Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Handbags & Drama Queen 21:26 - Nov 28 with 1967 viewsbritferry

BBC axed a football commentator for saying these phrases during this weeks Lincoln v Swindon match

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8995865/Steve-Thompson-suspended-BBC-de

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Handbags & Drama Queen on 00:16 - Nov 29 with 1463 viewsKeithHaynes

I took a smack in the mouth once off a handbag, I became a drama queen.
Knocked two teeth out.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Handbags & Drama Queen on 00:26 - Nov 29 with 1456 viewsjasper_T

He's only been suspended until the New Year, bunch of drama queens complaining about it as if he's been sacked, tarred and feathered.
Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:10 - Nov 29 with 1367 viewsonehunglow

Handbags & Drama Queen on 00:16 - Nov 29 by KeithHaynes

Knocked two teeth out.

I often used to get called a drama queen on these sites. I actually took it as a compliment appealing to my feminine side.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:29 - Nov 29 with 1346 viewsBoundy

Handbags & Drama Queen on 00:26 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

He's only been suspended until the New Year, bunch of drama queens complaining about it as if he's been sacked, tarred and feathered.

I suggest the drama queens are the ones who suspended him .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:44 - Nov 29 with 1333 viewsjasper_T

Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:29 - Nov 29 by Boundy

I suggest the drama queens are the ones who suspended him .

When someone puts in an inadequate job performance a suspension until they can sort themselves out is appropriate. Like it or not times change, and a broadcaster has every right to try to present their content to appeal to as many people as possible, not just the lads who don't mind a bit of "harmless banter".

Right wing papers of course going to present it as the death of civil liberties, PC gone mad etc. They know what their readers want to get riled up about.
Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:51 - Nov 29 with 1326 viewsFireboy2

Handbags & Drama Queen on 00:16 - Nov 29 by KeithHaynes

Knocked two teeth out.

Was it in a nightclub by any chance and did you deserve it?
Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:57 - Nov 29 with 1323 viewsBadlands

Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:44 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

When someone puts in an inadequate job performance a suspension until they can sort themselves out is appropriate. Like it or not times change, and a broadcaster has every right to try to present their content to appeal to as many people as possible, not just the lads who don't mind a bit of "harmless banter".

Right wing papers of course going to present it as the death of civil liberties, PC gone mad etc. They know what their readers want to get riled up about.

Their readers don’t think they just have been programmed to respond by the proprietors.
I have never understood why some people, usually the loud and challenged, i insider decency to be evil, unpleasantness to be normal and ignorance as a badge of honour.
Stand up then and they’re the first to cry foul.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Handbags & Drama Queen on 11:11 - Nov 29 with 1313 viewsBoundy

Handbags & Drama Queen on 10:44 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

You haven't got to lean in any direction to know that in the context of what was said meant nothing more than it being just that " banter", No one has the responsible to ensure they don't "offend" some sensitive souls.This imo is just another example of how flakey the world is becoming .I can imagine the ultra sensitive amongst us must spend hours waiting for moments just like this so the can write a letter to the editor, programme producer , the PM the list goes on and on .

Login to get fewer ads

Handbags & Drama Queen on 11:26 - Nov 29 with 1307 viewsCatullus

Were there any complaints about the use of these phrases? If there were then maybe I'll say they are right. If there were no complaints then why?

Some things are so blatantly offensive that action is needed, surely this isn't one of them? Have we become so soft that "handbags" is now offensive?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Handbags & Drama Queen on 11:31 - Nov 29 with 1302 viewsthornabyswan

Handbags & Drama Queen on 11:26 - Nov 29 by Catullus

Were there any complaints about the use of these phrases? If there were then maybe I'll say they are right. If there were no complaints then why?

Some things are so blatantly offensive that action is needed, surely this isn't one of them? Have we become so soft that "handbags" is now offensive?

Gets on my pip all this flakeyness.

Only the other day I rung up a womans rights group and asked to speak to the man in charge.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Handbags & Drama Queen on 11:57 - Nov 29 with 1277 viewsBoundy

Handbags & Drama Queen on 11:31 - Nov 29 by thornabyswan

Gets on my pip all this flakeyness.

Only the other day I rung up a womans rights group and asked to speak to the man in charge.

