Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking on Pavement legislation 09:00 - Apr 27 with 1172 viewsonehunglow

Morning truth seekers.
I see they are now looking at tightening and enforcing parking with wheels half on a footpath.
Great idea in principle but look at any modern housing estate and you ll see if cars and cans were parking on both sides of the road and only on the road,it gives Fire Engines,Bin Wagon and Delivery lorries a real problem.

People might have to use their garages mind instead of converting them or using them to house their car . Trouble with those with SUVs which wont fit into a garage.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Parking on Pavement legislation on 09:19 - Apr 27 with 945 viewscontroversial_jack

Works vans too, many park outside their houses and often encroach on to the pavements to prevent them sticking out on to the road.
Parking on Pavement legislation on 09:32 - Apr 27 with 939 viewsCatullus

It's major issue. Pavements are obstructed but otherwise, as you say, other vehicles just couldn't get through.
When our son was in a parm we often had to go out onto the road because the pavement was blocked.
The obvious answer is make roads wider and/or provide off street parking but that's a bit late for existing streets.
In our last house we had a garage and enough space on the drive for 2 cars too. The whole estate is like that, plenty of parking yet people were too lazy to put their cars on the drive and would jusrt drive up on the pavement outside the house.

I've seen on the news in the past, ambulances and fire engines not be able to get access and sometimes when they are on a call people park blocking them in or blocking the doors. People are so selfish and stupid.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Parking on Pavement legislation on 10:40 - Apr 27 with 917 viewsbuilthjack

RT will sort it with his new metro system in South, Mid, and North Wales. People wont need so many cars. So he says.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Parking on Pavement legislation on 13:48 - Apr 27 with 881 viewsCatullus

Parking on Pavement legislation on 10:40 - Apr 27 by builthjack

RT will sort it with his new metro system in South, Mid, and North Wales. People wont need so many cars. So he says.

Yeah, more promises from a politician that we know won't be kept.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Parking on Pavement legislation on 13:52 - Apr 27 with 877 viewsonehunglow

It is a huge issue.If everyone simply parks nearside to kerb regardless of the width of the road then they will be chaos.

This is ground breaking stuff that people have missed but of enforced will affect most if not all vehicle owners.

Fire engines will make to a location whatever is in their way and rightly so.

Parking on Pavement legislation on 14:24 - Apr 27 with 861 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It will just become another cash cow for the police and councils.
It is a major problem and there are no simple answers that do not have serious consequences, especally regarding large vehicles, delays that could kill people in the case of emergency vehicles.
In our street many people park outside when they have drives to park on, most of the drives are a bit narrow for parking cars side by side and getting in and out of.
Another problem is large trees and bushes encroaching on to the path making them even narrower.
Parking on Pavement legislation on 14:37 - Apr 27 with 857 viewsCountyJim

People are selfish they buy these big American type Jeeps who the fec needs one of them unless you live on a farm I've asked people who own them why would you want one ? Because I like sitting higher looking at the road . FFS buy a lorry then

We got a blind man living not far from us and it confuses his guide dog the cars/vans parked on pavements

Selfish chunts
Parking on Pavement legislation on 16:02 - Apr 27 with 829 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking on Pavement legislation on 14:37 - Apr 27 by CountyJim

People are selfish they buy these big American type Jeeps who the fec needs one of them unless you live on a farm I've asked people who own them why would you want one ? Because I like sitting higher looking at the road . FFS buy a lorry then

We got a blind man living not far from us and it confuses his guide dog the cars/vans parked on pavements

Selfish chunts

Many have them to tow caravans with
Login to get fewer ads

Parking on Pavement legislation on 16:17 - Apr 27 with 829 viewsJack123

Parking is pretty hard in most places in Swansea.

Many roads I know of, if the drivers were to bring their cars off the pavement, you would not get a car through, let alone a fire engine!

The only way i could see this legislation being legal, if it was deemed there was enough room to park both sides of road and safety allow fire engines, bin wagons through, as in no need to park on pavement.

This seems like one big pee take, when they have let us down so bad with transport infrastructure, and pretty much a nightmare to use public transport, even for a straightforward route like just going to the city centre.

libera nos a malo

Parking on Pavement legislation on 17:59 - Apr 27 with 789 viewsCatullus

Parking on Pavement legislation on 16:02 - Apr 27 by controversial_jack

Many have them to tow caravans with

Well the caravan owners have them for that, what about all th others? There are a lot of SUV/JEEP/RangeRover etc out there. They are a fashion statement for people with big ego's and they usually can't drive very well either.

CJ, I prefer a high driving position after years of driving vans in work, it is easier to see ahead and judge the road. However, when we changed car last year (I needed an automatic because of my knackered left leg) I went for a Corsa. We didn't need a large car and parking by us is always tight so I went smaller than our Focus estate.

If they really do enforce this there are going to be millions of tickets handed out every week. Traffic wardens and enforcement vehicles will have afield day around schools too.

Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:26 - Apr 27 with 772 viewsFlashberryjack

A lot of people park on the road outside their houses, leaving their driveway clear for visitors, does my head in.

IMO commercial vehicles should be parked in the companies depot, or a designated parking area.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:37 - Apr 27 with 764 viewsonehunglow

Talking about caravans.Nothing illegal about planting a twenty feet caravan on the nearside of a public highway .Someone opposite also has one and you have a blocked road.

Where do you park Jim?

By parking nearside wheels on pavement means vehicles can pass.

Parking on Pavement legislation on 20:21 - Apr 27 with 744 viewsFlashberryjack

Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:37 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Talking about caravans.Nothing illegal about planting a twenty feet caravan on the nearside of a public highway .Someone opposite also has one and you have a blocked road.

