Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:58 - Sep 29 with 6707 viewsAgedR

Really not much to complain about, I didn't think.

First time we've dominated a half against Fulham since god knows when. Energy, effort and skill. The midfield three were fantastic again. I also thought Sylla showed enough to be given a run in the side. Another positive was Robinson, who really seems to have found his feet, after this run in the side.

Negatives, Lynch; I'm no expert, but, the bloke looks in dire need of coaching to get his body positioning right. Shocking for the pen.

And we desperately lack a goal scorer, but, we all know that.

I like this lot though. They want it. MOM, though Scowen just shaded Luongo and Freeman, but, only a fag papers width between the three.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Just back on 23:03 - Sep 29 with 4961 viewsGuppy22

I thought that wasn't scowens best game for us, in the end we were unlucky, my mom was Robinson, thought he was superb today, you'd have thought that it was lynch not the normal centre back. Also really liked the look of wheeler again
Just back on 23:25 - Sep 29 with 4766 viewsstevec

Just back on 23:03 - Sep 29 by Guppy22

I thought that wasn't scowens best game for us, in the end we were unlucky, my mom was Robinson, thought he was superb today, you'd have thought that it was lynch not the normal centre back. Also really liked the look of wheeler again

Proud of them tonight, gave their all just not quite enough.

Luongo, Robinson, Sylla, Freeman superb effort. First half hard to find fault anywhere, second Lynch tired and hard to fathom why Ollie took the limited amount of width he had with substitutions.

Just hope the better players don't lose heart, then we'd struggle.
Just back on 23:30 - Sep 29 with 4731 viewsbosh67

I think we got the team selection wrong against a team that play from the back and counter attack. We didn't press them high enough for long enough. They outpaced us and we let them grow into the game.

Our finishing in the 1st half was embarrassing. But we really have to ask Ollie WHERE THE F*CK IS OUR WIDTH?? Pav is way out of form, we have Wheeler, Samuel and a host of options yet we just don't use them most the time. Sylla and Smith constantly being asked to have their backs to the goal pulling balls out the sky rather than playing the strengths of having forwards run on to the ball, running towards the goal. Our lack of width and lack of pressing with intensity cost us tonight. Ollie didn't seem to have the tactical awareness to know what to do, and we can't spend every game trying to get out of jail.

Two brighter spots were Robinson, really starting to look like a good player. Luongo, really good again tonight, always on the front foot and by far the best of that middle 3 tonight.

Fulham would have been stuffed by a Prem side tonight but we let them pass it about their area and to be fair to them they punished us, almost at will.

Yes, yes, I know it was Sky and I know we have a terrible injury list at the back but... Nothing to the byline on the right and nothing at all down the left means we will spend a lot of time having to pull games back. First time I have come away feeling worried. Ollie refuses to play with any width and if we remember last season, he didn't play with any width then.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 23:32 - Sep 29 with 4689 viewsted_hendrix

Just cant make evening games anymore so I value 'just back' posts.

Thing is for me including tonight's result bloody Fulham have scored 5 goals in their last two away games whereas in our last 2 home games we've only managed to score once, I didn't for one minute expect us to win tonight and I'd have taken a draw before KO.

We seem to now have the nucleus of a good squad but goal scoring is a problem, with two excellent ex QPR strikers on the back room staff in Ferdinand and Furlong I cant understand that.

Cant dwell on tonight's result or let heads drop, gotta get back on the training pitch.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just back on 23:37 - Sep 29 with 4655 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back on 23:30 - Sep 29 by bosh67

I think we got the team selection wrong against a team that play from the back and counter attack. We didn't press them high enough for long enough. They outpaced us and we let them grow into the game.

