Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random Loftus Road memories 14:06 - Feb 3 with 14348 viewspaulparker

Im bored so indulge me

The tramp who used to stand at the bottom of the loft in a big long coat that stank
Garry waddock doing his knee against Sheff Wed
the smell of Bovril and cigarette smoke during a night game
David Pizantis curler against West Ham
the ruck with Pompey in 96
pat van den hawe having a meltdown with the Loft over mandy smith
the Pannini family stand giving away sticker books and stickers
the Merger sit down protest against Man City
the floodlights failing against Forest in the freezing cold , then a huge off in the ER
Maccas last minute equaliser against Utd in the cup

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Random Loftus Road memories on 17:11 - Feb 3 with 5333 viewswittle

Tommy Langley goal after a few seconds v Bolton ,wolves and forest with last minute equalisers in cup games ,Clive Allen debut hatrick v cov , promotion season under venables v Leicester ,Fulham then all on the pitch when we beat wolves . Playing Chelsea on boxing days and never beating them but smashing them 6 0 at Easter .
Random Loftus Road memories on 17:13 - Feb 3 with 5321 viewsterryb

This won't stand up wity other posts but here goes!

First time at LR winning 2-0 against Norwich in August '67
Dave Mackay own goal in FA Cup 5th round
Getting my ticket for the C*****a match & then having to join the back of the queue to get my brothers's ticket as he was away. The following Monday a ticket arrived in the post for him from the club!

The 0-0 with West Ham in '73. Three goals disallowed, but we were superb. One of our best ever performances.

Leeds in April '76
Waddock nutmegging an apponent in our penalty area & then saluting the crowd
Oldham play off second leg. "Oh, what a night"!
Preston & Reading under Magilton
No points deduction
The utter hatred from every person in three quarters of the ground aimed at The Pensioners in the 1-0 win. That made up for the cup defeat in '70!

The final ten minutes of the Liverpool 3-2 comeback
Random Loftus Road memories on 18:18 - Feb 3 with 5224 viewseasthertsr

In the late sixties/early seventies two guys (brothers?) used to turn up in the South Africa Road Paddock every home game at about 2 55.They always stood on halfway line they were always paralytic.They then used to hurl absolutely foul-mouthed abuse at the opposition for 90 minutes. It was relentless, personal and absolutely hilarious!
Random Loftus Road memories on 18:34 - Feb 3 with 5195 viewsfrancisbowles

Rodney's hat-trick v Birmingham 1970 (my first match)
Easter Monday 1976, 11.00 kick off, ticket from a tout(only time ever) beat Arse 2-1 and Alan Ball missed pen(I think)
A few days later on the pitch to salute the team that won the league on the last day of the season.
First Uefa Cup match 4-0 Brann Bergen
Second Uefa Cup match 5-3 (I think) International Slovan Bratislava
Third Uefa Cup match 3-0 FC Cologne
1977 Uefa Cup QF 3-0 v AEK Athens, should have been more. (Gerry scoring on return after missing the season so far, I think.
STAN!
Going to Highbury for League Cup SF replay and losing 3-0 to Villa. Arrgh!
FA cup QF in 82 and going to Highbury for that SF win! Then seeing Waddock leaning out of a window in the dressing room, saluting the fans in the road below
Queueing round the corner from the loft on a Sunday morning for tickets for the FA Cup Final Replay.
1983 and John Gregory and the team displaying the 2nd Division title trophy.
1984 finishing 5th in the league but TV going to Barca.
Going to Highbury for Uefa cup wins in rounds 1&2.
1986 and that incredible league cup run to the final.
1990 Falco's volley against Sunderland 3-0.
Ray Wilkins, Tricky Trev's goal, Paul Parker's only goal in 6-0 v Luton.
Winning last three home fixtures 3-0 but going down.
John Spencer
Mark Kennedy
Peter Crouch/going down again.
Ollie galvanising the place and the Celtic friendlies.
Warnock's season, Adel, Ale, Heider et all and finally getting 'our hands' and name on that beautiful Football League Champions trophy that we had been denied in 1976.
Those five successive home wins Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Swansea, Stoke and Mackie's goal at City, when we stayed up.
Adel's goal v Fulham
Bobby's goal.
Random Loftus Road memories on 19:04 - Feb 3 with 5132 viewsted_hendrix

The tea hut in the corner of the loft late 50's it had an enormous tea pot.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Random Loftus Road memories on 19:51 - Feb 3 with 5061 views18StoneOfHoop

The half-time Percy Dalton peanuts in their shell sellers in the Loft in the 70's.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/percy-daltons-peanut-seller-at-the-dog-track

Deerstalkers!

