Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real Winters 15:05 - Dec 17 with 1999 viewsonehunglow

Just wtf is going on.Anyone remember them

This morning,we left our modest home on the coast for a walk over the fields to some livery stables for Chrimbo pressies. The garden has roses still in bloom and daffodils up and looking ready to flower. We are in the north of England ffs.

At the stables ,we saw Tarquin and Pippa riding in shirt sleeves and jodpurs and I was also in shirtsleeves. We had coffee and cake OUTSIDE watching the ducks and geese foraging away.

I cannot remember the last meaningful frost we 've had. It aint good really.Something is amiss with the climate and those denying it are as bad a those underestimating covid.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Real Winters on 15:26 - Dec 17 with 1301 viewslondonlisa2001

They’re the same people in the majority of cases.
Real Winters on 15:31 - Dec 17 with 1300 viewsonehunglow

Lisa.
Yep,they do seem to be.
I'm a simple soul ,really,and I will listen to scientists and experts first

Real Winters on 15:43 - Dec 17 with 1286 viewsSwanjaxs

Tarquin

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Real Winters on 16:12 - Dec 17 with 1269 viewsonehunglow

Is it mild for you jaxs?

Real Winters on 16:16 - Dec 17 with 1262 viewsSwanjaxs

Real Winters on 16:12 - Dec 17 by onehunglow

Is it mild for you jaxs?

It is indeed, I'm self isolating at the moment, but have been down the back garden in shorts and tee shirt this afternoon for some fresh air.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Real Winters on 16:29 - Dec 17 with 1248 viewsonehunglow

I remember the winter of 63 when my dad's building business was shut down for 3 months as the mortar would freeze.Never forgot that.Swansea was always milder than many towns and where we live is protected by mountains to the east and west and has the sea to the north but these last few years have been stupid. This is certainly global warming and we really are killing the planet and it'll be our sad legacy

Real Winters on 17:04 - Dec 17 with 1233 viewsCatullus

Real Winters on 16:29 - Dec 17 by onehunglow

I remember the winter of 63 when my dad's building business was shut down for 3 months as the mortar would freeze.Never forgot that.Swansea was always milder than many towns and where we live is protected by mountains to the east and west and has the sea to the north but these last few years have been stupid. This is certainly global warming and we really are killing the planet and it'll be our sad legacy

I'm watching "The Polar Bear family and me" with Gordon Buchanan. At one point they're on a boat in a vast expanse of water, he points and says, normally this water would be covered with ice at this time of year and the camera pans to the horizon. There's a few small ice chunks floating about.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Real Winters on 18:53 - Dec 17 with 1202 viewscontroversial_jack

Real Winters on 17:04 - Dec 17 by Catullus

I'm watching "The Polar Bear family and me" with Gordon Buchanan. At one point they're on a boat in a vast expanse of water, he points and says, normally this water would be covered with ice at this time of year and the camera pans to the horizon. There's a few small ice chunks floating about.

These scientists, filmmakers etc can be very selective with their editing.Polar bears around the arctic are thriving, their numbers are increasing and haven't been so great since the 50s.
Login to get fewer ads

Real Winters on 19:01 - Dec 17 with 1195 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Real Winters on 18:53 - Dec 17 by controversial_jack

These scientists, filmmakers etc can be very selective with their editing.Polar bears around the arctic are thriving, their numbers are increasing and haven't been so great since the 50s.

Just be thankful that we have this nice weather courtesy of the wobbly jet stream.
We could be getting the 30 inches of snow that the north east of the US is getting, or the -30 that Kazakhstan and Central Asia, or the 2 feet of snow in Pakistan, or the record breaking snow in Austria and northern Italy were getting last week.
It is known as weather.
Real Winters on 19:09 - Dec 17 with 1189 viewsmajorraglan

We have had 2 reasonable frosts down here but something is clearly amiss with our weather. We have geraniums still in flower, my parents have California Lilacs in full bloom. It’s crackers.
Real Winters on 19:43 - Dec 17 with 1172 viewsAndy1300

Real Winters on 19:09 - Dec 17 by majorraglan

We have had 2 reasonable frosts down here but something is clearly amiss with our weather. We have geraniums still in flower, my parents have California Lilacs in full bloom. It’s crackers.

The jet stream and the North Atlantic drift govern our climate, it’s called a ‘warm temperate’ climate.

The climate is changing, however, the earth goes through cycles, we are going through a natural cycle.

