Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Clueless' Ramsey 09:37 - Oct 26 with 4362 viewsJordanFoster

Fantastic pieces on here from Antti and Clive, couldn't agree more with both. The thing that gets me the most about the whole Ramsey-out-brigade is the 'clueless' comments.

On Saturday after the substitution, the hoards of fans off their seats screaming with such venom about how clueless he was. This is a guy that has worked in nearly every age group with England, before he came in at Spurs they had only really produced Ledley King. Now admittedly, not all of them still play for Spurs, but to see the likes of Harry Kane, Andros Townsend, Tom Carroll, Jake Livermore, Steven Caulker and Nabil Bentaleb. King and Bentaleb have both said he's one of the best coaches they've worked with in football.

Most of the players brought through are internationals now let alone club regulars. He has a masters degree, holds his UEFA pro license along with 10 other diplomas and qualifications. He was a scout for Kevin Keegan when he was England manager and he's even one of the assessors to get your pro license coaching badge - in other words he sets the test! (He failed AVB at the first time of asking).

I'm all for people having an opinion, it's what makes the game so good. But perhaps there's a way to voice opinions.

For instance Fat Dave in R block, who used to get the odd run out for the Dog and Duck and has taken Bognor to the Champions League on Football Manager, screaming in anger about Luongo coming off instead of being dropped into a holding midfield role and therefore Ramsey is out of his depth. All this fantasy football and FIFA has gone to people's heads.

Sometimes, you've got to think maybe the manager does know more. If he had taken Henry off instead and Rangers had won but conceded he would have been bollocked for that. No one, unless I'm mistaken has seen Luongo play a holding midfield role, in my eyes he isn't cut out to play in the Championship yet in that role.

Just to go back on what others have said on JET, he was released from a L1 club, blew hot and cold etc. But he also wasn't a forward, certainly not a lone striker, the change in him since the start of the year is astonishing. He's the main focal point of attacks now, he works hard off the ball, wins his fair share in the air and can drop deep or pin defenders. Nowhere near enough credit has been given for this. Before his goal on Saturday Rangers were trudging along a bit going through the motions, but not for the first time this year a moment of individual genius (Phillips v Wolves, Chery v Bolton etc) has given Rangers momentum. Not many managers in the Championship encourage attacking players to play with such flair.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 9:40]
'Clueless' Ramsey on 09:56 - Oct 26 with 3527 viewsPommyhoop

''Claire,, Bring me that bag of popcorn love.This is going to get interesting.''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:03 - Oct 26 with 3505 viewsozexile

Totally agree that he's qualified. But he hasn't shown that he can assess a game while its in progress and change it accordingly. West ham last season for example. I do think we're better off with him in some capacity.
'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:04 - Oct 26 with 3499 viewsadhoc_qpr

I don't think these kind of threads are helpful.

If Ramsey makes a mistake (or perceived mistake) or we are dreadful and lose, we get 'Ramsey is clueless' threads.

If we win, we get 'Ramsey isn't clueless because of x'' threads. Both are equally one eyed.

Can't we just all accept that there are good and bad things about Ramsey and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and their own expectations?
'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:07 - Oct 26 with 3493 viewsLadbrokeR

I will put my head above the parapet. First and foremost on the basis of available evidence i am not convinced by Ramsay. Although continual choruses of you don't know what you're doing only exacerbate things. I am well aware of how well qualified Ramsay is and his proven track record of nuturing talent. With fear of stating the obvious a home win against MK dons and a draw against Sheffield Wednesday does not a transformation make. I don't think anybody is really claiming to be a manager but don't run away with the taken for granted assumption that they always know best.
'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:11 - Oct 26 with 3482 viewsqprxtc

I'm amazed that no one has called him 'tactically naive'. The all encompassing phrase that means absolutely bugger all.
'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:13 - Oct 26 with 3476 viewsTheBlob

I don't think you're giving the players enough credit.They are capable of autonomous thought,not everything is directed by a puppet master.You chuck enough experienced players on a park and they'll come up with the goods by themselves,you can overdo the coaching.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:18 - Oct 26 with 3436 viewsPommyhoop

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:13 - Oct 26 by TheBlob

I don't think you're giving the players enough credit.They are capable of autonomous thought,not everything is directed by a puppet master.You chuck enough experienced players on a park and they'll come up with the goods by themselves,you can overdo the coaching.