Where do you park Jim?

Parked caravans (unattached to a towing vehicle) must be lit at night to indicate their presence if they are over the size limit set out in law and must not be a danger to other vehicles or cause an obstruction

Plenty of other local council bye laws and regulations to adhere to.

Hello

Parking on Pavement legislation on 20:44 - Apr 27 with 732 viewsonehunglow

Parking on Pavement legislation on 20:21 - Apr 27 by Flashberryjack

Parked caravans (unattached to a towing vehicle) must be lit at night to indicate their presence if they are over the size limit set out in law and must not be a danger to other vehicles or cause an obstruction

Plenty of other local council bye laws and regulations to adhere to.

I know but they ARE allowed.

How about a RV?

Parking on Pavement legislation on 17:19 - Apr 28 with 685 viewsCountyJim

Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:37 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Where do you park Jim?

I paid to have a drive to fit mine and wife's car it cost me 5k but money well spent
Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:03 - Apr 28 with 655 viewsbuilthjack

Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:26 - Apr 27 by Flashberryjack

A lot of people park on the road outside their houses, leaving their driveway clear for visitors, does my head in.

IMO commercial vehicles should be parked in the companies depot, or a designated parking area.

But there are an awful lot of self employed who operate from home. Builders etc.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:42 - Apr 28 with 642 viewsFlashberryjack

Parking on Pavement legislation on 19:03 - Apr 28 by builthjack

But there are an awful lot of self employed who operate from home. Builders etc.

That's a big part of the residential parking problem, Works van + family car and probably at least another car for one of the children.

Hello

Parking on Pavement legislation on 20:23 - Apr 28 with 635 viewsonehunglow

Parking on Pavement legislation on 17:19 - Apr 28 by CountyJim

I paid to have a drive to fit mine and wife's car it cost me 5k but money well spent

and what about those who live in a narrow valley town?

Parking on Pavement legislation on 20:34 - Apr 28 with 631 viewsBoundy

Parking on Pavement legislation on 17:59 - Apr 27 by Catullus

Well the caravan owners have them for that, what about all th others? There are a lot of SUV/JEEP/RangeRover etc out there. They are a fashion statement for people with big ego's and they usually can't drive very well either.

CJ, I prefer a high driving position after years of driving vans in work, it is easier to see ahead and judge the road. However, when we changed car last year (I needed an automatic because of my knackered left leg) I went for a Corsa. We didn't need a large car and parking by us is always tight so I went smaller than our Focus estate.

If they really do enforce this there are going to be millions of tickets handed out every week. Traffic wardens and enforcement vehicles will have afield day around schools too.

I have a company supplied 4 x 4 for work purposes. far too big imo, all body no substance .I blame the manufacturers for designing vehicles which have out grown the road network not only in volume but size. I also drive an late eighties car for pleasure ( very little of that days when driving but I try) , but my car back in the day was classed as medium sized now it looks small next to the new "mini" . Most cars these days are not designed for the size of the roads and with the popularity of SUVs this has increased the problem. If there is to be a purge where are all these cars going to park , in my road for example most properties have at least two if not three vehicles with no options available to park elsewhere.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Parking on Pavement legislation on 20:39 - Apr 28 with 627 viewsonehunglow

Parking on Pavement legislation on 20:34 - Apr 28 by Boundy

I have a company supplied 4 x 4 for work purposes. far too big imo, all body no substance .I blame the manufacturers for designing vehicles which have out grown the road network not only in volume but size. I also drive an late eighties car for pleasure ( very little of that days when driving but I try) , but my car back in the day was classed as medium sized now it looks small next to the new "mini" . Most cars these days are not designed for the size of the roads and with the popularity of SUVs this has increased the problem. If there is to be a purge where are all these cars going to park , in my road for example most properties have at least two if not three vehicles with no options available to park elsewhere.

...which is the point I am making boundy.Any cursory loook outside from any poster will see a street full of parked cars.it's not that easy to bin cars .

Again,much hypocrisy and self aggrandizing in evidence.

Parking on Pavement legislation on 12:56 - Apr 29 with 583 viewshowenjack

Just read that there are 7000 new houses planned for North west Cardiff , outside Swansea area admittedly but it seems the roads are gong to be even more clogged than before , Crazy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9523045/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Farm
Parking on Pavement legislation on 13:35 - Apr 29 with 570 viewsonehunglow

Parking on Pavement legislation on 12:56 - Apr 29 by howenjack

Just read that there are 7000 new houses planned for North west Cardiff , outside Swansea area admittedly but it seems the roads are gong to be even more clogged than before , Crazy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9523045/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Farm

and guaranteed a garage/ that wont be used so vehicles left on the road.
Can you see the thunder

Parking on Pavement legislation on 14:38 - Apr 29 with 563 viewsBoundy

Parking on Pavement legislation on 13:35 - Apr 29 by onehunglow

and guaranteed a garage/ that wont be used so vehicles left on the road.
Can you see the thunder

The garage won't be used because it won't be big enough unless you have a sun roof to access and egress

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Parking on Pavement legislation on 15:00 - Apr 29 with 560 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is not just "sitting higher on the road".
They feel safer in them and they have a good point, you do not want to be in a small mini sized car when you get squashed between a van & a lorry, 2 vans or 2 lorrys.
Even in large cars survivability in those kind of crashes is still based on your luck.
Parking on Pavement legislation on 16:53 - Apr 29 with 539 viewsonehunglow

Next step to ban all SUV s as they are too tall and can’t fit into the average sized garage.

Anyone seeing the light yet ...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024