As for winter, we have only just entered winter, end of Jan beginning of Feb are usually our colder months

Number 1 team in Wales

Real Winters on 19:49 - Dec 17 with 1167 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Real Winters on 19:43 - Dec 17 by Andy1300

The jet stream and the North Atlantic drift govern our climate, it’s called a ‘warm temperate’ climate.

The climate is changing, however, the earth goes through cycles, we are going through a natural cycle.

As for winter, we have only just entered winter, end of Jan beginning of Feb are usually our colder months

It will be interesting to see what happens when the AMO turns negative, coupled with the low Solar output it could get quite cold here.
Real Winters on 20:21 - Dec 17 with 1154 viewsScotia

We've had some quite harsh winters over the last 10 - 15 years. Although quite possibly less than the long term average. We've also had some exceptionally mild ones.

This year, and recent years, alone can't be attributed to climate change alone. This may just be weather. But it is very mild, I may have to mow the lawn in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, I'm not prepared for this thread to degenerate in to the usual nonsense. I'm out, enjoy.
Real Winters on 20:31 - Dec 17 with 1146 viewsSwanjaxs

Never mind Tarquin and Pippa riding in shirt sleeves and jodhpurs, I used to ride my horse over Penlan common in the middle of February, bare chested and no saddle.

Real Winters on 20:32 - Dec 17 with 1146 viewsCatullus

Real Winters on 18:53 - Dec 17 by controversial_jack

Now I didn't say Polar bears are decreasing, merely that the ice is. This year Arctic ice is at it's lowest since 2012 that year being the worst on record.

Polar bears are doing quite well, yes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Real Winters on 20:48 - Dec 17 with 1139 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Real Winters on 20:32 - Dec 17 by Catullus

Now I didn't say Polar bears are decreasing, merely that the ice is. This year Arctic ice is at it's lowest since 2012 that year being the worst on record.

Polar bears are doing quite well, yes.

I suggest that you double check your Arctic Sea Ice data.
Currently it is above 7 previous years and at it's worst comparitive point on day 300 it was above 2 years.

Sorry I am wrong that is World Ice data, not the Arctic.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 20:57]
Real Winters on 20:53 - Dec 17 with 1133 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Real Winters on 20:21 - Dec 17 by Scotia

We've had some quite harsh winters over the last 10 - 15 years. Although quite possibly less than the long term average. We've also had some exceptionally mild ones.

This year, and recent years, alone can't be attributed to climate change alone. This may just be weather. But it is very mild, I may have to mow the lawn in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, I'm not prepared for this thread to degenerate in to the usual nonsense. I'm out, enjoy.

Yes, it is great for it to be a bit warmer, who wants to live in a colder world?
Humans were built for 35C to 40C as in the African plains.
Elsewhere we need shelter & clothes to survive.
Real Winters on 21:00 - Dec 17 with 1127 viewsLohengrin

Real Winters on 20:31 - Dec 17 by Swanjaxs

Never mind Tarquin and Pippa riding in shirt sleeves and jodhpurs, I used to ride my horse over Penlan common in the middle of February, bare chested and no saddle.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Real Winters on 22:28 - Dec 17 with 1070 viewsMrSwerve

Swansea was covered in thick snow ten years ago today funnily enough.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Real Winters on 22:37 - Dec 17 with 1059 viewsMrSwerve

The climate has definitely changed in the last 5-10 years. It tends to feel colder around Feb-April now...almost like winter has shifted later. November for example, feels more like early Autumn now.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Real Winters on 23:28 - Dec 17 with 1029 viewsDJack

Did you enjoy your visits to Wales Mr Putin?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Real Winters on 23:37 - Dec 17 with 1026 viewsKilkennyjack

Respect ✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

Real Winters on 23:42 - Dec 17 with 1025 viewsKeithHaynes

Real Winters on 16:16 - Dec 17 by Swanjaxs

It is indeed, I'm self isolating at the moment, but have been down the back garden in shorts and tee shirt this afternoon for some fresh air.

Self isolation is the new going out.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Real Winters on 08:46 - Dec 18 with 933 viewsonehunglow

Funnily enough ,my old fella used to regularly drive across there and always complained about wild horses and gypsies. He hit one once in his Austin A95 (long time ago)No offence meant and not inferering you or anyone on here being involved in the purveyance of pegs

Real Winters on 08:55 - Dec 18 with 924 viewsSwanjaxs

Real Winters on 08:46 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

Funnily enough ,my old fella used to regularly drive across there and always complained about wild horses and gypsies. He hit one once in his Austin A95 (long time ago)No offence meant and not inferering you or anyone on here being involved in the purveyance of pegs

Did he hit a horse or a gypsy, or a gypsy on a horse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024