| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants 22:21 - Jul 20 with 4501 views | JACKMANANDBOY | In some areas, including Southern Water. If you claim benefits with three kids you can ignore the hosepipe ban, go to work with three kids and the ban applies. https://www.lbc.co.uk/article/ [Post edited 20 Jul 22:27]
|  |
| |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 22:23 - Jul 20 with 2986 views | onehunglow | Ominous isn’t We are creating two tier society One works One doesn’t Those that do pay for the other |  |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 22:28 - Jul 20 with 2960 views | max936 | Angling clubs have stopped allowing fishing on many parts of the Wye, because of lack of water and especially due to the lack of flow and quite right to, yet farmers are allowed pump thousands upon thousands of gallons from rivers, how does that work This drought is apparently likely to run well into August as well. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 00:53 - Jul 21 with 2906 views | hobo | We need a Guy Fawkes |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 05:44 - Jul 21 with 2835 views | Whiterockin | I know Starmer has gone but didn't Labour say they were going to look after "working people". |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 07:32 - Jul 21 with 2820 views | Dr_Winston | It's because they know full well that either they won't recover any fines at all or even if they do, it will be public money paying it. Probably cheaper not to bother in the main. What they do need to do however is force repayment via assets. Owe £300 in fines? We'll have that iPhone off you. Still owe money on it? Tough. That's between you and Vodaphone. It's another example of where we've gone wrong as a country in prioritising rights over responsibilities, when in reality you can't have one without the other as a balance or it'll end up as a shithole, which we're increasingly seeing. |  |
| Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:00 - Jul 21 with 2758 views | onehunglow | Ominous isn’t We are creating two tier society One works One doesn’t Those that do pay for the other |  |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:19 - Jul 21 with 2705 views | Whiterockin |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:00 - Jul 21 by onehunglow | Ominous isn’t We are creating two tier society One works One doesn’t Those that do pay for the other |
I don't work, do you? |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:37 - Jul 21 with 2658 views | onehunglow |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:19 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin | I don't work, do you? |
No because Im allowed to retire and draw state pension by age I worked 45 years I’m not concerned about you or whether you work or not Again, personal |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:39 - Jul 21 with 2630 views | Whiterockin |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:37 - Jul 21 by onehunglow | No because Im allowed to retire and draw state pension by age I worked 45 years I’m not concerned about you or whether you work or not Again, personal |
Not really, I'm just pointing out that it is not as simplistic as you portrayed. There are many variables within the system. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 10:07 - Jul 21 with 2577 views | union_jack |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 22:28 - Jul 20 by max936 | Angling clubs have stopped allowing fishing on many parts of the Wye, because of lack of water and especially due to the lack of flow and quite right to, yet farmers are allowed pump thousands upon thousands of gallons from rivers, how does that work This drought is apparently likely to run well into August as well. |
I’d imagine that’s the case so that crops still grow fending off huge price increases later on because of lack of produce. I’m no expert though. |  |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 12:08 - Jul 21 with 2520 views | Gwyn737 | They need to protect the vulnerable and say a blanket ban is cheaper to administer. If that's true I have no problem with it. If it's not, I do. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 12:52 - Jul 21 with 2473 views | raynor94 | And similarly energy debt in this Country is £4.79 billion so many don't care because they know it will be written off Roughly 3 million homes owe an average of £1500! |  |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 13:57 - Jul 21 with 2445 views | Boundy |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 22:28 - Jul 20 by max936 | Angling clubs have stopped allowing fishing on many parts of the Wye, because of lack of water and especially due to the lack of flow and quite right to, yet farmers are allowed pump thousands upon thousands of gallons from rivers, how does that work This drought is apparently likely to run well into August as well. |
We need the crops to grow , so not sure what the alternative is |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefit on 14:04 - Jul 21 with 2438 views | Boundy |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 12:08 - Jul 21 by Gwyn737 | They need to protect the vulnerable and say a blanket ban is cheaper to administer. If that's true I have no problem with it. If it's not, I do. |
