Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Price nails it 19:16 - Jun 14 with 2667 viewsladyjack

Adam Price nails it on 19:31 - Jun 14 with 1524 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sadly and like the rest of us, Adam doesn’t get to vote on who the next prime minister will be. He’s bang on though. Boris is the definition of wolf in sheep’s clothing. How can a man who was so disastrous as foreign secretary be even considered as a potential prime minister.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 19:50]

Poll: Tory leader

Adam Price nails it on 19:35 - Jun 14 with 1514 viewsladyjack

Adam Price nails it on 19:31 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Sadly and like the rest of us, Adam doesn’t get to vote on who the next prime minister will be. He’s bang on though. Boris is the definition of wolf in sheep’s clothing. How can a man who was so disastrous as foreign secretary be even considered as a potential prime minister.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 19:50]

Its terrifying, I think the likelihood of Boris Johnson being in charge is a terrifying prospect for the UK, absolutely terrifying, all the Tory candidates are very poor imo, but Johnson is a dangerous clown.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 19:38]
Adam Price nails it on 19:37 - Jun 14 with 1499 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Price nails it on 19:35 - Jun 14 by ladyjack

Its terrifying, I think the likelihood of Boris Johnson being in charge is a terrifying prospect for the UK, absolutely terrifying, all the Tory candidates are very poor imo, but Johnson is a dangerous clown.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 19:38]

I agree, tramps. Fully.

Adam Price nails it on 19:52 - Jun 14 with 1452 viewsdickythorpe

The only plus is that he's in the Conservative party who all turn on each other in time. The bum licking will turn into back stabbing.
Until Corbyn gets the boot then we are stuck with this mad as fÃÂșck egomaniac.
I was hoping Rory Stewart may bolt up from the outside but I think it's a given floppy hair will get the gig.

FÃÂșck.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 19:53]
Adam Price nails it on 20:04 - Jun 14 with 1421 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails it on 19:37 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

I agree, tramps. Fully.

Don't encourage him, mun!

I think the stronger than expected showing for BoJo has made this contest very interesting. Think he's correct to avoid the C4 debate; firstly, it's going to be a bear pit given C4 news has Jon "fvck the Tories" Snow. Secondly, debates are only imo effective when head to head. In the C4 format, every single other candidate will be targetting and piling onto him to go for the ABB votes.
Adam Price nails itl on 20:10 - Jun 14 with 1410 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Price nails it on 20:04 - Jun 14 by bluey_the_blue

Don't encourage him, mun!

I think the stronger than expected showing for BoJo has made this contest very interesting. Think he's correct to avoid the C4 debate; firstly, it's going to be a bear pit given C4 news has Jon "fvck the Tories" Snow. Secondly, debates are only imo effective when head to head. In the C4 format, every single other candidate will be targetting and piling onto him to go for the ABB votes.

He’s avoiding the C4 debate because his handlers are trying to keep him out of the limelight as much as possible knowing full well that the more he speaks in public the more he’s likely to say something stupid. Also, the C4 debate will have actual people at it and Johnson can’t help but play to a crowd thus increasing the chances of the aforementioned gaffe exponentially. The BBC one will be much easier because there’s no audience and the BBC is terrified of the Tories.

It doesn’t matter anyway. Johnson is nailed on.

Adam Price nails itl on 20:19 - Jun 14 with 1382 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails itl on 20:10 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

He’s avoiding the C4 debate because his handlers are trying to keep him out of the limelight as much as possible knowing full well that the more he speaks in public the more he’s likely to say something stupid. Also, the C4 debate will have actual people at it and Johnson can’t help but play to a crowd thus increasing the chances of the aforementioned gaffe exponentially. The BBC one will be much easier because there’s no audience and the BBC is terrified of the Tories.

It doesn’t matter anyway. Johnson is nailed on.

Don't disagree - my view of the C4 one still stands. Forget BoJo - any other candidate with the number he had for the first round would automatically be a target in those debates.

Debates between final two candidates are of course different - no ganging up, both sides have equal time and opportunity.

Not convinced BoJo is as nailed on as you think. Favourite, sure... but right now, no single opponent has risen. It could still get interesting, as much as BoJo is a Corbyn killer, ABB MPs could well find a potential BoJo killer. After all, there are two head to head debates for the final two. Get the right person in there, BoJo could well be skewered.
Adam Price nails it on 20:19 - Jun 14 with 1383 viewssherpajacob

Most people know Johnson is a scheming, untrustworthy, misogynistic racist.

The Tory faithful love him precisely because he is all those things.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Price nails it on 20:20 - Jun 14 with 1376 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Price nails it on 20:19 - Jun 14 by sherpajacob

Well exactly.

