Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity 18:37 - Jan 12 with 27207 viewsnumptydumpty

Next to Glenn Hoddle in queue at Tescos other day

Amazingly mate mine recognised Brian Hanrahan in Moon pub in Shepherd's Bush. 30 years after his famous Falkland BBC news

Saw Tony Meo next to Steve Davis, and randomly only recognised Tony Meo and Mr Steve heard my recognition of his mate as opposed to him !!!

Another friend randomly recognised Statto at Royal Ascot of Skinner and Baddiel fame.

Was sat next Steve Rider at Bracknell rugby game. Of Grandstand 'fame"

Few very z list celebs indeed

Anyone randomly bumped into any mega stars

Remember seeing Alan Ball pop into bookies in Portsmouth to check out his loser. No one said anything.

Saw Colin Jackson 100 metre hurdler in his GB kit at an airport in Milan, looked ridiculously healthy and fit.

Anyone had an exchange with a celeb....

I must be bored !!!! 😴
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:12 - Jan 12 with 3055 viewsSydneyRs

Noel Gallagher was next me me at the bar of a pub in London where we went to see little known Australian band You am I back in the 90s. I assume he knew the guys in the band. He's quite a shortarse.

Hugh Dennis who looked exactly the same as he does now when I walked past him 20 odd years ago.

World record test wicket taker Muthiah Muralitharan and team mate Lasith Malinga got into the lift we were in when staying in a Sydney hotel maybe 12 years ago. They were pretty friendly and Muralitharan laughed when I was trying to explain to my young son that he was a world record holder. The whole team was staying in the hotel and about to set off for a one day game v Australia that evening I think.

Around 1980 during school summer holidays when I was maybe 10, we were playing in a park in Harlesden and the actors who played Tucker, Benny Green and Alan Humphries in Grange Hill were there playing football. Turned out they were in a break from filming which was taking place at the high school next door. They took the piss out of us supporting QPR when we talked to them! We hung around afterwards and watched them film a scene with the games teacher character Baxter.

Walking down a random street in New York late 90s and Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn were there about to film a movie scene. They then cleared the pavements on both sides of the street so extras could walk along there as the background, we'd have done it for free! We were quite excited when Steve Martin waved at us.

Dennis Wise used to drink in Oscars nightclub in greenford back in the 90s, saw him in there a few times.

Trevor Sinclair, Paul Murray and a third player I can't recall used to come into Yates in Harrow sometimes.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 4:59]
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:13 - Jan 12 with 3050 viewsEsox_Lucius

I went to see a couple of new bands at Hammersmith Odeon, Squeeze & Our Daughters Wedding. At the bar whist ODW were doing their warm up I was chatting to two strangers about music etc. They introduced themselves as Glenn and Chris and seemed friendly enough. Another guy with dark hair joined them without introducing himself and said they needed to get going. I said "see ya, nice chatting" as you do and went over to wait for Squeeze to come on stage.
Yep Glenn & Chris were on stage with the dark haired guy who was introduced as Jools...
AFAIK they went on to have a fairly successful career.

The grass is always greener.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 3046 viewsRs_Holy

literally bumped into Trevor Francis with my trolley in Waitrose Sunningdale in 1990. He wasn't very talkative... positively miserable,
Chris Plummer in Tesco Sunbury circa 2001... didn't chat
Roy Wegerle on an open top bus is Paris 2002... didn't chat (he was with his wife and daughters)
Martin Oneill at BMW Wentworth golf thingy 2011. Chatted quite a bit to him... he is a really nice bloke and was following Paul McGinleys group.
Heiðar Helguson in a Premier Inn in Edinburgh 2016... Spoke to him and thanked him for the all the goals and happy memories he created at QPR.
Pierce Brosnan in the Barley Mow pub in Englefield Green 2017... said hello to him as he exited the Gents and I was going in.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:03 - Jan 12 with 2956 viewsHAYESBOY

Bjork in Southall market in the 80's.

Nick Faldo in Windsor couple years back.