Why would someone on benefits need to use a hosepipe, imo why are we finding ourselves in this situation anyway . We’ve just experienced one of the wettest winters for a decade so maybe instead of WW repairing their systems and investing in new storage facilities then perhaps there would be no need for this ban . |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefit on 14:12 - Jul 21 with 2425 views | Gwyn737 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefit on 14:04 - Jul 21 by Boundy | Why would someone on benefits need to use a hosepipe, imo why are we finding ourselves in this situation anyway . We’ve just experienced one of the wettest winters for a decade so maybe instead of WW repairing their systems and investing in new storage facilities then perhaps there would be no need for this ban . |
I don't think Welsh Water have those exemptions. The ones in the South are there beacause it would be too costly to seperate those elderly, infirm and disabled from benefit claiments overall so they're done it in a blanket way. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefit on 17:27 - Jul 21 with 2340 views | Boundy |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefit on 14:12 - Jul 21 by Gwyn737 | I don't think Welsh Water have those exemptions. The ones in the South are there beacause it would be too costly to seperate those elderly, infirm and disabled from benefit claiments overall so they're done it in a blanket way. |
Thanks |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:16 - Jul 21 with 2286 views | max936 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 09:37 - Jul 21 by onehunglow | No because Im allowed to retire and draw state pension by age I worked 45 years I’m not concerned about you or whether you work or not Again, personal |
45yrs I'm in my 49th yr mun. I may have mentioned that before |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:20 - Jul 21 with 2277 views | max936 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 10:07 - Jul 21 by union_jack | I’d imagine that’s the case so that crops still grow fending off huge price increases later on because of lack of produce. I’m no expert though. |
Yep I agree, bit of a doubled edged sword that though without an answer, we need to start doing a Swansea Independent rain dance . We'll suffer later in the year and after it no doubt, floods and god knows what etc. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:23 - Jul 21 with 2276 views | max936 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 12:52 - Jul 21 by raynor94 | And similarly energy debt in this Country is £4.79 billion so many don't care because they know it will be written off Roughly 3 million homes owe an average of £1500! |
I'm virtually over 700 quid in credit with my provider and they are still taking nearly £240 a month off me. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:29 - Jul 21 with 2264 views | onehunglow |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:23 - Jul 21 by max936 | I'm virtually over 700 quid in credit with my provider and they are still taking nearly £240 a month off me. |
That is unacceptable You should be no more than a few months in credit It’s on their bank Steve , get it back Apply immediately please I’m with octopus who are brilliant I pay monthly for what I use and you should do the same The big six make millions out of this scam, which is what it is It’s shameful Sorry for the emotive language |  |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:31 - Jul 21 with 2264 views | max936 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 13:57 - Jul 21 by Boundy | We need the crops to grow , so not sure what the alternative is |
Nor me Boundy to be honest, except to say that the life in the river is suffering, fish looking for fast flowing water for the oxygen with the water shallow makes it far easier for those b''tard cormorants to get at them and its not just the fish either. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:31 - Jul 21 with 2263 views | raynor94 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:23 - Jul 21 by max936 | I'm virtually over 700 quid in credit with my provider and they are still taking nearly £240 a month off me. |
I always like to £250 in credit but if it gets to £400 I get a rebate |  |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:35 - Jul 21 with 2255 views | onehunglow |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:31 - Jul 21 by raynor94 | I always like to £250 in credit but if it gets to £400 I get a rebate |
Read my post Ray Pay month dd No need to build up credit It’s what they want |  |
|  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:38 - Jul 21 with 2255 views | max936 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:29 - Jul 21 by onehunglow | That is unacceptable You should be no more than a few months in credit It’s on their bank Steve , get it back Apply immediately please I’m with octopus who are brilliant I pay monthly for what I use and you should do the same The big six make millions out of this scam, which is what it is It’s shameful Sorry for the emotive language |
I pay monthly R, I only checked recently. Home Energy I'm with. |  | |  |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:46 - Jul 21 with 2247 views | raynor94 |
| No Hosepipe Ban for Benefits Claimants on 20:35 - Jul 21 by onehunglow | Read my post Ray Pay month dd No need to build up credit It’s what they want |
I pay by d/d and its easy to claim a rebate if credit builds up to much |  |
|  |
| |