Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS waiting lists 10:42 - Jul 19 with 1080 viewsCountyJim

I was due to to have cataract removel and a hernia repair been waiting a fair while so last week phoned the waiting list number and bingo got both now within two weeks

So tip for you if you're waiting give them a ring

I'm now in isolation for four days having my cataract done Thursday and hernia a week later
NHS waiting lists on 10:46 - Jul 19 with 1074 viewsKGriz16

Good luck with your operations.
NHS waiting lists on 11:22 - Jul 19 with 1048 viewsCatullus

Good luck Jim. Learned that lesson with my hip, I started making some noise, even threatened going to the press and legal action, had a moan at my GP who contacted them too and mysteriously, a few weeks later I was done.

It doesn't pay to be quiet and patient!

Do you have to have a covid test too? I did on the Monday before, I was in on a Thursday too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

NHS waiting lists on 11:38 - Jul 19 with 1042 viewsCountyJim

NHS waiting lists on 11:22 - Jul 19 by Catullus

Good luck Jim. Learned that lesson with my hip, I started making some noise, even threatened going to the press and legal action, had a moan at my GP who contacted them too and mysteriously, a few weeks later I was done.

It doesn't pay to be quiet and patient!

Do you have to have a covid test too? I did on the Monday before, I was in on a Thursday too.

Yes just had test at a drive in center

Thanks for the good wishes both
NHS waiting lists on 11:47 - Jul 19 with 1029 viewstrampie

All the best Jim.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

NHS waiting lists on 12:26 - Jul 19 with 1011 viewsBoundy

My mum is due in Santa Maria ( under the NHS) next weekend for an assessment for cataract removal , she's been on the now defunct original waiting list and had to be prompted to chase it up . My advice to anyone waiting , don't assume that the old lists still apply because imo they don't .
good luck Jim, of all the senses being unable to see properly has to be the worst

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NHS waiting lists on 12:34 - Jul 19 with 1006 viewsCountyJim

When I rang I just told the truth I'm blind now in right eye if I shut my left eye all I see is a big blur not good I was thinking of wearing a patch because I can see better with just the left eye

And being a hospital porter I'm also struggling with my hernia
NHS waiting lists on 12:41 - Jul 19 with 1002 viewsbuilthjack

The NHS lists are a bit like the Swans season ticket waiting lists from the PL. 10000 on the list but keep pestering and you get.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

NHS waiting lists on 12:43 - Jul 19 with 997 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Good luck, my Brother had the op last year and now has excellent vision in that eye.
Which he needs as the other was blown by a couple of internal bleeds.
Login to get fewer ads

NHS waiting lists on 17:55 - Jul 22 with 858 viewsCountyJim

Had my cataract removed today absolutely brilliant treatment was worried about the procedure but couldn't have gone better

Got my patch on at moment I can take it off later and start a month of eye drops got to wear clear path to bed for a week
NHS waiting lists on 19:47 - Jul 22 with 826 viewsmajorraglan

NHS waiting lists on 17:55 - Jul 22 by CountyJim

Had my cataract removed today absolutely brilliant treatment was worried about the procedure but couldn't have gone better

Got my patch on at moment I can take it off later and start a month of eye drops got to wear clear path to bed for a week

Great news, really pleased to hear it went well.

My mother had hers done, first one went well, second one went wrong and left her without sight in the eye. We were away at the time and the surgeon who did the op was not very approachable and my mum didn’t have a clue what was going on. Fortunately, a second remedial op several months later by a different surgeon saved the day. Make sure you take the drops.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 22:15]
NHS waiting lists on 20:12 - Jul 22 with 818 viewsCountyJim

NHS waiting lists on 19:47 - Jul 22 by majorraglan

Great news, really pleased to hear it went well.

My mother had hers done, first one went well, second one went wrong and left her without sight in the eye. We were away at the time and the surgeon who did the op was not very approachable and my mum didn’t have a clue what was going on. Fortunately, a second remedial op several months later by a different surgeon saved the day. Make sure you take the drops.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 22:15]

Glad you're mum's better , Reading the notes from doctors apprantly 1-100 chance of going blind
NHS waiting lists on 20:22 - Jul 22 with 816 viewsCatullus

NHS waiting lists on 17:55 - Jul 22 by CountyJim

Great news Jim, now look after yourselfand be careful.

There's always a risk with every Op but you can't worry about that, you have to try and stay positive about it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

NHS waiting lists on 05:39 - Jul 30 with 694 viewsCountyJim

Cheers everyone ☺️

Had my hernia repair yesterday again brilliant care was really worried about being knocked out but what a feeling when you wake up I've never taken drugs but I was high as a kyte wanted to hug everyone

Up early this morning but uncomfortable but got six weeks now not being able to do a lot that's going to kill me can't even walk the dog
NHS waiting lists on 10:04 - Jul 30 with 645 viewsCatullus

NHS waiting lists on 05:39 - Jul 30 by CountyJim

Cheers everyone ☺️

Had my hernia repair yesterday again brilliant care was really worried about being knocked out but what a feeling when you wake up I've never taken drugs but I was high as a kyte wanted to hug everyone

Up early this morning but uncomfortable but got six weeks now not being able to do a lot that's going to kill me can't even walk the dog

The first thing I did after coming home with my new hip was walk the dog. The wife had to pick up his poo though. I let her carry on doing so for a while after I could manage it

Well it's always my job! Equality see.

NHS waiting lists on 13:27 - Jul 30 with 618 viewspencoedjack

Unfortunately living in Wales we have the longest waiting lists in the U.K. for elective surgery.

If you voted for Labour no point in moaning.
NHS waiting lists on 15:01 - Jul 30 with 604 viewsCountyJim

NHS waiting lists on 13:27 - Jul 30 by pencoedjack

Unfortunately living in Wales we have the longest waiting lists in the U.K. for elective surgery.

If you voted for Labour no point in moaning.

Who's moaning
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024