Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambition v Business 09:54 - Aug 26 with 3080 viewsGVJack

Given our start, do you think Kaplan, Levien (& Birch) are still looking to move Baston and Ayew on? Surely they must be tempted to keep the duo and see how we fair with a possible return to the premiership at the end of it? That is supposedly their ambition after all.

With the sale of McBurnie and DJ, and other High earners off the payroll and still receiving parachute payments surely their books can be balanced this season?

I know every player has his price, so if something ridiculous came in then of course they'd sell... I guess my question is would we still consider selling well below market value just to get them off our wage bill?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 9:54]
No subject on 09:55 - Aug 26 with 2436 viewsjacks777

It would be a false economy to lose them now.
Must stay.
Ambition v Business on 10:07 - Aug 26 with 2351 viewsraynor94

Both have to stay, starting to look like it could be an exciting season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ambition v Business on 10:10 - Aug 26 with 2336 viewsGVJack

I think 99. 99% of all Swans fans think they have to stay... My question is more around what do you think the yanks will do?
Ambition v Business on 10:10 - Aug 26 with 2336 viewsPacemaker

I think we would only sell them now if there was a good price for them and they wanted to leave. I think Baston is playing, scoring and enjoying his football so he would refuse to leave but if Ayew received a good offer he would want to go.

The books must be pretty much on target, not in the black perhaps but manageable a good cup run could put a lot of players in the shop window against the PL sides. If we keep on winning and being at the business end of the table who would want to move on and who would sell if they thought promotion was possible.

Frankly a good season will bring all the stay aways back and get the stadium bouncing again. The football being played this season is as good as anything we have ever played, nice triangles movement and passing a joy to watch.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Ambition v Business on 10:14 - Aug 26 with 2315 viewsjacks777

Ambition v Business on 10:10 - Aug 26 by Pacemaker

I think we would only sell them now if there was a good price for them and they wanted to leave. I think Baston is playing, scoring and enjoying his football so he would refuse to leave but if Ayew received a good offer he would want to go.

The books must be pretty much on target, not in the black perhaps but manageable a good cup run could put a lot of players in the shop window against the PL sides. If we keep on winning and being at the business end of the table who would want to move on and who would sell if they thought promotion was possible.

Frankly a good season will bring all the stay aways back and get the stadium bouncing again. The football being played this season is as good as anything we have ever played, nice triangles movement and passing a joy to watch.

I’d imagine the Americans aren’t that dull by wanting to cash in on them now.
The difficulty maybe if they want to leave, especially Ayew.
Ambition v Business on 10:16 - Aug 26 with 2304 viewshobo

The books have long been more than balanced
Ambition v Business on 10:21 - Aug 26 with 2281 viewspencoedjack

I don’t think Ayew will be here at the end of the week.

Can’t imagine the Yanks paying 90k a week to keep him down
Ambition v Business on 10:26 - Aug 26 with 2246 viewsFireboy2

Ambition v Business on 10:21 - Aug 26 by pencoedjack

What makes you think ayew will be gone PJ?

There havent been any rumours of clubs that are interested and there isnt much time left in the european window
Login to get fewer ads

Ambition v Business on 10:26 - Aug 26 with 2246 viewsNotLoyal

They will recoup it ten fold if we go up. Surely there's some acumen in their heads.
Ah ....
Mind you if he does stay it may well to a long way to showing the supporters they aren't all bad or at least that they have some sense.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ambition v Business on 10:29 - Aug 26 with 2231 viewsjacks777

Well that’s a ridiculous point of view.
The big prize is getting promoted and the minimum £200 million that promotion would bring, which makes his £80,000 a week insignificant.

Nothing is for certain but we stand a better chance of promotion with Ayew playing for us.
So IMO it won’t be the Americans forcing him out. If he leaves it’s probably because he wants too.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 10:30]
Ambition v Business on 10:29 - Aug 26 with 2230 viewsSwansea93

Ambition v Business on 10:26 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

What makes you think ayew will be gone PJ?

There havent been any rumours of clubs that are interested and there isnt much time left in the european window

I'm sure the Portuguese window is open until September 31st, so he could still get a decent move to Sporting,Benfica or Porto.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ambition v Business on 10:34 - Aug 26 with 2199 viewsDr_Winston

Ambition v Business on 10:29 - Aug 26 by jacks777

The big prize is getting promoted and the minimum £200 million that promotion would bring, which makes his £80,000 a week insignificant.

Nothing is for certain but we stand a better chance of promotion with Ayew playing for us.
So IMO it won’t be the Americans forcing him out. If he leaves it’s probably because he wants too.

£80,000 a week for a club getting less than 20,000 through the turnstiles isn't insignificant under any circumstances.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ambition v Business on 10:35 - Aug 26 with 2197 viewspencoedjack

Let’s see at the end of the window is it.
Ambition v Business on 10:39 - Aug 26 with 2183 viewsjacks777

Ambition v Business on 10:34 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

£80,000 a week for a club getting less than 20,000 through the turnstiles isn't insignificant under any circumstances.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and that is do we want promotion or not ?.
Also don’t forget Ayew’s wages are covered by the parachute payments - that’s the whole purpose of the parachute payments to off set the loss of PL money and to cover the cost of players on PL wages.
Ambition v Business on 10:41 - Aug 26 with 2175 viewsjacks777

Ambition v Business on 10:35 - Aug 26 by pencoedjack

Let’s see at the end of the window is it.