Our finishing in the 1st half was embarrassing. But we really have to ask Ollie WHERE THE F*CK IS OUR WIDTH?? Pav is way out of form, we have Wheeler, Samuel and a host of options yet we just don't use them most the time. Sylla and Smith constantly being asked to have their backs to the goal pulling balls out the sky rather than playing the strengths of having forwards run on to the ball, running towards the goal. Our lack of width and lack of pressing with intensity cost us tonight. Ollie didn't seem to have the tactical awareness to know what to do, and we can't spend every game trying to get out of jail.

Two brighter spots were Robinson, really starting to look like a good player. Luongo, really good again tonight, always on the front foot and by far the best of that middle 3 tonight.

Fulham would have been stuffed by a Prem side tonight but we let them pass it about their area and to be fair to them they punished us, almost at will.

Yes, yes, I know it was Sky and I know we have a terrible injury list at the back but... Nothing to the byline on the right and nothing at all down the left means we will spend a lot of time having to pull games back. First time I have come away feeling worried. Ollie refuses to play with any width and if we remember last season, he didn't play with any width then.

We did press high, all game. Any higher and if you don't win it, you leave space for them to exploit. If we'd done what you advocate there they'd have picked us off easily.
Agree about the width though. Crying out for it 2nd half and only improved when wash and wheeler were either side of smith

Bare bones.

Just back on 23:37 - Sep 29 with 4647 viewsTacticalR

The lads did us proud. The midfield was excellent. We certainly were not shown up by Fulham as we have been on previous occasions.

Unfortunately we are lacking up front. Smith did not win anything in the air even though the Fulham CB was shorter than him (although still tall). Pavel can't get his power crosses in at the moment and seems to be heading into a slump.

As for Fulham I've never seen a team play out from the back but starting so deep - I am not sure if that was born of supreme confidence on their part or was just foolhardy.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 23:43 - Sep 29 with 4588 viewsPunteR

Pretty much agree with AgedR.
We battled hard in this game and deserved a point at least.
Maybe our midfield pushed up a bit too much which exposed our makeshift defence?. I dont think we can be too hard on Lynch after just coming back from injury. Having said that he's never been the quickest or nimble. We did seem to allow a lot of space for Fulham who caught us on the counter a few times. I thought Bidwell had a great game first half though.

Our midfield 3 Scowen, Freeman and Luongo are a joy to watch. Just fantastic engines ,fighting tooth and nail for the ball and with clever little passes. Scowen is making this team tick.
I thought Fulham defended well but our forwards are lacking a bit of quality. Smith hardly wins anything in the air for such a big lump. Smithies almost taught our forwards a lesson or two at the end with the header and got a massive round of applause for his effort. It crossed my mind that him missing the goal was probably a good thing anyway, can you imagine the attention he might start getting from other clubs..? Yeh he was rubbish tonight..
Anyone looking at this result and asking questions of Ollie need to have a look at the last 6 -7 years. This is a team that has made vast improvements . It looks and feels like a proper team out there.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2017 23:46]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 23:56 - Sep 29 with 4490 viewsbosh67

Just back on 23:37 - Sep 29 by TacticalR

The lads did us proud. The midfield was excellent. We certainly were not shown up by Fulham as we have been on previous occasions.

Unfortunately we are lacking up front. Smith did not win anything in the air even though the Fulham CB was shorter than him (although still tall). Pavel can't get his power crosses in at the moment and seems to be heading into a slump.

As for Fulham I've never seen a team play out from the back but starting so deep - I am not sure if that was born of supreme confidence on their part or was just foolhardy.

Smith spends so many games with his back to goal picking balls out the sky. Sylla spent much of the game pulling balls off his chest with his back to goal. Both of these players need to be facing goals and running onto chances. But we have f*ck all width and we refuse to have any width, so our front players are generally doomed to having their backs to goal. And forwards don't score that many goals with their backs to goal for much of a game. WIDTH! WINGERS! A big part of our problem scoring goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 00:21 - Sep 30 with 4374 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 23:56 - Sep 29 by bosh67

Smith spends so many games with his back to goal picking balls out the sky. Sylla spent much of the game pulling balls off his chest with his back to goal. Both of these players need to be facing goals and running onto chances. But we have f*ck all width and we refuse to have any width, so our front players are generally doomed to having their backs to goal. And forwards don't score that many goals with their backs to goal for much of a game. WIDTH! WINGERS! A big part of our problem scoring goals.

