Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other transfers thread 14:47 - Jan 4 with 10328 viewsNorthernr

Luke Varney goes from Ipswich to Burton, so we're 1-0 down to them next month already.

Rudy Gestede Villa to Boro for £6m

Matty Cash, Forest to RB leipzig, £6m. Odd that Forest are feeding RB in germany, sold Olly Burke there for big money too.

Other transfers thread on 00:26 - Jan 14 with 2416 viewsrsonist

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-target-

Henri Lansbury's exit from Nottingham Forest is being negotiated by a former team-mate in an apparent breach of Football Association rules.

The player involved is Rotherham striker Dexter Blackstock.

One Premier League club has walked away from a deal after discovering that Blackstock was representing Lansbury in his move from Nottingham Forest.

Another Championship club has confirmed that they were told to contact the 30-year-old Millers’ striker if they wanted to sign Lansbury.

FA rules prevent current players from being licensed agents — or intermediaries. ­ Lansbury’s licensed agent is Simon Kennedy.
Other transfers thread on 07:35 - Jan 14 with 2342 viewsLblock

This Scott Hogan transfer still has me mesmerised

At Rochdale fairly recently
Has had two ACL's - one very recently
Not the biggest, fastest, most clinical or skillfull

Likkle Bentford seem to be rigidly sticking to £15 million though

Can't see there being too many happy hammers if Payet is replaced with him

Poor old Rochdale must be gutted - I know we would be. If the Bees just got the deal done now they'd be £4million richer and that's gotta be huge for them. As it is they could end up with nothing or maybe an extra mill....I'd sooner cut and run now!!!

The whole thing is mental and shows you what a crazy market Football has become

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other transfers thread on 07:59 - Jan 14 with 2328 viewseghamranger

Other transfers thread on 15:21 - Jan 12 by WestbourneR

Tom Carroll - brilliant football brain and attitude, limited technique, passing range and physique.

That said, he'd get in our current team. At least he has some semblance of creativity about him.

I don't think he would actually now. Manning and Doughty are similar players. It's nearly a done deal at 4 million.

Can see Manning being worth a fortune if he continues the way he is going.
Other transfers thread on 14:57 - Jan 25 with 2015 viewssimmo

You have to say that despite some outrageous high fees here and there, Villa are making shrewd acquisitions at this level. James Bree from Barnsley for less than 1.5m is the latest - lovely little player.

The fact they also got Lansbury, are looking at Smithies and Alan Judge too shows they know who the best players are in this division.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other transfers thread on 15:18 - Jan 25 with 1982 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Other transfers thread on 14:57 - Jan 25 by simmo

You have to say that despite some outrageous high fees here and there, Villa are making shrewd acquisitions at this level. James Bree from Barnsley for less than 1.5m is the latest - lovely little player.

The fact they also got Lansbury, are looking at Smithies and Alan Judge too shows they know who the best players are in this division.

Not sure their summer signings were shrewd.
How much did they pay for McCormack for instance? £12m?
Other transfers thread on 15:35 - Jan 25 with 1913 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tom Carroll - brilliant football brain and attitude, limited technique, passing range and physique.

That said, he'd get in our current team. At least he has some semblance of creativity about him.

Is it possible to have limited technique and passing range and still be class as a creative player?

Along with Granero in earlier years he was a good player made to look bad by lacklustre colleagues. Both could see pass and execute it, but unfortunately they usually had SWP or Maiga on the end of it.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:54 - Jan 25 with 1872 viewsWestbourneR

Other transfers thread on 15:35 - Jan 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is it possible to have limited technique and passing range and still be class as a creative player?

Along with Granero in earlier years he was a good player made to look bad by lacklustre colleagues. Both could see pass and execute it, but unfortunately they usually had SWP or Maiga on the end of it.

Yes
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 16:19]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Other transfers thread on 16:00 - Jan 25 with 1861 viewssimmo

Other transfers thread on 15:18 - Jan 25 by CroydonCaptJack

Not sure their summer signings were shrewd.
How much did they pay for McCormack for instance? £12m?

DESPITE SOME OUTRAGEOUS FEES HERE AND THERE.

They are also after Hourihane and could get him for not much more than £1m. That could be bargain of the season if it comes off.

