Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Testing players, testing times 15:50 - Sep 22 with 821 viewsKeithHaynes

Some interesting thoughts on the real reasons why Spurs paid for Orient to get their players tested. The game now being called off. For me, it’s obvious, all players should be tested, the players union has an extreme wealth base believed to be in the region of 45 to 62 million pounds. The EFL and Premier league as well. They also have huge investments in growth funds. As much as premier league sides should give something back to football, Spurs clearly only paid for the tests to benefit themselves, be that to get the game called off or more honestly to protect their players.

As it stands now I’m struggling to see this season finishing before we go head on once again in to what the UK believes is a lockdown. Surely this will signal the end of a vast amount of clubs ? Would it harm any premier league side to donate 200k per club to support the football league clubs who can show extreme hardship ?

But should Spurs be given a bye ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Testing players, testing times on 16:45 - Sep 22 with 788 viewsChief

Certainly shouldn't be given a bye (unless there's obvious evidence for example of LO players breaking covid rules etc).

They shouldn't set this precedent because where does it end? What about the next round? Round after that? And that? The competition turns into a covid prevention spreading cup at that point, not a football competition.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Testing players, testing times on 17:24 - Sep 22 with 769 viewsReslovenSwan1

Testing players, testing times on 16:45 - Sep 22 by Chief

Certainly shouldn't be given a bye (unless there's obvious evidence for example of LO players breaking covid rules etc).

They shouldn't set this precedent because where does it end? What about the next round? Round after that? And that? The competition turns into a covid prevention spreading cup at that point, not a football competition.

There was a hope that football league could continue in a decreasing Covid 19 scenario. It is now clear that is not going to happen. The 2020-2012 season should be mothballed if adequte testing is not viable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Testing players, testing times on 17:59 - Sep 22 with 750 viewsChief

Testing players, testing times on 17:24 - Sep 22 by ReslovenSwan1

There was a hope that football league could continue in a decreasing Covid 19 scenario. It is now clear that is not going to happen. The 2020-2012 season should be mothballed if adequte testing is not viable.

Difficult to disagree unless the FA / clubs could source & procure tests that doesn't compromise the NHS' s supplies. But even then morally its difficult to see how football can continue if key workers are struggling to get tested.

Testing players, testing times on 19:10 - Sep 22 with 693 viewsonehunglow

Maybe they should stop bobbing all over the pitch and crawl over e@ch other when they score.

Basically there are twaats

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Testing players, testing times on 19:35 - Sep 22 with 671 viewsCatullus

Testing players, testing times on 16:45 - Sep 22 by Chief

Public health is more important than a football competition. So yes, scrap the whole thing because of the risks. Or tests should be mandatory at all clubs and the PFA can fund it for those clubs that can't afford it.

It's impossible to say how many clubs will go under during this but until all fans are allowed back in there could be a lot of problems to come. Some of the small Non League clubs are already in over their heads, they need fans in, it's the vast majority of their income. To be honest, with the virus rising again, unless something huge happens, unless there's a relaible vaccine or the virus just vanishes it could easily be 6-9 months or longer until we see full stadia again. If I was having a bet I'd probably choose a full year actually.

If people want things back to a relative normality then we ALL need to obey the rules.

I say that but with my son in Comprehensive I suppose I roll the dice every school day!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Testing players, testing times on 20:19 - Sep 22 with 649 viewsonehunglow

talking to a manager of Lidl today.
Asked why he was just having a conversation with a customer who didnt have a mask.Said it was Govt policy not to challenge.

I asked if he challenged as regard alcohol and tobacco ales in addition to blades and paracetamol. Of course he says.

This is why we are where we are.

Testing players, testing times on 20:41 - Sep 22 with 633 viewsNeath_Jack

Surprised they've let the West Ham game go ahead tonight.

Manager and 2 first team players tested positive, they were all at the stadium when they found out.

