Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BAE 08:09 - Feb 17 with 4892 viewsFearless

Been a fan of his, although concerned that he often slows play down, but now costing us goals and arguing with his team mates (Austin & Dunne)

Doesn't appear to take criticism well.

BAE on 13:58 - Feb 17 with 1078 viewsJigsore

i'm not sure why we expect perfect players in every position. If you look at some of the others performances, especially in our midfield, BAE is doing fine.

It wasn't long ago that we were singing his praises about how cool and collected he was on the ball. The fact is when he has a bad run of form like he is now you can easily turn that around and call his languid style 'lazy'.

tl;dr has been good most of this season; a few bad games doesn't make a season
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 13:58]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

BAE on 14:31 - Feb 17 with 1053 viewsNorthernr

I know this may be terribly childish, and would be a very bad thing for our team morale, and would probably see us down to nine men, but I really want to see Dunne smack the arrogant fcker next time
BAE on 14:42 - Feb 17 with 1043 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BAE on 09:39 - Feb 17 by DesertBoot

Running towards your own goal as your opponent is doing the same isn't very helpful. You could see the disbelief on Hill's face as the third goal flew in.

Hill's a competitive player and won't like any goal going in. He had a gob on him when the second went in even though it was his man, Every goalie in the world, and I'm one of the goalie's union, goes mental when a goal flies in even if, especially if, it's their fault. It's how you'd want it!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BAE on 14:46 - Feb 17 with 1038 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BAE on 13:44 - Feb 17 by WestminsteRs

He did back off but (1) generally you'd be happy for a player to shoot from that distance and at that angle, and (2) he had been left exposed. One would expect a winger running from that far out to have one of our midfielders in his way. I think it was Barton who finally got across just too late.

The alternative would've been to make a challenge nearer the halfway line but if you fail the opposition have suddenly got 3 on 3 or 3 on 4 in our third of the pitch.

To me this is another argument for having an extra midfielder. In a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation your holding midfielder would've been across doubling up with BAE against their winger. Not to mention the fact that we're continually getting outnumbered in midfield.

Agreed. Posted the same yesterday, though not as well put. Ideally, he maybe could have got closer but I don't see any big disgrace in the concession of this goal, and I certainly don't see it as a lack of desire or proof of bad attitude.

BAE on 15:03 - Feb 17 with 1013 viewsBasingstokeR

Richard Dunne seem to think it was crap and he knows better than most of us!
BAE on 15:09 - Feb 17 with 1003 viewsPinnerPaul

BAE on 10:01 - Feb 17 by stowmarketrange

He isn't a championship player.He might get away with his lazy style in the premier league.He cost us 2 goals against Burnley and he should have closed down the player yesterday for the 1st and 3rd goals.Alright,the opening goal they had men over behind him,but he was the one who could where all the Reading players were and should have done something.
I'm bored of seeing him just hoof the ball aimlessly up the pitch just to clear his lines.
I'm not saying that he isn't a skilful player,but I don't think he is right for us where we are now.

Behave - the first goal came from a cross from the right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAE on 15:12 - Feb 17 with 1001 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BAE on 15:03 - Feb 17 by BasingstokeR

Richard Dunne seem to think it was crap and he knows better than most of us!

Possibly, but it was far from the only mistake. I think BAE has been decent this season, and I know there's a bit of the Salem witch hunt going on here today, but I just don't think BAE is Lizzie Proctor this time.

Jesus, I sounded like Discodroid there!

BAE on 15:19 - Feb 17 with 994 viewsstowmarketrange

BAE on 15:09 - Feb 17 by PinnerPaul

Behave - the first goal came from a cross from the right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying that he should have stopped the cross,but he was in the perfect position to see what was happening in our penalty area and should have tried to stop him getting a free header.He was the one facing the play.Everyone else was playng runaround.
BAE also had two players spare behind him,but they didn't the goal though did they?
Login to get fewer ads

BAE on 15:32 - Feb 17 with 984 viewsItalianR

BAE on 13:58 - Feb 17 by Jigsore

i'm not sure why we expect perfect players in every position. If you look at some of the others performances, especially in our midfield, BAE is doing fine.

