Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 08:30 - Apr 19 with 1044 viewsSwansIndependent

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 19th Apr 2022 08:25
Every team has a game like this a season, many will recall the same scoreline at Hull City a few seasons ago. Luton being 3-0 up against Swansea City earlier in the season and being pegged back to 3-3 is another example. These games happen. 0

Easter bunnies click above.
Easter dummies click below.

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 19th Apr 2022 08:25
Every team has a game like this a season, many will recall the same scoreline at Hull City a few seasons ago. Luton being 3-0 up against Swansea City earlier in the season and being pegged back to 3-3 is another example. These games happen. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 08:41 - Apr 19 with 1022 viewsonehunglow

A whole season wasted,sacrificed and slaughtered on the altar of arrogance.

The emergence of our best striker in many many years yet one played out of position.
A season that saw a 19yr old tall centre half brought in on loan and never really played when we were crying out for some height and physicality.
A season where we saw a window that saw an INJURED player join and basically only played a small cameo role.
A season where we saw a physical prospect in Kyle Joseph ,basically come on to the field of player right at the end of games giving him no chance to impress or improve and lastly and most shamefully...
we see the worst goalkeeper,the worst since Ronnie Briggs (although Ron had guts which Fisher will never have.) take the place of Hamer who did nothing really horrendously wrong yet has seen his career hammered.

Transition

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 09:07 - Apr 19 with 984 viewsSTID2017

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 08:41 - Apr 19 by onehunglow

The emergence of our best striker in many many years yet one played out of position.
A season that saw a 19yr old tall centre half brought in on loan and never really played when we were crying out for some height and physicality.
A season where we saw a window that saw an INJURED player join and basically only played a small cameo role.
A season where we saw a physical prospect in Kyle Joseph ,basically come on to the field of player right at the end of games giving him no chance to impress or improve and lastly and most shamefully...
we see the worst goalkeeper,the worst since Ronnie Briggs (although Ron had guts which Fisher will never have.) take the place of Hamer who did nothing really horrendously wrong yet has seen his career hammered.

Transition

I think Kyle Joseph has been unlucky this season in that we have seen the emergence of Piroe and Obafemi.
With regards to keepers, we saw many poor keepers especially in the 1970's ( Potter, Belotti, Schroeder) but agree Fisher is a poor keeper and we need a new number one

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 09:09 - Apr 19 with 982 viewslifelong

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 08:41 - Apr 19 by onehunglow

Transition

Apart from all that, everything else OK?
A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 09:14 - Apr 19 with 978 viewsSTID2017

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 09:09 - Apr 19 by lifelong

Apart from all that, everything else OK?

Funny really.
Like many clubs we will look back and pinpoint a few matches that had we won ( the two against Reading, Barnsley home, Birmingham home and away) would have seen us in the top 6.
Small margins, eh ?

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:08 - Apr 19 with 921 viewsraynor94

Reading deserve a little praise for the fight back

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:15 - Apr 19 with 900 viewsSTID2017

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:08 - Apr 19 by raynor94

Reading deserve a little praise for the fight back

Definetly

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:28 - Apr 19 with 879 viewsKeithHaynes

Transition

Did you see any positives in the three goals from open play ? I doubt you will see anything more exciting to watch all season at any club.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:35 - Apr 19 with 867 viewsDr_Winston

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:28 - Apr 19 by KeithHaynes

Did you see any positives in the three goals from open play ? I doubt you will see anything more exciting to watch all season at any club.

Might as well ask Stevie Wonder if he saw anything.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:42 - Apr 19 with 860 viewsmagicdaps10

Yesterday's game illustrated how far we have Come but also highlighted the issues still at hand.

As disappointed as I was yesterday in throwing it away, I look back with a bit more of a clearer mind, the foundation that has been built this season is clearly being firmed up as the season progresses.

Next season alot of the talk stops and the next layer is put down and set, some will expect a promotion push, others will look at a solid mid table spot.

