Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FLA March Today 22:00 - Oct 7 with 17353 viewsRangersw12

Anyone from here go ?

Decent turn out from Rangers and a very peaceful march considering must have been 15k +
FLA March Today on 19:03 - Oct 9 with 3083 viewsSharpy36

Found this, the guy was asked what his reaction was to some members of the far left lfw.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 19:04]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

FLA March Today on 20:19 - Oct 9 with 3009 viewsBushRanger82

FLA March Today on 10:51 - Oct 9 by loftboy

Exactly

LOL.
FLA March Today on 21:52 - Oct 9 with 2895 viewsTacticalR

I always think it's the moderates who are much more dangerous than the extremists.

After all wasn't it the moderates who launched the Gulf War, killed hundreds of thousands of people, and created chaos in the Middle East? Yes, they've got a lot to answer for.

Be that as it may, it's pretty obvious that despite the name, this isn't a march isn't against any old extremism, but a particular brand of extremism which the organisers are too polite to mention, although everyone instinctively knows which particular brand of extremism they have in mind. Which is why you get the rare spectacle of a tribal gathering of rotund whey-faced 'lads' with billiard ball heads mustering in a cosmopolitan city. A rare sight indeed.

P.S. I have nothing in particular against rotund whey-faced 'lads' with billiard ball heads as I was born into that tribe myself.

Air hostess clique

FLA March Today on 22:20 - Oct 9 with 2855 viewsLblock

FLA March Today on 18:26 - Oct 9 by Rangersw12

Any links ?

Think of the children........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FLA March Today on 22:22 - Oct 9 with 2850 viewsLblock

FLA March Today on 12:11 - Oct 9 by Brightonhoop

Interesting how we read things differently.

I thought it was interesting that potentially violent groups from different clubs were able to set differences aside and walk together without incident, in a bid to persuade others to cease violence. As with many things it has lost its impact second or third time around. And may be invaribly hijacked by other agendas. But it was impressive first time out.

What?

You mean the 4th summer of love has arrived in Autumn?!?! Damn!

Give it a house beat, some repeteitve lyrics and a smattering of Gary Abletts and it'll be 1989 all over again.

(May I direct you to another thread covering this in initimate detail...... )

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FLA March Today on 10:20 - Oct 10 with 2668 viewsDorse

FLA March Today on 12:11 - Oct 9 by robith

I've nothing to add except Football Lads Alliance is possibly the worst name I've heard for anything, ever

Team Work Against Terrorism in Society?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

FLA March Today on 10:54 - Oct 10 with 2636 viewsBromleyHoop

FLA March Today on 08:31 - Oct 9 by smegma

And politics and football shouldn't mix.

Tell that to David Wheeler please.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

FLA March Today on 11:15 - Oct 10 with 2610 viewsThe_Mole

FLA March Today on 16:49 - Oct 8 by PunteR

If anything i would have thought they are making football more of a target for terrorism.
15000 hard blokes are not going to stop terrorism unfortunately. As much as id love them to.

So what's the answer; keep quiet and do nothing and hope it get's brushed under the carpet in fear of offending someone?!
Login to get fewer ads

FLA March Today on 11:21 - Oct 10 with 2605 viewsBromleyHoop

This is another example of the rise of ‘populism’. Working class people who don’t particularly identify with either of the two main parties and are sneered at for the views they hold and an assumed lack of education. It’s actually quite an interesting modern political phenomena.
It is true however that movements like this are very susceptible to being exploited by the far right and I’d be surprised if, as has already been suggested, it is not a cynical, exploitative means of gaining support under the guise of some connection to football, by people with some questionable beliefs.
How3ver this does not mean that anyone who attends Marches like this and expresses concerns about terrorism or more pertinently Islamic fundamentalism, Muslim attitudes to homosexuals and same sex marriage, ex Muslims or women’s rights is racist or an Islamophobe. Far, far from it. It does however seem that any wider scrutiny or questioning of the attitudes of ‘mainstream’ Islamic beliefs is sadly somewhat taboo and easily dismissed as being Islamophobic. That is even more easy to dismiss if it accompanied by some rather facile football type chanting.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

FLA March Today on 12:02 - Oct 10 with 2555 viewsTacticalR

BromleyHoop, nobody on this thread has said anything about education. It's my perception that anti-Muslim views are spread through all sections of society (e.g. Gove's book on Muslims).

Air hostess clique

FLA March Today on 12:54 - Oct 10 with 2493 viewsMrSheen

FLA March Today on 12:02 - Oct 10 by TacticalR

BromleyHoop, nobody on this thread has said anything about education. It's my perception that anti-Muslim views are spread through all sections of society (e.g. Gove's book on Muslims).

Have you read it?
FLA March Today on 13:18 - Oct 10 with 2458 viewsPunteR

FLA March Today on 11:15 - Oct 10 by The_Mole

So what's the answer; keep quiet and do nothing and hope it get's brushed under the carpet in fear of offending someone?!

Are you actually asking me what i think we should do about terrorism..?
Im not really sure Mole but i dont think this helps.
I think theres a lot of anger and fear amongst those burly blokes and im not convinced they're the ones to stop terrorism.
However i would like them to all bowl down to the FA headquarters or FIFA and sort them out .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FLA March Today on 13:23 - Oct 10 with 2447 viewsEsox_Lucius

FLA March Today on 23:10 - Oct 8 by CiderwithRsie

Since those bastards at Kraft got hold of Cadbury's I might have to organise a march for Dairy Milk.

No longer owned by Kraft. It is owned by Mondelez now who also own Toblerone, Milka, Frys, Terry's & Cote D'or.

