Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves 20:23 - Aug 19 with 10391 viewsgr1

2-0 down already!

Very poor - game over.

Wolves on 09:27 - Aug 20 with 2865 viewsDylanP

Wolves on 07:43 - Aug 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, give him a break, lads. We've all expressed similar thoughts at one stage or another down the years, and probably more than once.

He without the first sin shouldn't throw stones in a lighthouse, or something.

NO. No breaks. Who goes on a QPR message board and posts that, less than 30 minutes into a game?

2-0 down is when fans need to be fans the most. We all know that 2-0 down is a deep hole to climb out of. We don't need some negative tw*t coming in and sticking the knife in even deeper.

I sometimes think that some of our own fans relish bad things happening to us just so they can jump on the message board and gleefully say "I told you so". Those same moaning minies never seem to be around when good things happen. Notice that this bloke hasn't been back since to put his hand up and say "whoops".

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Wolves on 17:00 - Aug 20 with 2764 viewsIngham

Yes, a bit premature, that! But after years of false optimism that almost invariably proved to be premature, there's nothing unusual in premature at QPR.

And it is 2-0 down in half an hour that is negative, not his anger and disappointment. Supporter angst, like supporter delight, mirrors what is going on with the Club. It isn't phoney, like so much that goes on around QPR.

If it's excusable for them to get it so badly wrong for part of the game, surely it's okay for him, too.

And whether it is true to say that their shortcomings provoked his response or not, certainly it was nothing he did that provoked their early collapse. it wasn't his negativity that put us 2-0 down in half an hour, it was theirs.

If he responded that way about the recovery, and the three goals that won us the game, that would have been bizarre. If they want us to believe that they're never out of a game, why don't they give us that impression more often. This may indicate good times ahead. In which case, we won't see them disgrace the manager and the Club this season the way they did at the end of the last one, with their appalling capitulations against City and Leicester.

We are past masters at not retrieving matches when it is perfectly possible to do so. To say that results like this show what we can do makes it all the more infuriating that they do it so rarely. It is a new season, of course, but so were all the others.

The players owe the Club a lot more than he owes them, and
I'm sure he'll be the first to proclaim their talents and their triumphs when we finally see them. Usually, the players don't stick around long enough to make much difference one way or the other, while the supporters are still waiting decade upon decade.

If we shouldn't judge them until the fat lady sings, then we shouldn't judge him.

Anything else will be premature, don't you think?
Wolves on 17:06 - Aug 20 with 2750 viewsJAPRANGERS

Wolves on 17:00 - Aug 20 by Ingham

Yes, a bit premature, that! But after years of false optimism that almost invariably proved to be premature, there's nothing unusual in premature at QPR.

And it is 2-0 down in half an hour that is negative, not his anger and disappointment. Supporter angst, like supporter delight, mirrors what is going on with the Club. It isn't phoney, like so much that goes on around QPR.

If it's excusable for them to get it so badly wrong for part of the game, surely it's okay for him, too.

And whether it is true to say that their shortcomings provoked his response or not, certainly it was nothing he did that provoked their early collapse. it wasn't his negativity that put us 2-0 down in half an hour, it was theirs.

If he responded that way about the recovery, and the three goals that won us the game, that would have been bizarre. If they want us to believe that they're never out of a game, why don't they give us that impression more often. This may indicate good times ahead. In which case, we won't see them disgrace the manager and the Club this season the way they did at the end of the last one, with their appalling capitulations against City and Leicester.

We are past masters at not retrieving matches when it is perfectly possible to do so. To say that results like this show what we can do makes it all the more infuriating that they do it so rarely. It is a new season, of course, but so were all the others.

The players owe the Club a lot more than he owes them, and
I'm sure he'll be the first to proclaim their talents and their triumphs when we finally see them. Usually, the players don't stick around long enough to make much difference one way or the other, while the supporters are still waiting decade upon decade.

If we shouldn't judge them until the fat lady sings, then we shouldn't judge him.

Anything else will be premature, don't you think?

Mr Ingham you write some excellent thought provoking posts. Please keep them coming!
Wolves on 18:09 - Aug 20 with 2705 views18StoneOfHoop

Dear Mr Ingham, I doff my cap to my elder,wiser and better. As much as the next thinking-man patient not knee-jerkLFW punter,I too am an avid connoisseur of your uniquely seeing-things-in-the-historical-round left-field entertaining and old-fashioned lengthy mighty prolix verbose posts.( A bit like that over-loaded adjective heavy sentence,eh?) I too was amazed by your pithy,brief and to the point 10 word post on last night's match thread. Versatile.