What I would say to some, expectations are rarely the same as the outcome. A lot has been learned this season, yesterday highlighted that but also the hard work still at hand.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:59 - Apr 19 with 840 viewsvetchonian

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:42 - Apr 19 by magicdaps10

Yesterday's game illustrated how far we have Come but also highlighted the issues still at hand.

As disappointed as I was yesterday in throwing it away, I look back with a bit more of a clearer mind, the foundation that has been built this season is clearly being firmed up as the season progresses.

Next season alot of the talk stops and the next layer is put down and set, some will expect a promotion push, others will look at a solid mid table spot.

What I would say to some, expectations are rarely the same as the outcome. A lot has been learned this season, yesterday highlighted that but also the hard work still at hand.

If we end up mid table again questions need to be asked.

We have demonstrated that on its day this is a very capable squad....yesterday highlighted its flaws.

What would have been the result should a different keepr been in place ?
Would Hamer have kept a couple of those out?
Why do we persist in playing about with the ball in and around our penalty area when we are under pressure?

I doubt the ownership will settle for being a midtable Champioship club and the other issue with that is we will continue to rack up debt as possibly the owners loan teh club more funds....possibly convertaible but still adding to exisitng debt something we have not had for many a year.

We either need a significant cup run or promotion otherwise we might find ourselves in serious trouble.

Maybe yesterday also highlighted the coach has still a lot to learn....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 11:11 - Apr 19 with 823 viewscontroversial_jack

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:59 - Apr 19 by vetchonian

We have demonstrated that on its day this is a very capable squad....yesterday highlighted its flaws.

Why do we persist in playing about with the ball in and around our penalty area when we are under pressure?

I doubt the ownership will settle for being a midtable Champioship club and the other issue with that is we will continue to rack up debt as possibly the owners loan teh club more funds....possibly convertaible but still adding to exisitng debt something we have not had for many a year.

We either need a significant cup run or promotion otherwise we might find ourselves in serious trouble.

Yes the owners will. They have no ambition and shallow pockets
A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 11:17 - Apr 19 with 811 viewsDr_Winston

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 11:11 - Apr 19 by controversial_jack

Been ages since we had a good "Ambishun!" demand.

Missed them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 11:39 - Apr 19 with 774 viewsmagicdaps10

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:59 - Apr 19 by vetchonian

Piroe, Obefami, Downes and even Cabango is the answer for the funds. This is the reality of where we are and what is expected unfortunately.

The days in the sun have gone, we are a mid table championship club at best, anything else is a bonus, there will be ambition and hopes but we have to be realistic to what we are as a club.

I would love to say we are a top 6 team in this league but we are not unfortunately not, once we lost that last parachute payments then that went out the window.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 11:47 - Apr 19 with 765 viewsvetchonian

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 11:39 - Apr 19 by magicdaps10

Piroe, Obefami, Downes and even Cabango is the answer for the funds. This is the reality of where we are and what is expected unfortunately.

The days in the sun have gone, we are a mid table championship club at best, anything else is a bonus, there will be ambition and hopes but we have to be realistic to what we are as a club.

I would love to say we are a top 6 team in this league but we are not unfortunately not, once we lost that last parachute payments then that went out the window.

Yet we managed to buy Piroe, Obafemi and Downes this season with no parachiute payments or siginificant player slae...Lowe excluded of couorse.

Its a matter of opinion and debate but a different manager/coach may have got better results form this squad with maybe a promotion chase.....less than a week ago even you were suggesting we should play our strongest side against Barnsley and not try the likes of Ogebta abd Joseph as the play offs were in reach.

Yes we might lose one or more of those players you quoted in hte summer our trick is replaing them with similar at the price we bought them....

As others have said we spent 7 years in the PL yet have little to show for it...things are different form the last time we spent those 2 seasons in the top dividsion we should have been able to have developed an infrastructure to enabke us to get back up without having to spalsh a lot of cash.

We got close in the last two seasons....I beleive with the right manager/coach that could have been th esame this season.....opinions eh.

