Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England have not left North London 09:18 - Jun 30 with 1435 viewstrampie

England have not left North London and are due to play 6 out of 7 games at home, Wales have been all over Asia and Europe, this tournament is criminally unfair the way it's skewed towards some teams over other teams particularly in Englands favour.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

England have not left North London on 09:23 - Jun 30 with 1028 viewsonehunglow

Jesus just left Chicago

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

England have not left North London on 10:07 - Jun 30 with 999 viewsraynor94

It makes my day my xenophobic friend how much it's killing you.

"I'd love it, just love it".......

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England have not left North London on 10:14 - Jun 30 with 988 viewsBadlands

Designed to keep their hooligans out of Europe.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

England have not left North London on 10:17 - Jun 30 with 977 viewsonehunglow

England have not left North London on 10:07 - Jun 30 by raynor94

It makes my day my xenophobic friend how much it's killing you.

"I'd love it, just love it".......

Are we alone Ray?
Are we the only objective Jacks around?

What is going on down there.

Builder to my wifey this morning

"see the game luv" (term of affection here"

"Saw second half"

"Great wasnt it"

"Not bothered really Joe,are you -really."..

So proud of the girl

England have not left North London on 10:20 - Jun 30 with 976 viewstrampie

I was nodding with self satisfaction when Sterling scored, I'm leading my works fantasy football, I have Sterling, if England had been knocked out I would have to have subbed out Sterling, Kane and a defender with not that many games to go and not that many transfers left, England winning is possibly, dare I say probably the difference between me winning a good three figures or being down to the tune of my entry fee.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

England have not left North London on 10:25 - Jun 30 with 958 viewsonehunglow

England have not left North London on 10:20 - Jun 30 by trampie

I was nodding with self satisfaction when Sterling scored, I'm leading my works fantasy football, I have Sterling, if England had been knocked out I would have to have subbed out Sterling, Kane and a defender with not that many games to go and not that many transfers left, England winning is possibly, dare I say probably the difference between me winning a good three figures or being down to the tune of my entry fee.

I have fantasies but most involve Carol Kirkwood and Owain Wyn Evans

England have not left North London on 10:26 - Jun 30 with 959 viewsfelixstowe_jack

England are playing at home as they were chosen as the main host of the euros with both semi finals and final at Wembley. Wales were unsuccessful in their bid to host games due to lack of large football stadiums.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

England have not left North London on 10:41 - Jun 30 with 941 viewsonehunglow

England have not left North London on 10:26 - Jun 30 by felixstowe_jack

England are playing at home as they were chosen as the main host of the euros with both semi finals and final at Wembley. Wales were unsuccessful in their bid to host games due to lack of large football stadiums.

Should have had one though Felix, no doubt about that .I d like to think FAW were not in some way culpable as their history isn’t inspiring exactly

Login to get fewer ads

England have not left North London on 10:57 - Jun 30 with 923 viewstrampie

Wales national stadium is arguably the best stadium in the World as it's city centre location is fantastic, I'm aware of car parking, conference facilities etc that FIFA, UEFA might sight but it's a top notch place that could have been given the Euro final, it did hold a very successful Champions League final between two of the biggest teams in Europe and both sets of fans thought it was great, English fans of their big teams that visited for FA cup finals a few years ago thought it was great as well.

England have not left North London on 11:07 - Jun 30 with 918 viewsonehunglow

England have not left North London on 10:57 - Jun 30 by trampie

Wales national stadium is arguably the best stadium in the World as it's city centre location is fantastic, I'm aware of car parking, conference facilities etc that FIFA, UEFA might sight but it's a top notch place that could have been given the Euro final, it did hold a very successful Champions League final between two of the biggest teams in Europe and both sets of fans thought it was great, English fans of their big teams that visited for FA cup finals a few years ago thought it was great as well.

Forget about England .

I really do not see how Cardiff could have been ignored.

Speak to any Kiwi,Aussie or Bokke about Cardiff as a venue.

England have not left North London on 12:11 - Jun 30 with 897 viewsKeithHaynes

England have not left North London on 11:07 - Jun 30 by onehunglow

Forget about England .

I really do not see how Cardiff could have been ignored.

Speak to any Kiwi,Aussie or Bokke about Cardiff as a venue.

We did a story on the politics of the selection of stadiums with the FAW stating it was let’s say “ a learning curve in political gamesmanship” we weren’t even selected the second time and then when Dublin fell through the third time. It’s all about £ and what you can give the officials, who shouldn’t be in the country at all. That’s probably another reason the differing rules between Wales and England and the English being more pliable to pressure than Drakeford.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

England have not left North London on 12:12 - Jun 30 with 897 viewsSkipTheJack

UEFA have managed to devise a format that gives all the biggest nations in Europe home advantage to the later stages. They were never going to pick the Millennium Stadium as a host venue because Wales doesn't have a big enough TV audience (or enough Azeri oil dollars) to justify that.
England have not left North London on 13:39 - Jun 30 with 848 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I heard a rumour that as hosts of the upcoming 2022 World Cup, Qatar will be able to play all their matches at home. I'll be writing to FIFA to protest that this tournament is criminally unfair the way it is skewed towards Qatar.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

England have not left North London on 13:52 - Jun 30 with 832 viewsTenbySwan

The irony of England fans singing 'Don't Take Me Home' last night !

