Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rescuing a dog 09:29 - Jul 21 with 1674 viewsCatullus

Just try it, there are so many rules these days it's blooming nearly impossible. Adult only homes, rural location, and saying large enclosed garden is fair enough but there was a Jack Russell with the instruction "enclosed garden with minimum 6ft fence", has he got a kangaroos hind legs?

With ours turning 12 next week we've been looking. We have a large garden, we live close to a large park, very close. We've always had dogs from back before we even met yet we can't find a dog we can give a good home to.

There's a lovely looking Weimeraner on Dogstrust but he's a sensitive soul so a home where he won't come into contact with any children. There was another one where it said no dogs in neighbouring gardens!

What are people supposed to do?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rescuing a dog on 09:47 - Jul 21 with 1254 viewsCountyJim

We had rescue dog from RSPCA had to put new fencing up to have him apparently a lurcher which we had could clear a six foot fence ! So we went 7 feet
Rescuing a dog on 09:54 - Jul 21 with 1237 views1983

PM sent

Rescuing a dog on 12:37 - Jul 21 with 1200 viewsTreforys_Jack

I had a JRT that used to scale 6ft fencing no problem at all. Got 3 from Many Tears, and your right, there's a lot more boxes to tick or comply with and it can get frustrating, but these people are absolutely dedicated to their dogs and want to make sure they go to the right forever home. Stay with it cat,
Rescuing a dog on 13:17 - Jul 21 with 1181 viewsThrasher6

We got a rescue dog 5 years ago....and she's never rescued anything since then....slightly disappointed really.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Rescuing a dog on 13:58 - Jul 21 with 1157 viewsCatullus

Rescuing a dog on 13:17 - Jul 21 by Thrasher6

We got a rescue dog 5 years ago....and she's never rescued anything since then....slightly disappointed really.

Well mine saved my life

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Rescuing a dog on 14:07 - Jul 21 with 1154 viewsCatullus

Rescuing a dog on 12:37 - Jul 21 by Treforys_Jack

I had a JRT that used to scale 6ft fencing no problem at all. Got 3 from Many Tears, and your right, there's a lot more boxes to tick or comply with and it can get frustrating, but these people are absolutely dedicated to their dogs and want to make sure they go to the right forever home. Stay with it cat,

We will, in fact 1983 gave me a lead and we have already inquired about a dog. It's no guarantee but this poor thing has been at the home for 3 years so unless it's not suitable for some reason, well, we'll see!

Rescuing a dog on 20:58 - Jul 21 with 1090 viewsbritferry

Rescuing a dog on 14:07 - Jul 21 by Catullus

We will, in fact 1983 gave me a lead and we have already inquired about a dog. It's no guarantee but this poor thing has been at the home for 3 years so unless it's not suitable for some reason, well, we'll see!

well I never, Cat likes Dogs

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Rescuing a dog on 21:04 - Jul 21 with 1085 viewsCatullus

Rescuing a dog on 20:58 - Jul 21 by britferry

well I never, Cat likes Dogs

I like pussy's too!

Edit, I nearly went with a wife related comment but thought better of it.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 21:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Rescuing a dog on 08:24 - Jul 22 with 1031 viewsItchySphincter

There's thousands of Beagles out there that need rescuing. A little research won't take long. There is no more beautiful hound and there is no more mistreated. A combination of being used in laboratories and having a reputation as a difficult breed as pups sees them treated cruelly or cast aside. You'll struggle to find a dog with a heart and sense of humour so big.

Save a Beagle.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rescuing a dog on 09:42 - Jul 22 with 1003 viewsonehunglow

Rescuing a dog on 08:24 - Jul 22 by ItchySphincter

There's thousands of Beagles out there that need rescuing. A little research won't take long. There is no more beautiful hound and there is no more mistreated. A combination of being used in laboratories and having a reputation as a difficult breed as pups sees them treated cruelly or cast aside. You'll struggle to find a dog with a heart and sense of humour so big.

Save a Beagle.

Always like them.
Im not sure I d take any rescue dog though as one really doesnt know if trauma is something one can cope with.

My and Wifey would like a dog in out later years but can't agree on breed. I want a Malinois which are a full on challenge ,so a Vizsla but they are too clingy . The death of a dog is something that resonates for years to come. The loss is truly painful.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rescuing a dog on 09:46 - Jul 22 with 998 viewsCatullus

Rescuing a dog on 09:42 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

Always like them.
Im not sure I d take any rescue dog though as one really doesnt know if trauma is something one can cope with.

My and Wifey would like a dog in out later years but can't agree on breed. I want a Malinois which are a full on challenge ,so a Vizsla but they are too clingy . The death of a dog is something that resonates for years to come. The loss is truly painful.

