Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing your own players 21:34 - Mar 20 with 2929 viewsYorkRanger

It's just wrong.

O Neill was getting slaughtered by a bloke next to me on Tuesday. How does that help? Yes he was sh1te, but he wasn't alone and no one could say he wasn't trying.

Keane has been getting stick, but he is a young lad trying to play in a role not suited to his game.

It just seems so counter productive. Does it make people feel better targeting a player.

Seems to have always been common at Rangers - Ernie Howe always sticks in my mind.

Thoughts?
Booing your own players on 21:39 - Mar 20 with 2257 viewsHollowayRanger

they use to boo furlong

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Booing your own players on 21:42 - Mar 20 with 2245 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Keane thing is a new low.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Booing your own players on 21:45 - Mar 20 with 2236 viewsQPR442

Agree booing your own players is very low. I don't like BZ and think he is a waste of space. I hate it when I see him come on or start but I would never boo him.
Every player wants to win but sadly football is a skill and with skills they can sometimes let you down.
We have all had bad days whatever we do and it's one of those things but booing your own players is stupid even if they are cr#p.
Booing your own players on 22:14 - Mar 20 with 2176 viewskingsburyR

Never have, never will!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Booing your own players on 22:22 - Mar 20 with 2160 viewsYorkRanger

Booing your own players on 21:42 - Mar 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree Brian. Out of the game for a year. Asked to do an unfamiliar job when all our options are exhausted then cheered off to be replaced by BZ.

Wrong on all levels whether he is our player or not...
Booing your own players on 22:43 - Mar 20 with 2122 viewsloftboy

Highbury 1989, some bloke booed Colin Clarke as he warmed up, I told him to "shut up as his confidence won't get any better being barracked",his reply was "I go every week I can if I want",at the time I also went to every game and duly pointed this out, he said "bollocks I've never seen you on the supporters club coaches", I said "no I drive myself and won't use the supporters club as it's full of vvankers like you," we ended up with our hands round each others throats. Closest I've come to fisticuffs at football and it was with a fellow fan!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Booing your own players on 22:47 - Mar 20 with 2115 viewsYorkRanger

Booing your own players on 22:43 - Mar 20 by loftboy

Highbury 1989, some bloke booed Colin Clarke as he warmed up, I told him to "shut up as his confidence won't get any better being barracked",his reply was "I go every week I can if I want",at the time I also went to every game and duly pointed this out, he said "bollocks I've never seen you on the supporters club coaches", I said "no I drive myself and won't use the supporters club as it's full of vvankers like you," we ended up with our hands round each others throats. Closest I've come to fisticuffs at football and it was with a fellow fan!

Commendable...
Booing your own players on 23:04 - Mar 20 with 2086 viewsconnell10

ive got no problem with booing our own players, its the way it is at rangers and it aint gonna change!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Booing your own players on 23:42 - Mar 20 with 2045 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Booing your own players on 23:04 - Mar 20 by connell10

ive got no problem with booing our own players, its the way it is at rangers and it aint gonna change!

It doesn't help things though does it.
Booing your own players on 23:43 - Mar 20 with 2042 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I don't boo our own players however crap or full of discontent they may be. If I don't like them I don't cheer or clap them etc but don't boo your own!
Booing your own players on 00:18 - Mar 21 with 1999 viewsHunterhoop

Booing your own players on 21:42 - Mar 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't get the Keane thing. I just don't think he's all that bad.

I prefer the gallows humour/ironic joking amongst friends nearby. Outright booing should be reserved for the special few who deserve it, whether they play for us or not. Bosingwa, being the prime example.

Paul Furlong is my favourite ever QPR player. I love the man. In spite of the Chelsea background I didn't get the vitriol at the time he signed, when, in my view it was clear he was class (if out of form). Got proved right pretty soon. LOVED the man. Maybe not the most talented but the epitome of what a CF should be.
Booing your own players on 00:24 - Mar 21 with 1997 viewsRangersAreBack

Jesuss wept, this topic has been done to death. I defy anyone who reckons Bosingwa didn't deserve to be boo'd.
Booing your own players on 01:41 - Mar 21 with 1960 viewsSydneyRs