Toothache Ted and the Boys Enclosure mob 1948
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 19:56]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Random Loftus Road memories on 20:35 - Feb 3 with 4969 viewskingshill

Some great stuff on here

Beating Leeds to get promoted then Fulham to win the league in 83. My mate had his union jack with Sealy on it nicked. Who's got it?

Massive row with Forest the next season. They went in the West Paddock then it all went off after outside the Smuts

Chelsea 6-0 obviously

Many City pitch protest

Arsenal 2-0 in the cup in pouring rain, Kenny Sansom & Sinton

Ferdinands first 2 plus Falco's volley v Chelsea

Stuffing Spurs 4-1 after going 1 down

The Liverpool game when Rodney Marsh briefly turned up

Night games against Preston & Birmingham. Low crowds but great atmospheres

Oldham in the play offs

Home games back in the championship v Leicester & Wigan, 2004 ish?

Ismael Miller against Leicester, the day I knew we'd do it

Leeds at home obviously, that was some party in the Bush

1-0 v Chelsea. My son, then a ballboy, nutmegged Cech in the corner by the Paddock with 20 minutes to go and managed not to get sacked for it!

Wigan in the play offs, almost as good as Oldham

Brentford last season, great performance.
Random Loftus Road memories on 21:34 - Feb 3 with 4888 viewsMrSheen

Booing them off at half time down 0-4 to newcastle. Cheering them back on to the pitch for the second half.

A drunk, abusive little Mansfield-supporting gnome was being led out of the Ellerslie by stewards, but went berserk when people started singing "Heigh, Ho, Heigh, Ho".

Welcoming back old friends like David Speedie, Les Sealey (RIP) and Leon Knight.

Gazza losing his nut with Mirandinha at a free-kick, then getting sent off two minutes later. He never had a good game against us.

The posts quivering after Andy Gray's goal against United.

Nut-shrivelling terror every time the ball bounced between Zesh Rehman and Georges Santos.

The David Pizanti cup game being held up while the stewards scraped police-horse shit off the plastic.

Holding it in during the half time crush for the Ellerslie bogs.

Chris Day's save against Oldham. How did he do it?

Woooooooaaaaaah Gino!

Macca falling head first into the paddock against West Ham, then jumping out to defend the throw in.

Macca easing a West Ham player head first into the paddock later the same game. He didn't come out so quickly.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 21:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Random Loftus Road memories on 22:01 - Feb 3 with 4835 viewsDougal_RBlock

Steve Morrow going for a header back to the keeper, missing it, falling to the floor and then injuring himself? (does anyone else remember this?)
Leeds at home
The cross bar rocking for ages after Mike Sheron hit it playing for stoke - I remember thinking he would be good for us
Mike Sheron going off injured in a game after about 10secs! He was useless!
Trev's goal
Oldham playoff
Palace 6-0
Players like Tony Scully, Doudou, Wardley, Bankole etc How did they make a living....
Random Loftus Road memories on 22:22 - Feb 3 with 4799 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Man Utd coming to Loftus Road in 1968, Charlton, Law, Best, Crerand, Stiles. Never been in awe of opposition like that before or since.

And another United one, Andy Grays double against them (they are up there on YouTube)

Millwall, League cup game in early nineties (?) it kicking off in every stand in the ground at the same time.

Sippo George teaching our little mob that used to stand behind the goal, in the Loft, the very best swearing in Greek before the AEK Athens home game, and the looks of amazement of the AEK players when they got non stop full on abuse.

My mate lobbing an orange at that scary jock, Kenny Burns and getting it square on the side of his head.

My Dad and I going to pay for our season tickets in summer 1968, down in the old office in Ellerslie Road, and Tony Hazell doing the admin.