The grass is always greener.

FLA March Today on 13:26 - Oct 10 with 2435 viewsconnell10

All looks a bit national front for my liking!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FLA March Today on 13:30 - Oct 10 with 2422 viewsisawqpratwcity

FLA March Today on 13:26 - Oct 10 by connell10

All looks a bit national front for my liking!

Very succinct!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

FLA March Today on 13:53 - Oct 10 with 2383 viewsconnell10

FLA March Today on 13:30 - Oct 10 by isawqpratwcity

Very succinct!

Thanks!

FLA March Today on 14:54 - Oct 10 with 2339 viewsSnipper

FLA March Today on 11:15 - Oct 10 by The_Mole

Precisely. I'm not saying these marches will stop the terrorism, but something definitely needs to be done to curb it. The government could start by not letting the people who go to fight for Islamic State back into the country.

My politics is down the middle. I'm neither left or right wing. So people saying it was a march set up by extreme right wing organisations is wrong.

I've been accused of being a supporter of Britain First and the like on my personal facebook page by left wing work colleagues because I went on the march on Saturday.

That's the trouble with the extreme left wing supporters. If you dare do or say something that doesn't fit their agenda, you're called a racist or fascist.

Maybe if they started attacking the establishment with the same zealousness as they attack the marchers, then we'd all be much better off. I won't hold my breath though.

Lighting bloody candles after every attack doesn't work.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 14:56]
FLA March Today on 15:29 - Oct 10 with 2302 viewskensalriser

Like this you mean, Snipper.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ministers-strip-150-jihadists-of-uk-passports

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FLA March Today on 15:33 - Oct 10 with 2293 viewsconnell10

FLA March Today on 14:54 - Oct 10 by Snipper

Precisely. I'm not saying these marches will stop the terrorism, but something definitely needs to be done to curb it. The government could start by not letting the people who go to fight for Islamic State back into the country.

My politics is down the middle. I'm neither left or right wing. So people saying it was a march set up by extreme right wing organisations is wrong.

I've been accused of being a supporter of Britain First and the like on my personal facebook page by left wing work colleagues because I went on the march on Saturday.

That's the trouble with the extreme left wing supporters. If you dare do or say something that doesn't fit their agenda, you're called a racist or fascist.

Maybe if they started attacking the establishment with the same zealousness as they attack the marchers, then we'd all be much better off. I won't hold my breath though.

Nor will a bunch of people marching and shouting but hey if it makes ya feel better go for it!

FLA March Today on 15:50 - Oct 10 with 2261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FLA March Today on 14:54 - Oct 10 by Snipper

Good post, Snipper.

You've nailed it when you say that the left-wing of today are often too consumed in identity politics than policies - "he's a racist", "she's a billionaire capitalist, "he's homophobic" etc.

Likewise, the right are often too consumed in beating the left and feeling sorry for themselves because PC has ruined their lives.

Meanwhile, while the populous is consumed with minutiae such as the above, Governments of both hues continue wars in the Middle East without even the remotest chance that they themselves will die in either the wars themselves or the terrorism that are their inevitable consequence. They delegate the dying to others.

It seems to me that marching against terrorism, though well-intentioned, is aimless and airy-fairy. It may even stoke up more hatred in the country you wish to protect and drive more people to take up arms on either side, thus prolonging and intensifying both the wars and the terrorism.

I personally think that the only march that might achieve anything is one on the government to demand that it withdraw from the Middle East already, which is, let's face it, the only thing that will stop the terrorism.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FLA March Today on 16:22 - Oct 10 with 2209 viewssmegma

FLA March Today on 15:33 - Oct 10 by connell10

Nor will a bunch of people marching and shouting but hey if it makes ya feel better go for it!

It was a silent March.
FLA March Today on 16:29 - Oct 10 with 2193 viewsBoston

FLA March Today on 16:22 - Oct 10 by smegma

It was a silent March.

Is that the follow up to Silent Spring?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FLA March Today on 17:31 - Oct 10 with 2128 viewsdistortR

FLA March Today on 15:50 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post, Snipper.

You've nailed it when you say that the left-wing of today are often too consumed in identity politics than policies - "he's a racist", "she's a billionaire capitalist, "he's homophobic" etc.

Likewise, the right are often too consumed in beating the left and feeling sorry for themselves because PC has ruined their lives.

Meanwhile, while the populous is consumed with minutiae such as the above, Governments of both hues continue wars in the Middle East without even the remotest chance that they themselves will die in either the wars themselves or the terrorism that are their inevitable consequence. They delegate the dying to others.

It seems to me that marching against terrorism, though well-intentioned, is aimless and airy-fairy. It may even stoke up more hatred in the country you wish to protect and drive more people to take up arms on either side, thus prolonging and intensifying both the wars and the terrorism.

I personally think that the only march that might achieve anything is one on the government to demand that it withdraw from the Middle East already, which is, let's face it, the only thing that will stop the terrorism.

just want to say, left leaning man seeks billionaire capitalist for fulfilling relationship. Identity politics not an issue............
FLA March Today on 17:45 - Oct 10 with 2113 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FLA March Today on 17:31 - Oct 10 by distortR

just want to say, left leaning man seeks billionaire capitalist for fulfilling relationship. Identity politics not an issue............

If the billionaire capitalist has a sister, give her my number, will ya?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FLA March Today on 18:28 - Oct 10 with 2071 viewsdistortR

FLA March Today on 17:45 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

If the billionaire capitalist has a sister, give her my number, will ya?

homophobe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024