Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report 14:01 - Feb 12 with 2676 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/45074
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 15:03 - Feb 12 with 2609 viewssmegma

The recent Burton match report had the immortal observation " only at QPR can you bring a game forward to ease fixture congestion then field a weakened team because of 3 games in 7 days".. We witnessed another QPRism/ Ollyism yesterday.Two minutes on the clock. You win the first corner of the game. Down the school end by the west paddock. You put the big guns in the box including a player who is about 6 ft 13 inches making his home debut. And the players elect to take a short corner and completely and utterly cock it up. Only at QPR. Only under Ollie it seems.

As well as we may have played yesterday, that's our sixth home defeat under Holloway and we haven't reached double figures in games yet. No clean sheets in those nine home games either. Not while you have our 'captain' being picked week in week out.The only time he hasn't played we won two on the trot . Time he was put out to pasture ....but it's two years too late.
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 15:45 - Feb 12 with 2556 viewsNorthernr

I think Onuoha is the latest scapegoat but I agree with you on the the short corner. devil's work, particularly with Smith in there like you say.
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 16:01 - Feb 12 with 2525 viewssmegma

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 15:45 - Feb 12 by Northernr

I think Onuoha is the latest scapegoat but I agree with you on the the short corner. devil's work, particularly with Smith in there like you say.

I don't do 'scapegoats'. Since Onuoha became captain his high standards dropped immediately. He really has been treading water these past two and a bit seasons. If he has a good game I praise him. If he plays badly I criticise constructively. For instance, he should have been closer to Wells and stopped the cross that led to the first goal. The bit where he had the ball on the halfway line, we've got them under pressure chasing an equaliser and he elected to pass it back to Smithies. Proving he doesn't have confidence in his own ability to be able to pass to a colleague further upfield. The loud groans from the stands was understandable. Captain my arse.
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 17:57 - Feb 12 with 2420 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 16:01 - Feb 12 by smegma

I don't do 'scapegoats'. Since Onuoha became captain his high standards dropped immediately. He really has been treading water these past two and a bit seasons. If he has a good game I praise him. If he plays badly I criticise constructively. For instance, he should have been closer to Wells and stopped the cross that led to the first goal. The bit where he had the ball on the halfway line, we've got them under pressure chasing an equaliser and he elected to pass it back to Smithies. Proving he doesn't have confidence in his own ability to be able to pass to a colleague further upfield. The loud groans from the stands was understandable. Captain my arse.

If a 1000 people called me shit for 90 minutes while I was at work I'd probably lose confidence in my abilities too.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2017 17:57]
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 18:57 - Feb 12 with 2359 viewssmegma

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 17:57 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

If a 1000 people called me shit for 90 minutes while I was at work I'd probably lose confidence in my abilities too.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2017 17:57]

Which is what happened to Karl Henry. I've never called a player shit before. And I saw Brian Croft in the reserves.
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 20:30 - Feb 12 with 2253 viewsGloryHunter

Viewed from the Upper Loft, it was clear that a few seconds before Huddersfield's second goal, Jake Bidwell, our LEFT BACK, was playing on the far right, on the half-way line, next to the dugouts. Was this some crazy attempt at "Total Football", I asked myself? Huddersfield quickly switched the ball across to the Bidwell-less side of the field, and a goal resulted while he was still scampering back into position.

I also failed to see the the point of removing Wzsolek with ten minutes to go - I thought he had a good game, and disagree with your mark of 6. Ngbakoto did nothing of any note, and we had lost our wide-man outball on that side.
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 20:42 - Feb 12 with 2230 viewsNorthernr

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 20:30 - Feb 12 by GloryHunter

Viewed from the Upper Loft, it was clear that a few seconds before Huddersfield's second goal, Jake Bidwell, our LEFT BACK, was playing on the far right, on the half-way line, next to the dugouts. Was this some crazy attempt at "Total Football", I asked myself? Huddersfield quickly switched the ball across to the Bidwell-less side of the field, and a goal resulted while he was still scampering back into position.

I also failed to see the the point of removing Wzsolek with ten minutes to go - I thought he had a good game, and disagree with your mark of 6. Ngbakoto did nothing of any note, and we had lost our wide-man outball on that side.

I felt Wzsolek struggled/was wasted at right back hence the six - like you say, having his best spell in the game when he was taken off, so that made no sense. Not much that Holloway did yesterday did make sense TBF.

The second goal, I think you hold your hands up., fantastic goal from a fantastic team. Sometimes it's just a good goal.
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 01:28 - Feb 13 with 2089 viewssmegma

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 20:30 - Feb 12 by GloryHunter

I thought Wszolek looked knackered.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 09:50 - Feb 13 with 1951 viewsJeff

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 01:28 - Feb 13 by smegma

I thought Wszolek looked knackered.

maybe it's just the way he carries himself, but he always looks knackered to me!

So many times after 20 minutes i've seen him with his arms lolloping by his side and looking like he's just climbed the stairs at the away end of St James Park, before then setting off on a 60 yard run with no issues at all - think it's just his demeanor!

Can we not knock it?

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 11:04 - Feb 13 with 1897 viewsMarshy

Looking at the positives, at last we have someone in Matt Smith who can win balls in the air, and is a very decent header of the ball. On the face of it perhaps the best since Helguson. I thought Luke Freeman was outstanding in the relatively short time we saw him. It's just a question of Ollie finding the right team formula, but this has to be over the entire 90 minutes. Up till now we've just been too inconsistent. With also Revel Morrison still to come I'm sure we will improve, but it needs to happen fast as time is rapidly running out.
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 11:52 - Feb 13 with 1869 viewsTacticalR

3-5-2 (or variations thereof) never seems to work for us.

One time we tried to play it against Blackpool and Clint Hill and Benoît Assou-Ekotto ended up covering the same area and treading on each others toes.

This time around it looked like we had the opposite problem when Bidwell didn't seem to know what he was doing and periodically there was a big space on the left and Wszołek didn't look too comfortable defending either.

You really need players who understand how to play this system (although even that went wrong when Harry bet everything on 3-5-2 and got in Eduardo 'I'm not coming on' Vargas and Isla).

Air hostess clique

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 12:34 - Feb 13 with 1833 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 20:42 - Feb 12 by Northernr

I felt Wzsolek struggled/was wasted at right back hence the six - like you say, having his best spell in the game when he was taken off, so that made no sense. Not much that Holloway did yesterday did make sense TBF.

The second goal, I think you hold your hands up., fantastic goal from a fantastic team. Sometimes it's just a good goal.

Wzsolek was quite obviously struggling with a knock wasn't he? Was grimacing and running oddly when he came off. Looked to me like he'd been struggling for a while.

Bare bones.

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 16:14 - Feb 13 with 1687 viewsdaveB

Hadn't Bidwell just taken a corner on the right and they broke on us, he seemed to keep taking set pieces on that side and then no one was covering him
QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 02:19 - Feb 14 with 1507 viewssmegma

QPR's second half rally can't prevent predictable outcome - Report on 11:04 - Feb 13 by Marshy

Looking at the positives, at last we have someone in Matt Smith who can win balls in the air, and is a very decent header of the ball. On the face of it perhaps the best since Helguson. I thought Luke Freeman was outstanding in the relatively short time we saw him. It's just a question of Ollie finding the right team formula, but this has to be over the entire 90 minutes. Up till now we've just been too inconsistent. With also Revel Morrison still to come I'm sure we will improve, but it needs to happen fast as time is rapidly running out.

In the player ratings on here Freeman was voted our best player!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024