Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager 08:00 - Sep 17 with 1660 viewsSwansIndependent

Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager 17th Sep 2023 08:00
Michael Duff looked a slightly lost man post match after witnessing his side produce next to very little to even give a glimmer of hope that last nights derby game could be won. Heading home to Cheltenham as opposed to Swansea he would most certainly be lost in his thoughts on that drive home last night. 1

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 08:14 - Sep 17 with 1617 viewsHeadmaster

He was the wrong choice for this club. Watson too, who was meeting with Nathan Jones on the eve of the derby if rumour is to be believed.

They’re the complete antithesis of what this club should stand for. We were at our most successful when we had an identity, pass and move football. Not whatever this is.

Nothing will change until the decision makers change.
Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 09:23 - Sep 17 with 1400 viewsmagicdaps10

Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 08:14 - Sep 17 by Headmaster

He was the wrong choice for this club. Watson too, who was meeting with Nathan Jones on the eve of the derby if rumour is to be believed.

They’re the complete antithesis of what this club should stand for. We were at our most successful when we had an identity, pass and move football. Not whatever this is.

The yanks are looking at other clubs and how they do things instead if trying to create their own legacy like we have done previous.

It's mistake after mistake, this one looks to be the biggest yet......ripping up everything with absolute no clue whatsoever.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 09:34 - Sep 17 with 1349 viewsjack247

Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 08:14 - Sep 17 by Headmaster

The Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup years were attractive, winning football. It doesn’t get better than that.

I’d take Duffs football if it won us games. I’d even take it if he was trying to do something different and you could see it was a work in progress.

As it stands, it’s just meek, negative football and we lose most of of our games. He’s said he’s not going to change. If he doesn’t, he shouldn’t last long.

I’m also bored of hearing how he started slowly at Cheltenham and Barnsley and turned things around. He’s doing the same thing every game and it doesn’t work.
Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 09:47 - Sep 17 with 1285 viewspencoedjack

Meeting Nathan Jones?

Is that true?
Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 09:50 - Sep 17 with 1287 viewsraynor94

He looked and spoke like a man who hasn't got a clue how to sort this out.

Massive 2 games coming up, a minimum of 4 points required.

But im not holding my breath he can achieve it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 10:51 - Sep 17 with 1103 views3swan

Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 09:50 - Sep 17 by raynor94

He looked and spoke like a man who hasn't got a clue how to sort this out.

Massive 2 games coming up, a minimum of 4 points required.

But im not holding my breath he can achieve it

I think that's where most are at the moment.

We live in hope, the last resort of being a fan.

This struggle of a start is here for a while. Even by some magical intervention we get 6 points from the next two games it will be 8 from 8 and still relegation form.

The following 4 games are difficult and could end with 0 points so then 8 from 12.

Positivity could be a long way off.
Michael Duff : The loneliness of the long distance manager on 11:00 - Sep 17 with 1068 viewsdobjack2

The way we have been playing and the way Duff spoke ahead of this game it smelled that he would try not to lose the game rather than try to win it. They were no great shakes but words fail me about our performance. It was unacceptable for any game but against them .... We are where we are in the table for good reasons.

Confidence and belief in the manager seems to be at Bradley levels.I think that he's lost the majority of fans after that, the question is has he lost the dressing room as well because it didn't look like the players believed in him either. There are enough players left to compare him with Martin if not Cooper as well.

The fact he is still living 2 hours or so away doesn't help in any way; he knows the clock is ticking and without a massive change on the pitch, it probably doesn't have a lot of ticks left.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 11:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024