Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for DVLA staff 09:13 - Nov 2 with 1827 viewsCountyJim

My daughter just text me this

It's the delay with my driving, I have 4 weeks left for my gp to do a medical and they haven't received the forms . So no luck in trying to get through to dvla so far and online people have mentioned contacting their mp and they have been sorted quicker

My question is there an extension been given to people needing medicals because of current problems

Thanks
Question for DVLA staff on 10:01 - Nov 3 with 1416 viewsCountyJim

Can anyone help she's worried she's about to lose her license
Question for DVLA staff on 11:02 - Nov 3 with 1397 viewsWhiterockin

Question for DVLA staff on 10:01 - Nov 3 by CountyJim

Can anyone help she's worried she's about to lose her license

I think Exiledclaseboy knows all about the DVLA (I could be wrong) worth a PM?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Question for DVLA staff on 12:38 - Nov 3 with 1347 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The DVLA, like other heavily unionised government departments like the passport office and the DWP, think the departments are run for their benefits rather than the taxpayers who pay their wages.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Question for DVLA staff on 12:51 - Nov 3 with 1333 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Question for DVLA staff on 12:38 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

The DVLA, like other heavily unionised government departments like the passport office and the DWP, think the departments are run for their benefits rather than the taxpayers who pay their wages.

Nothing to do with the COVID pandemic then?
Even with working from home you still need actual bodies in offices to handle the paperwork.
Do have any concept of how many pieces of paper that is?
Question for DVLA staff on 14:29 - Nov 3 with 1274 viewsmajorraglan

Unions don’t run the DVLA- that’s the responsibility of the DOT and the DVLA management. The unions role is to protect the wellbeing of its members.

The DVLA charge enough for their services, so you’d have thought the management and government would have addressed shortcomings in their operational service delivery by now as we’re 18 months in to COVID, things like WFH etc.
I have previously read there have been significant concerns regarding employee health and safety at the DVLA including a mass break out of Covid and potentially loss of life. The DVLA is a big organisation employing thousands on one site, so the government have to take a flexible approach. Lots of private companies and Councils have done that and WFH is the order of the day.
Question for DVLA staff on 15:10 - Nov 3 with 1246 viewskrunchykarrot

Question for DVLA staff on 12:51 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Even with working from home you still need actual bodies in offices to handle the paperwork.

Well if they cant work from home get back to the office like our Supermarket heroes.
Question for DVLA staff on 16:10 - Nov 3 with 1217 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Question for DVLA staff on 15:10 - Nov 3 by krunchykarrot

Well if they cant work from home get back to the office like our Supermarket heroes.

Can our Supermarket Heroes do Social Distancing in work?
Because the DVLA can't
Question for DVLA staff on 16:12 - Nov 3 with 1216 viewsTreforys_Jack

Question for DVLA staff on 16:10 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Because the DVLA can't

Why can't they ?
Login to get fewer ads

Question for DVLA staff on 16:22 - Nov 3 with 1212 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Question for DVLA staff on 16:12 - Nov 3 by Treforys_Jack

Why can't they ?

There are too many of them for the office space available.
Of course they could move their desks and computers out in to the car park, that would do it.
Question for DVLA staff on 17:06 - Nov 3 with 1196 viewsCountyJim

Question for DVLA staff on 16:22 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

There are too many of them for the office space available.
Of course they could move their desks and computers out in to the car park, that would do it.

TBF there's plenty of office space available to rent in short term deals that's not an issue the NHS has taken over several in our area
Question for DVLA staff on 17:08 - Nov 3 with 1196 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Question for DVLA staff on 12:51 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes of course but if people are not in work they cannot process applications and check paperwork.

It would be the same if supermarket staff worked from home during the Pandemic their would be no food to but at the supermarkets.

Question for DVLA staff on 17:11 - Nov 3 with 1187 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Question for DVLA staff on 16:10 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Because the DVLA can't

Strange the supermarkets were able to install screens around the checkout staff, why could the DVLA not put screens around people's desks. They could also have introduced three shifts per day to reduce the headcount by two thirds.