It wasn't long ago that we were singing his praises about how cool and collected he was on the ball. The fact is when he has a bad run of form like he is now you can easily turn that around and call his languid style 'lazy'.

tl;dr has been good most of this season; a few bad games doesn't make a season
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 13:58]

yeah ok, I completely agree with everything you say here, but if your teammate tells you you made a big mistake and you know you did, and you know you're having a bad run of form, you don't go to him agitating your fists. Especially if that teammate is Dunne.
BAE on 16:16 - Feb 17 with 950 viewshoopdog

BAE on 14:31 - Feb 17 by Northernr

I know this may be terribly childish, and would be a very bad thing for our team morale, and would probably see us down to nine men, but I really want to see Dunne smack the arrogant fcker next time

That might be the best thing
The alternative thing is for H to drop him for 2-3 matches give someone who wans to pt the effort in a chance .
A free far post header ffs what the fark does wally do all week
BAE on 17:10 - Feb 17 with 913 viewsTheBlob

BAE on 14:31 - Feb 17 by Northernr

Yes,that is being childish.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

BAE on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 886 viewsFearless

BAE on 10:05 - Feb 17 by TheBlob

Sniff....snifff......can you smell it?Yup the definite whiff of Scapegoat.

Not childish?
BAE on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 883 viewsTheBlob

BAE on 17:53 - Feb 17 by Fearless

Not childish?

Nope.Childish is being a mindless sycophant.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 17:55]

BAE on 18:00 - Feb 17 with 876 viewsFearless

BAE on 17:53 - Feb 17 by TheBlob

Nope.Childish is being a mindless sycophant.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 17:55]

Brilliant

So, the majority on this thread have stated how well BAE was playing but that his form has dipped and he's argued with team mates when criticised

To you, that's looking for a scapegoat
BAE on 18:23 - Feb 17 with 860 viewsTheBlob

BAE on 18:00 - Feb 17 by Fearless

Brilliant

So, the majority on this thread have stated how well BAE was playing but that his form has dipped and he's argued with team mates when criticised

To you, that's looking for a scapegoat

Nope.Because the bad mistakes of others are constantly being glossed over in favour of "unpopular" individuals.I don't sunscribe to the brilliance of Barton but I do not constantly dig him out,nor do I constantly state Dunne is less mobile than the Albert Memorial but as long as he bares his teeth on the odd occasion then he's exempt from criticism.Or that Hill is as fast as a snail in a wheelchair.
It would be wrong to say that.
Apparently.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 18:25]

BAE on 18:29 - Feb 17 with 791 viewsFearless

BAE on 18:23 - Feb 17 by TheBlob

Nope.Because the bad mistakes of others are constantly being glossed over in favour of "unpopular" individuals.I don't sunscribe to the brilliance of Barton but I do not constantly dig him out,nor do I constantly state Dunne is less mobile than the Albert Memorial but as long as he bares his teeth on the odd occasion then he's exempt from criticism.Or that Hill is as fast as a snail in a wheelchair.
It would be wrong to say that.
Apparently.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 18:25]

Fair enough - though not sure BAE falls into the unpopular category until his form and reaction to criticism has changed recently.

For what it's worth, I've stated before that I think a dunn's form dipped at mills all and hasn't recovered.

If I was looking for a scapegoat, it's name would be Niko - don't think ive been so disappointed with a player That i was delighted we signed for a long time
BAE on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 785 viewsBklynRanger

BAE on 10:06 - Feb 17 by essextaxiboy

He has had some really good games since he arrived but lately his performances have dropped .

Probably bollix but I wonder if he expected to be recalled after AVB left and when the call didnt come he has lost interest...

I've wondered that. He did say something on his twitter or whatever around that time.
BAE on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 781 viewsTheBlob

BAE on 18:29 - Feb 17 by Fearless

Fair enough - though not sure BAE falls into the unpopular category until his form and reaction to criticism has changed recently.

For what it's worth, I've stated before that I think a dunn's form dipped at mills all and hasn't recovered.

If I was looking for a scapegoat, it's name would be Niko - don't think ive been so disappointed with a player That i was delighted we signed for a long time

You realise you've upset someone else now.

BAE on 18:41 - Feb 17 with 772 viewsscot1963

I've never been so pleased to sign (well loan) someone as when we got Assou-Ekotto, never thought he'd come to us in a million years, after watching him for some time at Spurs. Now it's a case of be careful what you wish for as he seems to come in for a load of flack and it's sad to read - and btw this was the second thread saying how shite he is as the other one had disappeared off the first page fairly quickly. Do you really think Harry plays someone, week in, week out, who has a stinky attitude - from all accounts this was his problem with Adel.

