Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? 07:00 - Aug 3 with 2518 viewsSwansIndependent

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? 3rd Aug 2023 07:00
Atalanta BC will be looking for a replacement for their twenty year old striker Rasmus Højlund with the Danish international all but agreed to a move to Old Trafford for ninety million euros. The Nerazzurri have been linked with interest in Joel Piroe of late and we reported recently their interest in the Swans striker. 0

Not over yet, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:16 - Aug 3 with 1966 viewsbuilthjack

A bidding war would be good

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:23 - Aug 3 with 1942 viewsDr_Winston

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:16 - Aug 3 by builthjack

A bid would be good. There haven't been any yet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:25 - Aug 3 with 1941 viewsguthrieintherain

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:16 - Aug 3 by builthjack

Need one bid first fingers crossed great player but we need to sell.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:28 - Aug 3 with 1925 viewsKeithHaynes

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:23 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

A bid would be good. There haven't been any yet.

That’s a fact.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:30 - Aug 3 with 1912 viewsangryjack

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:25 - Aug 3 by guthrieintherain

Need one bid first fingers crossed great player but we need to sell.

No we don't,if we lose 20 goals a season striker and a 8 to 10 goal a season midfielder in ntcham, we in big trouble,lif we got any ambition to go uo let him go for nothing next year take the gamble ...
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:40 - Aug 3 with 1866 viewsWhiterockin

I'm sure their season doesn't start until a week after the Premier League so possibly they are not in a rush. Ideally we would get a deal done well before then.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:47 - Aug 3 with 1823 viewsFireboy2

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:30 - Aug 3 by angryjack

No we don't,if we lose 20 goals a season striker and a 8 to 10 goal a season midfielder in ntcham, we in big trouble,lif we got any ambition to go uo let him go for nothing next year take the gamble ...

We need to sell to keep functioning as a club.

Watson will already have a replacement earmarked, that's why I'm not worried.

What does worry me is if piroe holds out and stays which will mean that we get nothing for him.
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:53 - Aug 3 with 1788 viewsKeithHaynes

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:47 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

What does worry me is if piroe holds out and stays which will mean that we get nothing for him.

If that happens then we had better hope he gets us up !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:53 - Aug 3 with 1776 viewsDr_Winston

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:47 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

This.

We are in no position whatsoever to risk losing £10m+ worth of potential player value for nothing, and it's sickening that a club which has nearly gone bust twice has so many supporters happy to glibly dismiss the prospect.

These people will probably be the same ones crying and bipping next Summer if both Piroe & Oli walk on a free and we're forced into desperate sales and few if any replacements to plug the great big hole in the finances.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 8:00]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 08:15 - Aug 3 with 1696 viewsraynor94

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:53 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

This.

We are in no position whatsoever to risk losing £10m+ worth of potential player value for nothing, and it's sickening that a club which has nearly gone bust twice has so many supporters happy to glibly dismiss the prospect.

These people will probably be the same ones crying and bipping next Summer if both Piroe & Oli walk on a free and we're forced into desperate sales and few if any replacements to plug the great big hole in the finances.

An excellent post, its baffling how many still want us to spend money we haven't got

They state we lack ambition, I prefer to call it gambling.

Some will never learn the lessons of the past

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 08:25 - Aug 3 with 1669 viewsDr_Winston

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 08:15 - Aug 3 by raynor94

An excellent post, its baffling how many still want us to spend money we haven't got

They sometimes call it gambling too. Have done so in this very thread.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 08:37 - Aug 3 with 1632 viewsWhiterockin

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 07:53 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

This.

Although I agree with the principal of the post, I had hoped that we would have plugged the obvious gaps in the squad. This has now been done but with the recent investment I had hoped it would have been done sooner allowing more pre season time. Granted this is not always possible and it is better to wait for the right players. Credit must also be given in getting the forward situation in place to cover any angle with Piroe. Personally if Piroe goes now or late in the window I think we are in a strong position to possibly go with what we have and strengthen in January where needed.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 08:38 - Aug 3 with 1632 viewsheatwave

He's not going by Saturday so if he can bag a couple against Brum.
It may make potential suitors move out of their slumber.
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:19 - Aug 3 with 1512 viewsQJumpingJack

Part of me is thinking that Piroe may be excluded from the squad on Saturday.
Potential injury?

Is he in the right frame of mind?

We have seen it before with other players.
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:25 - Aug 3 with 1492 viewsBadlands

If Piroe, Ntcham and Cabango were to be sold at market prices we could refinance the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:25 - Aug 3 with 1492 viewsSullutaCreturned

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 08:15 - Aug 3 by raynor94

it's always a gamble though, life is a gamble.

If we sell him for 20 and the owners allowed 10 of it to be spent replacing him, we could unearth another gem or waste several million on a dud, that's a gamble.

If he ends up staying the only scenario that helps us is he scores the goals that take us up.

