Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 12:55 - May 20 with 1550 viewsSwansIndependent

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 20th May 2021 12:52
News today links the investment interests of Steve Kaplan to Inter Milan and a huge financing package for the club for the new season. To update our readers on swans co majority owner Kaplan ( with Jason Levien ) who stepped down as a director in October last year - our article today is extremely revealing. Kaplan and his continued investments and interests are varied and display quite a CV. We have put together an interesting tour of how in eight years his successful financial profile has increased twenty fold. 1

Click above for a revealing article on Kaplan in 2021.
Click below to subscribe to us on Twitter.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 13:12 - May 20 with 1486 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yes I saw this. Oaktree like to invest in distressed assets and will buy in at low prices and sell at high prices. I hope to see some synergies with DC amd Inter Milan. Watford have had some suchess by bringing in highly talented player on loan for Udinese and asociating with the like of Guidolin.

I wonder how much Kaplan is involved? He has pulled back but still calls the shots for Swansea. I read he has retired from Oaktree though. Perhaps he is still a major shareholder but no longer does a 9 to 5.

Synergies are vital to Swansea to give the an edge. Brentford and Watford have done this better than Swansea. Both Woodman and Guehi have seen the value go up 10 time wearing a Swansea shirt.

It all about networking. Swansea should also have Guidolin as a usefull allay.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:53 - May 20 with 1375 views34dfgdf54

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 13:12 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes I saw this. Oaktree like to invest in distressed assets and will buy in at low prices and sell at high prices. I hope to see some synergies with DC amd Inter Milan. Watford have had some suchess by bringing in highly talented player on loan for Udinese and asociating with the like of Guidolin.

I wonder how much Kaplan is involved? He has pulled back but still calls the shots for Swansea. I read he has retired from Oaktree though. Perhaps he is still a major shareholder but no longer does a 9 to 5.

Synergies are vital to Swansea to give the an edge. Brentford and Watford have done this better than Swansea. Both Woodman and Guehi have seen the value go up 10 time wearing a Swansea shirt.

I can't see Guidolin having much interest in helping us out though to be honest.
Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 15:53 - May 20 with 1291 viewsKeithHaynes

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 13:12 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

His linked businesses as the founding member of Oaktree are very functional with the company. Not dissimilar to him standing own as a director at the Liberty but of course not leaving at all. Ain’t fooling no one.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 20:07 - May 20 with 1177 viewsCatullus

If his business model turns out to be good for us then who'd complain? I'm sure would mind you, you can't please all the jacks all of the time!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 20:14 - May 20 with 1168 viewsReslovenSwan1

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 20:07 - May 20 by Catullus

If his business model turns out to be good for us then who'd complain? I'm sure would mind you, you can't please all the jacks all of the time!

The SCST are not very shrewd. If they want £40m in the bank they should stick with enterpreneurs and shrewd business people not ambulance chasers looking for 40% of all they own.

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 20:35 - May 20 with 1135 viewsChief

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 20:14 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

The SCST are not very shrewd. If they want £40m in the bank they should stick with enterpreneurs and shrewd business people not ambulance chasers looking for 40% of all they own.

Whey!!!

There it is..

House!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 21:16 - May 20 with 1099 viewsDr_Winston

Given that it's public knowledge that Kaplan fronted up much of the purchase price on his own, I would imagine his net worth is far North of $65m. Two of the people he co-founded Oaktree with (including the mentioned Howard Marks) are both multi-Billionaires.

Not that it matters much mind.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 21:24 - May 20 with 1079 viewsKeithHaynes

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 21:16 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Given that it's public knowledge that Kaplan fronted up much of the purchase price on his own, I would imagine his net worth is far North of $65m. Two of the people he co-founded Oaktree with (including the mentioned Howard Marks) are both multi-Billionaires.

Not that it matters much mind.

Any accountants on here 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:00 - May 21 with 916 viewsReslovenSwan1

The issue for the SCST is that they feel they were sidelined out of a sale in 2016.

In my many debates with "The Chief" a Trust sympathiser his concerns relate not simply to the money but the actual chance of being able to sell shares. The SCST fear being unable to find a buyer.

Based on this logic they have therefore gone to legal advice to "force a sale" (after relegation) incurring huge third party fees and commisions.

It is clear from this thread that Kaplan not only has a lot of money but excellent contacts globally. Billionaires that he buys from and sells to. The Oaktree organisation worth millions is actually involved. It has control over a whopping £350 BILLION but that is other investors money. They could direct them to Swansea city of course and stick Oaktree on the shirt £5m and name the stadium the Oaktree stadium £10m .

