Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin 13:50 - Sep 30 with 941 viewsSwansIndependent


“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin 30th Sep 2021 13:46
Russell Martin possibly surprised a few people when reflecting on his Swansea City sides 3-1 defeat at Craven Cottage last night. In fact he drew many positives from the game which will be taken forwards in to Saturdays bottom of the table clash at Derby County. 0




Russell Martin transcript by Swansea Independent, click above
Subscribe to us on Twitter below


This post has been edited by an administrator
0
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 14:02 - Sep 30 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Little more to be said really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 14:29 - Sep 30 with 869 viewsThrasher6

Spot on....but it's lost on many on here...jesus

Poll: Where will the Swans finish this season?

-1
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 15:40 - Sep 30 with 790 viewsKeithHaynes

Ten league games.,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 15:48 - Sep 30 with 771 viewsonehunglow

“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 15:40 - Sep 30 by KeithHaynes

Ten league games.,


and no sign of any plan really .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 16:51 - Sep 30 with 705 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is frightening to hear your manager say he was happy with the performance, when said performance saw us achieve one shot on target all match.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

0
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 16:56 - Sep 30 with 699 viewsonehunglow

“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 16:51 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is frightening to hear your manager say he was happy with the performance, when said performance saw us achieve one shot on target all match.


But it seems they obeyed HIM which is what he wants.

This guy is arrogance personified.

Fans like honestly and not all are dumb and certainly are not following his drivel . The uberfans will ingle out people who criticise like you and me but in provate they agree with us but havent the guts to admit so.

Both of us could append all the "positive" posts in the world and impress all.We could be seen as great posters -legends even and always positive posters.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 04:16 - Oct 1 with 588 viewsDr_Parnassus

“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 16:51 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is frightening to hear your manager say he was happy with the performance, when said performance saw us achieve one shot on target all match.


MK fans said that has long as he dominated the possession stats then he is happy regardless of what happens in the match or how little his team created.

Its hard to disagree when he makes comments like this.

10 league games is enough to judge these performances now, that was a marker many people set a couple of months ago.

Bob Bradley was sacked after 11 and didn't hear too many saying it was too early to judge. Not that I want Russell sacked, but that shows that performances after this amount of games can and have been judged by this fanbase and this very board.

I just want some honesty and accountability. I want to know what he is putting right, I don't want to hear how awesome we are when we clearly aren't, I am not a child that needs reality sugar coated or shielded from issues, it's strange we are being treated as such.

That is my concern.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 11:19 - Oct 1 with 514 viewsCatullus

“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 04:16 - Oct 1 by Dr_Parnassus

MK fans said that has long as he dominated the possession stats then he is happy regardless of what happens in the match or how little his team created.

Its hard to disagree when he makes comments like this.

10 league games is enough to judge these performances now, that was a marker many people set a couple of months ago.

Bob Bradley was sacked after 11 and didn't hear too many saying it was too early to judge. Not that I want Russell sacked, but that shows that performances after this amount of games can and have been judged by this fanbase and this very board.

I just want some honesty and accountability. I want to know what he is putting right, I don't want to hear how awesome we are when we clearly aren't, I am not a child that needs reality sugar coated or shielded from issues, it's strange we are being treated as such.

That is my concern.


I largely agree. I said 10-12 games was when we coud judge and I've said the next 2 games are vital to his future here.
He has had a chance, he has made some steps forward but at Fulham team selection and tactics were exposed. Better to have 37% and win 3-1 than have our stats.
I stuck by Martin, I said give him a fair crack but now the tipping point is arriving and the Cardiff game could be (sorry, it's cliche ridden) the straw that breaks the Camels back.

If Martin is saying these things to protect the players then ok BUT, if he really believes them then he is deluded, he is wrong and he is in trouble.
We can cite all the stats we want but at the final whistle the stat that matters 100% is the score and eventually that is where Martin will be judged by Winter. It won't be a judgement on pretty football, possession stats or the number of passes made, it will a judgement on scores, on points on the board.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
Login to get fewer ads

“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 11:45 - Oct 1 with 506 viewsonehunglow

“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 11:19 - Oct 1 by Catullus

I largely agree. I said 10-12 games was when we coud judge and I've said the next 2 games are vital to his future here.
He has had a chance, he has made some steps forward but at Fulham team selection and tactics were exposed. Better to have 37% and win 3-1 than have our stats.
I stuck by Martin, I said give him a fair crack but now the tipping point is arriving and the Cardiff game could be (sorry, it's cliche ridden) the straw that breaks the Camels back.

If Martin is saying these things to protect the players then ok BUT, if he really believes them then he is deluded, he is wrong and he is in trouble.
We can cite all the stats we want but at the final whistle the stat that matters 100% is the score and eventually that is where Martin will be judged by Winter. It won't be a judgement on pretty football, possession stats or the number of passes made, it will a judgement on scores, on points on the board.


Good comment Cat.It's where I am really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 01:40 - Oct 2 with 406 viewshowenjack

“I’m disappointed we lost but not with the performance” Russell Martin on 16:51 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is frightening to hear your manager say he was happy with the performance, when said performance saw us achieve one shot on target all match.


On the stats for tonight's wba v Stoke game they had the least number of shots this season for Albion listed as 11 . The least ! ............We had 6 against Fulham 1 on target.
That is why they are top and we are at the bottom . It's not rocket science .
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026