Nice impersonation Blob.It would be blinding if you stuck your head out of a Land Rover window and said it.

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:22 - Oct 26 with 3426 viewsTheBlob

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:18 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

Nice impersonation Blob.It would be blinding if you stuck your head out of a Land Rover window and said it.

That will be £3million pounds please.
I already have the Land Rover.

Login to get fewer ads

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:26 - Oct 26 with 3421 viewsdaveB

Whilst I agree the stick Ramsey has got is over the top I do think he's made several poor decisions this season especially with his use of subs and no matter how many qualifications he has when he makes several poor choices eventually he'll get some stick
'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:32 - Oct 26 with 3403 viewsessextaxiboy

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:13 - Oct 26 by TheBlob

With hindsight , that was the Redknapp method .

*edit* Just seen Poms post
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 10:33]
'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:35 - Oct 26 with 3389 viewsessextaxiboy

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:22 - Oct 26 by TheBlob

That will be £3million pounds please.
I already have the Land Rover.

I am just getting into old Land Rovers

I fancy buying one , having a go at those 4x 4 trial things and then restoring it when I retire .

1960 , same age as me is what I am thinking .
'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:49 - Oct 26 with 3357 viewsTheBlob

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:35 - Oct 26 by essextaxiboy

I am just getting into old Land Rovers

I fancy buying one , having a go at those 4x 4 trial things and then restoring it when I retire .

1960 , same age as me is what I am thinking .

They're getting a tad expensive now,the old ones.

'Clueless' Ramsey on 11:12 - Oct 26 with 3307 viewsJordanFoster

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:03 - Oct 26 by ozexile

Totally agree that he's qualified. But he hasn't shown that he can assess a game while its in progress and change it accordingly. West ham last season for example. I do think we're better off with him in some capacity.

For that one example of West Ham, you could use Saturday's game as the polar opposite. 0-0, makes subs and final result is a resounding win.
'Clueless' Ramsey on 12:27 - Oct 26 with 3211 viewsTacticalR

'Clueless' Ramsey on 10:18 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

Just go out and enjoy yourselves lads.

Air hostess clique

'Clueless' Ramsey on 12:34 - Oct 26 with 3191 viewssimmo

Fundementally I agree with this post, I do though think that there is an obvious difference between coaching and management. Some of the best coaches in the game seem to struggle as managers (Alan Irvine is someone we talked about at the weekend as an example of this). Similarly some of the best and most successful 'managers' don't get involved in the training ground stuff at all.

Listing a wealth of qualifications in one area doesn't mean you're going to be especially good at the other, although it's obvious that some aspects are transferable. Personally I think in this new QPR set up/structure, with a focus on improving and selling on players, that Ramsey is a good fit - I can still be annoyed about what I perceive as poor tactical decisions and in-game management though. I both acknowledge his positives and negatives, because if he was amazing at both he wouldn't be at QPR would he!

The JET point is particualrly pertinent IMO. I have seen posts on this forum saying that there's not even evidence of his coaching abilities as far as individuals are concerned, that is not true. JET is a great and clear example - I had already almost written him off as a bit of a lost cause TBH - the job CR and LF have done with him is absolutely brilliant and miles away from the more recent 'QPR' way of doing things. Other players like Austin have also improved a lot, CR should rightly be congratulated on such improvements which to me, are a more important part of his remit than results

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'Clueless' Ramsey on 12:51 - Oct 26 with 3149 viewsPommyhoop

'Clueless' Ramsey on 12:34 - Oct 26 by simmo

Fundementally I agree with this post, I do though think that there is an obvious difference between coaching and management. Some of the best coaches in the game seem to struggle as managers (Alan Irvine is someone we talked about at the weekend as an example of this). Similarly some of the best and most successful 'managers' don't get involved in the training ground stuff at all.

