Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565576 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 22:33 - Sep 25 with 4924 viewsozexile

I'm enjoying Marriage. Episode 3 was a tough watch but Sean Bean is superb in it. From reviews I've read most people dont like it.
Half decent tv on 22:35 - Sep 25 with 4912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m nearly finished with Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story.

He was a character wasn’t he.
Half decent tv on 00:51 - Sep 26 with 4832 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 22:33 - Sep 25 by ozexile

I'm enjoying Marriage. Episode 3 was a tough watch but Sean Bean is superb in it. From reviews I've read most people dont like it.

Definitely not for everyone and uncomfortable viewing at times, but I thought it was excellent.
Half decent tv on 07:10 - Sep 26 with 4791 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 22:08 - Sep 25 by Mick_S

New series, Brian? Sorry, I’m a bit slow regarding things on the box.

Don’t bother, mate, I decided to stop being lazy and found this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mSnnY7tSaIg&feature=share&si=EMSIkaIECMiOmarE6JChQQ
[Post edited 25 Sep 2022 22:17]

Yes, Mick. Series 5 started a few weeks ago.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 08:02 - Sep 26 with 4736 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 22:35 - Sep 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m nearly finished with Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story.

He was a character wasn’t he.

Evil bastard but the police don’t come out of it well. They could’ve stopped him countless times but seemed to look the other way for some reason.
Half decent tv on 00:45 - Sep 27 with 4601 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 10:30 - Sep 25 by RamseyR

+1 for this

Didn't think it would be my thing.
Mrs Ramsey put it on and it drew me in after 5 mins. Watched all six parts over two days. Quite clever and a really solid black comedy/drama. The little lad is fantastic.

Finished it last night, did not see the ending coming at all.

Great series, I'm not sure I've ever seen something quite like it before. Really clever writing from the two main actors.
Half decent tv on 17:02 - Sep 27 with 4485 viewsMick_S

Half decent tv on 07:10 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, Mick. Series 5 started a few weeks ago.

Thank you, Brian.

Not so long ago we went to see our mates in Hampshire and had a walk along the river Test. I’ve never seen such clear water, filled with cress and whatever Trout feed on. Came home Sunday night and watched my first episode - guess where they were? Funny old game - I’ve been hooked ever since. Sorry.

One of my favourite ever programmes and I’ll be starting the new series soon. Mortimer is such a lovely man. His book is well worth a gentle read. Took it to Ireland last time I was over and read it in three days, which I used to do when I was ten years old.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2022 17:03]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Half decent tv on 16:11 - Oct 2 with 4359 viewsRanger_Things

First couple of episodes of The Old Man on Disney were very good. Jeff Bridges is great.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 17:21 - Oct 2 with 4296 viewsHAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 16:11 - Oct 2 by Ranger_Things

First couple of episodes of The Old Man on Disney were very good. Jeff Bridges is great.

Early twist comes next episode.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 14:40 - Oct 3 with 4181 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 10:23 - Sep 25 by Ranger_Things

If you have Disney then Andor is well worth a look.

Meh I really feel the Star Wars carthorse is being flogged to death by Disney now.

All about the $$$$$$$$$$

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 15:05 - Oct 3 with 4163 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Half decent tv on 14:40 - Oct 3 by TheChef

Meh I really feel the Star Wars carthorse is being flogged to death by Disney now.

All about the $$$$$$$$$$

What isn't about $$$ though? In Andor's defence it is a competently written show for an adult audience, bold move by Disney. Lot's of character development, world building going on... if it wasn't for the odd blaster and space ship here and there in the first three eps you wouldn't know it was a Star Wars show at all. I'm liking it so far, my only gripe so far is that Andor himself is the least interesting thing about the show, no charisma whatsoever. Be warned, it's sloooooow (some might say boring), but that doesn't bother me personally.