It's not gr1's natural fan despair response that I can't understand or empathise with. It's the unnecessary flouncy rubbing in of fellow fans noses in it that I condemn.

I'll admit when R's went 2-0 down last night I had a 49 year-old hissy fit wee tantrum and turned Radio 5 Live off immediately and left a message for a Bees good pal of mine not to phone me about R's later 'cos they were going to get a 5-0 merciless spanking, no question. Oh me of little faith.

It's the sharing of that personal pain with others which acts as a knowing,concious incendiary wind-up that irks me (and many other punters too ..just check the up arrows). Those facile 6 words,one exclamation mark and 2 numerals don't really do much for anyone,do they? As Dylan points out it's pretty damning that the OP hasn't revisited this thread.

Ingham,I think the one thing you can't call coach Ramsey is a phoney. That is one of his greatest attributes in my book that he is so honest, the complete refreshing antithesis of can't help himself inveterate bullspitter, phoney Harry Redknapp.

Likewise let supporters criticise Tony Fernandes for many many things,if so minded, but the one thing he most obviously is not is a phoney. It's his naive enthusiastic candour that's the problem.

Come on back to this thread gr1 all is forgiven as BrianMcCarthy compassionately wrote:
"Ah, give him a break, lads. We've all expressed similar thoughts at one stage or another down the years, and probably more than once. Let he who is without sin smash up a lighthouse."
Would like to see if gr1 comes back he would go down the fulsome humble apology road or the belligerent stand-by-what-I-said, fook ew lot route in his response.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2015 18:14]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Wolves on 19:41 - Aug 20 with 2638 viewsSomersetHoops

History of the game:-

1-0 Disappointment

2-0 Despair we could lose this 4 - 0

2-1 Hope well done Charlie keep at it

2-2 Encouragement well played Matt. Fear we won't keep it that way

3-2 Elation
Worry there is still time for them to score 2
Tension well saved Greeno
Nervous we could really do with another goal

FT Unexpected happiness is always the best kind

Who's Next?

Wolves on 19:55 - Aug 20 with 2601 viewskensalriser

Internet pitchfork massive!

Exactly who thought we weren't going on to get a proper stuffing at 2-0 down?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wolves on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 2590 viewsgr1

Can't believe the amount of posts generated by my comment.

I am a very bad loser where Rangers are concerned and love them more than any of you could ever comprehend. A comment posted out of sheer anger!

Since watching my first game in 1967 I've seen more than my fair share of heartbreaks and let downs as well as some truly unforgettable highs.

I apologise!
Wolves on 20:26 - Aug 20 with 2568 views18StoneOfHoop

Wolves on 20:12 - Aug 20 by gr1

I am a very bad loser where Rangers are concerned and love them more than any of you could ever comprehend. A comment posted out of sheer anger!

Since watching my first game in 1967 I've seen more than my fair share of heartbreaks and let downs as well as some truly unforgettable highs.

I apologise!

Good Hoops man yourself,gr1.

You've proved yourself the bigger man.

Brian's right, we've all been there.

As it says in LSA Luke chapter 15 Verse 7:

"Truly I say unto you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repenteth than over ninety-nine red balloon righteous persons who do not need to repent."

[Post edited 20 Aug 2015 20:32]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves on 20:33 - Aug 20 with 2538 viewsCHUBBS

Wolves on 20:26 - Aug 20 by 18StoneOfHoop

Good Hoops man yourself,gr1.

You've proved yourself the bigger man.

Brian's right, we've all been there.

As it says in LSA Luke chapter 15 Verse 7:

"Truly I say unto you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repenteth than over ninety-nine red balloon righteous persons who do not need to repent."

[Post edited 20 Aug 2015 20:32]

No need to apologize mate.
There are some cyber bullies around who like to call you names but wouldn't have the bollox to confront you face to face.
We all get the raving hump at times and need a release.
They'll be plenty of dummies spat out before the season ends.
Wolves on 20:43 - Aug 20 with 2495 viewsgr1

Cheers for the last two posts guys.
Wolves on 01:40 - Aug 21 with 2368 viewsIngham

JAPRANGER, do you live there, and if so, are you a local or an exile?

And 18Stone, certainly nothing about Fernandes convinces me at all, and I'm not the only one - but you think otherwise, and you're not the only one, either, so - vive la difference! But it was a general point, and I didn't have Ramsey in mind.

Sure, there is something phoney about managers and players earning so little for the Club, precisely, at least in part, because they perform so badly, and at the same time earning so much for themselves that the Club loses hundreds of millions keeping them in the style to which they're accustomed. It is understandable that they carrying on performing badly and pocketing the cash, but it doesn't make it admirable, and explains why they so often get terrible stick from supporters.