Listing a wealth of qualifications in one area doesn't mean you're going to be especially good at the other, although it's obvious that some aspects are transferable. Personally I think in this new QPR set up/structure, with a focus on improving and selling on players, that Ramsey is a good fit - I can still be annoyed about what I perceive as poor tactical decisions and in-game management though. I both acknowledge his positives and negatives, because if he was amazing at both he wouldn't be at QPR would he!

The JET point is particualrly pertinent IMO. I have seen posts on this forum saying that there's not even evidence of his coaching abilities as far as individuals are concerned, that is not true. JET is a great and clear example - I had already almost written him off as a bit of a lost cause TBH - the job CR and LF have done with him is absolutely brilliant and miles away from the more recent 'QPR' way of doing things. Other players like Austin have also improved a lot, CR should rightly be congratulated on such improvements which to me, are a more important part of his remit than results

<<<<<
The JET point is particualrly pertinent IMO. I have seen posts on this forum saying that there's not even evidence of his coaching abilities as far as individuals are concerned, that is not true. JET is a great and clear example - I had already almost written him off as a bit of a lost cause TBH - the job CR and LF have done with him is absolutely brilliant and miles away from the more recent 'QPR' way of doing things. Other players like Austin have also improved a lot, CR should rightly be congratulated on such improvements which to me, are a more important part of his remit than results >>>>>>>>.

Ahem...
You might like this little post and be the first to acknowledge it
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/156649/new-cult-he

'Clueless' Ramsey on 13:00 - Oct 26 with 3114 viewsJordanFoster

'Clueless' Ramsey on 12:51 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

<<<<<
The JET point is particualrly pertinent IMO. I have seen posts on this forum saying that there's not even evidence of his coaching abilities as far as individuals are concerned, that is not true. JET is a great and clear example - I had already almost written him off as a bit of a lost cause TBH - the job CR and LF have done with him is absolutely brilliant and miles away from the more recent 'QPR' way of doing things. Other players like Austin have also improved a lot, CR should rightly be congratulated on such improvements which to me, are a more important part of his remit than results >>>>>>>>.

Ahem...
You might like this little post and be the first to acknowledge it
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/156649/new-cult-he

Fair enough, Pommy. I missed that!
'Clueless' Ramsey on 13:09 - Oct 26 with 3095 viewsLythamR

Nobody has said Ramsey is a perfect manager, certainly not Ramsey. He is a highly experienced coach learning to be a manager. He will make mistakes with substitutions etc, bound too, thats how managers learn
'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:08 - Oct 26 with 3014 viewsbaz_qpr

'Clueless' Ramsey on 11:12 - Oct 26 by JordanFoster

For that one example of West Ham, you could use Saturday's game as the polar opposite. 0-0, makes subs and final result is a resounding win.

Win had nothing to do with the subs though that's complete spin. He made the sub and whether it was reaction to the crowd or something else, we had a terrible 10 minutes where we could not get a foot on the ball, they had their two best chances one a total sitter that brought about a great save from green. We score against the run of play through an individual piece of brilliance and for the next 10 minutes we are still poor and on the backfoot until we get the goal.

I am more than prepared to give Ramsey etc the credit if the subs had / did make a difference and had a positive impact I certainly had no issue with the first one, it was pretty sensible, I dont think hanging Henry out to dry once the game was over and bringing Faurlin on was the right thing to do . But the reality is they did not make the difference and to claim they did is incredibly over simplistic and is what I might expect of someone who was not there
'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:13 - Oct 26 with 2999 viewsJordanFoster

'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:08 - Oct 26 by baz_qpr

Win had nothing to do with the subs though that's complete spin. He made the sub and whether it was reaction to the crowd or something else, we had a terrible 10 minutes where we could not get a foot on the ball, they had their two best chances one a total sitter that brought about a great save from green. We score against the run of play through an individual piece of brilliance and for the next 10 minutes we are still poor and on the backfoot until we get the goal.

I am more than prepared to give Ramsey etc the credit if the subs had / did make a difference and had a positive impact I certainly had no issue with the first one, it was pretty sensible, I dont think hanging Henry out to dry once the game was over and bringing Faurlin on was the right thing to do . But the reality is they did not make the difference and to claim they did is incredibly over simplistic and is what I might expect of someone who was not there

My point was he was being proactive with his substitutions.