As mentioned its nothing new. David Bardsley used to get untold stick when he started at QPR before ending up one of our most fondly rememebred players. Another one who copped it greatly in his early days was Martin Allen.
Booing your own players on 08:08 - Mar 21 with 1899 viewsPommyhoop

Mickey Leach got absolute dog's as did Tony Sealy.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Booing your own players on 08:51 - Mar 21 with 1868 viewstoboboly

I don't boo at grounds. However I stalk Chris Barker and Matt Hill and boo them as they do their shopping.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Booing your own players on 08:55 - Mar 21 with 1863 viewsPommyhoop

Booing should be left at the Panto unless its for Mark Hughes ,Harry Redknapp, Vinnie Jones and Alan Mullery. Dont boo players..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Booing your own players on 09:13 - Mar 21 with 1837 viewsToast_R

I wouldn't do that to any of our lot no matter how infuriating their performance is.

Not even Jermaine Jenas but then I wouldn't say Boo to a Ghost...

I Thank Youw
Booing your own players on 09:26 - Mar 21 with 1822 viewspaulparker

Booing your own players on 22:43 - Mar 20 by loftboy

Was that the game Loftboy were Falco put us one up with a scuffed shot ?
recall the QPR fans giving Adams untold stick with the donkey chants only for said Donkey to get 2 headers in the last 5 minutes, typical Rangers

on the subject of booing I never have but feel more inclined these days to get more worked up watching it on the box then I do live, strange
anyway im sure Barker got plenty in the early days

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Booing your own players on 09:51 - Mar 21 with 1798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pointing out that some of our ex-players got booed but went on to do well is akin to the line that 'getting beaten up by the teachers di'nt do me any 'arm'.

That you survived doesn't make the expereince a healthy one. In a shipwreck the sharks can't eat everyone. Doesn't mean sharks are good for our well being.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Booing your own players on 09:53 - Mar 21 with 1796 viewsloftboy

Booing your own players on 09:26 - Mar 21 by paulparker

Was that the game Loftboy were Falco put us one up with a scuffed shot ?
recall the QPR fans giving Adams untold stick with the donkey chants only for said Donkey to get 2 headers in the last 5 minutes, typical Rangers

on the subject of booing I never have but feel more inclined these days to get more worked up watching it on the box then I do live, strange
anyway im sure Barker got plenty in the early days

May of been 88, think it was one of Tony Roberts first games and he was like a Rabbit caught in headlights, we lost 3-0.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Booing your own players on 10:18 - Mar 21 with 1776 viewsTHEBUSH

Booing players is normal, it's the personal abuse thing that's wrong.

Some fans go over the top, to say the least and scream personal abuse at certain players.

Imo, most of those fans are cowards, coz they wouldn't say it face to face to a player.
Booing your own players on 10:51 - Mar 21 with 1752 viewsfrancisbowles

Booing your own players on 10:18 - Mar 21 by THEBUSH

Booing players is normal, it's the personal abuse thing that's wrong.

Some fans go over the top, to say the least and scream personal abuse at certain players.

Imo, most of those fans are cowards, coz they wouldn't say it face to face to a player.

It starts off with the booing and then evolves into comments that would get the people who made them locked up or sacked from work if they made them in a different environment!

It has got worse over the years?

Why is acceptable at football? Why is nothing done about it?
Booing your own players on 10:56 - Mar 21 with 1746 viewsTacticalR

Always Do the Right Thing.

Air hostess clique

Booing your own players on 13:37 - Mar 21 with 1674 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Watching football is an emotional event. I dont boo players, mainly because it just sounds, well silly. However if a player is playing sh!t, then sometimes the emotion and the spur of the moment kick in and I may well shout you are f###ing sh¡t and its nobody elses business other than mine. Does it do the player any good? Probably not but as I say its all about emotion and when I have traveled 160 miles spend christ knows how much, ill say and do whatever I want to. Like I say its all about emotion, and if you take that out of football then you will have something like tennis!
Anyway, the modern day footballer probably hears the boo's and thinks f##k you. After the match Im getting in my mercedes, driving to my massive crib and shagging my model bint. Then at the end of the month ill check my bank balance to make sure my 200 k has cleared!
Booing your own players on 13:42 - Mar 21 with 1665 viewsClive_Anderson

I dunno, when a player clearly can't be @rsed and is taking the piss out of the club for millions (yes millions) then I think they might well deserve it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024