Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Washington 13:17 - Jan 5 with 43814 viewsTheBlob

Mentioned him a couple of times and not surprised we've looked at him.Heard rumours couple of years back from some non league contacts,bit steep at £2m though?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/05/darragh-macanthony-sheds-further-light-on-p

[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 13:27]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Conor Washington on 13:39 - Jan 5 with 14729 viewsDWQPR

More likely to get Denzil Washington

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Conor Washington on 10:33 - Jan 11 with 14532 viewsaston_hoop

Few news reports saying we are now leading the race and Sir Les has been to see him play. Any good? A new Charlie Austin? Or an average player who has had a lucky half season?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Conor Washington on 10:38 - Jan 11 with 14502 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Conor Washington on 10:42 - Jan 11 with 14484 viewspaulparker

Good player , and what we should be looking at , sadly I think he will be going to Wolves

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Conor Washington on 10:46 - Jan 11 with 14465 viewsJamie

Conor Washington on 10:33 - Jan 11 by aston_hoop

Few news reports saying we are now leading the race and Sir Les has been to see him play. Any good? A new Charlie Austin? Or an average player who has had a lucky half season?

The latter imho. More Stevie May than Charlie Austin.
Conor Washington on 11:03 - Jan 11 with 14424 viewsBlue_Castello

Conor Washington on 10:46 - Jan 11 by Jamie

The latter imho. More Stevie May than Charlie Austin.

As the saying goes in the cold light of day I can't see us signing anybody for Money unless one of our players whose actually got a transfer value gets sold.
The only two with real value are Austin and Philips the rest we may have to sell on EBay, if Hoos and Ferdinand manage to offload any of the rest then they have worked a small miracle.
Conor Washington on 11:06 - Jan 11 with 14401 viewsNorthernr

I'm intrigued by the boy at Oxford. seen them four times in the past 12 months, twice on TV and twice live, and he's been absolute class above on every occasion. Scored twice against Swansea yesterday. Came through West Brom's academy originally I think.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Conor Washington on 11:10 - Jan 11 with 14371 viewspaulparker

Conor Washington on 11:06 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I'm intrigued by the boy at Oxford. seen them four times in the past 12 months, twice on TV and twice live, and he's been absolute class above on every occasion. Scored twice against Swansea yesterday. Came through West Brom's academy originally I think.

This post has been edited by an administrator

He will be destined back to the premier league I would have thought
he looked liked the sort of striker we need, pacy, good eye for a goal and runs the channels , the sort of player Austin needs IMHO
would like us as well to have a look at Armstrong at Newcastle , maybe he could be worth a punt on as they seem reluctant to play him or the lad Nicholls at Exeter

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Conor Washington on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 14362 viewsBerkoRanger

You're right, Northern. Roofe looks class and has pace to burn. Apparently, we are looking at their young left winger who came on at 71 mins yesterday. Very quick and can cross the ball!
Conor Washington on 11:59 - Jan 11 with 14253 viewssimmo

Conor Washington on 11:10 - Jan 11 by paulparker

He will be destined back to the premier league I would have thought
he looked liked the sort of striker we need, pacy, good eye for a goal and runs the channels , the sort of player Austin needs IMHO
would like us as well to have a look at Armstrong at Newcastle , maybe he could be worth a punt on as they seem reluctant to play him or the lad Nicholls at Exeter

I think Newcastle have defintie plans for Armstrong - they just think he's best off at Coventry for the moment. I think they are going to sell Perez and he wil be the replacement.

Isn't Roofe a midfielder? He looks good anyway. I'd imagine that Vardy has made the lower leagues super appealing for clubs, replacing Belgians and English players under 22 as the 'hot new thing' to spend too much money on

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Conor Washington on 12:18 - Jan 11 with 14195 viewsJonDoeman

Shame we're not trying to sign Zach Clough .

It Is What It Is !!

Conor Washington on 12:58 - Jan 11 with 14142 viewsonlyrinmoray

Nahki Wells has always looked a good player to me would fit in well with Charlie. I knew he would score against us
Conor Washington on 13:09 - Jan 11 with 14102 viewsSomersetHoops

Conor Washington on 12:58 - Jan 11 by onlyrinmoray

Nahki Wells has always looked a good player to me would fit in well with Charlie. I knew he would score against us

I think we need to see if we get any money in for players that leave, before we even think about getting any new players. I think our expenditure on transfers this January will be less than zero if we can persuade any club to take any of our players. Lets face it, if they look at recent performances, QPR is the last place teams would be looking as a source of strengthening.