The problem is that it follows a string of garbage that Star Wars Disney has spunked out recently - Obi Wan, Book of Boba, The Sequel Trilogy. They made a loss on the Solo movie - unheard of for the Star WARS Franchise. Only the Mandalorian saved it, and that has started to wear thin too... Many 'normies' aren't willing to give it a go anymore, and Andor isn't the type of show to draw them back.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2022 15:06]
Half decent tv on 15:38 - Oct 6 with 4004 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 17:21 - Oct 2 by HAYESBOY

I saw that one coming but it didn’t spoil it for me. I’m hooked.

Also watching All the way up on Canal+. French with subtitles.
https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/apr/18/all-the-way-up-french-rap
Half decent tv on 15:45 - Oct 6 with 3990 viewsPhildo

Bear on disney is great
Half decent tv on 17:49 - Oct 6 with 3904 viewsR_from_afar

"Am I being unreasonable?" on the BBC has been good so far. The scene when the neighbour thought they had found the main character's lost cat was hilarious

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 21:44 - Oct 6 with 3809 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 17:21 - Oct 2 by HAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 08:48 - Oct 7 with 3735 viewsEsox_Lucius

Of Mics and Men on Sky Documentaries. Fascinating insight on to the collective's origins and painfully honest in itsstory telling, warts and all.
I had forgotten how much I liked WuTang Clan.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 22:59 - Oct 13 with 3630 viewsLblock

The Chesnut Man on Netflix (mentioned elsewhere)

Thumbs up

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 23:20 - Oct 26 with 3457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 16:11 - Oct 2 by Ranger_Things

Another vote for this. Two episodes in and hooked. Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow excellent. Feels like there'll be some good side characters as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 23:57 - Oct 26 with 3417 viewsSydneyRs

Just finished the Dahmer series on Netflix. I thought it was excellent and a fascinating insight into the guy and his background. Found myself googling lots of stuff while watching and most of it was pretty accurate.

Thought they got the balance right between telling the story without too many graphic images of him doing what he did.
Half decent tv on 04:42 - Oct 27 with 3348 viewsChrisNW6

Just finished series 2 of State of Happiness on BBC iPlayer, all about the Norwegian Oil boom in the 70s. Well worth a good binge, some great characters and it has a real retro feel.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 10:50]
Half decent tv on 06:00 - Oct 27 with 3326 viewsHAYESBOY

The Peripheral on Amazon has started well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 08:49 - Oct 27 with 3253 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 06:00 - Oct 27 by HAYESBOY

The Peripheral on Amazon has started well.

Good news. I’m looking forward to watching that.

Just started the second series of Barbarians. Decent so far.
Half decent tv on 08:56 - Oct 27 with 3247 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I watched the whole of Rings of Power. It started off ok and went downhill faster than a bobsleigh on ice.
Apparently they lost 40% of viewers! It made the later 'Game of thrones' look really good.

Watching series 2 On barbarians on Netflix and enjoying like the first. I love the way the Tribes speak German and the Romans Italian it adds a nice touch.

1940's comic book/serial murder drama 'High Seas' from Spain is also enjoyable.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 09:10 - Oct 27 with 3213 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 08:56 - Oct 27 by Metallica_Hoop

I watched the whole of Rings of Power. It started off ok and went downhill faster than a bobsleigh on ice.
Apparently they lost 40% of viewers! It made the later 'Game of thrones' look really good.

Watching series 2 On barbarians on Netflix and enjoying like the first. I love the way the Tribes speak German and the Romans Italian it adds a nice touch.

1940's comic book/serial murder drama 'High Seas' from Spain is also enjoyable.

I agree about Rings of power. It showed promise but went nowhere. Same with House of Dragons, I wanted to like them both but struggled to get through them in the end.

I’ll definitely check out High Seas.

I loved the use of ‘The Thing’ in Barbarians. I looked it up and it turns out it was actually the original meaning of the word.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 13:29]
Half decent tv on 22:18 - Oct 27 with 3019 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This looks good:

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcasting/netflix-to-release-fifa-doc-ahead-of
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024