Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Walking Dead 12:21 - Oct 28 with 6176 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Any good?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Walking Dead on 12:25 - Oct 28 with 3170 viewsRBlock

Awesome. It has it's peaks and troughs like any show. Some friends have complained to me of certain slow runs where nothing of note happens for 3/4 episodes but there is always some big ominous disaster round the corner.
The Walking Dead on 12:29 - Oct 28 with 3165 viewsTheBlob

Seen one zombie and you've seen them all.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Walking Dead on 12:30 - Oct 28 with 3161 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Walking Dead on 12:29 - Oct 28 by TheBlob

Seen one zombie and you've seen them all.

A truism to remember whenever we play Millwall.

The Walking Dead on 12:34 - Oct 28 with 3145 viewssimmo

I think it helps if you're generally interested in the genre - day of the dead, evil dead, etc. But it's brilliant generally. As with most shows it has seasons that differ in quality - the 3rd (I think) I found particularly boring, but it's not afraid to dump key characters and it stays pretty true to the source material, which I always think is a good indicator.

Loads of British cast members too and some properly loveable and defining characters.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Walking Dead on 12:39 - Oct 28 with 3132 viewsKonk

We watched the first series, thought it was okay, but we’ve had the second boxset on loan for about two years now (sorry, TC!) — we realised we were suffering from Zombie fatigue and didn’t actually care what happened to any of the characters, so never got round to watching it. It might have branched off in interesting directions, but I wasn’t terribly excited about the prospect of 800 more hours of people dodging or fighting zombies. I actually found it quite exhausting.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The Walking Dead on 12:42 - Oct 28 with 3126 viewsisawqpratwcity

Its good.

Missed it first time round, now I'm about to start season 4 and loving it. Not previously a huge fan of zombie flicks (except for the funny ones, Shaun of the Dead and the one with Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray) but this prog grabbed me.

Some of the moral issues are disturbingly murky and they don't mind killing off characters unexpectedly.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Walking Dead on 12:45 - Oct 28 with 3105 viewsTheBlob

I can never understand their stamina levels and how they stay active for so long.
We should employ their fitness coach.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Walking Dead on 12:54 - Oct 28 with 3080 viewsdaveB

I'm a big fan, the second series was a bit slow but it picked up again after that the new series has been brilliant so far, the other nights one was heart breaking.
Login to get fewer ads

The Walking Dead on 13:00 - Oct 28 with 3066 viewssimmo

The Walking Dead on 12:54 - Oct 28 by daveB

I'm a big fan, the second series was a bit slow but it picked up again after that the new series has been brilliant so far, the other nights one was heart breaking.

Is the 2nd the one on the farm? I always get confused because the 1st series was in 2 parts...

The Walking Dead on 13:01 - Oct 28 with 3061 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Walking Dead on 13:00 - Oct 28 by simmo

Is the 2nd the one on the farm? I always get confused because the 1st series was in 2 parts...

Yes, and 3 is the one with the jail.

The Walking Dead on 13:03 - Oct 28 with 3051 viewssimmo

The Walking Dead on 13:01 - Oct 28 by isawqpratwcity

Yes, and 3 is the one with the jail.

OK - well then yeah, the 2nd series I thought was boring, the 1st and everything since I have really enjoyed. The journey some of those people have been on and how much they've changed because of it, there's great character development in there, some of it extreme.

The Walking Dead on 13:06 - Oct 28 with 3038 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Have all on DVD and almost finished the 5th.

It's AWESOME

Here is Scott Ian of Anthrax in series V

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Walking Dead on 13:08 - Oct 28 with 3030 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Walking Dead on 13:03 - Oct 28 by simmo

OK - well then yeah, the 2nd series I thought was boring, the 1st and everything since I have really enjoyed. The journey some of those people have been on and how much they've changed because of it, there's great character development in there, some of it extreme.

I'm certain that one of the things the writers want to do is stomp on your hope every now and then.

And, like Breaking Bad, occasionally something happens that will appal you.

The Walking Dead on 13:16 - Oct 28 with 3009 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, great stuff lads.

