Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes Says Relax 19:40 - Mar 19 with 2993 viewsFredManRave

I'm just copying a few of Uncle Tonys tweets from today for those of you that haven't seen them. Should be read from top to bottom and with a shake of the head.

And when I'm back in April I'll have a special fans session. But I'm not buying beers. But be positive when u come. Hahahah

No one wants to lose. Last season was a disaster. Full stop. We have stopped the rot. Every year we will rebuild.

Look a leader stands behind his troops. Now is the time we should rally round Harry and the players.

Having a player Sent off after 30 mins ain't going to help anyone.

I stand by my players. Full stop and my manager.

In troubled times now is the time to stand behind your club manager and players.

The person who should be most depressed is me. But I am not. We are building and building. And we make mistakes and we learn.

Hahaha that's matty

We have Charlie Danny and later ale and marry to come back.

Who likes to lose. But come on guys. Stop blaming everyone. Let's stick together and do our best to get up.

Qpr fans. Being negative is so so wrong. We learn and we move. There are a few games left. So much to look forward to.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fernandes Says Relax on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 719 viewsPinnerPaul

Fernandes Says Relax on 10:58 - Mar 20 by Northernr

Yeh I think we missed our chance with that one just before the promotion when Flav and Bernie decided not to sign it over to him.

If he wanted it he'd have taken it by now, and we'd be far, far better off with him running it. But I think that ship has sailed now, and in fact he'll probably become less involved than more.

What we need is somebody here running the club full time. If TF can't do it, then somebody else in the consortium needs to step up.

Yes I agree, there was a confusing scene in the 4 yr plan where Amit and Flav seemed to have an amicable drink over the fact Amit/Mr Mittall were walking away - Amit has certainly come across as the man who can do no wrong but at the end of the day his and his father in laws commitment is limited I think.

I think (guess) Amit would be happy to run the club but his father in law doesn't want more than 30%.

Takes some leap of faith to expect an investor (or consortium) to take 70% and let someone else run it.

As can be seen around the leagues, once people put money in they want to run the club - not unreasonable I suppose but........ I think of horseracing where the owners own the horses, pay all the bills but let those who actually know something about racehorses - the trainers - get on with looking after the horse and making it successful.

If only a few football club owners did that, football clubs might be better run!
Fernandes Says Relax on 15:41 - Mar 20 with 707 viewsToast_R

Why aint he buying beers, he don't like those lukewarm 330ml bottles of Gnattsp*ss either then?
Fernandes Says Relax on 18:28 - Mar 20 with 672 viewsFredManRave

Fernandes Says Relax on 15:41 - Mar 20 by Toast_R

Why aint he buying beers, he don't like those lukewarm 330ml bottles of Gnattsp*ss either then?

He can't afford them.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fernandes Says Relax on 03:47 - Mar 21 with 626 viewstimcocking

So there seems to be loads of people who want/are trying to get Tony to leave us.

Am i missing something here? How will we be better off then? Maybe ask Flavio to come back and help us out? What do they think will actually happen then?

Is anybody seriously thinking Amit and Mittal will take over and pour their money into the club? Lmfao.
Fernandes Says Relax on 07:03 - Mar 21 with 611 viewshoopdog

If he can't bo it let someone else step in . What aload of crap ! Phil Beard was appointed to do the day to day
running of the club ok he's been piss poor TFs poor judgment likely , but blame P B while he's doing the job many people have and many will put the wrong man in charge ,
How many you people would put up with this shlt without saying get f....d and walk away
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 7:11]
Fernandes Says Relax on 15:16 - Mar 21 with 558 viewsSomersetHoops

If Phil Beard knew anything about running a football club then it wouldn't matter that TF was away most of the time. Anyway even when he's here or wherever I presume its still him that sanctions the money to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

If TF had said that's it, we can't afford to spend any more money on transfers or ridiculous wages, then we would have had to use what we had, including some of the youngsters we've sent to the far corners of the country on loan. I'm not sure how much worse results would have been, but we might have had more players in the team who actually care about QPR. It seems to me its that we are lacking with our current crop of mostly mercenary self serving individuals.

Who's Next?

Fernandes Says Relax on 15:50 - Mar 21 with 533 viewsMedwayR

Fernandes Says Relax on 03:47 - Mar 21 by timcocking

So there seems to be loads of people who want/are trying to get Tony to leave us.

Am i missing something here? How will we be better off then? Maybe ask Flavio to come back and help us out? What do they think will actually happen then?

Is anybody seriously thinking Amit and Mittal will take over and pour their money into the club? Lmfao.

I don't think people want Fernandes to leave, but just want the club to be run in a different way which may result in Fernandes giving someone else (Bhatia) more control over decisions.

Personally I'd rather Fernandes concentrated on the stadium, Warren Farm, commercial deals etc along with Beard as that's what they seem to be good at, and have Bhatia look after the football side of things, maybe even appointing someone like Saksena to work alongside Beard with clearly defined roles to avoid any conflict. It's just a different way of dividing up roles & responsibilities and who's accountable because at the moment it seems to be Fernandes making all the decisions and seemingly lacking strategy on the football side of things.