Even worse would be that he starts scoring but gets badly injured a month in.

All we can do is hope whatever the owners decide works out for the best.

I do agree though, we shouldn't be throwing money away taking an outright gamble on promotion, a measured gamble is what happens most seasons though.
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:34 - Aug 3 with 1457 viewsjack247

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:25 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

it's always a gamble though, life is a gamble.

If we sell him for 20 and the owners allowed 10 of it to be spent replacing him, we could unearth another gem or waste several million on a dud, that's a gamble.

If he ends up staying the only scenario that helps us is he scores the goals that take us up.

Even worse would be that he starts scoring but gets badly injured a month in.

All we can do is hope whatever the owners decide works out for the best.

I do agree though, we shouldn't be throwing money away taking an outright gamble on promotion, a measured gamble is what happens most seasons though.

I’ve criticised the owners enough in the past and I’m sure I will do again in the future, but in this instance, they’ve brought in an unproven player with potential in a 3 year deal.

Either at or towards the end of his first season, he made it abundantly clear he wouldn’t be singing a new contract with us. In that scenario, there is literally nothing they can do other than get the best price for him.

Keeping him is a huge gamble, the reality is we are unlikely to go up this season with or without him.
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 1378 viewsjojaca

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:34 - Aug 3 by jack247

I’ve criticised the owners enough in the past and I’m sure I will do again in the future, but in this instance, they’ve brought in an unproven player with potential in a 3 year deal.

Either at or towards the end of his first season, he made it abundantly clear he wouldn’t be singing a new contract with us. In that scenario, there is literally nothing they can do other than get the best price for him.

Keeping him is a huge gamble, the reality is we are unlikely to go up this season with or without him.

At the moment he is not a £10 million asset if nobody as put an offer in, are we overestimating his ability. The longer this gets dragged out towards the end of the window somebody may low ball us with £5 million or less offer. Then the owners have a decision to make with risk/reward and probably how we start the season may have an effect on decision making.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 9:59]

Even when you know, you never know?

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:01 - Aug 3 with 1357 viewsWhiterockin

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 09:58 - Aug 3 by jojaca

At the moment he is not a £10 million asset if nobody as put an offer in, are we overestimating his ability. The longer this gets dragged out towards the end of the window somebody may low ball us with £5 million or less offer. Then the owners have a decision to make with risk/reward and probably how we start the season may have an effect on decision making.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 9:59]

I think we could get that even in January by a PL club.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:06 - Aug 3 with 1332 viewsjojaca

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:01 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

I think we could get that even in January by a PL club.

I am not sure about that, they are not exactly lining up to sign him now. We have different coach now, what if the goals dry up under Duff's system and work rate drops because of being a free agent next year, plus clubs outside of English league can sign him up in January and he can just run his contract down.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 10:14]

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:14 - Aug 3 with 1289 viewsWhiterockin

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:06 - Aug 3 by jojaca

I am not sure about that, they are not exactly lining up to sign him now. We have different coach now, what if the goals dry up under Duff's system and work rate drops because of being a free agent next year, plus clubs outside of English league can sign him up in January and he can just run his contract down.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 10:14]

I think he will be gone this window. I notice that Everton have doubts about his all round game and this is the reason they have not pursued their interest. He needs to go to a team who want to play their football on the floor.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:17 - Aug 3 with 1260 viewsjojaca

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:14 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

I think he will be gone this window. I notice that Everton have doubts about his all round game and this is the reason they have not pursued their interest. He needs to go to a team who want to play their football on the floor.

There are not many teams he can go to in the premier league, teams like Luton can't afford him and he is not good enough for most of the division.

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:39 - Aug 3 with 1188 viewsjack247

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:17 - Aug 3 by jojaca

There are not many teams he can go to in the premier league, teams like Luton can't afford him and he is not good enough for most of the division.

Luton could easily afford him. Teams like Everton would be taking a punt on him as a squad player.

As you’ve said above, the worry is we get a take it or leave it low ball offer at the end of the window. Even £5m is a lot of money to turn down when he’s a free at the end of the season.
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:52 - Aug 3 with 1143 viewsQJumpingJack

I expect a club not linked to him could come in for him at the last minute.
A club like Crystal Palace..............
Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 12:34 - Aug 3 with 1013 viewsReslovenSwan1

Atalanta to seek talks on Joel Piroe ? on 10:52 - Aug 3 by QJumpingJack

I expect a club not linked to him could come in for him at the last minute.
A club like Crystal Palace..............

Keeping Piroe is often quoted as 'a gamble'. it is not a gamble and he can be replaced with half of his transfer fee providing the recruitment is sound. This is because of the over heated transfer prices.

Piroe if valued at £15m would be devaluing at 15,000,000 per anu,m which is 15m/52 = £288,000 a week. Add Piroe's wages it become £300k a week.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024