Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford & penalties 09:32 - Feb 17 with 2322 viewsSPboy

What’s going on here then ? The Man U of the Championship (except Watford has scored all of theirs). Another pen last night, that’s 10/10 that they have scored this season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-watford/elfmeterstatistik/verein/1010
Watford & penalties on 11:23 - Feb 17 with 2254 viewsNotLoyal

How many have we had ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Watford & penalties on 11:31 - Feb 17 with 2245 views34dfgdf54

Watford & penalties on 11:23 - Feb 17 by NotLoyal

How many have we had ?

1 I believe
Watford & penalties on 11:34 - Feb 17 with 2244 viewsSPboy

We have scored 2/2 from 27 games whereas Watford have scored 10/10 in 30 games. Pretty useful getting a penalty every 3 games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/elfmeterstatistik/verein/2288/relda
Watford & penalties on 12:18 - Feb 17 with 2211 views34dfgdf54

Watford & penalties on 11:34 - Feb 17 by SPboy

We have scored 2/2 from 27 games whereas Watford have scored 10/10 in 30 games. Pretty useful getting a penalty every 3 games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/elfmeterstatistik/verein/2288/relda

One of ours was in the cup aswell weren't it?
Watford & penalties on 12:35 - Feb 17 with 2195 viewspikeypaul

Man utd were quicker than most to get on this "winning soft penalties" tactic probably by about 18 months(38 penalties in just over 2 seasons),others have learnt its much easier to win a soft penalty than to score a regular goal now, there has already been more penalties in the prem this season than the total of last.

In reality its cheating but even with VAR they get away with it most of the time,Maguire tried it on the weekend and after fooling the ref initally he was seen to be diving.

Who knows Watford may may have taken a leave out of man utds book and activly training for these penalties now. Most of the man utds ones are their players iniating the contact it would be interesting to see how watfords are coming about.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 12:38]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Watford & penalties on 13:11 - Feb 17 with 2157 viewsBadlands

Not just they are getting them but also we aren't - the double fouls on Roberts and Morris are good examples.
I haven't seen the Watford penalties but maybe they have players who drive into the penalty area and are more likely to be fouled ... but probably not.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Watford & penalties on 14:47 - Feb 17 with 2106 viewsHighjack

We've never had many penalties. There was a time in the Premier League when it felt like a player would have to be actually killed in the box just for a referee to give one.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Watford & penalties on 17:12 - Feb 17 with 2047 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I haven't actually watched enough of Watford this season to know for sure, but at a guess I'd say its because they play with pacey, tricky wingers like Sarr, who's in truth probably a premier league player. If you run at players, you can draw fouls.

We were awarded 11 league penalties in our promotion season when we had Dyer and Sinclair on either flank and played good free flowing football, for example. We won 8 under Potter, with people like DJ and Celina in the team.

The system and personnel we currently employ just aren't that conducive for winning penalties I'm afraid. With the possible exception of Ayew, who out of our regular starters can you see winning a penalty?
Login to get fewer ads

Watford & penalties on 23:45 - Feb 17 with 1937 viewsKeithHaynes

I think tonight summed up why we don’t get that many penalties.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Watford & penalties on 00:35 - Feb 18 with 1913 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It might have something to do with the fact that very rarely does a Swansea player try and take somebody on in the box.

We don't play with wingers, therefore rarely do we see someone cut inside and drive into the box.

As we saw tonight, the players are instructed to cross.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Watford & penalties on 20:32 - Feb 19 with 1728 views34dfgdf54

Derby just had goal disallowed for nothing. Getting decisions all the time at present.
Watford & penalties on 21:24 - Feb 19 with 1690 viewsmax936

Watford & penalties on 20:32 - Feb 19 by 34dfgdf54

Derby just had goal disallowed for nothing. Getting decisions all the time at present.

Need a win tomorrow with Deeneys mob winning and Brentford shitting their pants lately.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Watford & penalties on 21:42 - Feb 19 with 1669 views34dfgdf54

Watford & penalties on 21:24 - Feb 19 by max936

Need a win tomorrow with Deeneys mob winning and Brentford shitting their pants lately.

Didn’t see anything in Watford.

Point behind them with 3 games in hand we got to be confident about catching them. They have two away games up next aswell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024