And for our very own unimpeachable moderator to wish for something that would put us at a distinct disadvantage ie 9 players - well yes that is childish. Just adding to the bollox that he has to trawl through every week (paraphrasing his words).

Irate in Penzance
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 18:46]
BAE on 18:50 - Feb 17 with 754 viewsFearless

BAE on 18:41 - Feb 17 by scot1963

I've never been so pleased to sign (well loan) someone as when we got Assou-Ekotto, never thought he'd come to us in a million years, after watching him for some time at Spurs. Now it's a case of be careful what you wish for as he seems to come in for a load of flack and it's sad to read - and btw this was the second thread saying how shite he is as the other one had disappeared off the first page fairly quickly. Do you really think Harry plays someone, week in, week out, who has a stinky attitude - from all accounts this was his problem with Adel.

And for our very own unimpeachable moderator to wish for something that would put us at a distinct disadvantage ie 9 players - well yes that is childish. Just adding to the bollox that he has to trawl through every week (paraphrasing his words).

Irate in Penzance
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 18:46]

Not sure I said BAE was shite - just that he'd cost us goals and reacted badly to "team mates" pointing this out to him.

And yes - I do think Arry would pick him week on week out, as Arry signed him - as opposed to Adel who he's moved on twice.

And as for Clive, I didn't support his comment, just pointed out that Blobs "childish" comment came from the same person who raised scapegoat as a theory in a "sniff sniff" manner

Oh well, bring on Saturday when I'm sure everything in the garden will be Rosie :)
BAE on 19:01 - Feb 17 with 740 viewspaulparker

he is ok nothing more nothing less, the way some posters on here go on about him you would think he was Roberto Carlos,
BAE is a legend in his own mind and for some on this MB to say he is our best ever LB need their heads & eyes examining but then they were probably the same people talking up Niko Kranjker as the second coming of Pele after his Barnsley Debut

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BAE on 19:32 - Feb 17 with 720 viewsTheBlob

BAE on 18:50 - Feb 17 by Fearless

Not sure I said BAE was shite - just that he'd cost us goals and reacted badly to "team mates" pointing this out to him.

And yes - I do think Arry would pick him week on week out, as Arry signed him - as opposed to Adel who he's moved on twice.

And as for Clive, I didn't support his comment, just pointed out that Blobs "childish" comment came from the same person who raised scapegoat as a theory in a "sniff sniff" manner

Oh well, bring on Saturday when I'm sure everything in the garden will be Rosie :)

So you're the arbiter of humour now are you?
I prefer to describe it as almost Swiftian criticism.
Childish is living in a bungalow a couple of inches up someone else's anus.

BAE on 20:32 - Feb 17 with 698 viewshoopdog

Not sure he's being sorted out to become a scapegoat he's a very talented player but his form dipped since the turn of the year , the fact that other don't seem to be putting in descent shift ie Kranjer Hoilet to name 2 of the most guilty imo does not excuse BAE from fair critical comment
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 20:41]
BAE on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 637 viewsPinnerPaul

BAE on 15:19 - Feb 17 by stowmarketrange

I'm not saying that he should have stopped the cross,but he was in the perfect position to see what was happening in our penalty area and should have tried to stop him getting a free header.He was the one facing the play.Everyone else was playng runaround.
BAE also had two players spare behind him,but they didn't the goal though did they?

You could say that about anyone in the team!

A cross from the right , headed in by the pen spot can't be blamed on the left back!

As someone said above, we love a scapegoat and BAE is perfect for that role.

BTW he doesn't want to go back to spurs.
BAE on 15:14 - Feb 18 with 596 viewsWestminsteRs

Agree with a few of the posters. Wish we'd get away from this idea that unless you're busting a gut to chase back and cover your own mistake you're a lazy, useless f@c ker. I'd concede that BAE has been poor for the last few games but the response to his lack of form is entirely different to when Clint Hill has a bad spell or when he is responsible for us shipping goals.

I have some concerns about BAE. For instance, I think he slows the play down too much on some occasions which, allied to our lack of pace and general dynamism, creates a pedestrian feel to our play. His first movement is always to come back on himself or come inside. But he is a good footballer. I don't think there's any coincidence that his lack of form and our poor performances have coincided with the loss of Simpson who provided solidity and pushed forward on the right hand side. Onuoha tried when he played there but his touch let him down. Hughes just hasn't got the capability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024