Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s 14:02 - Oct 16 with 4893 viewssmegma

Charlton away at the Valley.
1 Lumley 2 Kakay 3 Hamalainen 4 Hall 5 Phillips 6 Wallen 7 Smyth 8 Cousins 9 Grego Cox 10 Akinola 11 Shodipo
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 14:16]
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 14:17 - Oct 16 with 3092 viewssmegma

1 nil down 17 minutes
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 14:32 - Oct 16 with 3050 viewseghamranger

Nice to see Shodipo and RGC in the line up too.

Be good to get hall back up running and in the centre back roll asap.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 14:39 - Oct 16 with 3027 viewsDorse

Good to hear that Hall, Cousins and Shodipo are on the mend.

Another Grego-Cox hat-trick would be nice.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 14:40 - Oct 16 with 3025 viewssmegma

2 nil down 38 minutes. Both goals we've given the ball away on halfway and been punished. Hall had a header cleared off the line from a corner on 8 minutes. Smyth hit the bar on 35 with a left wing cross. A case of taking your chances. Or not.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 14:53 - Oct 16 with 2993 viewssmegma

3-0 now. HT. No idea where 7 minutes of time added on came from ??
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:05 - Oct 16 with 2959 viewsRBlock

Interesting that Caulker was both missing from the team against Sunderland, as well as from the U23s. Which pub has he been kicked out of this time?
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:11 - Oct 16 with 2939 viewssmegma

Story is he's training with the youth set up for disciplinary reasons.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:12 - Oct 16 with 2934 viewssmegma

46 minutes brilliant run and cross by Smyth. Shodipo traps it and smashes home at near post. 1-3.

Game on hopefully.
Login to get fewer ads

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:18 - Oct 16 with 2920 viewssmegma

51 mins . Another brilliant cross by Smyth. Grego Cox hits bar then fouled. Shodipo pen down the middle 2-3.
52 mins Akinola equalises. 3-3.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:20 - Oct 16 with 2911 viewssmegma

Smyth absolutely running them ragged now.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:23 - Oct 16 with 2896 viewssmegma

4-3 down 57 minutes. Floodlights on gone very dark
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:25 - Oct 16 with 2886 viewssmegma

Shodipo hat trick 58 minutes. Another great cross by Smyth. 4-4.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:30 - Oct 16 with 2852 viewssmegma

61 mins brilliant run and cross by Shodipo, Grego Cox makes it 5-4. 5 goals in 17 minutes ??!!!!
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:35 - Oct 16 with 2830 viewsRBlock

What a game!
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:47 - Oct 16 with 2744 viewsWestbourneR

I still think Shodipo is a big big talent.

Considering we have him and really needed to spend on a striker and centre back you do have to wonder how we ended buying two raw wigners and getting LuaLua on loan.

I think our summer transfer business strategy was poor.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:48 - Oct 16 with 2744 viewssmegma

Hall and Cousins replaced on 70 mins. Hasn't been a goal for 20 mins. 10 to go. All us this half.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:00 - Oct 16 with 2651 viewsdanehoop

But Shodipo and I think Grego Cox are coming back from long term injuries and now just starting to hit full fitness, so guarantee that they would have been available to first team. Until this point neither had sufficiently impressed to get regularly into first team squad.

Not sure about Lua Lua, but clearly did enough to impress on loan first time to gain another shot. Wheeler and Osayi-Samuel look good prospects, the later already with a decent level of first team experience that few of the U23s have. Not saying its the right call with hindsight, but at the time of their signings there was a rationale.

Never knowingly understood

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:03 - Oct 16 with 2617 viewsfrancisbowles

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:48 - Oct 16 by smegma

Hall and Cousins replaced on 70 mins. Hasn't been a goal for 20 mins. 10 to go. All us this half.

Thanks for the reports, smegma. Are we finished yet?
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:05 - Oct 16 with 2599 viewsted_hendrix

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 15:25 - Oct 16 by smegma

Shodipo hat trick 58 minutes. Another great cross by Smyth. 4-4.