Clealry if the SCST wish to sell their share for top dollar good relations with Kaplan are essential. It could be worth an extra £30m. Get networking and learn from these guys. They are effectively your friends and business partners. THe SCST and Uncle Sam want to sell the club for £200m. A sniffy attitude to them is bonkers.

Do not go to court go for a curry and a pint.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 14:07]

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:10 - May 21 with 884 viewsonehunglow

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:00 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The issue for the SCST is that they feel they were sidelined out of a sale in 2016.

In my many debates with "The Chief" a Trust sympathiser his concerns relate not simply to the money but the actual chance of being able to sell shares. The SCST fear being unable to find a buyer.

Based on this logic they have therefore gone to legal advice to "force a sale" (after relegation) incurring huge third party fees and commisions.

It is clear from this thread that Kaplan not only has a lot of money but excellent contacts globally. Billionaires that he buys from and sells to. The Oaktree organisation worth millions is actually involved. It has control over a whopping £350 BILLION but that is other investors money. They could direct them to Swansea city of course and stick Oaktree on the shirt £5m and name the stadium the Oaktree stadium £10m .

Clealry if the SCST wish to sell their share for top dollar good relations with Kaplan are essential. It could be worth an extra £30m. Get networking and learn from these guys. They are effectively your friends and business partners. THe SCST and Uncle Sam want to sell the club for £200m. A sniffy attitude to them is bonkers.

I am so utterly in the middle of all this but reading that R makes me feel better-until such time,of course when the other view is put forward.
I am a simple guy as are most fans and Im sure most of us know feck all about what lies behind this all.

Right now though,I see no reason whatsoever for any court action as it wont IMO help the Club.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:53 - May 21 with 881 viewsChief

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:00 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Nothing for a while, then suddenly (even though there's no direct fresh news) there's a slew of posts on various threads which you for some reason feel compelled to tenuously link to the Supporters Trust and or legal action, almost word for word repeating posts you've already posted.

Its bizarre.

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 17:11 - May 21 with 828 viewsReslovenSwan1

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:53 - May 21 by Chief

Nothing for a while, then suddenly (even though there's no direct fresh news) there's a slew of posts on various threads which you for some reason feel compelled to tenuously link to the Supporters Trust and or legal action, almost word for word repeating posts you've already posted.

Its bizarre.

The company owned by Steve Kaplan is on the verge of buying 30% of Inter Milan with a $250,000,000 refinancing deal. He is in dispute with the SCST. It is bizarre you cannot see the link. They summoned him to Swansea and refused to speak to his trusted leautenants in mediation.

I am suggesting that if the SCST want to make decent money from selling some or all of their shares it would be wise to be on good terms with this guy as he has very good contacts and access to billions of investment funds. (as outline in the thread) . There is good reason to believe he wants good relations with the fans and might like to see them at Wembley (all being well) .

Its called networking and working for mutual benefit. The SCST have come up well short but have an opportunity to ditch the losers from the previous regime and make a fresh start.

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 17:34 - May 21 with 809 viewsChief

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 17:11 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The company owned by Steve Kaplan is on the verge of buying 30% of Inter Milan with a $250,000,000 refinancing deal. He is in dispute with the SCST. It is bizarre you cannot see the link. They summoned him to Swansea and refused to speak to his trusted leautenants in mediation.

I am suggesting that if the SCST want to make decent money from selling some or all of their shares it would be wise to be on good terms with this guy as he has very good contacts and access to billions of investment funds. (as outline in the thread) . There is good reason to believe he wants good relations with the fans and might like to see them at Wembley (all being well) .

Its called networking and working for mutual benefit. The SCST have come up well short but have an opportunity to ditch the losers from the previous regime and make a fresh start.

What link?

Is it news that Kaplan is a wealthy guy? No.

Is it news that the trust are taking legal action that could result in the sale of their shares? No.

Yet Kaplan and his network of wealthy mates have shown no interest in buying the trust's shares.

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 17:58 - May 21 with 794 viewsmax936

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 17:34 - May 21 by Chief

What link?

Is it news that the trust are taking legal action that could result in the sale of their shares? No.

Yet Kaplan and his network of wealthy mates have shown no interest in buying the trust's shares.

Patience of a saint you must have Chief fair do's.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 17:58]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 18:58 - May 21 with 760 viewsReslovenSwan1

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 17:34 - May 21 by Chief

What link?

The link is made in the headline banner.

"Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021" delivered by the patron of this excellent forum. SCST want to sell their shares dont they? Or is their aim to enrich their third party associates?