Poll: Who’s better?

Fernandes Says Relax on 16:05 - Mar 21 with 520 viewsIngham

It doesn't come out of nowhere.

He isn't being criticised for a record-breaking winning run in the Premiership. Marvellous football. Awesome achievements. Stunning results. Superb organisation. Clever signings. Or Record profits. People aren't hammering him for the latest in a series of masterstrokes.

If he can do it, no-one's stopping him. If he can't, why is here?

Supporters didn't bring him here, and supporters won't drive him out. The departure of any of the (so far non-existent) boardroom geniuses of QPR isn't down to the supporters, who have no say whatsoever in what Fernandes or his mates do.

Any more than it will be fault of those supporters who backed him if he turns out to be another disaster.

He'll please himself. Whether it is wise for him to criticise supporters for being negative when his regime has already DONE so much to the Club that is negative - record breaking losses, a record breaking run without a win, relegation - is another matter.

If he goes, it won't be because he has been criticised for making the Club too profitable, too successful, too popular, too well-supported, too brilliant in every way. If he is entitled to be critical about supporters in his tweets, they can be critical about him, the more especially since their loyalty is only to the Club, not to Fernandes.

A person in his position doesn't have to achieve success. We all know how difficult that is, even if he gives the impression that he hasn't the remotest idea. He might write off the Club's debt. Genuinely, I mean, not the Bhatia pretence that the Club is 'debt-free'.

That would earn him a lot of respect, especially as the people responsible for the losses usually just walk away without addressing them at all, and without leaving behind any corresponding increase in talent, earning power or achievement to justify them.

Fascinating topic, great posts. There wouldn't be anything to talk about at all without differences of opinion.

But why are football clubs run by people like Fernandes at all, the clowns of the game? Whose losses just on rising and rising.

Surely football clubs should be run by people with real talent. The players agents, and professional advisers like the PFA. They have seen the people THEY represent enriched over and over again, year in year out, without the slightest increase in in the number of successful teams, or successful players at all.

How is it they can be utterly useless, and still earn enormously profitable deals, with four year contracts, with no obligation at all on them to actually EARN the money they're paid? While the Clubs must pick up the tab over and over again for the sheer incompetence of THEIR 'representatives'.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes Says Relax on 18:29 - Mar 21 with 492 viewshoopdog

Fernandes Says Relax on 15:16 - Mar 21 by SomersetHoops

If Phil Beard knew anything about running a football club then it wouldn't matter that TF was away most of the time. Anyway even when he's here or wherever I presume its still him that sanctions the money to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

If TF had said that's it, we can't afford to spend any more money on transfers or ridiculous wages, then we would have had to use what we had, including some of the youngsters we've sent to the far corners of the country on loan. I'm not sure how much worse results would have been, but we might have had more players in the team who actually care about QPR. It seems to me its that we are lacking with our current crop of mostly mercenary self serving individuals.

Agree mainly with that about the squad seeming lack of effort or loyalty
but none of us know if any of our youngsters out on loan are really good enough do we ?
Talking of P B not doing very well be fair to T F he did say he's still learning give him credit for that
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 18:30]
Fernandes Says Relax on 06:20 - Mar 22 with 437 viewswood_hoop

Fernandes Says Relax on 16:05 - Mar 21 by Ingham

It doesn't come out of nowhere.

He isn't being criticised for a record-breaking winning run in the Premiership. Marvellous football. Awesome achievements. Stunning results. Superb organisation. Clever signings. Or Record profits. People aren't hammering him for the latest in a series of masterstrokes.

If he can do it, no-one's stopping him. If he can't, why is here?

Supporters didn't bring him here, and supporters won't drive him out. The departure of any of the (so far non-existent) boardroom geniuses of QPR isn't down to the supporters, who have no say whatsoever in what Fernandes or his mates do.

Any more than it will be fault of those supporters who backed him if he turns out to be another disaster.

He'll please himself. Whether it is wise for him to criticise supporters for being negative when his regime has already DONE so much to the Club that is negative - record breaking losses, a record breaking run without a win, relegation - is another matter.

If he goes, it won't be because he has been criticised for making the Club too profitable, too successful, too popular, too well-supported, too brilliant in every way. If he is entitled to be critical about supporters in his tweets, they can be critical about him, the more especially since their loyalty is only to the Club, not to Fernandes.

A person in his position doesn't have to achieve success. We all know how difficult that is, even if he gives the impression that he hasn't the remotest idea. He might write off the Club's debt. Genuinely, I mean, not the Bhatia pretence that the Club is 'debt-free'.

That would earn him a lot of respect, especially as the people responsible for the losses usually just walk away without addressing them at all, and without leaving behind any corresponding increase in talent, earning power or achievement to justify them.

Fascinating topic, great posts. There wouldn't be anything to talk about at all without differences of opinion.

But why are football clubs run by people like Fernandes at all, the clowns of the game? Whose losses just on rising and rising.