Question for DVLA staff on 17:17 - Nov 3 with 1180 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Question for DVLA staff on 17:06 - Nov 3 by CountyJim

TBF there's plenty of office space available to rent in short term deals that's not an issue the NHS has taken over several in our area

As far as I know so have the DVLA.
But you can't just have office space, all the computers have to be linked to the central system.
I went there back in the 80s to look at there Computing and was staggered at the amount of incoming and outgoing every day.
Question for DVLA staff on 17:17 - Nov 3 with 1179 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Question for DVLA staff on 17:11 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

Strange the supermarkets were able to install screens around the checkout staff, why could the DVLA not put screens around people's desks. They could also have introduced three shifts per day to reduce the headcount by two thirds.

Ever thought that perhaps they have?
Question for DVLA staff on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 1155 viewsTreforys_Jack

Too many companies and services using covid as an excuse for penny pinching and not providing the service they're meant to.
Question for DVLA staff on 18:44 - Nov 3 with 1143 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Question for DVLA staff on 17:17 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Ever thought that perhaps they have?

Then why the huge backlog in processing HGV Licences, driving Licences etc . They seem to be able to provide your details to the police and parking companies to issue fines without any trouble. Guess it is question of priorities and getting cash in.

Question for DVLA staff on 19:13 - Nov 3 with 1123 viewsmajorraglan

Question for DVLA staff on 18:44 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

Then why the huge backlog in processing HGV Licences, driving Licences etc . They seem to be able to provide your details to the police and parking companies to issue fines without any trouble. Guess it is question of priorities and getting cash in.

In terms of the DVLA providing details to the police and parking companies, the companies accessing the information via an electronic service called KADOE.
Question for DVLA staff on 19:19 - Nov 3 with 1117 viewsCountyJim

My daughter contacted our local MP hey presto call this afternoon from gp to attend a medical

Strange that
Question for DVLA staff on 19:38 - Nov 3 with 1093 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Question for DVLA staff on 19:19 - Nov 3 by CountyJim

My daughter contacted our local MP hey presto call this afternoon from gp to attend a medical

Strange that

Was the DVLA involved in any way in those conversations?
Question for DVLA staff on 08:34 - Nov 4 with 1012 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Question for DVLA staff on 19:38 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Was the DVLA involved in any way in those conversations?

Meanwhile over at the DWP there are still 19,000 people who have reached retirement age who have still not got their state pension. This is despite the DWP promising to clear the backlog by 31st of October. Once again the DWP blame the pandemic, staff sickness and working from home as reasons. How about transferring staff who pay DWP wages onto clearing the backlog. I am sure once the staff stop getting their wages the urgency to clear the backlog will increase.

Question for DVLA staff on 11:12 - Nov 4 with 972 viewspencoedjack

Question for DVLA staff on 18:25 - Nov 3 by Treforys_Jack

Too many companies and services using covid as an excuse for penny pinching and not providing the service they're meant to.

Correct.

Including the NHS.
Question for DVLA staff on 11:13 - Nov 4 with 971 viewspencoedjack

The lefties although they know you are correct will do all they can to dispute it.
Question for DVLA staff on 17:33 - Nov 4 with 932 viewsbritferry

1,000 have covid there

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/now-around-1000-cases-covid-220686

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Question for DVLA staff on 20:00 - Nov 4 with 902 viewskrunchykarrot

Question for DVLA staff on 17:33 - Nov 4 by britferry

1,000 have covid there

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/now-around-1000-cases-covid-220686

Headlines read

"There have now been around 1,000 cases of Covid at the DVLA in Swansea since the pandemic began"

They need to get back to work.
Question for DVLA staff on 20:23 - Nov 4 with 892 viewsKilkennyjack

Question for DVLA staff on 18:44 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

The lack of HGV drivers is because the nice European drivers went home.
Because of Brexit.

How do we know this for sure ?

Because the government fix was to attract back these nice Europeans drivers for bigger wages.
Which you and i will pay for.

Well done Brexidiots … 🇬🇧💩

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024