The Oldham game

Rodney's nut on Sandy Jardine in the "friendly" against Glasgow Rangers.

The tiny tea hut on top of the old South Africa Road terrace.

Seeing Debbie Harry in South Africa Road.

Tuesday afternoons, skiving off to watch the ressies.

The number of mahoosive hangovers queuing for 82 cup final replay tickets.
Random Loftus Road memories on 22:36 - Feb 3 with 4764 viewsPommyhoop

Arsenal fans singing about how our girls 'have got V.D' and my Old Man ( God rest him) running down the road to get my hat back from a weasly bully gooner..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Random Loftus Road memories on 01:27 - Feb 4 with 4600 viewsBoston

Chips from the South Africa Rd Fish Bar before the match

Winning Cup games

Ambling around the terraces.

Begging for money to get in when they removed kids entry fee due to pitch incursions(?)

The fat bloke who ran on the pitch to confront an armed gunman when he didn't know it was a police training exhibition

Horse shit on the SAR.

5,000 people packed around the geezer with the radio on our way back to White City

Getting run by Bristol City at the Springbok

The tea bar in the Loft

The beer trailer inside the LR gate

Happy Fans

The bloke with long hair, long trench coat and QPR stickers on the toes of his Doc Marts

QPR Stewards

The wall going down v Chelsea

Massive rows with the Gooners

Peanut shells all over the terrace

Bloke who had a heart attack and died in the Loft

Little dogs playing football on the pitch

Oldham Play Off

Barry McGuigan

Mott the Hoople

Fans names being called out over the tannoy with the message to get to whatever hospital quickly because their wives had just gone into labour

Guessing the crowd

Bloke with no legs who scooted up and down Loftus Rd on a piece of plywood with wheels.

Long hair

Ellie

Was it always sunny back then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Random Loftus Road memories on 08:31 - Feb 4 with 4469 viewsLblock

If you were only allowed to keep one W12 memory then it would simply have to be the Oldham play off semi final. That night just simply crackled and the rush seemed to go on for ever and ever.
Not sure that night will ever come close to being repeated in terms of atmosphere, drama and emotion

Other kick fire fandoms:-
Macca ripping Lee Chapmans face off
Having the craic with Clive Wilson when I used to sit in Ellerslie after he had out skilled any number of right midfielders
The L Block mob after I moved along the stand
Blue & White bar good times in the League One promotion season
Crazy tear up with Boro on Goldhawk Road and the amount of people who spilled out of The Shepherd & Flock
Playing on the pitch in the LSA 5's final and using the changing room
Fella in the Loft who used to book out "Shoot, shoot"
LSA Denise always screaming "ave 'im!!"
Ski hats
Tommy Collins conducting South Africa Road
The squirrel game
That Paul Hart game where we won and still booed them off
Countless others

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Random Loftus Road memories on 09:24 - Feb 4 with 4354 viewsFrankRightguard

Macca pinning Andy Townsend to the floor by his throat
Kerry Dixon absolutely skying a pen in front of The Loft
Fella in The Loft spitting in Mark Hughes' curly mullet and getting the death stare from him!
Macca and Mick Harford knocking seven bells out of each other every time they met
Having a bet and hardly ever winning a thing!
Waiting around outside the box office at the crack of dawn on a Saturday to get the coach for an away game
My mate throwing a ball at Graham Poll when he ran the line in front of a the Paddock
That right hook from Impey
That goal from Sinclair
Bob in the Upper Loft who, without fail, if we were playing badly, would say "you could hold up 11 and they'd all go off"
The roof almost coming off when Furlong scored v Oldham
Adel nutmegging Joe Allen
Beef hotdogs for a season in the Upper Loft
Mackie's winner v Liverpool
Coming to see the Macca tributes

Love the place
Random Loftus Road memories on 09:34 - Feb 4 with 4323 viewsdaveB

As a kid I sat in upper loft family stand in the 80's and one of my dads mates loved getting a reaction from opposition players such as Clayton Blackmore and hurling untold abuse at les Sealey. Getting a v sign from Tony Galvin was a highlight.

Doing a work out for charity in the 80's with that woman from TVAM on the plastic pitch. I'm not sure what it was for.