Login to get fewer ads

Other transfers thread on 16:11 - Jan 25 with 1823 viewsNorthernr

Physique. It's all physique with him. If he ever hits puberty he'll be quite an effective player but he just couldn't assert himself on Championship football.
Also a bit too nice. One of those players who's played too much academy football on pristine pitches doing flicks and tricks against the other little boys.
Manning's only small and quite slight but he's got needle and niggle about him and he's assertive.
Other transfers thread on 16:21 - Jan 25 with 1807 viewsWestbourneR

Other transfers thread on 16:11 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Physique. It's all physique with him. If he ever hits puberty he'll be quite an effective player but he just couldn't assert himself on Championship football.
Also a bit too nice. One of those players who's played too much academy football on pristine pitches doing flicks and tricks against the other little boys.
Manning's only small and quite slight but he's got needle and niggle about him and he's assertive.

I agree he was too slight but I also felt he thought he was bit better than he was. Would hit overly ambitious passes that he didn't have the quality to pull off.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Other transfers thread on 16:24 - Jan 25 with 1796 viewsNorthernr

Other transfers thread on 16:21 - Jan 25 by WestbourneR

I agree he was too slight but I also felt he thought he was bit better than he was. Would hit overly ambitious passes that he didn't have the quality to pull off.

Yeh agree, like I say, too much time playing tippy tappy academy football and watching Soccer AM. See it a lot with Premier League kids heading out on loan. Our academy system is utterly broken.
Other transfers thread on 16:30 - Jan 25 with 1773 viewsFDC

Needle and Niggle sound like a children's TV comedy double-act.
Other transfers thread on 17:41 - Jan 25 with 1689 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mauro Zarate gone to Watford

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Other transfers thread on 10:05 - Jan 31 with 1492 viewsrsonist

Matty Taylor's release clause has reportedly been triggered - by Bristol City...
Other transfers thread on 10:23 - Jan 31 with 1461 viewsJigsore

I don't think it's necessarily physique, they're looking at him as the long heralded successor to Leon Britton who's a good 10cm shorter than Carroll and has played effectively in all 4 divs of English football for Swansea

Probably like you say he's just too nice, mentality too weak. Not willing to get his body between the ball and the tackler and all that. actually the same accusation that has been levelled at Matt Smith and he's built like a stegosaurus

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Other transfers thread on 11:02 - Jan 31 with 1413 viewsCamberleyR

Other transfers thread on 10:05 - Jan 31 by rsonist

Matty Taylor's release clause has reportedly been triggered - by Bristol City...

That'll go down spectacularly with the Gasheads if that comes off.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Other transfers thread on 11:24 - Jan 31 with 1363 viewsrsonist

Norwich are buying Wigan winger Yannic Wildschut. For £7m.
Other transfers thread on 12:19 - Jan 31 with 1330 viewssimmo

Villa £15m for Hogan.

£15m. After spending roughly the same on McCormack 6 months ago and now trying to shift him. Ludicrous.

Other transfers thread on 12:49 - Jan 31 with 1266 viewsqueensparker

That's what I've loved best so far about Manning, for a innocent-looking young lad he's a dirty, niggly little git. No tippy-tappy nonsense going on when he was learning his trade in Galway I'm sure.

About 5 mins after he came on on Saturday he piled straight through on a Burton player after a 50/50 completely unnecessarily and left him a writhing heap.

We need more of that.
Other transfers thread on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 1259 viewsswitchingcode

Other transfers thread on 12:19 - Jan 31 by simmo

Villa £15m for Hogan.

£15m. After spending roughly the same on McCormack 6 months ago and now trying to shift him. Ludicrous.

Worth every penny
Other transfers thread on 12:52 - Jan 31 with 1250 viewspaulparker

Chelsea trying to loan in a winger from Italy
WTF these fcukers have loaned out about 50 players how about they recall one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other transfers thread on 13:06 - Jan 31 with 1222 viewssimmo

Other transfers thread on 12:50 - Jan 31 by switchingcode

Worth every penny

Even if that was the case (which it's not), spending that much on a player when you've already spent similar sums on the likes of McCormack, Gestede, Kodjia, Ayew, etc is madness. Some of those have failed, which is even more reason not to just buy another flavour of the month at ridiculously inflated prices.

Other transfers thread on 13:25 - Jan 31 with 1185 viewsAitch

Other transfers thread on 12:19 - Jan 31 by simmo

Villa £15m for Hogan.

Feck me, transfer prices have gone beyond stupid and into mind blowing insanity territory.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Other transfers thread on 13:42 - Jan 31 with 1146 viewsLblock

Other transfers thread on 10:05 - Jan 31 by rsonist

With a nice £300k pot of funding from selling a reserve player?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other transfers thread on 13:55 - Jan 31 with 1095 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Other transfers thread on 12:50 - Jan 31 by switchingcode

Worth every penny

Who McCormack or Hogan?

Villa are really getting on my nerves. Much worse spending than we ever did yet no-one says anything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024