As i said in my earlier post Im not sure hte ownsership will settle for beinga midtable Championship club..so we will see

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 13:16 - Apr 19 with 717 viewsonehunglow

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 10:28 - Apr 19 by KeithHaynes

Yes Keith,I did and it was good to watch.
Then ,we imploded again. Did you not see any negative in that .I that we are to expect now. We screw up,and we have to accept it .
Any positives against Barnsley. Do you not see how some people are mightily piddled off with us right now. We are praising Barnsley for being a good team and Reading. Their league position tells another tale.

Any chance your followers could reply in respectful terms starting with Lifelong. Maybe you could instruct them to pot as per content and not at the poster. It's basic stuff.

I am not alone in my indignation and I post honestly. Is there no respect for that fact alone.

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 13:52 - Apr 19 with 688 viewsReslovenSwan1

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 11:11 - Apr 19 by controversial_jack

21% owned by the fans owned body who have been a disgrace. The only owner not to contribute to the Convertible loan note even taking a payment from those that did. THe CLN which porivd the cash for Piroe, Downes, Patterson Wolf and Christie.

What will they do with the £500,000 invest in Swansea city.? Not a chance. In the Santander getting perhaps 0.5% interest (6.5% less than inflation). Worse than useless in my view.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 16:06 - Apr 19 with 597 viewsChief

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 13:52 - Apr 19 by ReslovenSwan1

21% owned by the fans owned body who have been a disgrace. The only owner not to contribute to the Convertible loan note even taking a payment from those that did. THe CLN which porivd the cash for Piroe, Downes, Patterson Wolf and Christie.

What will they do with the £500,000 invest in Swansea city.? Not a chance. In the Santander getting perhaps 0.5% interest (6.5% less than inflation). Worse than useless in my view.

Oooofff yet more propaganda randomly spewed out. Can I refer you to that CLN thread that you started but won't engage on anymore because you got embarrassed. The one where you insisted the trust were invited to join the CLN, but I contacted the trust who confirmed no such thing occurred?

Wow now the 500k is useless. Another change of tact, thought you were lauding the greatness of this deal for the trust. I actually agree with you though, this rump of a supporters trust who've sacrificed the right to legal action is completely useless.

But don't stink out another thread with your nonsense, go to your CLN thread and I'll tell you where you where you are wrong again. Because you are.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 16:18 - Apr 19 with 579 viewsKeithHaynes

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 13:16 - Apr 19 by onehunglow

Then ,we imploded again. Did you not see any negative in that .I that we are to expect now. We screw up,and we have to accept it .
Any positives against Barnsley. Do you not see how some people are mightily piddled off with us right now. We are praising Barnsley for being a good team and Reading. Their league position tells another tale.

Any chance your followers could reply in respectful terms starting with Lifelong. Maybe you could instruct them to pot as per content and not at the poster. It's basic stuff.

I am not alone in my indignation and I post honestly. Is there no respect for that fact alone.

I know we imploded, we all saw that and reported it, but also saw the good things. Those three goals would grace any game in the world. The vast majority are not offside with the team, that’s a very small minority, we played two sides literally fighting for their lives and didn’t lose. The negatives have already been discussed, we should and coukd have won both games, we didn’t and have to accept the reasons why.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 21:21 - Apr 19 with 515 viewsSTID2017

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 13:16 - Apr 19 by onehunglow

When you say imploded again, has this happened before this season ?
I cant remember very many games when we were three goals ahead to have imploded ?
Maybe I am wrong ...
Still amazed how we managed to snatch a draw from being on the way to a resounding victory mind ...

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 22:12 - Apr 19 with 484 viewslifelong

What is disrespectful in asking if you are OK?
A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 12:54 - Apr 20 with 401 viewsonehunglow

A whole season encapsulated in one game : Reading 4 Swansea City 4 on 21:21 - Apr 19 by STID2017

When you say imploded again, has this happened before this season ?
I cant remember very many games when we were three goals ahead to have imploded ?
Maybe I am wrong ...
Still amazed how we managed to snatch a draw from being on the way to a resounding victory mind ...

Definately Maybe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024