Once upon a time a player challenged the retain and transfer system and the maximum wage in the Courts and won, on the basis that it was, as the judge said, slavery.

Maybe one day a Chairman worth his salt (wow, low flying pigs, well I never) will challenge they way the Clubs are getting screwed by people who always seem more than capable of making money for themselves, arriving rich and leaving rich, while QPR never makes a penny out of any of them, even when it was getting unprecedented sums in the tens of millions just for being in the Premiership.

All grist to the mill in good discussions like this, of course.
Wolves on 02:53 - Aug 21 with 2328 viewsJAPRANGERS

Wolves on 01:40 - Aug 21 by Ingham

And 18Stone, certainly nothing about Fernandes convinces me at all, and I'm not the only one - but you think otherwise, and you're not the only one, either, so - vive la difference! But it was a general point, and I didn't have Ramsey in mind.

Sure, there is something phoney about managers and players earning so little for the Club, precisely, at least in part, because they perform so badly, and at the same time earning so much for themselves that the Club loses hundreds of millions keeping them in the style to which they're accustomed. It is understandable that they carrying on performing badly and pocketing the cash, but it doesn't make it admirable, and explains why they so often get terrible stick from supporters.

Once upon a time a player challenged the retain and transfer system and the maximum wage in the Courts and won, on the basis that it was, as the judge said, slavery.

Maybe one day a Chairman worth his salt (wow, low flying pigs, well I never) will challenge they way the Clubs are getting screwed by people who always seem more than capable of making money for themselves, arriving rich and leaving rich, while QPR never makes a penny out of any of them, even when it was getting unprecedented sums in the tens of millions just for being in the Premiership.

Well, I'm a London born dude exiled here for over 18 years, married to a Japanese lady with a couple of kids. Thus I think I'll be here until death comes a knocking! So I can only get to see a mere handful of games in the flesh when I make trips to Blighty.

LFW is a superb site for me as I can catch up on all that's going on as far as QPR are concerned. Clive's articles and posts like yours and Neil's are great because they are very intelligently written and full of interest. Cheers!
Wolves on 08:20 - Aug 21 with 2255 viewsElHoop

Wolves on 01:40 - Aug 21 by Ingham

I think that quite a lot of clubs are run by people who make money out of owning them. Man Utd's owners have pretty much paid for buying the club out of the club's profits. Of course it would be better if more clubs were run in a more businesslike manner, but reinstating the maximum wage wouldn't help for instance. You have to be careful what you wish for. If the wages were far lower do you seriously think that tickets and Sky subs would be any cheaper? I think that the big clubs would be worth billions as their profits would be huge. If it's a choice between players being paid too much and owners coining in billions then give it to the players any day of the week. Not much of a choice admittedly.
Wolves on 08:28 - Aug 21 with 2240 viewsLadbrokeR

Wolves on 19:41 - Aug 20 by SomersetHoops

History of the game:-

1-0 Disappointment

2-0 Despair we could lose this 4 - 0

2-1 Hope well done Charlie keep at it

2-2 Encouragement well played Matt. Fear we won't keep it that way

3-2 Elation
Worry there is still time for them to score 2
Tension well saved Greeno
Nervous we could really do with another goal

FT Unexpected happiness is always the best kind

2-3 Elation

Firstly i didn't go. I watched the highlights and i'm delighted that we won but far from impressed. At best it's granted CR a bit of bail with the haters. More importantly it's given us a platform to build on.
Wolves on 08:28 - Aug 21 with 2239 viewsessextaxiboy

I apologise!

Why start a new thread ? If you had put it on the match thread it may have not got the attention .
Wolves on 08:46 - Aug 21 with 2039 viewsTheBlob

It is often pleasant to stone a martyr no matter how much we admire him.
--John Barth--

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Wolves on 10:50 - Aug 21 with 1964 viewsthemodfather

2-0 down and yes, it looked like we would be hammered, our defence again leaking.....but we seem a different option going forwards and yes, i'd have happily taken 2-2....but to win 3-2 ( i went to bed at 2-0 and knew the score by bbc sport via phone) was marvellous.....
2 conceded is a theme in league games....
0-2, 2-2, 3-2.....
well done the team, ramsey ( yes ramsey) and all who went...
Wolves on 16:59 - Aug 22 with 1862 viewsDylanP

I apologise!

Fair enough mate. Good post. It is hard not to get frustrated with QPR at times, that is a fact.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024