Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) 13:06 - Aug 8 with 6205 viewsLandore_Jack

Anybody know what is happening with this church? Workmen were on site yesterday clearing the ground. It was recently sold at Auction.

http://www.dawsonsproperty.co.uk/property-details-auction.php?property_id=5874

This post has been edited by an administrator

#backtojack

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:11 - Aug 8 with 5713 viewsTheFranchise

They make great Mosques. The one on St Helen's road has a couple of badminton courts.
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:12 - Aug 8 with 5705 viewsDyfnant

Was rumoured to being turned into a Wetherspoon a few years back.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:23 - Aug 8 with 5649 viewsjackharris

A Wetherspoons would be amazing.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:25 - Aug 8 with 5637 viewspencoedjack

There is an old cinema on Holloway Rd London ( close to Arsenal) converted into a Wetherspoons also a lovely building
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:25 - Aug 8 with 5638 viewsraynor94

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:23 - Aug 8 by jackharris

I don't think the Coopers would be very happy, unless they have been bought out, but would be a great idea

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:33 - Aug 8 with 5593 viewsBanosswan

The old picturehouse in Stafford is nice, they do some nice things with old buildings.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:34 - Aug 8 with 5582 viewsTheFranchise

a lapdancing club would be cool
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:37 - Aug 8 with 5557 viewsjack247

Wetherspoons are rarely amazing
Login to get fewer ads

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:38 - Aug 8 with 5557 viewsGaryjack

Sold for £75,000! I'm not sure, i may have dreamed it, but i remember something about it being turned into a pub and the existing Coopers was going to be knocked down to extend the car park?

Edit: Forget that one as the Coopers is having a full refurb and wont even be ready for the start of the season.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 13:52]
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:38 - Aug 8 with 5553 viewsoldcob

Unless you think its being turned into a football ground you are on the wrong page. Pedantic dick that's what I am.
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:43 - Aug 8 with 5523 viewsjackal

My daughter said that she saw the owner of the Rashoi in there.
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:56 - Aug 8 with 5464 viewsPrivate_Partz

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:43 - Aug 8 by jackal

My daughter said that she saw the owner of the Rashoi in there.

That would be a good shout. The pre match Rubies would be flying off the Karis if that was the case.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 14:23 - Aug 8 with 5379 viewsBloodyhills

Just checked council website and can't see any planning applications for it.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:16 - Aug 8 with 5274 viewsDr_Winston

Heard there was a covenant on it that prevented the sale of alcohol. Dance studio from what I can gather.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:41 - Aug 8 with 5195 viewsJackfath

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:16 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Heard there was a covenant on it that prevented the sale of alcohol. Dance studio from what I can gather.

I like dancing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:48 - Aug 8 with 5178 viewsvetchonian

thought it was the clubhouse for the Res and his gang

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 00:20 - Oct 8 with 2473 viewssciencelounge

Hi All

First time posting here and not sure if this is a dead threat, but...

I'm a scientist from Llanelli with a background in genetics, microbiology, natural product discovery etc.

Me and a few friends have set up a charitable community benefit society called Community Science International Wales (CSI Wales :)

We are going to renovate St Paul's and build a really unique community centre, like nothing else in the world.

A cafe / social space / incubator / STEM workshop - separated by transparent partitions.

Income will support community projects.

The flagship is "classical" medicine discovery, with a focus on finding new antibiotics from friendly microbes and plants.

Future projects will be decided by our members and visitors.

Anyone will be able to watch the science, ask questions, then start helping directly if they want - no experience needed.

Tenants of the incubator will pay rent as a proportion of their income, which will support people in the region who have great ideas but no capital, etc.

Tentants only pay once they start trading - very cool.

We are about to start gutting the basement and clearing up, then we can get the emergency/stabilising repairs costed.

We want this to be a community project from the ground up, so please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions, want to help, or knows someone who might ;)

scott at sciencelounge.wales

Thanks!

Scott
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 09:42 - Oct 8 with 2384 viewsGixerJack

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 00:20 - Oct 8 by sciencelounge

Hi All

I'm a scientist from Llanelli with a background in genetics, microbiology, natural product discovery etc.

Me and a few friends have set up a charitable community benefit society called Community Science International Wales (CSI Wales :)

We are going to renovate St Paul's and build a really unique community centre, like nothing else in the world.

A cafe / social space / incubator / STEM workshop - separated by transparent partitions.

The flagship is "classical" medicine discovery, with a focus on finding new antibiotics from friendly microbes and plants.

Anyone will be able to watch the science, ask questions, then start helping directly if they want - no experience needed.

Tenants of the incubator will pay rent as a proportion of their income, which will support people in the region who have great ideas but no capital, etc.

We are about to start gutting the basement and clearing up, then we can get the emergency/stabilising repairs costed.

We want this to be a community project from the ground up, so please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions, want to help, or knows someone who might ;)

Thanks!

Scott

Cool… do I have to book or can I just drop in?
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 12:25 - Oct 8 with 2338 viewsLohengrin

Hi All

Thanks!

Scott

I’d like to wish you the very best of luck in your endeavour. 👍

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 2321 viewsmajorraglan

Hi All

Thanks!

Scott

Have an up arrow. Good to see old buildings being brought back in to use and community enterprises springing up which can have positive impacts on local role. Good luck.
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 10:21 - Oct 9 with 2220 viewscontroversial_jack

What an ugly building!
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 14:06 - Oct 9 with 2161 viewsalltjack

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 10:21 - Oct 9 by controversial_jack

What an ugly building!

That's a joke surely, the workmanship that has gone into that is amazing
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:50 - Oct 9 with 2140 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hi All

Thanks!

Scott

Good luck with the project. The city needs more community projects.

Can I ask who is funding the work to stabilise and then renovate the building? Also, who will subsidise the centre if it is not making enough money to cover the running costs?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 16:00 - Oct 9 with 2137 viewscontroversial_jack

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 14:06 - Oct 9 by alltjack

That's a joke surely, the workmanship that has gone into that is amazing

It's solid i'll give you that, but it's ugly as sin.
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:00 - Oct 12 with 1928 viewssciencelounge

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 09:42 - Oct 8 by GixerJack

Cool… do I have to book or can I just drop in?

Drop in!

Standing/seating/chill out spaces will overlook the science and there will always be something going on. Cool stuff to look at and scientists to chat with (about anything).

Together, me and Chris will operate various stages of a classical drug discovery pipeline.

Whoever is around and has an interest can join as a member/volunteer with a self-chosen fee - then start helping (after a free H&S induction).

Maximum flexibility!

(I'll add this to all my replies: St Paul's is Grade II listed, so our plans need the blessing of Swansea Council and CADW ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024