I agree with a lot of what's been said, but found the game SO frustrating.

I thought we deserved to win. We had more ball for longer in dangerous positions. We had 25 efforts, but also refused to shoot countless times. We played well for the majority (bar 70-90).

BUT,

Joel Lynch. Jesus Christ. Atrocious. Appalling. Awful. You could watch that tape back and tear him one. Clearly he wasn't match fit, but his decision making was that of Katie Price with a lobotomy. Almost every time the ball came near him he made the decision: go tight, drop off, clear first time, take a touch, dive in, stay on your feet, go to the ball, track the runner.....almost every time he got it wrong. How anyone can date criticise Onouha's all round game compared to that embarrassment is beyond me. He was woefully inept.

Secondly, we seem to need to create 30 plus chances to win a game. 25 efforts today. 1 goal. Burton was 20, I think. Hull was 30 odd, I think. This is just ridiculous. Mackie offered nothing today. I thought Sylla was excellent (save for failing to put some half chances away). Sylla and Wash for me next up.

Finally, Ollie. Those subs completely screwed us. Pav did not have his best game, but he gave us width. All our best stuff in the first half came down the right. When he went off, and Mackie went "wide" (he did nothing of the sort) our shape collapsed and we had our worst spell. We ended up with loads of strikes and playing super narrow with no one to supply balls into the box. Cue long balls from deep. Wheeler or Bright should have come on for Pav and the shale retained.

They battled hard. The midfield trio, especially Luongo were excellent. And Robinson was good. But, again, we've out played someone, created twice the chances, but not won. Very frustrating.
Just back on 00:26 - Sep 30 with 4354 viewsplasmahoop

I think we are moving in the right direction, but are still a bit lacking. Wasn't sure why wsolek was subbed, needed his crossing ( unless he was injured)
Think Fulham were pretty cynical and dirty, and while I don't like that, maybe that's what we've got to be like a bit more.
As for people having a go at lynch, I don't think he caught him for the penalty, if anyone did it was the other player afterwards. And Robinson had a decent game, but turned his back and face away for the first goal which is a bit of a no no.
Just back on 00:28 - Sep 30 with 4340 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just back on 00:26 - Sep 30 by plasmahoop

I think we are moving in the right direction, but are still a bit lacking. Wasn't sure why wsolek was subbed, needed his crossing ( unless he was injured)
Think Fulham were pretty cynical and dirty, and while I don't like that, maybe that's what we've got to be like a bit more.
As for people having a go at lynch, I don't think he caught him for the penalty, if anyone did it was the other player afterwards. And Robinson had a decent game, but turned his back and face away for the first goal which is a bit of a no no.

That sub was a bit odd but Psv didn't have a great game. I'd have swapped him for Wheeler.
Just back on 00:29 - Sep 30 with 4332 viewssmegma

Of our 'forwards', Mackie has started the most games but has been subbed in all 10 games. Yet still gets picked week in week out. I never knew he was on the pitch until the 40th minute tonight. Like most games. He started the season very well but has been poor in this five match winless stretch.
Just back on 08:02 - Sep 30 with 3919 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just back on 00:21 - Sep 30 by Hunterhoop

I agree with a lot of what's been said, but found the game SO frustrating.

I thought we deserved to win. We had more ball for longer in dangerous positions. We had 25 efforts, but also refused to shoot countless times. We played well for the majority (bar 70-90).

BUT,

Joel Lynch. Jesus Christ. Atrocious. Appalling. Awful. You could watch that tape back and tear him one. Clearly he wasn't match fit, but his decision making was that of Katie Price with a lobotomy. Almost every time the ball came near him he made the decision: go tight, drop off, clear first time, take a touch, dive in, stay on your feet, go to the ball, track the runner.....almost every time he got it wrong. How anyone can date criticise Onouha's all round game compared to that embarrassment is beyond me. He was woefully inept.