Open days at the stadium, going on the pitch to meet players and have photos done with the 5 a side trophy we had just won.

Anytime we had a streaker on the pitch

Jesus we need a miracle as the bloke with long hair and a beard stood and blessed the pitch

That Taarabt goal and nutmeg against Swansea
Random Loftus Road memories on 09:39 - Feb 4 with 4841 viewsGrant165

This thread is brilliant..... one moment apart from the obvious - after Furlong scored against Oldham I remember them throwing the kitchen sink at us and Chris Day making an amazing save in the last minutes.... difficult to describe but the ball was almost under him and he some how managed to get a hand out and scoop it away.

-Amazing game v Birmingham, blizzard, Leigertwood was sent off and Carmine scoring a worldy.

- Losing to Swindon with the Loft half demolished and standing in the Paddock for the first time.

-Alan McDonald absolutely nailing Chris Kamara v Sheffield United from a corner, one of my first game standing in the loft

- my first game v Oldham we won 3-2 with Les beautifully lifting it over Paul Gerrard from an amazing Clive Wilson pass.

-Rufus Brevett just falling over for no apparent reason every now and then.

- Devon White going on a run from the halfway line v Ipswich, elbows flailing and leaving about 3 Ipswich players on the deck.

-Taking one of my best mates ,a Millwall fan, to LR for the first time and coming back from 0-2 to win 3-2 and Furlong scoring the winner.

-Realising as I got older that smell in the loft was weed!

-Thompson out protests
Random Loftus Road memories on 09:41 - Feb 4 with 4838 viewscaliforniahoop

Bowles beating player after player and my dad saying "he is still in the centre circle"
Frank Worthington scoring a Beauty for Bolton.
Beating the champions Forest 2:0
Bristol City attacking the loft, Chelsea attacking the loft.
In the summer holidays, sitting with pal and watching the South Africa being rebuilt?
6-1 West Ham win in the cup
Parkes, Goddard, Allen being sold
Signing Tony Currie, him Bowles tearing Fulham a new one.
Bobby Hazel going in for a challenge and ending up with both his legs around the players neck( the guy was standing up at the time)
Palace in QF
Beating Wolves in promotion season in 83/84
First game on plastic pitch against Luton, best game played on that pitch!
5-5 against the Toon, Wicks og, nearly walked out at halftime
Wegerle's first game
Two games against West Ham back to back, forged tickets, Hammers everywhere, great atmosphere, no trouble at all! Banister missing an open goal, second game David Pazanti? Scoring a beauty.
Gunners getting stuffed 2:0 in FA cup
Jump a few years, Celtic, beating Blackpool 5:0 on the first day of the season in the heat
Beating Plymouth 3:0 they had tons
Oldham Furlong
Luton and Leicester and home Furlong.
Hull at home
Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea Liverpool in the prem
Leeds this season.

A million more I can't remember as age is taking its toll😂
Random Loftus Road memories on 09:42 - Feb 4 with 4838 viewsPommyhoop

PP remembers this one ::
Dagliesh backheeling the ball over the bar from about a yard out in a mad goalmouth scramble on the plastic pitch..

Random Loftus Road memories on 09:52 - Feb 4 with 4826 viewscaliforniahoop

Random Loftus Road memories on 15:33 - Feb 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Random memory but have never forgot maybe the best goal against us I've seen

1978 Frank Worthington for Bolton from about the halfway line

Not random at all, I still say it's the best goal scored by the opposition at LR, glad to hear it mentioned by someone else!!
Random Loftus Road memories on 09:57 - Feb 4 with 4804 viewsPommyhoop

Put this one up before..
But its worth another showing....