Another day I have to answer your questions. There are some sublties you may have missed. Kaplan investment in Swansea is his personal investment. This is not.

Is this different? Yes it is as the Inter Investment is by his firm Oaktree not him. While Kaplan is worth perhaps $100m his Oaktree Capital controls assets of $350 Billion according to Mr Haynes which is an extraordinarily large number.

This is the funds they manage not their money.

I continue to argue a point you simply do not understand. If you want to sell something you put it up for sales and wait for offers. It is wise once you find a potenial buyer to show them respect and develop a good and trusting relationship. SCST are doing the reverse.

A buyer for SCST shares is likely to come from Kaplan and his contracts book. SCST people sit with his people every board meeting. Has that joined up the dots for you?

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 19:00 - May 21 with 760 viewsChief

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 18:58 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The link is made in the headline banner.

"Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021" delivered by the patron of this excellent forum. SCST want to sell their shares dont they? Or is their aim to enrich their third party associates?

Another day I have to answer your questions. There are some sublties you may have missed. Kaplan investment in Swansea is his personal investment. This is not.

Is this different? Yes it is as the Inter Investment is by his firm Oaktree not him. While Kaplan is worth perhaps $100m his Oaktree Capital controls assets of $350 Billion according to Mr Haynes which is an extraordinarily large number.

This is the funds they manage not their money.

I continue to argue a point you simply do not understand. If you want to sell something you put it up for sales and wait for offers. It is wise once you find a potenial buyer to show them respect and develop a good and trusting relationship. SCST are doing the reverse.

A buyer for SCST shares is likely to come from Kaplan and his contracts book. SCST people sit with his people every board meeting. Has that joined up the dots for you?

You don't have to answer my questions at all.

You regularly don't actually.

See my previous post - addresses everything in this post of yours.

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 19:15 - May 21 with 753 viewsReslovenSwan1

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 19:00 - May 21 by Chief

You don't have to answer my questions at all.

You regularly don't actually.

See my previous post - addresses everything in this post of yours.

You answered you own questions what do you need me for? You declared the thread was waste of time with nothing new in realtion to the SCST.

I explained why this thread was relevant to the SCST and this investment is different to the Swansea investment as it is through the Oaktree group part owned by Kaplan and they have huge fuds under management and are shopping. I just checked $175 billion.

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 19:22 - May 21 with 751 viewsChief

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 19:15 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

You answered you own questions what do you need me for? You declared the thread was waste of time with nothing new in realtion to the SCST.

I explained why this thread was relevant to the SCST and this investment is different to the Swansea investment as it is through the Oaktree group part owned by Kaplan and they have huge fuds under management and are shopping. I just checked $175 billion.

Indeed and I've already correctly pointed out Kaplan has rich mates who've got no interest in purchasing the trust's shares which they've been aware of for years.

Not a lot else to say Resolven.

Enjoy the Friday night tempest in your cabin

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 23:07 - May 21 with 690 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans are demanding investment. They have a good idea. Pick a fight with a man that controls investment money amounting to £150,000,000,000. He sat at the same board meetings with the Trust's director whos name I forgot. Lovely fella by all accounts.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 23:30]

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 23:33 - May 21 with 673 viewsChief

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 23:07 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Fans are demanding investment. They have a good idea. Pick a fight with a man that controls investment money amounting to £150,000,000,000. He sat at the same board meetings with the Trust's director whos name I forgot. Lovely fella by all accounts.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 23:30]

Haha who picked a fight with who exactly!?

And of course, as you haven't denied Kaplan hasn't recently come into money or suddenly gained rich friends. And yet astonishingly according to your logic there's been no bid.

Proof is in the pudding.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 23:35]

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 14:40 - May 22 with 593 viewsReslovenSwan1

Inter Milan & Swansea City investment links in 2021 on 23:33 - May 21 by Chief

Haha who picked a fight with who exactly!?

And of course, as you haven't denied Kaplan hasn't recently come into money or suddenly gained rich friends. And yet astonishingly according to your logic there's been no bid.

Proof is in the pudding.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 23:35]

Are the Trusts shares up for sale?. If so at what price?. They spent 4 month talking and got nowhere for the 2016 price. The SCST did not agree the terms offer to the other shareholder.

I f the SCST want investment or him to buy their shares then they should treat Kaplan properly and in a friendly and respectfull manner. He controls $150,000,000,000 of investment funds. If not, they can get lost and sell their holding themselves like every body else. Try an advert in the Washington Post or South China Sea Times.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 23:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024