Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him 10:00 - May 30 with 2390 viewsSwansIndependent

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him 30th May 2023 09:56
Russell Martin will take four members of his back room staff with him when the protracted negotiations for him to leave Swansea City are officially announced. It was two weeks ago today that Martin learned Southampton wanted to speak with him, this caused him to delay a planned trip to the USA. 1

Five out, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 10:16 - May 30 with 2310 viewsonehunglow

Well,that was thorough .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 10:25 - May 30 with 2291 viewsKeithHaynes

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 10:16 - May 30 by onehunglow

Well,that was thorough .

Expected. That’s five out.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 10:44 - May 30 with 2214 viewsonehunglow

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 10:25 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

Expected. That’s five out.

Has the stadium cat had the bullet too.?

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 11:24 - May 30 with 2103 viewsDr_Winston

The more time goes on the more it becomes apparent that some other club actually paying us cash money to take him off our hands is a right result.

The level of delusion required to actually believe that he's been hard done by when any other club would have sacked him in disgrace months ago is off the scale.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 11:41 - May 30 with 2048 viewsnantywatcher

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 11:24 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

The more time goes on the more it becomes apparent that some other club actually paying us cash money to take him off our hands is a right result.

The level of delusion required to actually believe that he's been hard done by when any other club would have sacked him in disgrace months ago is off the scale.

I'm rather gutted my initial assessment of him nearly two years ago have turned out to be 'on the money'. Southampton are welcome to him.
The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 12:10 - May 30 with 1984 viewsDr_Winston

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 11:41 - May 30 by nantywatcher

I'm rather gutted my initial assessment of him nearly two years ago have turned out to be 'on the money'. Southampton are welcome to him.

I suppose it is possible that Southampton may benefit from our misfortune if Martin has finally learned that his bullsh*t process doesn't work. He could rock up at St. Mary's with all the answers after wasting two years of our lives as a test bed.

Personally though I would be surprised if, when armed with a nice juicy new contract there and what he'd probably deem internally as justification of his methods seeing as another club wanted him, he doesn't go right back to trying them again.
[Post edited 30 May 2023 12:46]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 12:46 - May 30 with 1878 viewsTreforys_Jack

I completely backed him as I thought I could see what he was trying to do, I got in quite a few arguments with posters on here. However after that first Xmas it was so obvious things needed changing as it simply wasn't working, the tippy tappy at the back when it simply and obviously wasn't on nearly caused by head to spontaneously combust. As Dr says he may well have learnt but I really wouldn't put much money on it, he may well go on to do great things, but his time here has been a failure with all the resources he had at his disposal.

Thanks for the doube doube and I wish him well.
The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 12:51 - May 30 with 1869 viewsBadlands

If Southampton are outside the top six after ten games or if they have an extended run of games with few points he'll be gone. They want, expect, to be back in the PL at first attempt (my or may not be reasonable ambition depending on what the new board decides to do with players) I don’t think they will have patience to keep a manager who isn’t giving instant auccess.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 13:54 - May 30 with 1743 viewsonehunglow

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 12:46 - May 30 by Treforys_Jack

I completely backed him as I thought I could see what he was trying to do, I got in quite a few arguments with posters on here. However after that first Xmas it was so obvious things needed changing as it simply wasn't working, the tippy tappy at the back when it simply and obviously wasn't on nearly caused by head to spontaneously combust. As Dr says he may well have learnt but I really wouldn't put much money on it, he may well go on to do great things, but his time here has been a failure with all the resources he had at his disposal.

He divide us deeply
Fork him

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 14:53 - May 30 with 1669 viewsdobjack2

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 12:46 - May 30 by Treforys_Jack

He took far too long to go to a back 4 and that cost us a play off place.

As others have said Southampton owners expect to go straight back up and a poor run at any time will cost him his job. They won't give him the time he was afforded here.
The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 15:38 - May 30 with 1615 viewsSullutaCreturned

I backed him in the beginning too, then I swang back and fore a few times eventually settling on him needing to ditch the tippy tappy and do what worked (6 wins in 7, go with that style) but he reverted and stayed there until too late in the season.

I thank him for the Doubes as well but otherwise he was a failure and now I find myself thinking, at St Mary's he'll get more financial backing, he should get more of the players he wants. In which case I wait to see, if he succeeds there maybe we did lose out but if he flops there then it'll just prove a point about his "process"
The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 01:30 - May 31 with 1321 viewsGVJack

I can't believe someone is actually happy to pay us to take him off our hands.

Some nice flashes, great double double, but his tenure as a whole has been underwhelming to say the least, if not a total failure.

Unless Southampton really splash the cash I really can't see him being a success there either but he goes with my blessing and best wishes.

Now let's hope the board get the next appointment right.
The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 08:00 - May 31 with 1225 viewsKeithHaynes

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 10:44 - May 30 by onehunglow

Has the stadium cat had the bullet too.?

Not until the paperwork is complete.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 13:44 - May 31 with 1118 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 15:38 - May 30 by SullutaCreturned

I backed him in the beginning too, then I swang back and fore a few times eventually settling on him needing to ditch the tippy tappy and do what worked (6 wins in 7, go with that style) but he reverted and stayed there until too late in the season.

I thank him for the Doubes as well but otherwise he was a failure and now I find myself thinking, at St Mary's he'll get more financial backing, he should get more of the players he wants. In which case I wait to see, if he succeeds there maybe we did lose out but if he flops there then it'll just prove a point about his "process"

I’m not sure financial backing will help him much.
His purchases for us arguably weren’t upgrades on what we had (especially what we spent money on)

The danger being his habit of going back to previous clubs - personally I expect grimes will be going too

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 13:58 - May 31 with 1104 viewsonehunglow

The reasons Russell Martin is leaving and who he is taking with him on 08:00 - May 31 by KeithHaynes

Not until the paperwork is complete.

Pussy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024