Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe 09:53 - Dec 22 with 13480 viewsJackfath

I came across this chap when I dipped into "Pumping Iron" the homo erotic 1970s film starring Arnold and ex Hulk Lou Ferrigno on Netflix.

I was suprised on further investigation to learn he was from Swansea, moved back to Clydach, died aged 60 from a kidney compliant.

Does anyone on here remember him or did you know him?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 10:39 - Dec 22 with 12155 viewslifelong

Yes, I remember him.
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 10:59 - Dec 22 with 12132 viewsmawdlamjack

him and his wife ran a cafe opposite victoria gardens in neath in the late seventies,
his wife was a friend of a girlfriend of mine.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 11:26 - Dec 22 with 12117 viewsJackfath

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 10:59 - Dec 22 by mawdlamjack

him and his wife ran a cafe opposite victoria gardens in neath in the late seventies,
his wife was a friend of a girlfriend of mine.

Was she the one who was Miss Universe Bikini?

What was he like? Strange how little is known about this chap, he was number one in the world, from Swansea and I'm ashamed to say I had never heard of him. Surely a statue is deserving, similar to this?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 11:56 - Dec 22 with 12092 viewsBanosswan

Wasn't he basically a testing ground for Arnie? Come up with some new concoction, test it on Paul and if it works in to Arnie it goes. If not, on to the next one.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 01:08 - Dec 23 with 12036 viewsTokijo

Think Paul Grant ran a small health food store in High Street, circa 1980.
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 10:14 - Dec 23 with 11973 viewssunshinehead

I'm fairly sure I knew his sister.
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 10:44 - Dec 23 with 11961 viewsmawdlamjack

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 11:26 - Dec 22 by Jackfath

Was she the one who was Miss Universe Bikini?

What was he like? Strange how little is known about this chap, he was number one in the world, from Swansea and I'm ashamed to say I had never heard of him. Surely a statue is deserving, similar to this?

no, she never went in for the body building,she did complain that the roids had shrivelled his nads and killed his ardour though.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 10:45 - Dec 23 with 11960 viewsymaohyd

I used to work out in his gym on Wind St, back in the 80's. Got to know him quite well. He was making a bodybuilding come back at the time, him and Peter Phillips (who used to own Better Bodies opposite the Lib) used to train together. They were absolutely massive.

Sadly both have past away now.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 11:19 - Dec 23 with 11936 viewsairedale

He was Mr Universe (Best Legs).

He was nicknamed Gigrantor and used to work in Bernard George's clubs
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 19:59 - Dec 23 with 11880 viewspansypants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Grant_(bodybuilder)

There was a guy Dave Morgan I think who was a world shoulder press champion circa 1995. I think he was a jack. He came to a gym in Carmarthen and was brilliant to listen to. Reckons a lot of bodybuilders were Arnie's guinea pigs.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:52 - Jul 11 with 9034 viewsWingstandwood

Don't want to brag myself up here but I'm currently typing via microphone-headphone facilitated dictation software whilst doing wrist curls. No big deal you may say!

Well the wrist curls I'm doing are 5 sets of 20 using two sit down lawn mowers that have been welded to each side of an Olympic bar.

Argus!

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:13 - Jul 11 with 8979 viewspostman

we both went to penlan multilateral school close friend for many years gem of a mate
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:14 - Jul 11 with 8974 viewsTheFranchise

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:52 - Jul 11 by Wingstandwood

Don't want to brag myself up here but I'm currently typing via microphone-headphone facilitated dictation software whilst doing wrist curls. No big deal you may say!

Well the wrist curls I'm doing are 5 sets of 20 using two sit down lawn mowers that have been welded to each side of an Olympic bar.

Curls are for girls
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:18 - Jul 11 with 8963 viewsmax936

I knew of him, spoke to him a few times nice fella, but ruined his life by using Steroids he had quite a big gym down Wind St which was popular.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:44 - Jul 11 with 8904 viewsjacktar

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:18 - Jul 11 by max936

I knew of him, spoke to him a few times nice fella, but ruined his life by using Steroids he had quite a big gym down Wind St which was popular.

I was a member of his gym in Wind Street back in the 1980s It was the best around at the time and Paul was a nice guy and always helpful when we were training, His interest was bodybuilding rather than fitness or weightlifting, hence the steroids which I think would have contributed to his premature death.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 19:18 - Jul 11 with 8740 viewspostman

paul died aged about 59 as posted earlier steroids were a lot to do with his premature death
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:38 - May 5 with 5441 viewspansypants

Who was that massive black bouncer on the door of Ritzy's circa 1996? He had like a beehive haircut!

There was a small bouncer called Naz or Laz , no one messed with him as he was a tad kwon do expert and could tie bloke up in knots who were twice his size.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 15:39]

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:42 - May 5 with 5430 viewsWarwickHunt

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:38 - May 5 by pansypants

Who was that massive black bouncer on the door of Ritzy's circa 1996? He had like a beehive haircut!

There was a small bouncer called Naz or Laz , no one messed with him as he was a tad kwon do expert and could tie bloke up in knots who were twice his size.

Hitch?
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:43 - May 5 with 5428 viewsdickythorpe

Maybe Warwick, but he was faaaahhhhking huge
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:45 - May 5 with 5425 viewsWarwickHunt

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:43 - May 5 by dickythorpe

Maybe Warwick, but he was faaaahhhhking huge

The knot bloke, mun. FFS, Dicky.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 15:46]
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:57 - May 5 with 5408 viewsTreforys_Jack

Yes, as others have said , I remember his gym. Another useless fact, there was a guy who lived next to me who was also in the film "pumping iron" , sadly now deceased as well.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 15:58]
Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:58 - May 5 with 5405 viewsTreforys_Jack

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:45 - May 5 by WarwickHunt

The knot bloke, mun. FFS, Dicky.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 15:46]

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:05 - May 5 with 5394 viewsWingstandwood

Sometimes a strict regime involving high intensity training, quality nutrition and (of extreme importance) i.e. rest can fray patience a little.

The 'quality nutrition' that is used a lot by these guys?... Does for some reason come with personality changing effects!

Argus!

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:19 - May 5 with 5366 viewstheloneranger

Paul had a very rare kidney problem in the 1980's and was already on dialysis when he had a kidney transplant.

He worked on the door of The Penthouse for a while, and has already been said was a really nice guy - and yes his wife Christine did win "Miss Universe Bikini" in the early 1970's in London.

Edit ... The Penthouse should be The Cavalier, as it was then.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 17:01]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 16:37 - May 5 with 5332 viewsScotia

Paul Grant ex Mr Universe on 15:38 - May 5 by pansypants

I think that was Gerald. Worked in Barker the clothes shop too, funnily enough I saw him in Morfa a few weeks ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024