I don't think he hung Henry out to dry, if anything players would have far more respect for him for not bowing to the fans demands.

Ramsey played by his rules on Saturday, the crowd were chanting for Faurlin from the 55th minute, it was only once the game had completely died he gave him a five minute cameo.

Imagine how he would have looked to the players if he had hooked Henry off midway through the second half as the crowd were getting restless.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 14:21]
'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:37 - Oct 26 with 2955 viewsbaz_qpr

'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:13 - Oct 26 by JordanFoster

My point was he was being proactive with his substitutions.

I don't think he hung Henry out to dry, if anything players would have far more respect for him for not bowing to the fans demands.

Ramsey played by his rules on Saturday, the crowd were chanting for Faurlin from the 55th minute, it was only once the game had completely died he gave him a five minute cameo.

Imagine how he would have looked to the players if he had hooked Henry off midway through the second half as the crowd were getting restless.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 14:21]

He should not have hooked Henry at all IMHO by doing so he gave the crowd the opportunity to vent. There was no tactical need to take of the destroyer role and replace with a second deep lying playmaker. Its Faurlin or Toszer | Sandro or Henry or Doughty
'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:44 - Oct 26 with 2936 viewsTHEBUSH

I agree with the OP on this thread in that, it amazes me how some on here actually think they know better, tactics wise and sub wise, than the current manager
'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:54 - Oct 26 with 2914 viewsPommyhoop

'Clueless' Ramsey on 14:44 - Oct 26 by THEBUSH

I agree with the OP on this thread in that, it amazes me how some on here actually think they know better, tactics wise and sub wise, than the current manager

Tis the modern way mate .Blame games like FIFA 2016 , Football manager and of course instant news and views from tinternet and such.
Back in the day when we used to get the results from the evening standard and learnt of your clubs latest signing from a fella down the pub you'd never get none of this nonsense.

'Clueless' Ramsey on 16:38 - Oct 26 with 2829 viewsclassof93

One of the things these people giving Ramsey grief seem to forget is before him we had a manager who reached the last 16 of the champions league and won the Swiss league, supposedly one of the best managers around who has never finished outside the top ten and a guy who reached the champions league quarter finals and was meant to be the next England manager. Yes they all struggled and were given loads of money to spend. Hughes spent a fortune and didn’t win a game in his second season and Redknapp the biggest budget in the league and crept into the play offs.

Yes we know all this…..but my point is all these idiots abusing Ramsey….who would they want in? Why would they do any better? Just look at the names above…….experienced managers with a good track record — they couldn’t do it. It is the club that is the problem….lack of discipline and standards plus terrible infrastructure and a clueless (albeit nice) chairman (or co chairman!).

The only successful manager was Warnock who was able to work in conditions that were far better than any of the above had. In any event, it was still very short term which meant when we were promoted we had nothing in place that other premier league clubs had. What scouting had been done? None I think — meaning we were saddled with the shower of shite Warnock brought in (Luke Young, Bothroyd, Barton, SWP to name a few). I saw someone on another post saying we should be like Norwich or Swansea who were promoted with us……………in an ideal world yes but our club was a million miles away from them and still is.

I had people round me calling for Warnock to come back — yes just when the club is trying to put foundations in place we should appoint a 66 year old manager. Yes very long term….the irony being the idiots shouting for Warnock were probably the same people having a go at Redknapp regarding not playing kids. Because Warnock would really be keen in building a squad long term.

I suppose the point I’m making is these championship manager idiots having a go at Ramsey think someone else would do better but the evidence is that this is not the case. What is the definition of insanity again?

I had idiots near me going on about getting Sherwood, Rodgers and various other names in. Would they want to come here and also why would they do any better? I just find some of these idiots clueless.
'Clueless' Ramsey on 19:31 - Oct 26 with 2721 viewsHollowayRanger

BASIC WAS I look at it is

am I happy with his team

keeper green =yes
defence now hill is in it= yes
midfield defence sandro and another =yes
midfield attack chery phillips just need to add fer at 10 so =yes
attack jet till Austin = yes

only gripe I will have is if we don't play jet and Austin in the home matches together

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024