You mention Smyth a lot Chris so whats your opinion of him, thanks for the commentary too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:06 - Oct 16 with 2595 viewsBucksRanger

Yes, finished. 5-4 to QPR.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:13 - Oct 16 with 2546 viewssmegma

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:05 - Oct 16 by ted_hendrix

You mention Smyth a lot Chris so whats your opinion of him, thanks for the commentary too.

Best player on the pitch by a country mile Ted. Tricky winger, two footed, as strong as an Ox but absolutely tiny. Charlton couldn't deal with him. Him and Shodipo second half together were unplayable. Shodipo will get the headlines for his hat trick but Smyth was MOTM for me. He made 3 goals while Shodipo created the other two (I think !). I'd have both in the first team squad on Saturday.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:14 - Oct 16 with 2537 viewssmegma

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:03 - Oct 16 by francisbowles

Thanks for the reports, smegma. Are we finished yet?

Kicked off at 2pm and finished 4.01pm. I thought we were playing an Alex Ferguson team.
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:17 - Oct 16 with 2519 viewsRs_Holy

Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:13 - Oct 16 by smegma

Best player on the pitch by a country mile Ted. Tricky winger, two footed, as strong as an Ox but absolutely tiny. Charlton couldn't deal with him. Him and Shodipo second half together were unplayable. Shodipo will get the headlines for his hat trick but Smyth was MOTM for me. He made 3 goals while Shodipo created the other two (I think !). I'd have both in the first team squad on Saturday.

looking forward to seeing the highlights on the offish!

Has anyone got any info on the boy Smyth?
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:25 - Oct 16 with 2471 viewsjoolsyp

Exciting times for our youth set-up. I hope the likes of Smyth, Grego-Cox even Akinola get a chance with the first team soon. Send LuaLua back to Brighton - can we do that?
Hall and Cousins start for Under 23s on 16:59 - Oct 16 with 2360 viewsozranger

Just back..

That was a game worth attending, especially with the loud Charlton supporters sitting behind us. They went quiet pretty early in the second half. In the first half we were poor and in some cases we looked tired, as if we'd had a hard training session earlier this morning. We gave the ball away too easily and they capitalised. Hall was good, but not great and lacks pace at present. Cousins was trying to be a midfield distributor of the ball, but his first few touches went to them instead of us. On many occasions the defensive midfielders had to pass backwards because there was little or no movement up front. Charlton deserved the lead, but perhaps not by three. The ref allowed for some ten plus minutes of time added on and there were definitely not that much to add on. Just before the break we lost one of our big defenders, Phillips, as he was chasing down their forward, who eventually scored their third. Did not see what happened, but it looked like he may have crashed into the post.

Chris has already given you a quick rundown of the beginning of the second half. But it was a different team. Charlton's tactics, throughout, were to lob the ball forward to their two fast attackers and hope for the best. Ours was to pass it around and send in a cross or corner. In the second half, that worked for us and not for them. Goal after goal after goal and the small gathering of R's fans were clapping - there may have been around two dozen in total.

Hall and Cousins both came off and our final two subs went on, including a new trialist, Deshane Dalling. He is a forward. Hall was reasonably solid and Cousins similar, but neither shone in this game. They just did their jobs and got the minutes under their belt.

Lumley was beaten by three good strikes in the first half, but the fourth goal was a bit of a hash by all as the ball was allowed to bounce around in our box. Kakay and Hamailinen both had good games and worked well with their wingers. Wallen, Phillips and Paul, when he came on, all had decent games, although the lack of any help from the static players in front of them certainly assisted in the goals being conceded in the first half. Shopido was one of the worst players in the first half and at one stage looked absolutely stuffed while Smyth was starved of the ball in the first half. The second was quite different with possibly three of four attacks down Smyth's wing and Shopido woke up. Greco-Cox seemed to be out of the game quite a bit and his touches let him down, both in trapping the ball and laying it off. Many a time he should have done a lot better. Akinola fought hard and deserved his goal. When Dalling came on Akinola was moved into central midfield. This is not a position for him!

Overall a great win for the boys and looking forward to Friday arvo's outing against Ipswich at HQ. They charged £3 to get in and had no canteen or anything open. Those, who were part of the "special home group" were allowed up into a certain area above the stand for half-time drinks and food. A bit pathetic, which of course makes the whole win so much better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024