Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood 11:43 - Apr 21 with 2272 viewsDando

Most seems relatively confident here of survival this season, but how crucial now could that "goal" be that was not given away to Blackburn. Shows how important these decisions can be. Not that we should be in this position to start with. Could potentially keep Blackburn up, but send us the other way (although unlikely)
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 13:25 - Apr 21 with 2144 viewsbosh67

Interesting point. Although realistically losing 5 in a row is quite a big reason we find ourselves even considering the point.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 13:39 - Apr 21 with 2130 viewsPinnerPaul

In a 46 game season blaming relegation on one decision is a little silly.
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 13:45 - Apr 21 with 2123 viewsrunningman75

I think goal line technology is coming in next season. We have to spend our pre-season showing players what a goal is. Maybe start with the how to coach football for 6 year olds book.
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:05 - Apr 21 with 2071 viewsLongsufferingR

Same discussion on here after Clint's goal at Bolton. That turned out OK in the end! Don't see it being as closely run this time.
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:18 - Apr 21 with 2037 viewsToast_R

There must be a decision this season that has gone in our favour. Somewhere?

I reckon tomorrow will tell you a lot about what Holloway is able to get out of his players. A derby match against a good opposition, points needed and a hostile environment to boot. Has all the signs of a classic QPR wilt. But they also have the chance to stand up and be counted, if only they have the guts for it. The way the last 5 matches have gone, I'd have 3 or 4 nil to Brentford with the gap between QPR and 22nd getting ever closer.
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:31 - Apr 21 with 1998 viewsJuzzie

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 13:39 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

In the same way that a lot of people refer to the Norwich away game back in 76 that cost us the Division 1 title.

Yes, it seems there were some strange ref decisions that day but we had other results that season that could have been better.
That Blackburn on 14:33 - Apr 21 with 1995 viewsterryb

OK, award Blackburn the goal at Wednesday, but then you have to award us our goal at Blackburn.

Would that not leave Blackburn on the same points as they are on now or would they be worse off? It probably would have meant that we won up there so they would be worse off & unable to catch us.

Strangely enough Bolton never considered the effect of the Hill goal had it been given when they moaned about the decisions at Stoke in their last game!

Edit - I've just re-read the OP. For some reason I had it in my mind that the "goal" not given that he referred to was the Blackburn goal away to Wednesday!

Therefore, my coments are completely irrelevant!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 15:31]
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:47 - Apr 21 with 1967 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 13:39 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

I don't agree. It might well be the difference in sending someone else down (hopefully not us)
Login to get fewer ads

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:50 - Apr 21 with 1960 viewsCamberleyR

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:31 - Apr 21 by Juzzie

In the same way that a lot of people refer to the Norwich away game back in 76 that cost us the Division 1 title.

Yes, it seems there were some strange ref decisions that day but we had other results that season that could have been better.

The most frustrating thing about 'that' Norwich game was that going into it the title was in our own hands, we had 55 points and Liverpool 54 and we had won eleven and drawn one of the previous twelve.

More damaging over the season was amazingly not beating any of the bottom five teams away from home, a paltry three points from ten, when Liverpool managed eight.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 15:54 - Apr 21 with 1893 viewsPinnerPaul

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:18 - Apr 21 by Toast_R

There must be a decision this season that has gone in our favour. Somewhere?

I reckon tomorrow will tell you a lot about what Holloway is able to get out of his players. A derby match against a good opposition, points needed and a hostile environment to boot. Has all the signs of a classic QPR wilt. But they also have the chance to stand up and be counted, if only they have the guts for it. The way the last 5 matches have gone, I'd have 3 or 4 nil to Brentford with the gap between QPR and 22nd getting ever closer.

To be fair, general consensus was Leeds away was one of our best away performances and Elland Road is pretty hostile.
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 1849 viewsloftus77

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 14:31 - Apr 21 by Juzzie

Yes - Sheff Utd away. 0-0. Criminal.
That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 17:01 - Apr 21 with 1842 viewsToast_R

That Blackburn "goal" that never stood on 15:54 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

To be fair, general consensus was Leeds away was one of our best away performances and Elland Road is pretty hostile.

On the back of a decent bit of form though whilst at Brentford which will be 100 times more hostile towards QPR then Elland Road will ever be, QPR have to turn around woeful form where the art of defending is looking as disorganised as the dark few weeks where Zesh Rehman and John Curtis were charged with "keeping things tight".

Big brass ones needed tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024