Secondly, we seem to need to create 30 plus chances to win a game. 25 efforts today. 1 goal. Burton was 20, I think. Hull was 30 odd, I think. This is just ridiculous. Mackie offered nothing today. I thought Sylla was excellent (save for failing to put some half chances away). Sylla and Wash for me next up.

Finally, Ollie. Those subs completely screwed us. Pav did not have his best game, but he gave us width. All our best stuff in the first half came down the right. When he went off, and Mackie went "wide" (he did nothing of the sort) our shape collapsed and we had our worst spell. We ended up with loads of strikes and playing super narrow with no one to supply balls into the box. Cue long balls from deep. Wheeler or Bright should have come on for Pav and the shale retained.

They battled hard. The midfield trio, especially Luongo were excellent. And Robinson was good. But, again, we've out played someone, created twice the chances, but not won. Very frustrating.

Hang on.
"we seem to need to create 30 plus chances to win a game. 25 efforts today. 1 goal. Burton was 20, I think. Hull was 30 odd" Plus 20 odd v Millwall ?

How many of those chances came from the wing yet we still don't take them ?

We need a goal scorer, that's the only real problem up front, Wash goal was a bit lucky deflecting over the keeper.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Just back on 08:23 - Sep 30 with 3824 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 08:02 - Sep 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hang on.
"we seem to need to create 30 plus chances to win a game. 25 efforts today. 1 goal. Burton was 20, I think. Hull was 30 odd" Plus 20 odd v Millwall ?

How many of those chances came from the wing yet we still don't take them ?

We need a goal scorer, that's the only real problem up front, Wash goal was a bit lucky deflecting over the keeper.

We're saying the same thing. Millwall was 31 shots, I think.

A lot of those chances came from the wing, but not all.

Yes, we need a goal scorer, but we can't sign one due to the transfer window being shut and having no money. Frankly, the forwards and midfielders we have must do better. Our conversion rate is very poor. We're not maintaining our composure. We seem to treat chances like they're not that important as we'll have another couple in a few mins.

It's great we're creating chances, and again, I thought our midfield 3 ran the game. Save for the spell after Pav went off, whilst Mackie was "wide", until Wheeler came on, we were the better side.

But we have got to stop being so wasteful.
Just back on 08:27 - Sep 30 with 3799 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 00:29 - Sep 30 by smegma

Of our 'forwards', Mackie has started the most games but has been subbed in all 10 games. Yet still gets picked week in week out. I never knew he was on the pitch until the 40th minute tonight. Like most games. He started the season very well but has been poor in this five match winless stretch.

Indeed, Sylla had a much better game and offered a lot more. Mackie's offering very little at present. How many tackles or interceptions did he make as part of our high press? Did he get on the end of a cross? Did he make the ball stick? How many efforts at goal did he have? Great bloke. Others deserve to playing ahead of him.
Just back on 08:29 - Sep 30 with 3789 viewsHarbour

Yes we had chances but did not take them but this is a different team to last year and we were a bit unlucky with the first goal a draw would have been a fair result.
Just back on 08:34 - Sep 30 with 3768 viewscorse

seen just three games this season and i must say that we ve done better than i thought under mr holloways reign. didnt want him here and still dont.

against fulham we dominated periods and did look dangerous in couple of attacks but... we seriously do need a decent goalscorer. even when we created something i couldnt see from where the goals could come from.
also did let them start their counter attacks too easily. and our style of high pressing game is leaving serious gaps in to the midfield which fulham used in couple of occasions.
both their goals and what did happen before their missed pen were cause of these things mentioned.
happy to see our defenders do have some pace otherwise it could have been ugly scoreline.
sylla was ok in the first half then vanished. lynch was quite decent so no reason to slag him off. he has been out a while and defo he is better than caulker. baptiste had a good game and cannot blame robinson for their goal. bad luck nothing else. freeman and scowen and wheeler are absolute gems but i do have my concerns about luongo.
but i really do wonder what the heck mackie has to do to be dropped. he is a very poor player nowadays.
we do have a decent premier league goalie, decent championship defense, good championship midfield, but league one forwards.
Just back on 08:35 - Sep 30 with 3756 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 08:29 - Sep 30 by Harbour