Now you've gone and done it , the suffragettes now that was a protest group worthy of its name but todays nonsense !! Emmeline Pankhurst would be spinning in her (am I allowed to post that ) . grave

Handbags & Drama Queen on 12:24 - Nov 29 with 1269 viewsjasper_T

Handbags & Drama Queen on 11:11 - Nov 29 by Boundy

You haven't got to lean in any direction to know that in the context of what was said meant nothing more than it being just that " banter", No one has the responsible to ensure they don't "offend" some sensitive souls.This imo is just another example of how flakey the world is becoming .I can imagine the ultra sensitive amongst us must spend hours waiting for moments just like this so the can write a letter to the editor, programme producer , the PM the list goes on and on .

There are lots of things that aren't appropriate to say on TV that are fine with mates, be they sexist, homophobic, even (in some people's opinion) racist etc. Just as there are lots of things that used to be perfectly normal to be heard in a male-dominated industry like football, which shouldn't be. "It was just a bit of banter, we know what he really meant" is a shit excuse for someone failing to meet the standards of the public-facing job. Especially when we've all heard what certain TV personalities really think of women off air.

But by all means keep fantasising about the "ultra sensitive souls spending hours waiting for moments like this". That's the aim of the story in that rag, after all. There's really no good reason to tolerate sexist language on television, except to appeal to sexists who want it to remain normalised for them to use as much as they like, and people terrified that the world is leaving them behind.
Handbags & Drama Queen on 12:40 - Nov 29 with 1261 viewsKilkennyjack

Handbags & Drama Queen on 12:24 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

There are lots of things that aren't appropriate to say on TV that are fine with mates, be they sexist, homophobic, even (in some people's opinion) racist etc. Just as there are lots of things that used to be perfectly normal to be heard in a male-dominated industry like football, which shouldn't be. "It was just a bit of banter, we know what he really meant" is a shit excuse for someone failing to meet the standards of the public-facing job. Especially when we've all heard what certain TV personalities really think of women off air.

But by all means keep fantasising about the "ultra sensitive souls spending hours waiting for moments like this". That's the aim of the story in that rag, after all. There's really no good reason to tolerate sexist language on television, except to appeal to sexists who want it to remain normalised for them to use as much as they like, and people terrified that the world is leaving them behind.

Boundy is from about 1974.
This explains nearly all the views he holds.

He struggles with many aspects of the modern world.

Well done Jasper for making the case for inclusion and equality so well.
We are not going back to the 1970’s , not ever .....

Beware of the Risen People

Handbags & Drama Queen on 15:12 - Nov 30 with 1086 views34dfgdf54

Handbags & Drama Queen on 12:40 - Nov 29 by Kilkennyjack

1970s lol

The guy said handbags when describing a bit of pushing and shoving ffs
Handbags & Drama Queen on 15:21 - Nov 30 with 1084 viewsonehunglow

If that' true,then boundy would be been well appalled at the rebel glorious bombing campaign that saw the English slaughtered,including the ones who were not "legitimate " targets for the Buoys

Handbags & Drama Queen on 15:41 - Nov 30 with 1065 viewsBoundy

I'm curious to know with the limited amount of information you think you have , how did you jump to that conclusion . Perhaps I was brought up in era where I wasn't frightened of my own shadow and to be honest its laughably and disquieting to see how insecure the younger generation are ,its action which offend not words . "Handbags & drama queens ", honestly how sad is that that you feel that someone should be suspended from a job for vocalising what most grown ups thought anyway . I suggest try living in the real world not La La land or is that too offensive to contemplate .

Handbags & Drama Queen on 16:13 - Nov 30 with 1057 viewsonehunglow

Handbags & Drama Queen on 15:41 - Nov 30 by Boundy

I'm curious to know with the limited amount of information you think you have , how did you jump to that conclusion . Perhaps I was brought up in era where I wasn't frightened of my own shadow and to be honest its laughably and disquieting to see how insecure the younger generation are ,its action which offend not words . "Handbags & drama queens ", honestly how sad is that that you feel that someone should be suspended from a job for vocalising what most grown ups thought anyway . I suggest try living in the real world not La La land or is that too offensive to contemplate .

Ive been accused by om of exactly the same Boundy but it might have been the 60s-I forget now.

1974 was a big stella year for IRA fans being the year of the Brum bombing spectacular that saw 21 English dead and 182 injured;their own fault apparently.

It is forgotten Nobody has been tried for that outrage although recently there has been an arrest .