Adam Price nails it on 20:22 - Jun 14 with 1365 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Adam Price nails it on 20:19 - Jun 14 by sherpajacob

Quite.

He’s also a coward. Whenever the going gets tough he runs for the hills.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Adam Price nails it on 20:23 - Jun 14 with 1357 viewsladyjack

Johnson could be the last Prime Minister of the UK.
Adam Price nails it on 20:24 - Jun 14 with 1346 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Price nails it on 20:23 - Jun 14 by ladyjack

Nah. He won’t last long enough for that.

Adam Price nails it on 20:24 - Jun 14 with 1346 viewsdickythorpe

I hate the way his father is stealing a living at times off the daft TV programmes he turns up on.
Adam Price nails it on 20:25 - Jun 14 with 1343 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails it on 20:23 - Jun 14 by ladyjack

Presuming he wins.
Adam Price nails it on 20:25 - Jun 14 with 1343 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Price nails it on 20:22 - Jun 14 by Joe_bradshaw

Quite.

He’s also a coward. Whenever the going gets tough he runs for the hills.

Which is another reason he’s ducking debate wherever possible.

Adam Price nails it on 20:26 - Jun 14 with 1337 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails it on 20:25 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Which is another reason he’s ducking debate wherever possible.

He probably is.

Anyone with a clear lead is sensible not to go through the C4 format, too much to lose, nothing to gain.
Adam Price nails it on 20:28 - Jun 14 with 1328 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Price nails it on 20:26 - Jun 14 by bluey_the_blue

He probably is.

Anyone with a clear lead is sensible not to go through the C4 format, too much to lose, nothing to gain.

At the moment they’re only soliciting votes from around 300 MPs. The debates will teach that electorate nothing they don’t already know.

Adam Price nails it on 20:32 - Jun 14 with 1315 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Adam Price nails it on 20:26 - Jun 14 by bluey_the_blue

He probably is.

Then again, any statesmanlike, courageous leader in waiting who had passionate convictions about what they would do in power would welcome the chance to prove to the nation that they were the right man for the job.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Adam Price nails it on 20:34 - Jun 14 with 1303 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails it on 20:28 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

At the moment they’re only soliciting votes from around 300 MPs. The debates will teach that electorate nothing they don’t already know.

Agreed. In the C4 debate, each other candidate would go after the leader ( in this case, BoJo ). Irrespective of BoJo being advised to avoid debate, what does he gain from it? Five candidates all targeting him, all looking to secure MP votes to be the final opponent. Nothing for the leader to gain from it, everything to lose. Constant attacks score points with those watching, so even though it's a certainty he'll be in final two now, participating could cost member votes.

In a way, the media are partly responsible for BoJo. Every single thing he says is broadcast every single thing is focused around him. There were imo some excellent launch speeches - none of which gained the publicity BoJo did.
Adam Price nails it on 20:36 - Jun 14 with 1292 viewsDarran

I said it all along,people were clambering to get rid of May with no thought as to who was going to take her place.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adam Price nails it on 20:37 - Jun 14 with 1286 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails it on 20:32 - Jun 14 by Joe_bradshaw

Then again, any statesmanlike, courageous leader in waiting who had passionate convictions about what they would do in power would welcome the chance to prove to the nation that they were the right man for the job.

That's an assumption though. Every candidate has people advising them with regards to strategy. I very much doubt any advisor would want their man to be put up their to be shot at. regardless of who it is.

I find multi person debates, especially televised to be pointless. Head to head, equal footing, absolutely, great stuff.

I do like the Lib Dems insisting they have their leadership debates televised. I get the feeling they don't realise the difference.
Adam Price nails it on 20:38 - Jun 14 with 1283 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails it on 20:36 - Jun 14 by Darran

I said it all along,people were clambering to get rid of May with no thought as to who was going to take her place.

Eh, couldn't be much worse tbh.
Adam Price nails it on 20:38 - Jun 14 with 1284 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Price nails it on 20:36 - Jun 14 by Darran

Well anyone who knows anything realises it’d be another Tory.

Adam Price nails it on 20:40 - Jun 14 with 1268 viewsbluey_the_blue

Adam Price nails it on 20:38 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Or will it?

Maybe Stewart could get to final two, start choking... then rip off his skin to reveal he's actually Chuka Umunna.

I mean, it's been five minutes now, he's surely got to find another party?
Adam Price nails it on 20:43 - Jun 14 with 1258 viewsDarran

Adam Price nails it on 20:38 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Yes but it’s going to be a much worse Tory.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024