Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday 18:58 - Jul 11 with 1592 viewsKeithHaynes

By all accounts.

However, I can’t believe he will go for nothing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:02 - Jul 11 with 1556 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Whenever I watched him play for Portsmouth last season he was, by a considerable margin, far superior to every other player on the pitch.

He looked levels above everybody else.

It would be disappointing to lose him as we certainly wouldn't be able to replace his position in the squad with someone of equal talent.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:04 - Jul 11 with 1564 viewsKeithHaynes

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:02 - Jul 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Whenever I watched him play for Portsmouth last season he was, by a considerable margin, far superior to every other player on the pitch.

It would be disappointing to lose him as we certainly wouldn't be able to replace his position in the squad with someone of equal talent.

I quite agree, I see technical ability in him that we haven’t got to step up, unless we think Cooper can do it.

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:09 - Jul 11 with 1551 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers provides a set piece and a goal threat. He has another year on his contract which epires in June 2022 accoeding t Tranfremkt. Cooper appeared to like the player requesting he needed to contribute more in defensive aspects of his game when he first arrived. Hopefuly he has worked on this side of his game and stay at the club.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:11 - Jul 11 with 1544 viewsgrabsplatter

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:02 - Jul 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's interesting, how many times did you see him play?
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:21 - Jul 11 with 1520 viewsjasper_T

I only saw him the once for Portsmouth and they were playing a 4-4-2 right out of the '90s. Attempts to reinvent him as a conventional midfield battler don't make sense to me, was never his game in the u23s. That he did so well there under Potter was testament to the quality of football we played with the ball that season.
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:28 - Jul 11 with 1500 viewsgrabsplatter

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 19:21 - Jul 11 by jasper_T

I only saw him the once for Portsmouth and they were playing a 4-4-2 right out of the '90s. Attempts to reinvent him as a conventional midfield battler don't make sense to me, was never his game in the u23s. That he did so well there under Potter was testament to the quality of football we played with the ball that season.

That's what I thought, Byers hardly suited to the way Cowley sets his teams up. Probably explains his lack of game time.
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 15:46 - Jul 12 with 1271 viewsKilkennyjack

Byers is too lightweight.

The end.

Beware of the Risen People

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 16:12 - Jul 12 with 1259 viewsBoundy

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 15:46 - Jul 12 by Kilkennyjack

Byers is too lightweight.

The end.

That's not valid reason to dismiss him , Dyer , Leon , Cullen Joe Allen , none of whom were giants

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 08:02 - Jul 13 with 1091 viewsKGriz16

Potter clearly rated Byers. Cooper does not.
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 08:49 - Jul 13 with 1066 viewsCatullus

I don't really rate Byers either. He has technical ability but is he what we need? I'm saying that and it could be that Cooper keeps playing him out of position, I'm sure I've read on here before that he's a better attacking mid than a CM. That would explain why he's looked a bit lost because Cooper never played to his strengths.
I don't care about his size either, it's not the size of the dog but the the size of the fight in the dog that matters.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 09:50 - Jul 13 with 1016 viewsFireboy2

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 08:49 - Jul 13 by Catullus

I don't really rate Byers either. He has technical ability but is he what we need? I'm saying that and it could be that Cooper keeps playing him out of position, I'm sure I've read on here before that he's a better attacking mid than a CM. That would explain why he's looked a bit lost because Cooper never played to his strengths.
I don't care about his size either, it's not the size of the dog but the the size of the fight in the dog that matters.

This ^

I'd come down from oop north, pick him up and drive him to sheffield for free.
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 10:22 - Jul 13 with 993 viewsonehunglow

Hard to recall a more anonymous player

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 16:42 - Jul 13 with 897 viewsKilkennyjack

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 10:22 - Jul 13 by onehunglow

Exactly right.

Maybe Orlandi ?

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 16:51 - Jul 13 with 891 viewsKilkennyjack

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 16:12 - Jul 12 by Boundy

That's not valid reason to dismiss him , Dyer , Leon , Cullen Joe Allen , none of whom were giants

Dyer - lightning quick, with workrate and enthusiasm that few could match
Leon - battles like feck and grabs hold of the game
Cullen - jury out for me, Jasper is good judge and he believes in him.
Joe Allen - battles like feck and grabs hold of the game

If you think Byers offers anything like Dyer, Leon, and Joe Allen then you are nuttier than i thought you were - and thats saying something.

I will drive Byer north mysellf at no charge to the club.

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 17:53 - Jul 13 with 859 viewsbuilthjack

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 09:50 - Jul 13 by Fireboy2

This ^

I'd come down from oop north, pick him up and drive him to sheffield for free.

Stop,for a beer on the way

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 17:54 - Jul 13 with 858 viewsFireboy2

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 17:53 - Jul 13 by builthjack

Stop,for a beer on the way

Ok 👌
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 20:27 - Jul 13 with 782 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 10:22 - Jul 13 by onehunglow

Connor Hourihane.
Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 23:05 - Jul 13 with 691 viewsKeithHaynes

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 16:42 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly right.

Maybe Orlandi ?

What a really nice bloke, I leathered him in my swans promotion book, he was very upset, wrote me a long letter about how it affects him and his family etc. I was gutted, I learned then what we write in any medium is crucial and should be very well considered before pressing send.

It’s there forever.

Edit, I agree, I thought he was a luxury player, odd flashes of brilliance but really don’t think he would have played for us if he wasn’t Spanish.

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 14:35 - Jul 14 with 568 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 08:49 - Jul 13 by Catullus

I remember Cooper commenting on Byers needing to beef up and contribute more defensively. You could look at someone like McKay and quickly understand that McKay would never really change. It is not in his make up.

What posters on here are saying was echoed by Cooper. Byers actually played in the QPR FA cup rout that left Cooper seething. However Cooper has persisted with Byers and may have seen improvement in his all around game.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 23:57 - Jul 14 with 472 viewsKilkennyjack

Wednesday in for Byers on Tuesday on 23:05 - Jul 13 by KeithHaynes

What a really nice bloke, I leathered him in my swans promotion book, he was very upset, wrote me a long letter about how it affects him and his family etc. I was gutted, I learned then what we write in any medium is crucial and should be very well considered before pressing send.

It’s there forever.

Edit, I agree, I thought he was a luxury player, odd flashes of brilliance but really don’t think he would have played for us if he wasn’t Spanish.

Yep… in all fairness Orlandi was a beautifully balanced footballer, his only real fault was that he totally failed to do anything of any note in almost every game he ever played for us.

Fanny ….😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024