I also have bumped into Statto at Ascot, would have been early mis 90's

And obvious ones, Mick Jones and Glen Matlock on South Africa Rd

The whole Leeds squad walking past us on South Africa Rd.

Tony Blackburn in Denham.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:28 - Jan 12 with 2923 viewsmonners1969

I knocked over terry Waite in Heathrow airport- poor bugger
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:46 - Jan 12 with 2909 viewsMrSheen

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:03 - Jan 12 by HAYESBOY

Bjork in Southall market in the 80's.

Nick Faldo in Windsor couple years back.

I also have bumped into Statto at Ascot, would have been early mis 90's

And obvious ones, Mick Jones and Glen Matlock on South Africa Rd

The whole Leeds squad walking past us on South Africa Rd.

Tony Blackburn in Denham.

I was waiting to go on Bloomberg TV about 20 years ago and found myself sitting next to Donny Osmond. He was charming, signed a photo for Mrs Sheen and her sister.
Thomas Frank in East Sheen Waitrose, quite often. I blame him for the panic buying of bog roll.
I was in the sea in Ireland last summer and realised I was standing next to Jack O’Connor, who had coached Kerry to the all-Ireland football title the week before. I would have congratulated him but I was having a sneaky piss at the time.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:54 - Jan 12 with 2890 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:28 - Jan 12 by monners1969

I knocked over terry Waite in Heathrow airport- poor bugger

That's all he needed as he got off the plane from Beirut!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 00:27 - Jan 13 with 2836 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shared a small lift with every prime minister, and probably every MP and Lord between 2017 and 2022.
Login to get fewer ads

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 00:34 - Jan 13 with 2834 viewsthame_hoops

Leigh Francis from bo selector and Bill Nighy in Soho.

Pat Butcher and Jason Kay in Princess Risborough.

Ian Rush in thame

Kerry Katona and Phillip Schofield in Chinnor
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 05:01 - Jan 13 with 2723 viewsWA_Hoop

My most bizarre celebrity moment was walking out the UCL Chemistry department onto Gordon Street only to see Princess Diana on the other side of the road.

Walked past Kenny Everett & Patrick Mower in central London, Rodney Bewes, David Dimbleby & Tony Adams in Putney. Sat next to Declan Murphy (BBC) & Jimmy Mulville on the tube, struck up a conversation on the tube with John Champion on a trip back from Palace.

I was once on a flight to Cyprus with Toyah Wilcox. Also flew back from Australia 2001 with the then England cricket academy which included Strauss, Swann, Bell, Key, Tremlett, Tudor, Key & Jones. Richie Benaud nearly knocked the beers out of my hands at Lords and some years later I met him on Bondi Beach where he was filming an ad for Channel Nine (not long before his sad passing and still had a very firm handshake).

Joe McGann sat behind me in the SAR at a QPR v Liverpool game in the 90's when John Barnes was still playing for them. I've been in a pub sat next to Jim Davidson and a hotel bar in Nottingham with Michael Elphick & Neill Morrisey (Boon days). Also came out of a cinema behind Kriss Akabussi.

My personal favourite was catching Cheri Lungi's eye in Kensington High Street much to my wife's (then girlfiend) disgust!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 06:40 - Jan 13 with 2676 viewsRs_Holy

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:15 - Jan 12 by Rs_Holy

literally bumped into Trevor Francis with my trolley in Waitrose Sunningdale in 1990. He wasn't very talkative... positively miserable,
Chris Plummer in Tesco Sunbury circa 2001... didn't chat
Roy Wegerle on an open top bus is Paris 2002... didn't chat (he was with his wife and daughters)
Martin Oneill at BMW Wentworth golf thingy 2011. Chatted quite a bit to him... he is a really nice bloke and was following Paul McGinleys group.
Heiðar Helguson in a Premier Inn in Edinburgh 2016... Spoke to him and thanked him for the all the goals and happy memories he created at QPR.
Pierce Brosnan in the Barley Mow pub in Englefield Green 2017... said hello to him as he exited the Gents and I was going in.

