Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... 07:47 - Oct 18 with 1162 viewssidekick_jack

Not sure if any of you are in that area (opposite the Liberty). But last night me and the missus were parked up outside Vesuvios and heading toward the restaurant when a kid of about 7/8 approached me with a sheet of paper, asking for a pen. It looked like a sponsorship form of some kind. I apologised and explained I didn’t have one, and asked what it was for. At that point, he looked over his shoulder at the two slightly older kids that were cautiously approaching us (10/11 ish) who, after a rather strange few seconds of intense staring, asked the same half hearted question about a pen. I repeated that I didn’t have one and asked if they were alright. No response and they went to ask the missus who was sorting something in the car. I said she also did not have a pen, so they turned and headed towards a parked car to presumably ask the person inside the same question.

Now, maybe I’m being paranoid, but something felt off about the whole thing. The way they approached us was alarming, body language etc I don’t like to assume too much but their clothing was worn and I think they may have been gypsies of some sort. I’m basically just wondering if any of you have witnessed this recently? Strange interaction to say the least.
Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 07:58 - Oct 18 with 1149 viewsbuilthjack

Perhaps they thought you were Mickey Douglas and Catherine Zeta, and wanted your autographs.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 08:02 - Oct 18 with 1146 viewssidekick_jack

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 07:58 - Oct 18 by builthjack

Perhaps they thought you were Mickey Douglas and Catherine Zeta, and wanted your autographs.

Easy mistake.
Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 08:59 - Oct 18 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Call me cynical but it was probably a fake sponsorship form, they'd have you signed up and be asking for the cash upfront because, when would they see you again.

Of course if you went in the restaurant they might also believe your house was empty and may have your address on their form!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 09:47 - Oct 18 with 1093 viewssidekick_jack

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 08:59 - Oct 18 by Catullus

Call me cynical but it was probably a fake sponsorship form, they'd have you signed up and be asking for the cash upfront because, when would they see you again.

Of course if you went in the restaurant they might also believe your house was empty and may have your address on their form!

Yeah that sounds likely. I mean, why would you have a sponsorship form but no pen and be going around the street asking anyone and everyone? Definitely had my spider-sense tingling...
Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 09:50 - Oct 18 with 1088 viewscontroversial_jack

There's been a scam like this going on in Europe and particularly Paris for years.You sign a fake sponsorship form or whatever it is and then they demand cash from you.
Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:28 - Oct 18 with 1052 viewsonehunglow

sidekick.
You seem a lovely guy but do what I do and knob off anyone who comes anywhere near me,especially scrawny kids . A lesson to be learned there mate.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:44 - Oct 18 with 1034 viewsHighjack

Who the hell uses pen and paper these days anyway?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:46 - Oct 18 with 1030 viewsonehunglow

Pens can be quite a nasty weapon of offence

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:50 - Oct 18 with 1020 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:46 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

Pens can be quite a nasty weapon of offence

Mightier than the sword you could say.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:55 - Oct 18 with 1011 viewsHighjack

I’d much rather fight a guy who is armed with a pen.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 11:09 - Oct 18 with 989 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:55 - Oct 18 by Highjack

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 11:34 - Oct 18 with 964 viewsNotLoyal

Outside Vesuvios yesterday evening... on 10:55 - Oct 18 by Highjack

Marie?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024