta

Whats the problem with copy email addresses? Details please?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47974574

Personal data being mined and manipulated without permission.

Here's an example of how data can be used overtly or covertly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/china-social-credit-sy
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 16:08]

Facebook bans... on 15:45 - Apr 18 with 4044 viewsLohengrin

I found this quote from today that I found particularly interesting, Bluey:

”As reported by the BBC, chair of the Home Affairs Select committee, Yvette Cooper, has described this ban as being ‘long overdue’ as well as a ‘necessary first step’ First step is the gag, what’s step two do you think? Gaol for ungoodthink?

For those of you who know your Huxley this is precisely the process he foretold as “Hypnopaedia.” It’s happening right now, we’re watching it play out.

Cooper, in case you’d forgotten, was one of the figure at the centre of the expenses scandal. She had dug her jaundiced claw into your back pocket to the tune of over £650,000.

Facebook bans... on 16:03 - Apr 18 with 4013 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Facebook bans... on 15:45 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

I found this quote from today that I found particularly interesting, Bluey:

”As reported by the BBC, chair of the Home Affairs Select committee, Yvette Cooper, has described this ban as being ‘long overdue’ as well as a ‘necessary first step’ First step is the gag, what’s step two do you think? Gaol for ungoodthink?

For those of you who know your Huxley this is precisely the process he foretold as “Hypnopaedia.” It’s happening right now, we’re watching it play out.

Cooper, in case you’d forgotten, was one of the figure at the centre of the expenses scandal. She had dug her jaundiced claw into your back pocket to the tune of over £650,000.

I think her and Ed Balls were both Ministers on £140K, they combined their allowances for a second home in London although they shared one house.

The cronyism of the political elite.

Facebook bans... on 16:14 - Apr 18 with 3990 viewscostalotta

Facebook bans... on 15:42 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47974574

Personal data being mined and manipulated without permission.

Here's an example of how data can be used overtly or covertly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/china-social-credit-sy
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 16:08]

Hang on, i was replying to your first post where you said email addresses COPIED right? Nothing about mining, manipulated etc.

I asked you what the problem with Copying email addresses, especially those on your platform? Focus on that and not something you didn't post or say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024