Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas 18:05 - Sep 19 with 1127 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas 19th Sep 2020 18:03
Swansea supporters will be frustrated that Steve Coopers tactics saw a nil return in the opening home game of the season. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 18:55 - Sep 19 with 1060 viewsswancity

“ Cooper runs out of ideas “

That’s bollox isn’t it. Four points from two games. No goals conceded. No fans there so it’s negated home advantage

Don’t be so silly.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:01 - Sep 19 with 1055 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 18:55 - Sep 19 by swancity

That’s bollox isn’t it. Four points from two games. No goals conceded. No fans there so it’s negated home advantage

Don’t be so silly.

Opinions, your welcome to join us on the team, I will send you a message later.

Forgot to add, when you read the whole article it supports him at the end as did my piece for planet swans.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:03 - Sep 19 with 1047 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Desperately need a forward.
Potter had James and oli to create and score.
Last year we had Brewster.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 1022 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Today was a defensive stalemate, with little creativity in final third, as summed up nicely by Pulis.

Both sides were a reflection of the managers' characters, which to a large extent imo accounts for our lack of ebullience and gung-ho going forward (at the moment)

Cooper let loose in the run-in, tournament football, no holds barred stuff, which almost all fans enjoyed.

We need to add some dynamism to the coaching team. Trundle springs to mind, he knows how to attack with aplomb, is a massive positive influence and his people/man-management skills may be just what Cooper needs as a foil we may have a vacancy given Tatey's faux pas).

Clearly lacking a CF as the key focal point.
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:56 - Sep 19 with 977 viewsAndyconky

Cheers for the report. Didn't see the game today as it's never worked when I've paid the tenner and at the moment it feels like pre season friendlies without supporters in the stadiums

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 22:43 - Sep 19 with 851 viewsjasper_T

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:03 - Sep 19 by felixstowe_jack

If we bring in a Brewster does he drop 16 goal Ayew or his signing Lowe? Or does the system that's been defending well change?
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 00:15 - Sep 20 with 797 viewsBadlands

To run out of ideas suggests he had some to begin with.
Another pretty tragic display of mostly slow, boring, craftless and highly predictable play (one or two monuments to get excited about and then you realise those would have been standard only the season before last).
Thank goodness we have 3 tidy CBs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 00:55 - Sep 20 with 773 viewsBillyChong

Felix/Badlands you bemoan yet defend the yanks/sellouts upon which such improvement relies. Make your minds up.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 09:34 - Sep 20 with 669 viewsNotLoyal

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 18:55 - Sep 19 by swancity

Don’t be so silly.

Funny.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 12:45 - Sep 20 with 610 viewsAnotherJohn

Have to say I thought "run out of ideas" was pretty accurate.
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 15:39 - Sep 20 with 564 viewsBadlands

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:03 - Sep 19 by felixstowe_jack

Potter made James as far as senior football is concerned and Oli took the best part of half a season to really work up his reputation.
Brewster, as with all Cooper's kids, came ready made - as he was used to with representative youth football.
We have players but we don't have a manager who can improve them - Potter did.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 18:01 - Sep 20 with 524 viewsCatullus

I'll have a moan, why wait til 7 minutes from the end to put Cullen on? The kid didn't have time to get into the game properly but he looked lively and with a bit longer who knows? It's Cooper and substitutes again, he's poor in that area.

I said on the matchday thread I felt we needed to move the ball quickly because Birmingham were a big, strong team. When we did move it quickly it looked Ok but we didn't do it enough.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 18:50 - Sep 20 with 515 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 18:01 - Sep 20 by Catullus

I'll have a moan, why wait til 7 minutes from the end to put Cullen on? The kid didn't have time to get into the game properly but he looked lively and with a bit longer who knows? It's Cooper and substitutes again, he's poor in that area.

I said on the matchday thread I felt we needed to move the ball quickly because Birmingham were a big, strong team. When we did move it quickly it looked Ok but we didn't do it enough.

You’re right, should’ve been earlier (he was poised on 75 mins, but stuff got in the way). 60 mins would normally make sense however the oppo went full pelt at that point and pushed us back (difficult to counter against such big powerful players).

We withstood that and when Cullen came on he absolutely made a difference as an out and out CF tactically pulling and pushing his defenders Which gave us a much needed edge. We then looked like we could win it.

Let’s not forget Cooper’s heritage. He’s still on a massive learning curve and has ticked so many boxes so far.

Furthermore not one poster suggested either an alternative game plan nor tactical substitutions across both forums. Yet those same posters are always too quick to criticise. Odd.
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:18 - Sep 20 with 503 viewsFireboy2

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 18:50 - Sep 20 by KarlHRummenigge

You’re right, should’ve been earlier (he was poised on 75 mins, but stuff got in the way). 60 mins would normally make sense however the oppo went full pelt at that point and pushed us back (difficult to counter against such big powerful players).

We withstood that and when Cullen came on he absolutely made a difference as an out and out CF tactically pulling and pushing his defenders Which gave us a much needed edge. We then looked like we could win it.

Let’s not forget Cooper’s heritage. He’s still on a massive learning curve and has ticked so many boxes so far.

Furthermore not one poster suggested either an alternative game plan nor tactical substitutions across both forums. Yet those same posters are always too quick to criticise. Odd.

I've constantly criticized cooper for not making enough substitutions and making them too late, stating who to put on and when.

One change can make a big difference.

Put cullen on with 70 gone, take a centre half off, go 4 4 2, we have ayew and Lowe on the wings and gibbs white as a no 10, or keep gw in the midfield and go 4 5 1.

What pisses me and alot of other off is cooper doesnt make subs because he is scared of losing games.

You would think after him being so reluctant to make subs costing us quite alot of games at home last season he would have learnt.
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 20:11 - Sep 20 with 472 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 19:18 - Sep 20 by Fireboy2

I've constantly criticized cooper for not making enough substitutions and making them too late, stating who to put on and when.

One change can make a big difference.

Put cullen on with 70 gone, take a centre half off, go 4 4 2, we have ayew and Lowe on the wings and gibbs white as a no 10, or keep gw in the midfield and go 4 5 1.

What pisses me and alot of other off is cooper doesnt make subs because he is scared of losing games.

You would think after him being so reluctant to make subs costing us quite alot of games at home last season he would have learnt.

Fair play, you give it your best shot always, in support of our beloved team, and hats off to that. It's so easy for the lazy bully to gauge popular opinion and jump on it. It's what many with the herd mentality on the old site have done in the past.

You're clearly far better than that, with your erudite rationale.

I don't think Cooper is scared of making subs. He's a pragmatist. The options are limited, he's making a decent fist of it all told.
Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 20:15 - Sep 20 with 469 viewsFireboy2

Swans stalemate as Cooper runs out of ideas on 20:11 - Sep 20 by KarlHRummenigge

Fair play, you give it your best shot always, in support of our beloved team, and hats off to that. It's so easy for the lazy bully to gauge popular opinion and jump on it. It's what many with the herd mentality on the old site have done in the past.

You're clearly far better than that, with your erudite rationale.

I don't think Cooper is scared of making subs. He's a pragmatist. The options are limited, he's making a decent fist of it all told.

Thanks for not labelling me a lazy bully KHR as I am the total opposite of both.

I get where you are coming from re the subs.

BUT using another rationale, would it not be better for him to use these subs frequently so they get more game time, therefore making the squad stronger and not relying on the starting 11 week by week?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 20:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024