Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City 09:00 - Jun 27 with 1563 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City 27th Jun 2021 09:00
For two seasons Steve Cooper has led Swansea City fairly, and at times stylishly in the Championship. Two fails in the play offs haven’t really overshadowed his career to date, as it seems either Fulham or Crystal Palace will head hunt his services. 2

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 09:19 - Jun 27 with 1494 viewsThornburyswan

Left field suggestion Shaun Maloney - current coach with Martinez in the Belgium set-up after a couple of years coaching at Celtic.

No link to us that I know of but you never know . . . .
Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 09:33 - Jun 27 with 1457 viewsHeadmaster

Said it a couple of times - I think Diego Martinez could be an interesting option. In my humble, unqualified opinion.

Good coaching experience for a young manager, he's only 40 years old. Mix of youth and first team. Led Granada to La Liga. Out of work at the moment too.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 9:33]
Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 10:15 - Jun 27 with 1349 viewsKeithHaynes

The boy Cornish knows his pasties, that Levien Harris link is a decent shout.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 10:42 - Jun 27 with 1272 viewsAndyCole

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 10:15 - Jun 27 by KeithHaynes

The boy Cornish knows his pasties, that Levien Harris link is a decent shout.

Proper deep insight, which is why this forum is unrivalled.

Keith - is there a poll for who we WANT as manager for next season ? Maybe coupled with the key Selection Criteria ?

Could make for interesting debate and insight. Could be enlightening.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 10:57 - Jun 27 with 1216 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 10:42 - Jun 27 by AndyCole

Proper deep insight, which is why this forum is unrivalled.

Keith - is there a poll for who we WANT as manager for next season ? Maybe coupled with the key Selection Criteria ?

Could make for interesting debate and insight. Could be enlightening.

Now pasties .
Are they the new Pies

I hate them. Puff pastry is just that.

Croissants or Pain de Chocolat for breakfast.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 10:59 - Jun 27 with 1223 viewsCatullus

Appleton still sounds a good shout to me, had Lincoln playing some good stuff from my liited views of them.

Swansea are a stepping stone club for managers as well as players, young, ambitious managers/coaches can find a home here and they won't be stopped from leaving if it earns us a few shekels.

I think it'd be better if we didn't rely so heavily on loanees though. Whoever our next manager is they need to back him a bit more. I don't mean spend massive amounts because we obviously can't afford it but just spend a bit more than we have on buying rather than loan fees.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 11:18 - Jun 27 with 1164 viewsonehunglow

Again.Top posting. When you have loans,you are always vulnerable

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 12:04 - Jun 27 with 1069 viewspencoedjack

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 10:59 - Jun 27 by Catullus

Appleton still sounds a good shout to me, had Lincoln playing some good stuff from my liited views of them.

Swansea are a stepping stone club for managers as well as players, young, ambitious managers/coaches can find a home here and they won't be stopped from leaving if it earns us a few shekels.

I think it'd be better if we didn't rely so heavily on loanees though. Whoever our next manager is they need to back him a bit more. I don't mean spend massive amounts because we obviously can't afford it but just spend a bit more than we have on buying rather than loan fees.

I agree with both Appleton & the philosophy moving forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:33 - Jun 27 with 894 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 12:04 - Jun 27 by pencoedjack

I agree with both Appleton & the philosophy moving forward.

Well the Club took a massive gamble on appointing Cooper in the first place , at least Appleton has experience at managing grown men so why not .Coopers way is not the Swansea way and despite two years in post I can't see that changing

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:54 - Jun 27 with 856 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:33 - Jun 27 by Boundy

Well the Club took a massive gamble on appointing Cooper in the first place , at least Appleton has experience at managing grown men so why not .Coopers way is not the Swansea way and despite two years in post I can't see that changing

Palace fans are absolutely up in arms today on social media, they really don’t want him.

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:57 - Jun 27 with 843 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:54 - Jun 27 by KeithHaynes

Palace fans are absolutely up in arms today on social media, they really don’t want him.

Maybe they've had a look on here?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:59 - Jun 27 with 839 viewsQJumpingJack

Didn't Appleton turn down WBA recently so I am not sure if/why he would want to come to Swansea?
Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:00 - Jun 27 with 834 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:54 - Jun 27 by KeithHaynes

Fulham fans not keen either.

Seems he is not wanted anywhere really including us after the way he and his agents have carried on the last month.

If he does stay with us,not done himself any favours with our fans and it wont end well hopefully we will get compo soon.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 16:06]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:10 - Jun 27 with 795 viewsonehunglow

Couldn't we do what some suggest we already have dine and have a hate campaign against Steve.#
Whatever it takes to remove this guy who is now starting to cause us damage.

He is utterly uncommitted to our club and should off asap.

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:18 - Jun 27 with 781 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:10 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Couldn't we do what some suggest we already have dine and have a hate campaign against Steve.#

No hate,purely football matey 😉

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:20 - Jun 27 with 773 viewsguthrieintherain

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:10 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

No brinkmanship is the way forward we are not in a position to turn our noses up at say 2 million compensation.

Plus what it would cost to sack him but some would argue his behaviour deserves constructive dismissal.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:26 - Jun 27 with 754 viewsAndyCole

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 15:57 - Jun 27 by Catullus

Maybe they've had a look on here?

You’re right maybe this could work in our favour.

Most especially given the apparent lack of better alternatives for us.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:46 - Jun 27 with 723 viewsBoundy

He's becoming bit of a billy no mates . I've nothing against the guy but he's really not the answer , to many questions

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 18:42 - Jun 27 with 564 viewsdobjack2

Steve Cooper closer than ever to leaving Swansea City on 16:46 - Jun 27 by Boundy

He's becoming bit of a billy no mates . I've nothing against the guy but he's really not the answer , to many questions

Our abject performance in the play off final would not make the fans of other clubs think that he is any sort of tactical genius.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024