Also just remembered …
Clive Lloyd in a lift in the Bon Marche building Brixton 1987
Joel Garner Was 2 rows in front of me on 747 coming back from Barbados 1985(and yes he was very , very tall)

Didn’t chat to either
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:24 - Jan 13 with 2564 viewsurrrrssss

I've Played Darts with James Cagney !!!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:39 - Jan 13 with 2546 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Older you get the more likely you are to encounter celebs. Even back in London this Xmas I sauntered past Eddie Redmayne in Notting Hill, and James Corden up town. I'll spare a long list and tell of a celeb who nearly didn't walk past me.

Md-80s I was a student working as a security guard at the Stella Artois tennis tournament. All the guards wanted the players' entrance gig. Not being a tennus fan, I didn't give a rat's 'arris.

First morning and all the guards were assigned their roles except for me. Whereupon I'm called to the guards' office and exit wearing a different jacket (braided epaulettes) and with firm instructions only allow those with gold badges past you into the players' entrance.

Jimmy Connors aside, no earthly clue who the gold badged blokes I'm letting through are. Then this huge bloke appears, and notwithstanding he's wearing a tracksuit, he's not going past me because he ain't wearing a gold badge!

However, he and the bloke he's with try it on, so I block their way and say, 'Players only!'

The Mexican standoff is broken when the other bloke pipes up, 'Do you know who this is?'

I look the tracksuited chap up and down. He's an arrogant looking prick, who goes to walk by me again. So, I block him a second time. If he wasn't so huge in his Ellesse tracksuit, I might have looked to plant a few.But the more I look at him, the more familiar he becomes.

Half an hour later, I'm on my tea break in the mess. Everyone is hanging off my word as to who I've met, and I proudly announce that I made a decision for the good of the tournament and allowed an undocumented migrant worker called Boris Becker through to defend his title!

With near comedy timing, the manager walks in, calls me to the office from where I eventually leave defrocked of my epeaulletted jacket and reassigned to the delivery gate. The furthest point away from players.

Not that I cared, I spent the rest of the week stretched out in the sun, benefitting from whatever the delivery drivers allowed to fall off their lorry and into my paws.

I knew then what took another 30 odd years for the world to learn...the bloke was a wrong 'un!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:42 - Jan 13 with 2547 viewsLimehouseR

In the last 3 months or so I have seen 4 'celebrities' although I dislike the term...

Rob Brydan picking up several kids (I'm assuming at least one of them was his!) in his Range from the bowling alley at the leisure/retail park in Feltham.

Wayne Sleep (Get off your house and drink your milk [Alan Partridge]) gliding across the road in Kew Bridge just as the pedestrian turned red, I was impressed with his nimbleness and speed. I know he lives around Chiswick Riverside somewhere.

Harry Enfield taking a late Saturday morning stroll through Hampstead Heath/Kenilworth House with his wife/partner. I wasn't sure it was him until she appeared to have made a quip and he gave that unmistakable grin...

Matt Hancock with his son and an older man getting on the tube at Edgware Road and getting off at Baker Street last week. He was sharing a packet of Haribo with them and appeared to be completely unsure if he was on the right train. I dislike the man immensely but I did fear for his safety when two drunken blokes staggered towards him with mischief in their eyes but they just wanted a selfie which he was delighted to oblige with. Interesting that most people on the carriage completely ignored him but the few who did notice stared and gave brief frowns or a shake of the head...
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:48 - Jan 13 with 2519 viewsstevec

Back in the 80’s was queueing to get in a nightclub on a side street off Oxford Street when I found myself somehow squeezed in amongst a bunch of big black guys all as tall as me. As we shuffled in a mate lent out and whacked me on the shoulder and shouted Mike Tyson. I looked around thinking where, he can’t be coming here, then looked down and shoulder to shoulder, there he was looking up at me. I muttered ‘alright mate?’ and he smiled and nodded back.

He wasn’t that big but built like a bulldog.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:59 - Jan 13 with 2508 viewsmonners1969

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:54 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

That's all he needed as he got off the plane from Beirut!