They now have to play Ukraine who lost to Austria and Netherlands in the group and somehow managed to beat North Macedonia 2-1 to qualify for the last 16 !
England have not left North London on 14:01 - Jun 30 with 815 viewsCatullus

It's been unfai to several teams while the big teams have obviously benefitted. Blame UEFA though, not the English.

Didn't we see a thread on here blaming leaving the EU for harsh treatment of Wales/Welsh fans, how does that match up with Scotland and Englands home games? If there was a punishment for leaving wouldn't UEFA have made life harder for England too? Yet they have mostly home games and are in the easy half of the draw.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

England have not left North London on 14:05 - Jun 30 with 803 viewsjack247

England have not left North London on 10:26 - Jun 30 by felixstowe_jack

That shouldn’t have been the case though. The ethos of this tournament was to spread the tournament around Europe.

England, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Netherlands have all got the capacity to host tournaments on their own and all have done in the past.

Like Azerbaijan, Denmark, Romania, Wales will never get that chance. We’ve got a world class stadium. Cardiff should absolutely have been a host city.

England are only using one stadium, so are all the other countries. Lack of large football stadiums is not a valid reason in this particular tournament.
England have not left North London on 14:53 - Jun 30 with 797 viewsonehunglow

England have not left North London on 12:11 - Jun 30 by KeithHaynes

We did a story on the politics of the selection of stadiums with the FAW stating it was let’s say “ a learning curve in political gamesmanship” we weren’t even selected the second time and then when Dublin fell through the third time. It’s all about £ and what you can give the officials, who shouldn’t be in the country at all. That’s probably another reason the differing rules between Wales and England and the English being more pliable to pressure than Drakeford.

Thanks for that reply.

England have not left North London on 17:16 - Jun 30 with 755 viewsCatullus

What role did Drakers and Bojo play when this format was devised though? Were they involved at all in the FA's proposal? I know Bojo was involved later on because of the pandemic.

I think the format is completely flawed because it obviously favours teams who can play at home and (in current circumstances) have in excess of 20k fans when some teams can only get 100's. Look at Hungary, they've held games with full capacity when Wembley hasn't even had 50% yet, which is still a far bigger advantage than what Wales has been allowed.

The UK could easily host a tournament but will a combined bid happen from here? Would the devolved governments agree on it? Would UEFA ever go for it? Too much politics involved probably. We have plenty of world class stadia in the UK though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

England have not left North London on 17:34 - Jun 30 with 748 viewsdobjack2

England have not left North London on 17:16 - Jun 30 by Catullus

What role did Drakers and Bojo play when this format was devised though? Were they involved at all in the FA's proposal? I know Bojo was involved later on because of the pandemic.

I think the format is completely flawed because it obviously favours teams who can play at home and (in current circumstances) have in excess of 20k fans when some teams can only get 100's. Look at Hungary, they've held games with full capacity when Wembley hasn't even had 50% yet, which is still a far bigger advantage than what Wales has been allowed.

The UK could easily host a tournament but will a combined bid happen from here? Would the devolved governments agree on it? Would UEFA ever go for it? Too much politics involved probably. We have plenty of world class stadia in the UK though.

We wouldn’t provide enough in the goodie bags for the people who vote on these things and their entourage
England have not left North London on 18:07 - Jun 30 with 725 viewsjack247

So essentially it’s a corruption issue and England get 6 out of 7 games at Wembley?
England have not left North London on 19:31 - Jun 30 with 704 views73__73

England have not left North London on 10:20 - Jun 30 by trampie

You really work ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

England have not left North London on 19:33 - Jun 30 with 703 views73__73

Wembley is the most iconic football stadium in the world. It also the home to the English football team, the country that gave the world football.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

England have not left North London on 19:44 - Jun 30 with 681 viewsjack247

England have not left North London on 19:33 - Jun 30 by 73__73

Wembley is the most iconic football stadium in the world. It also the home to the English football team, the country that gave the world football.

It is. And they’ve had a World Cup and a European championship. They’ve had olympics.

The idea of this tournament was to spread it around Europe. All other things being equal, which they obviously weren’t, Wales and ROI should have had games, as should other countries with large national stadiums, but not enough stadiums to host a tournament themselves.

The bigger countries shouldn’t have been hosting IMO.
England have not left North London on 19:46 - Jun 30 with 685 viewstrampie

England have not left North London on 19:33 - Jun 30 by 73__73

Iconic does not equate to best, the girl on the tennis poster scratching her bum would not have beaten a top pro tennis player.

England have not left North London on 19:49 - Jun 30 with 683 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"Wales national stadium is arguably the best stadium in the World"

If that is the case, why do the national team no longer use it?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024