Who's Next?

Conor Washington on 13:14 - Jan 11 with 14073 viewssimmo

Conor Washington on 12:18 - Jan 11 by JonDoeman

Shame we're not trying to sign Zach Clough .

Going Bristol City for £2m apparently

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Conor Washington on 20:04 - Jan 11 with 13933 viewsderbyhoop

Roofe has looked classed all season.
Nicholls looked very effective for Exeter and has been doing a goalscoring job for 18 months.
Washington I'm not sure of. Maddison at Peterborough seems to make them tick. Angol is also rated.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Conor Washington on 00:24 - Jan 12 with 13612 viewsrsonist

Roofe has looked good but all them long range goals make me wonder if he's not a Lewis McGugan regen.

McAnthony pretty much came out and said that we'd bid for Washington last week. Agree with the above poster that Lee Angol might be the better bet though. Baldwin and Anderson will be players too. Not bad at this lark are they Peterborough?

Che Adams might be worth a punt now. Also Tom Bradshaw is out of contract in the summer, certainly a good goalscorer if little else. Conor Hourihane, Bradley Dack, Danny Mayor, Romaine Sawyers are all interesting creative midfield players that we probably don't need right now. (Plus we would have said the same about Jed Wallace recently and he's just left Wolves to go on loan to Millwall.)

If we can't/won't play Yun and Robinson maybe we could invest in Rico Henry.
Conor Washington on 08:34 - Jan 12 with 13427 viewspaulparker

Bradley Dack is a great shout, he reminds me of Ainsworth, great attitude and never say die spirit , he is a rough diamond but with the right coaching could be a great player
if by some miracle we get rid of Fer , I think Lee tomlin could be worth a punt , he isn't getting a game at Bournmouth and had a great year at Boro last season
priority though is a right back either

Conor Washington on 08:58 - Jan 12 with 13393 viewsDorse

Conor Washington on 20:04 - Jan 11 by derbyhoop

Roofe has looked classed all season.
Nicholls looked very effective for Exeter and has been doing a goalscoring job for 18 months.
Washington I'm not sure of. Maddison at Peterborough seems to make them tick. Angol is also rated.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Conor Washington on 10:18 - Jan 12 with 13334 viewsGroveR

Although seeing a thread talking about unearthing a Roy-of-the-Rovers style diamond from the rough of the lower-leagues warms the cockles of my heart, it's not the way we do things here these days.

We should be binning these guys off as shít on their first touch, or ideally without having ever seen them play. In a Gattaca-style future (e.g. next season), Rangers fans will be able to write players off in the womb and save 16yrs of costly youth development. "Look at that sperm, acceleration of a oil tanker - fúcking shít."
Conor Washington on 10:34 - Jan 12 with 13310 viewsadhoc_qpr

Is there any point in unearthing 'rough diamonds' given we don't even give them 10 appearances to settle/adapt and we certainly have no track record of coaching improving players?

Genuine question - unless a player is very self motivated like Austin or Mackie, we really shouldn't even consider signing them IMO.
Conor Washington on 10:34 - Jan 13 with 13126 viewsJonDoeman

Conor Washington on 10:34 - Jan 12 by adhoc_qpr

Is there any point in unearthing 'rough diamonds' given we don't even give them 10 appearances to settle/adapt and we certainly have no track record of coaching improving players?

Genuine question - unless a player is very self motivated like Austin or Mackie, we really shouldn't even consider signing them IMO.

Nice to see Polter coming good, hear he was a handful first half ?

It Is What It Is !!

Conor Washington on 16:52 - Jan 18 with 12949 viewsTheBlob

£3m bid gone in apparently.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/18/report-qpr-submit-3-million-offer-for-conor

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Conor Washington on 17:34 - Jan 18 with 12784 viewspeejaybee

Bit More
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3405216/QPR-open-talks-Peterbo

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Conor Washington on 17:35 - Jan 18 with 12776 viewsrobith

Conor Washington on 16:52 - Jan 18 by TheBlob

£3m bid gone in apparently.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/18/report-qpr-submit-3-million-offer-for-conor

Dave Mac says fee agreed at £2.5m
Conor Washington on 17:36 - Jan 18 with 12771 viewsJigsore

Dave Mac says £2.5m fee agreed

Quite dear isn't it? (although not even half of what they got Assombalonga). Can't really comment because I haven't seen him play but his DJ Khaled beard worries me

edit: oh looks like I got ninja'd. I still think I might have preferred Tom Bradshaw who's only got 6 months left on his contract at Walsall
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 17:39]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024