I know right - hes quite a big bloke too! I apologised and realised midway through it who he was and then swore through the rest of the apology quite a lot which made it way worse...
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:15 - Jan 13 with 2491 viewsderbyhoop

Forgot 2 others.
Walked past Christine Lagarde, head of IMF at Dyblin Airport one Friday evening.
Nearly bumped (literally) into Gerry Adams in my Dublin hotel but managed to swerve round him with my bags so am able to tell the tale. There'd been a Sinn Fein meeting in the afternoon.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:18 - Jan 13 with 2493 viewsnix

I've seen loads but I think I'm quite observant, so good at spotting people. Henry Cavill and Jensen Button in Richmond.

Rob Brydon and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) in Teddington (had to speak to him and he was very pleasant - we both did that thing where he knew I knew who he was but he was with his partner/kids so we pretended he wasn't famous. He was really lovely with the staff in the cafe).

Pamela Stevenson and Elle McPherson many years ago. Both were very beautiful, especially McPherson, who I couldn't keep my eyes off even though I'm straight.

Peter O'Toole and Jackie Collins in town (not together!). Both were old school glamour, O'Toole very tall with amazing eyes but both had that presence, you noticed before you worked out who they were. Collins in a fur coat with fake eyelashes so long you could clock them from 50 metres away.

Joanna Lumley at the theatre. Dawn French and Lenny Henry who gave me filthy looks even though I wasn't going to bother them!

Nick Kyrgios, at the National Tennis Centre.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:38 - Jan 13 with 2456 viewstoboboly

Stewart Lee was in the same pub as me yesterday in Victoria.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:41 - Jan 13 with 2460 viewsJames_Paddocks

Had a piss next to Patrick Bamford at King's Cross once.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:42 - Jan 13 with 2444 viewsPinnerPaul

Worked for ITV for 38 years so bit of a cheat I guess, but I suppose the most famous person I saw in the lifts was Tony Blair.

It must have been before he was PM, because he was

a) in a lift with us mere mortals and
b) didn't have any security with him
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:03 - Jan 13 with 2422 viewstoboboly

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:41 - Jan 13 by James_Paddocks

Had a piss next to Patrick Bamford at King's Cross once.

Presume he missed and got your shoes?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:22 - Jan 13 with 2408 viewsTheChef

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 20:02 - Jan 12 by SteveB

Lived in Dubai for 12 years, bumping into someone recognisable was a weekly event..

Some that stand out though :

High points:
Having a very alcohol fuelled night with Mel C. (Spice girl)
Gary Rhodes (rip) cooking dinner for my family in his apartment, we were neighbours.
Playing football at my son's football club with Teddy Sheringham, Dennis Irwin & John Barnes - nice fellas all.
Frankie Dettori & Marco Pierre White, gatecrashed their Frankie's Restaurant launch, I was extremely worse for wear after an all day brunch, they were very nice, surprisingly.
Barbara Windsor (rip) wonderful lady.

Low points:
Trevor Sinclair, utter cock.
Roger Federer, ignorant tosser.
Adel Taarabt - swore at my 6 year old son, who accidently trod on his flip-flopped foot when QPR were in Dubai Jebel Ali Resort warm weather training. The rest of the squad were fantastic, a few on this site were present that day.

Oooh you lucky so and so - Mel C is gorgeous and fit as fck (and probably the only Spice Girl who can properly sing).

Ageing like a fine wine.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:44 - Jan 13 with 2333 viewsthemodfather

i can add barry mcguigan, emma thompson, rick buckler, bruce foxton, martin freeman, garry cooper ( from quadrophenia) most of the singers the nolans, one of their husbands is a qpr fan sits in SAR , mcik jones/clash , russ tamblyn ( west side story) i gave mel c an england balloon on st george's day lol
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:03 - Jan 13 with 2302 viewsGalileo

Ian Holloway down the driving range with his kids.

Sat opposite Mick Talbot and on another occasion Rachel Sterling on the tube.

Chris Eubank walking through the Lanes in Brighton.

Ben Miller strolling through Robin Hood Bay with his family.

My wife once pointed out Vernon Kay and his awful wife in a park in Marlow.

Last summer Ross Kemp had to wait for me to be served before him in a pub in Cookham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024