I can see all football being knocked on the head again if this continues.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 21:05]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Testing players, testing times on 21:00 - Sep 22 with 611 viewsKeithHaynes

Testing players, testing times on 17:59 - Sep 22 by Chief

Difficult to disagree unless the FA / clubs could source & procure tests that doesn't compromise the NHS' s supplies. But even then morally its difficult to see how football can continue if key workers are struggling to get tested.

Applying the SFA decision with Celtic, who had no deductions or points penalty it’s crazy it’s even contemplated.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Testing players, testing times on 22:12 - Sep 22 with 542 viewsCatullus

Testing players, testing times on 17:24 - Sep 22 by ReslovenSwan1

The 2012 season was mothballed a while back

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Testing players, testing times on 22:47 - Sep 22 with 523 viewsKilkennyjack

This is not a matter for the PFA or the clubs.

The football industry pays a huge taxation bill every fecking year.

This year - only - the football industey needs some help.
The government should fund and provide all the tests needed.
Simples.

They helped the tax dodging fecking banks, so why not the ‘world beating’ football industry.
Maybe its cos football is a working class sport ?

Beware of the Risen People

Testing players, testing times on 23:17 - Sep 22 with 515 viewsNotLoyal

Testing players, testing times on 22:47 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

This is not a matter for the PFA or the clubs.

The football industry pays a huge taxation bill every fecking year.

This year - only - the football industey needs some help.
The government should fund and provide all the tests needed.
Simples.

They helped the tax dodging fecking banks, so why not the ‘world beating’ football industry.
Maybe its cos football is a working class sport ?

Working class to an extent watch it but they ain't playing it, even at Swansea.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Testing players, testing times on 23:55 - Sep 22 with 501 viewsReslovenSwan1

Testing players, testing times on 23:17 - Sep 22 by NotLoyal

Working class to an extent watch it but they ain't playing it, even at Swansea.

Football is full on foreign nationals of obscene unsustatainable wages. The footballers should be put on the furlough scheme

Wise sage since Toshack era

Testing players, testing times on 01:25 - Sep 23 with 487 viewsChief

Testing players, testing times on 23:55 - Sep 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Football is full on foreign nationals of obscene unsustatainable wages. The footballers should be put on the furlough scheme

Foreign owners on obscene loan repayment interest too.

Testing players, testing times on 11:17 - Sep 23 with 393 viewsonehunglow

Prem league look after their own.players are the ultimate selfish greedy deckers. If they don’t get the money here they will upsticks and get it elsewhere.

Many were and are reluctant to take a cut on wages in excess of 200k per week.

This country is simply dumb beyond belief. We have about 10 million experts on virus and how to combat it. We know little and are learning nothing.

Testing players, testing times on 11:18 - Sep 23 with 393 viewsBadlands

Testing players, testing times on 19:10 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Maybe they should stop bobbing all over the pitch and crawl over e@ch other when they score.

Basically there are twaats

Yet rugby is carrying on quite well!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Testing players, testing times on 11:34 - Sep 23 with 390 viewsonehunglow

Well,in the gob stakes they are nowhere near as pre eminent as footballers.

Remember not so long ago the mantra not to shake hands etc and keep distances.

That s my point .That s all

Testing players, testing times on 11:43 - Sep 23 with 389 viewstrampie

I was saying before the football season started that the season may not be completed when the flu season/covid second wave hits and that the Swans need to be as high up the table as possible in case the season gets curtailed, who knows what would happen if that senario played out - come the halfway mark of the season I would like the Swans to be in an automatic promotion spot or at least a play off spot and certainly not in a relegation spot.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 11:47]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Testing players, testing times on 11:48 - Sep 23 with 383 viewsonehunglow

Tramp.
It’s a fair observation.

I’m very fearful mainly for my daughter s business. my son seems alright as he s in one of the world s biiggest companies .

As for football,I’m losing it,especially with grotesque salaries and fees still around in abundance.

The worst scenario could see football and in fact many professional sports going amateur and all because we simply cannot do what we are told to prevent this virus spreading .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024