Handbags & Drama Queen on 17:13 - Nov 30 with 1028 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cavani as been warned by thr FA for caling one of his mates "my litle black friend" is Spanish. Its a wonder they did not ask Alavro Negredo to change his name due to its racial conatations.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Handbags & Drama Queen on 18:12 - Nov 30 with 1011 viewsBoundy

Handbags & Drama Queen on 17:13 - Nov 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Cavani as been warned by thr FA for caling one of his mates "my litle black friend" is Spanish. Its a wonder they did not ask Alavro Negredo to change his name due to its racial conatations.

Without knowing whom he was referring to but perhaps he was being truthful ? In a statement, Cavani apologised for any offence caused: “The message I posted after the game on Sunday was intended as an affectionate greeting to a friend, thanking him for his congratulations after the game

My , belonging to or associated with the speaker
Little small in size, amount, or degree (often used to convey an appealing diminutiveness or express an affectionate or condescending attitude).
Black belonging to or denoting any human group having dark-coloured skin, especially of African or Australian Aboriginal ancestry
Friend a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations

Handbags & Drama Queen on 18:58 - Nov 30 with 999 views34dfgdf54

Handbags & Drama Queen on 17:13 - Nov 30 by ReslovenSwan1

That’s not what the word he used means though is it?

I’m far from one of these sissies who love to cry about anything and everything, as a lot of our fans who use these forums do, but Cavani’s post is not acceptable by any stretch.
Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:03 - Nov 30 with 995 viewsKeithHaynes

Handbags & Drama Queen on 18:58 - Nov 30 by 34dfgdf54

That’s not what the word he used means though is it?

I’m far from one of these sissies who love to cry about anything and everything, as a lot of our fans who use these forums do, but Cavani’s post is not acceptable by any stretch.

What were the words used ?

Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:07 - Nov 30 with 994 views34dfgdf54

Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:03 - Nov 30 by KeithHaynes

What were the words used ?

Word he used to describe someone was “negrito”

Same as what Suarez called Evra.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 19:08]
Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:34 - Nov 30 with 972 viewsReslovenSwan1

Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:07 - Nov 30 by 34dfgdf54

Word he used to describe someone was “negrito”

Same as what Suarez called Evra.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 19:08]

A coment I found which may be accurate. As I understand it the "ito" ending has affectionate conetations in Spanish. "little black friend".

"Lots of folks in Latin America will call certain friends "negrito" as a nickname when he has dark skin. It's not an insult."

Its potentially insulting to UK Black people not Uruguayan black people.

It appears that UK people do not like Black people being called 'Black' in Spanish.

In fact UK people do even tolerate Spanish Uruguayan people calling their friends of theirs "Black" in Spanish.

Asking a UK black footballer for his comment on what words Spanish speakers should use seems a bit bizare to me.

South African comedian scoffed at UK definitions of racism. Loyisa Gola.

Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:37 - Nov 30 with 968 viewsReslovenSwan1

Handbags & Drama Queen on 16:13 - Nov 30 by onehunglow

Ive been accused by om of exactly the same Boundy but it might have been the 60s-I forget now.

1974 was a big stella year for IRA fans being the year of the Brum bombing spectacular that saw 21 English dead and 182 injured;their own fault apparently.

It is forgotten Nobody has been tried for that outrage although recently there has been an arrest .

Perhaps you are too young. 'The Birmingham six' were convicted and sent to jail. Wrongly convicted I recall.

Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:38 - Nov 30 with 967 viewsKeithHaynes

Handbags & Drama Queen on 19:34 - Nov 30 by ReslovenSwan1

A coment I found which may be accurate. As I understand it the "ito" ending has affectionate conetations in Spanish. "little black friend".

"Lots of folks in Latin America will call certain friends "negrito" as a nickname when he has dark skin. It's not an insult."

Its potentially insulting to UK Black people not Uruguayan black people.

It appears that UK people do not like Black people being called 'Black' in Spanish.

In fact UK people do even tolerate Spanish Uruguayan people calling their friends of theirs "Black" in Spanish.

Asking a UK black footballer for his comment on what words Spanish speakers should use seems a bit bizare to me.

South African comedian scoffed at UK definitions of racism. Loyisa Gola.

Negra / Negro or Negrata is the way people are called in south Andaluz ( Spain )
None of which are offensive in Latin American countries.
Hence Suarez’s problems.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024