What has that got to do with it. Ayew May well leave and that maybe his decision and not the clubs.
Ambition v Business on 10:42 - Aug 26 with 2166 viewssainthelens

We are talking about a couple of guys who wanted Bobbly to manage our team.
Here's hoping a lesson or 2 has been learned about making a wrong call.
They've a great opportunity to gain an ounce of support from us and keep what we got...they do know there is a pot of gold waiting .
Ambition v Business on 10:44 - Aug 26 with 2148 viewsDr_Winston

Ambition v Business on 10:39 - Aug 26 by jacks777

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and that is do we want promotion or not ?.
Also don’t forget Ayew’s wages are covered by the parachute payments - that’s the whole purpose of the parachute payments to off set the loss of PL money and to cover the cost of players on PL wages.

The bigger picture is the long term survival of the club. It's the only picture. Even after everything we've been through, into administration twice, there are still people who would happily throw caution to the wind in pursuit of promotion. Madness.

The parachute payments don't come close to covering the clubs liabilities, wages included. Ayew's wages alone aren't far off 20-25% of next years expected payment. Hence all the player sales as well.

Do some research. This is all basic stuff.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ambition v Business on 10:59 - Aug 26 with 2098 viewsjacks777

Ambition v Business on 10:44 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

The bigger picture is the long term survival of the club. It's the only picture. Even after everything we've been through, into administration twice, there are still people who would happily throw caution to the wind in pursuit of promotion. Madness.

The parachute payments don't come close to covering the clubs liabilities, wages included. Ayew's wages alone aren't far off 20-25% of next years expected payment. Hence all the player sales as well.

Do some research. This is all basic stuff.

For gods sake the survival of the club isn’t at stake.
If we take your route, we may as well give up now and at best settle for mediocrity and forget about getting back to the PL.

To keep Ayew until the end of the season would cost around £3 million in wages.
Ambition v Business on 11:02 - Aug 26 with 2093 viewsjack247

Let’s be realistic. If they get any kind of permanent offer, or loan with full wages paid for Ayew, he’ll be gone.

They have completely distanced themselves from the club and are looking to minimise outgoings. That doesn’t mean we won’t ever sign players, but it will be done cheaply. If they get a chance to get £80k a week off the books, they’ll take it.

If we were in this position at the end of January, I think Birch may have a chance of persuading them. I can’t see that being the case after 6 games.
Ambition v Business on 11:03 - Aug 26 with 2089 viewsDr_Winston

Ambition v Business on 10:59 - Aug 26 by jacks777

For gods sake the survival of the club isn’t at stake.
If we take your route, we may as well give up now and at best settle for mediocrity and forget about getting back to the PL.

To keep Ayew until the end of the season would cost around £3 million in wages.

Did we have any players on £3m a year (actually 52 x £80000 is just over £4m not including N.I.) the last time we got promoted?

Are there really still people out there who still think the only way to build a successful team is to spend money?

Ambition v Business on 11:09 - Aug 26 with 2066 viewsGVJack

Ambition v Business on 11:02 - Aug 26 by jack247

Let’s be realistic. If they get any kind of permanent offer, or loan with full wages paid for Ayew, he’ll be gone.

They have completely distanced themselves from the club and are looking to minimise outgoings. That doesn’t mean we won’t ever sign players, but it will be done cheaply. If they get a chance to get £80k a week off the books, they’ll take it.

If we were in this position at the end of January, I think Birch may have a chance of persuading them. I can’t see that being the case after 6 games.

I predict you may be right, particularly with the emergence of Garrick who plays in that position, not got the experience of Ayew but nor has he got his wages. With Dyer also to return from injury I think the yanks will cash in if given the opportunity.
Ambition v Business on 11:12 - Aug 26 with 2056 viewsjacks777

Ambition v Business on 11:03 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Did we have any players on £3m a year (actually 52 x £80000 is just over £4m not including N.I.) the last time we got promoted?

Are there really still people out there who still think the only way to build a successful team is to spend money?

52 weeks from now is August 2020 long after the season has ended.
I don’t think it’s to much to expect that the club keeps hold of an important player, who could make the difference between being promoted or not.

Also the reality is if you aren’t prepared to spend some money, then success will be extremely hard to achieve.
Ambition v Business on 11:25 - Aug 26 with 2008 viewsjack247

Ambition v Business on 11:12 - Aug 26 by jacks777

52 weeks from now is August 2020 long after the season has ended.
I don’t think it’s to much to expect that the club keeps hold of an important player, who could make the difference between being promoted or not.

Also the reality is if you aren’t prepared to spend some money, then success will be extremely hard to achieve.

There’s a balance to be struck here.

Of course spending money doesn’t guarantee success and of course it’s possible to go up on a limited budget, we did it before.

The reality though, is that the teams with the best players usually end up nearer the top of the table and whilst you can sign the odd Michu, the best players normally cost the most money and command the most wages.

I haven’t rated Baston before this season, but he’s been superb so far, as has Ayew. It’s no real surprise that a £15m player and a £20m player are shining in the Championship.
Ambition v Business on 11:28 - Aug 26 with 1996 viewsjasper_T

I don't want us to gamble the club's security on promotion. Ayew's got the best part of £10m left to go on his contract. If a permanent offer turns up then we surely have to accept it. That sort of money keeps the academy at top level for a decade.

I don't think one will, though. No one will match his wages based on a few good Championship performances.
Ambition v Business on 11:51 - Aug 26 with 1949 viewsBadlands

Ambition v Business on 10:29 - Aug 26 by Swansea93

I'm sure the Portuguese window is open until September 31st, so he could still get a decent move to Sporting,Benfica or Porto.

22nd.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024