OHL, I have been saying I won't have another one because just watching my best friend age and start to falter is killing me BUT (as my wife keeps saying) I can't imagine our home without a dog.

Itchy, good tip, we shall have a look. Or do you have any links/suggestions?

Rescuing a dog on 09:53 - Jul 22 with 991 viewsonehunglow

Rescuing a dog on 09:46 - Jul 22 by Catullus

OHL, I have been saying I won't have another one because just watching my best friend age and start to falter is killing me BUT (as my wife keeps saying) I can't imagine our home without a dog.

I know how you feel Cat.

Malis ,as a pup,can destroy a home though and ours has just been done up and extended.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rescuing a dog on 10:14 - Jul 22 with 985 viewsItchySphincter

Rescuing a dog on 09:46 - Jul 22 by Catullus

Off the top of my head I think you could try Beagle Welfare UK - https://www.beaglewelfare.org.uk/ but also have a look on FB, there's a few groups on there dedicated to caring for Beagles and teaching owners how to keep them, it's all about positive reinforcement and rewarding, no bark collars or shouting. I would recommend joining up to the Beale Lady, reading the posts and advice. They really are amazing dogs, if I could I would have a pack.

Rescuing a dog on 11:39 - Jul 22 with 955 viewsCatullus

Rescuing a dog on 10:14 - Jul 22 by ItchySphincter

Off the top of my head I think you could try Beagle Welfare UK - https://www.beaglewelfare.org.uk/ but also have a look on FB, there's a few groups on there dedicated to caring for Beagles and teaching owners how to keep them, it's all about positive reinforcement and rewarding, no bark collars or shouting. I would recommend joining up to the Beale Lady, reading the posts and advice. They really are amazing dogs, if I could I would have a pack.

I had a look at Beagle welfare, there's not many dogs on there at the moment and all but one say adult only homes. Only Rex seems a possibility right now but while we will inquire about many dogs, we won't just jump at the first one we see, we will get as much info as possible first, if possible a few visits. We don't mind travelling...gets me out of the house!

Rescuing a dog on 12:04 - Jul 22 with 940 views1983

PM Sent

Rescuing a dog on 12:17 - Jul 22 with 936 viewsnantywatcher

Now with my fifth rescue dog. My tip is physically visit the rescue centres and the right dog will pick you. It's worked every time for me.
Rescuing a dog on 12:20 - Jul 22 with 935 viewsCountyJim

Rescuing a dog on 12:17 - Jul 22 by nantywatcher

Now with my fifth rescue dog. My tip is physically visit the rescue centres and the right dog will pick you. It's worked every time for me.

My experience with RSPCA is you got to visit anyway two three times take dog for walk

I fell for my boy first visit 😍
Rescuing a dog on 12:27 - Jul 22 with 934 viewsnantywatcher

Rescuing a dog on 12:20 - Jul 22 by CountyJim

My experience with RSPCA is you got to visit anyway two three times take dog for walk

I fell for my boy first visit 😍

I bet you felt that was reciprocated from day one.
Rescuing a dog on 12:51 - Jul 22 with 926 viewsCatullus

Our Albie definitely chose us. The dog we are looking at right now we can't visit though. We'll get there, the right dog will appear, if it hasn't already!

Rescuing a dog on 17:07 - Jul 22 with 892 viewsbritferry

I'd walk out with 10 dogs

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Rescuing a dog on 19:45 - Jul 22 with 874 viewsCatullus

Rescuing a dog on 17:07 - Jul 22 by britferry

And a pussy?

Rescuing a dog on 21:21 - Jul 22 with 849 viewsScotia

I'm putting out a shout for greyhound rescue Wales. They are a fantastic charity and retired greyhounds are fantastic pets.

I could genuinely take mine anywhere.
Rescuing a dog on 00:41 - Jul 23 with 812 viewsItchySphincter

Rescuing a dog on 11:39 - Jul 22 by Catullus

I had a look at Beagle welfare, there's not many dogs on there at the moment and all but one say adult only homes. Only Rex seems a possibility right now but while we will inquire about many dogs, we won't just jump at the first one we see, we will get as much info as possible first, if possible a few visits. We don't mind travelling...gets me out of the house!

I’ve heard that if you make contact with them you might find they have more - they don’t all appear on the website for whatever reason.

Good luck with your search.

Rescuing a dog on 00:43 - Jul 23 with 810 viewsItchySphincter

Rescuing a dog on 21:21 - Jul 22 by Scotia

I'm putting out a shout for greyhound rescue Wales. They are a fantastic charity and retired greyhounds are fantastic pets.

I could genuinely take mine anywhere.

Hounds steal your heart, something about them.

Rescuing a dog on 01:01 - Jul 23 with 802 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rescuing a dog on 17:07 - Jul 22 by britferry

This.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024