Random Loftus Road memories on 09:57 - Feb 4 with 4804 viewsqprphil

Another one I have just remembered, I was standing behind the goal watching us play Everton, Gordon West was the keeper. As I stood there a group of lads were passing around a plastic bag, and all were peeing in it, when enough was in the bag someone launched it at West, it hit him on the back of the neck.!!!!!!!!!
Random Loftus Road memories on 10:00 - Feb 4 with 4802 views2Thomas2Bowles

Random Loftus Road memories on 09:41 - Feb 4 by californiahoop

Bowles beating player after player and my dad saying "he is still in the centre circle"
Frank Worthington scoring a Beauty for Bolton.
Beating the champions Forest 2:0
Bristol City attacking the loft, Chelsea attacking the loft.
In the summer holidays, sitting with pal and watching the South Africa being rebuilt?
6-1 West Ham win in the cup
Parkes, Goddard, Allen being sold
Signing Tony Currie, him Bowles tearing Fulham a new one.
Bobby Hazel going in for a challenge and ending up with both his legs around the players neck( the guy was standing up at the time)
Palace in QF
Beating Wolves in promotion season in 83/84
First game on plastic pitch against Luton, best game played on that pitch!
5-5 against the Toon, Wicks og, nearly walked out at halftime
Wegerle's first game
Two games against West Ham back to back, forged tickets, Hammers everywhere, great atmosphere, no trouble at all! Banister missing an open goal, second game David Pazanti? Scoring a beauty.
Gunners getting stuffed 2:0 in FA cup
Jump a few years, Celtic, beating Blackpool 5:0 on the first day of the season in the heat
Beating Plymouth 3:0 they had tons
Oldham Furlong
Luton and Leicester and home Furlong.
Hull at home
Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea Liverpool in the prem
Leeds this season.

A million more I can't remember as age is taking its toll😂

Frank Worthington scoring a Beauty for Bolton

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that remembered that.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Random Loftus Road memories on 10:01 - Feb 4 with 4786 viewsDiscodroids

far to many to list but the one that sticks out was Memories of feeling like Iggy Pop performing 'Passengers' at the factory in front of Andy warhol, Lou Reed, john Cale and the New york dolls as i was held aloft head height and crowd surfing the length and back of the school end by those east end scamps bedecked in roscoe tanner sergio tacchini tracksuit tops at the fa cup game in 1988. (i was ten stone in those days, not the beautiful 15 and a half stone demi god i am now)

Unfortunately my dreams of a threesome with anita pallenberg and debbie harry augmented by the finest pharmaceutical qualuudes known to humanity were shattered by a Raucous romford knees up muvva brown chorus of 'shit shoveller' directed at our groundsman, who was indeed shovelling shit into a bucket.

Things got even worse when we scored a third and the West ham went colonel kurtz crazy looking to give any of gods creations a dry slap and a calling card. I acted like dennis hopper in blue velvet giving the performance of my life that i was west ham through and through to survive the event horizon mayhem that day. I couldnt expunge my joy safely until i got to newbury park where i could let out an schwarzenegger /predator roar of u'rsss ecstatic white light joy.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 10:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Random Loftus Road memories on 10:03 - Feb 4 with 4788 views2Thomas2Bowles

Random Loftus Road memories on 09:52 - Feb 4 by californiahoop

Not random at all, I still say it's the best goal scored by the opposition at LR, glad to hear it mentioned by someone else!!

Lol just replied above and yes as I said before best ever that I've seen.
Wonderfull footballer like our Stan.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Random Loftus Road memories on 10:16 - Feb 4 with 4757 views18StoneOfHoop

Random Loftus Road memories on 09:24 - Feb 4 by FrankRightguard

Macca pinning Andy Townsend to the floor by his throat
Kerry Dixon absolutely skying a pen in front of The Loft
Fella in The Loft spitting in Mark Hughes' curly mullet and getting the death stare from him!
Macca and Mick Harford knocking seven bells out of each other every time they met
Having a bet and hardly ever winning a thing!
Waiting around outside the box office at the crack of dawn on a Saturday to get the coach for an away game
My mate throwing a ball at Graham Poll when he ran the line in front of a the Paddock
That right hook from Impey
That goal from Sinclair
Bob in the Upper Loft who, without fail, if we were playing badly, would say "you could hold up 11 and they'd all go off"
The roof almost coming off when Furlong scored v Oldham
Adel nutmegging Joe Allen
Beef hotdogs for a season in the Upper Loft
Mackie's winner v Liverpool
Coming to see the Macca tributes

Love the place

So many memories.
Wonderful Bush,Beautiful People.

By Gad everybody,it's good to be clean!

[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 10:57]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024