I'm going to give it a go. I've avoided it because I usually don't go for zombie stuff but this sounds promising.

The Walking Dead on 13:18 - Oct 28 with 3004 viewsBluce_Ree

Watched three episodes. Was pretty awful. Sacked it clean off.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The Walking Dead on 13:53 - Oct 28 with 2958 viewsPommyhoop

Go for it Bri.
Don't know if I could it in big long sittings with the box sets like the Wire and that but cos of the kids I've kept up to date with this one.
It gets gorier and gorier.Last episode was blinding..Daughter was showing me fans re-action to a popular character being offed,crying and all sorts. Hilarious

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Walking Dead on 13:56 - Oct 28 with 2943 viewswhittocksRs

Most recent episode was absolutely brutal. Killed off a major fan favourite.
The Walking Dead on 14:03 - Oct 28 with 2929 viewsrobith

I'm committed to it as I read the comics, but it is one of the most erratic shows, quality wise

Season 1 - Amazing pilot, gradual decline from there
Season 2 - AMC doubled the number episodes and halved the budget. As such it is absolutely dire
Season 3 - the most erratic. There are some stone cold 10/10 episodes, there's some proper stinkers. Butchers one of the comics' best storylines, dire ending.

Then Scott Gimple who wrote the best episodes of the 1st 3 seasons took over as show runner

Season 4 - First half is basically correcting the mess Gimple was left with, the second half is very good, with a great pay off

Season 5 - Totally mixed up the story telling techniques, increased focus on characterisation, and full of brilliant set pieces

Season 6 - only 3 epsiodes in, but the best it's ever been. So good so far
The Walking Dead on 14:12 - Oct 28 with 2916 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sort off related, anyone who likes Beth (Emma Kinney)

Recently got her pert baps out in 'masters of sex'. Google is your friend. You may thank me later.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Walking Dead on 14:54 - Oct 28 with 2857 viewsJigsore

watched the first season and it was alright but apparently there's a sizeable drop in quality after that...the network decided to half the budget and double the episodes produced. Americans...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

The Walking Dead on 15:27 - Oct 28 with 2814 viewsWegerle10

I wasn't a fan of Zombies at all before watching but became hooked on this very quickly and have enjoyed all five seasons thus, particularly the earlier stuff. Also has a brilliant bad guy in seasons 2 and 3.

What makes it not quite a top five show for me personally is that after six seasons now, there's only so much they can do. Kill zombies - find a home - home gets attacked - kill zombies - find new people to trust and so fourth. And of course there's some really slow episodes, I found series five particularly slow.

But overall it's worth a watch for sure, and not afraid to kill off a main character or two

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

The Walking Dead on 15:49 - Oct 28 with 2787 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

The Walking Dead on 13:56 - Oct 28 by whittocksRs

Most recent episode was absolutely brutal. Killed off a major fan favourite.

I reckon he's not dead. The other gimp who blew his own brains out fell on top of him and it was the gimps guts you see getting pulled apart. The apparently dead main character is hiding under the dumpster and will use a twig to dig his way to Alexandra.

I do like a happy ending!
The Walking Dead on 16:06 - Oct 28 with 2766 viewsdaveB

The Walking Dead on 15:49 - Oct 28 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I reckon he's not dead. The other gimp who blew his own brains out fell on top of him and it was the gimps guts you see getting pulled apart. The apparently dead main character is hiding under the dumpster and will use a twig to dig his way to Alexandra.

I do like a happy ending!

He wasn't listed as one of the dead in the Talking Dead show so I reckon you are right
The Walking Dead on 16:13 - Oct 28 with 2750 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

The Walking Dead on 16:06 - Oct 28 by daveB

He wasn't listed as one of the dead in the Talking Dead show so I reckon you are right

I've not watched any of those Talking Dead shows, but if they indicate that he's not dead, then that's good enough for me!

As an aside, I'd like one of these!
The Walking Dead on 16:18 - Oct 28 with 2739 viewsitsbiga

I like zombie stuff a lot but this show got tired pretty quick for me. Only so much running from zombies can my mind be stimulated by.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024