Surely football clubs should be run by people with real talent. The players agents, and professional advisers like the PFA. They have seen the people THEY represent enriched over and over again, year in year out, without the slightest increase in in the number of successful teams, or successful players at all.

How is it they can be utterly useless, and still earn enormously profitable deals, with four year contracts, with no obligation at all on them to actually EARN the money they're paid? While the Clubs must pick up the tab over and over again for the sheer incompetence of THEIR 'representatives'.

Nail on head......

It seems that instead of players being the 'heroes' of the game the directors and those they choose to put at the helm are to be put on pedestals and hero worshiped judging by some of the comments in regard TF.

I can't deny he is a 'champion' at pissing away millions and millions of pounds on absolutely zero accomplishment, in comparison when the banks did the same on hiring overpaid talentless, brainless speculaters they were castigated as the devil's offspring, and the only difference so far is who will eventually pick up the bill.
Fernandes Says Relax on 08:30 - Mar 22 with 407 viewstimcocking

Fernandes Says Relax on 06:20 - Mar 22 by wood_hoop

Nail on head......

It seems that instead of players being the 'heroes' of the game the directors and those they choose to put at the helm are to be put on pedestals and hero worshiped judging by some of the comments in regard TF.

I can't deny he is a 'champion' at pissing away millions and millions of pounds on absolutely zero accomplishment, in comparison when the banks did the same on hiring overpaid talentless, brainless speculaters they were castigated as the devil's offspring, and the only difference so far is who will eventually pick up the bill.

You have missed the point. I don't think the fact that Tony has frittered a fair amount of money with plenty of poor decisions is up for debate. I don't recall anybody saying otherwise.

I think what some people are worrying about, but being drowned out as usual by the more vociferous amongst us, is are we really so certain we'd be better off if Tony Fernandes pulls out now? I'm just imagining the torrent of abuse he must be getting daily. Not judging whether it's justified or not, but i certainly wouldn't want it. I get enough abuse on here myself and i never signed Bosingwa for millions.

But if i was trying my best and everything kept going wrong and i was receiving constant abuse for spending a fortune and busting a gut for the club, i'd be off pronto. If Tony has any sense, he'll do the same.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 8:52]
Fernandes Says Relax on 09:03 - Mar 22 with 388 views08olesen

Fernandes Says Relax on 02:29 - Mar 20 by timcocking

What's wrong with this? Trying to be positive is bad? I just don't understand some of you at all.

If i was him, i'd think fck this and pull out.

Agreed. No idea why people arge angry at this... I reckon they would prefer him to be a w@nker like britaore.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Fernandes Says Relax on 12:34 - Mar 22 with 334 viewsIngham

Prefer TF to be more like Briatore? Haha, I think tThey're just relieved that Briatore wasn't more like TF. If that were the case, losses would be £350 million, not £177 million.

But maybe it just isn't clear to his critics what the points in his favour are.

That he did brilliantly? Hardly. That nobody expected him to do brilliantly, and he fulfilled their expectations, so what is everyone complaining about? Hardly that, either.

If anyone should be positive, shouldn't it be TF? Winning is positive, losing isn't. We spent two years in the top flight losing. Why wasn't he more positive? Why didn't he win?

Winning the title is positive, relegation is negative. TF took the Club down. Why wasn't he more positive? Surely it IS positive to be critical of negative things like that. Should the supporters welcome them?

There's no end of it. Making money is positive. Losing £177 million is negative. In the accounts, the negative achievements are in the red, the positive in the black. Why wasn't TF more positive? Why didn't he clear the existing (RELATIVELY small debt), instead of doubling it, then doubling it AGAIN? Losses are negative, profits are positive.

Where are the profits? Why isn't he more positive?

And there's more. He believes, or says he believes, that 'cheapest always wins'. Does THAT explain why we did so badly? Did he really believe that 'cheapest always wins' was a suitable maxim for a Premiership football club? Is that how it actually works?

If that is how he runs his (successful) airline, why is he running the football club in so radically different a fashion?

Do we have the cheapest tickets in this division? Why didn't we have the cheapest tickets in the Premiership? That would have been welcomed as a very positive gesture.

Didn't do that either. There are reasons why, I'm sure. There are always reasons for behaving negatively.

Though not necessarily good ones.
Fernandes Says Relax on 12:36 - Mar 22 with 332 viewsTHEBUSH

Fernandes Says Relax on 09:03 - Mar 22 by 08olesen

Agreed. No idea why people arge angry at this... I reckon they would prefer him to be a w@nker like britaore.

The thing is some of our fans think they know better and if they ran our club everything would be hunky dory
Fernandes Says Relax on 14:48 - Mar 22 with 295 viewsDylanP

Fernandes Says Relax on 07:03 - Mar 21 by hoopdog

If he can't bo it let someone else step in . What aload of crap ! Phil Beard was appointed to do the day to day
running of the club ok he's been piss poor TFs poor judgment likely , but blame P B while he's doing the job many people have and many will put the wrong man in charge ,
How many you people would put up with this shlt without saying get f....d and walk away
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 7:11]

It is good that you have such insight into the day=to-day running of the club.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024