Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plastic 15:16 - Jan 28 with 694 viewsbuilthjack

Despite politicians telling us to pay 10p for a plastic bag, plastic is everywhere.

Most packaging in supermarkets is plastic.
Farming is obscene. Plastic 7 or 8 layers thick around silage bales,. Hundreds on every farm, miles and miles of plastic about 900mm wide.
Feed bags, thousands on every farm.
Plastic water bottles, everywhere around the world.

It will never stop and eventually ruin the planet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Plastic on 15:29 - Jan 28 with 668 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well it wouldn't if they paid people for their plastic.
There are then 2 courses of action that can be taken, burn it for energy or turn it back in to Oil using a self sustaining process.
I do not use plastic bags and have never bought water in a bottle and my milk comes in glass botlles which I pay a lot of money for.

I have recycled plastic since the start of recycling, the problems start once it has been collected.

However Bacteria are proliferating that eat plastics which is a great area of research for dealing with it.
Plastic on 15:32 - Jan 28 with 664 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

100 percent with you, climate change takes the headlines whilst we continue to pollute the planet and reduce biodiversity at a great rate of knots.
The cynic in me is beginning to think there is money to be made in the climate change industry, so that gets the attention. All these issues are important and there was a time when we managed without plastic in and on everything we do

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Plastic on 16:28 - Jan 28 with 636 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Plastic on 15:32 - Jan 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

100 percent with you, climate change takes the headlines whilst we continue to pollute the planet and reduce biodiversity at a great rate of knots.
The cynic in me is beginning to think there is money to be made in the climate change industry, so that gets the attention. All these issues are important and there was a time when we managed without plastic in and on everything we do

Not just money in Climate Change, as well as trillions to be made they want the control for the great reset, it is not a secret they tell us regularly.
Plastic on 16:49 - Jan 28 with 627 viewsonehunglow

Much of it is convenience
We cannot be rsed to cook,take a reusable container or simply resist the temptation to drink and bbq on open land. Taking it home would be a start .

Ideally, drinks in glass bottles with hefty deposit to ensure return

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Plastic on 17:02 - Jan 28 with 614 viewsCatullus

Plastic on 15:32 - Jan 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm there too, the sooner we go back to paper, to glass and get rid of the vast majority of plastic, the better.

Saying that, the world would be a better place if we got rid of supermarkets and went back to local shops. I'm sure in the long run that is more sustainable though the big value shareholders would hate the idea with a vengeance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Plastic on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 607 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Plastic on 17:02 - Jan 28 by Catullus

I'm there too, the sooner we go back to paper, to glass and get rid of the vast majority of plastic, the better.

Saying that, the world would be a better place if we got rid of supermarkets and went back to local shops. I'm sure in the long run that is more sustainable though the big value shareholders would hate the idea with a vengeance.

Yes, much better for all to have a local grocer than a supermarket, if the shop is successful the local grocer gets to keep the profits rather than a trickle up to shareholders.
A few years ago I spent some time Marsala in Sicily, no global brands only small owner operated shops, shopping was a pleasure and the quality of the produce was great.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Plastic on 18:37 - Jan 28 with 574 viewsgadgetuk

Local gaming cafe has just opened up - was really pleased to see their soft drinks are in glass bottles, then not so impressed when they produced their milkshakes in the disposable plastic containers.
Plastic on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 535 viewsFlashberryjack

Plastic on 17:21 - Jan 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, much better for all to have a local grocer than a supermarket, if the shop is successful the local grocer gets to keep the profits rather than a trickle up to shareholders.
A few years ago I spent some time Marsala in Sicily, no global brands only small owner operated shops, shopping was a pleasure and the quality of the produce was great.

If only someone could think of a method that would deliver milk in bottles using a fully electric vehicle.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Plastic on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 534 viewsCountyJim

I do a litter pick every few weeks the amount of plastic people just chuck is disgusting and now it's face coverings and gloves
Plastic on 22:42 - Jan 28 with 504 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

Same with the lateral flow test kits. Plastic everywhere and not a care in the world. Dread to think how many millions of kits have been used and just thrown.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024