Yes we had chances but did not take them but this is a different team to last year and we were a bit unlucky with the first goal a draw would have been a fair result.

Agree. But, for all that we're better, until we stop being so wasteful, we'll end up like we were last year. Next two games are away. Lose both and we'll be 13 from 13. At some point we have to start turning efforts into goals.
Just back on 08:48 - Sep 30 with 3692 viewsHadders

Can't help replaying Smithies' header in injury time - if only it had gone in! Small point - fans who left after Fulham's first goal missed possibly the most exciting 15 minutes or so this season.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 8:50]
Just back on 09:36 - Sep 30 with 3478 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 08:48 - Sep 30 by Hadders

Can't help replaying Smithies' header in injury time - if only it had gone in! Small point - fans who left after Fulham's first goal missed possibly the most exciting 15 minutes or so this season.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 8:50]

I have a vision of it arrowing into the top-right corner. The net bulging. Glorious!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 09:47 - Sep 30 with 3410 viewsDieByYourSide

Disgustingly reasonable analysis OP, must do better next time.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Just back on 11:01 - Sep 30 with 3168 viewsqprphil

I think we were a little unlucky, had we had an Austin up front, we would be in the top six, but we haven't. I do think we need to get a few more crosses in if we are going to continue with a big lump up front, a player who can get to the bye -line and cross otherwise what's the point playing either of the big guys. Maybe we should try some of the smaller quicker ones up front, they couldn't do any worse, could they.? I f we don't start converting some of these games into wins, the confidence will go, and it's going to make it a long hard season.
Just back on 11:22 - Sep 30 with 3087 viewsdaveB

I'd agree the team needs width but to do that we either play 1 up front or drop one of the midfield 3 and I'm not sure that is the right thing to do.

Lynch was abysmal again, that defending for the second goal was a joke although he was unlucky with the penalty that was a clear dive, not sure why he was blaming Bidwell again though, those two clearly don't get on

Overall though we were very unlucky last night. Midfield 3 were excellent, Mackie worked very hard again and Washington took his goal well. I've never seen a team throw themselves on the floor and time waste as much as Fulham did. A lot to be positive about, the team fight till the end now, which hasn't happened for a couple of years
Just back on 11:34 - Sep 30 with 3046 viewsenfieldargh

Pav seems a little below par the last few games. Still did OK last night but a little bit of fiz has gone from his game.

Didnt think he should have gone as Jamie contributed little attacking threat but his constant harrying of defenders is where he scores points with IH I guess.

Lynch did ok until the end of the game when I think his concentrations levels may a fallen.

As for Fulham they are insistent on playing fast out from the back and do it very well even with Mackie doing his Jack Russell impersonation at their heels

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back on 11:47 - Sep 30 with 2991 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just back on 11:22 - Sep 30 by daveB

I'd agree the team needs width but to do that we either play 1 up front or drop one of the midfield 3 and I'm not sure that is the right thing to do.

Lynch was abysmal again, that defending for the second goal was a joke although he was unlucky with the penalty that was a clear dive, not sure why he was blaming Bidwell again though, those two clearly don't get on

Overall though we were very unlucky last night. Midfield 3 were excellent, Mackie worked very hard again and Washington took his goal well. I've never seen a team throw themselves on the floor and time waste as much as Fulham did. A lot to be positive about, the team fight till the end now, which hasn't happened for a couple of years

I think Lynch needs to look a bit closer to home for someone to blame. Goal was 100% down to him.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024