Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK 14:16 - Oct 20 with 6581 viewsJAPRANGERS

It's that time again!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/868795/UK-winter-weather-forecast-2017-sno
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 14:27 - Oct 20 with 4685 viewscolinallcars

Well over the top as usual. That said it would be nice to have a "proper" winter for a change. Last year in leafy West London we had no snow at all, just mild and wet. No chance for me to wear my trendy Barbour gear.

I'll admit though that mild winters are easier for the elderly and place less strain on the NHS.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 14:31 - Oct 20 with 4675 viewsTacticalR

Is this due to White Walkers?

Air hostess clique

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 14:34 - Oct 20 with 4664 viewsAntti_Heinola

They really do this every year don't they.
We'll be out the EU soon, Diana is dead... if British weather was just sunny every day, what on earth would they fill the paper with?

Bare bones.

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:00 - Oct 20 with 4629 viewsNorthernr

Interviewed a Daily Express journalist for a job at our place this summer.

Question: "how do you get your news?".

Correct Answer: Contacts, networking, meeting people, talking to people, getting to know people, getting on the phone, getting out there, getting your face known, getting your name known.

Answer given: Well I come into the office in the morning, see what people are talking about on Twitter and Reddit and just do our own version of that really.

Follow up, second chance question: That's not really going to work for us here, how would you change if you got this job?

Answer given: Long pause. I'd probably have to change who I follow on Twitter.

Don't call us we'll call you. Fcking hell.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:31 - Oct 20 with 4560 viewskensalriser

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 14:34 - Oct 20 by Antti_Heinola

They really do this every year don't they.
We'll be out the EU soon, Diana is dead... if British weather was just sunny every day, what on earth would they fill the paper with?

House prices?
Foreign people doing things they shouldn't?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 17:02 - Oct 20 with 4448 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:31 - Oct 20 by kensalriser

House prices?
Foreign people doing things they shouldn't?

They always do that killer sharks spotted off coast of Cornwall story too. Which always turns out to be basking sharks eating plankton.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 17:11 - Oct 20 with 4434 viewsNorthernr

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 17:02 - Oct 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

They always do that killer sharks spotted off coast of Cornwall story too. Which always turns out to be basking sharks eating plankton.

Fcking basking sharks, coming over here and stealing our plankton.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 4350 viewsHayesender

They're still telling us the mysterious planet nibiru is gonna smash into us this month, so they'll be no one here to witness this winter

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:04 - Oct 20 with 4345 viewsR_from_afar

Not that they are in any way obsessed with the weather:

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:29 - Oct 20 with 4312 viewsdistortR

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:00 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Correct Answer: Contacts, networking, meeting people, talking to people, getting to know people, getting on the phone, getting out there, getting your face known, getting your name known.

Answer given: Well I come into the office in the morning, see what people are talking about on Twitter and Reddit and just do our own version of that really.

Follow up, second chance question: That's not really going to work for us here, how would you change if you got this job?

ha ha.Next time your lot are employing, I'm a shoe-in, I know what to say now. It might come out in the wrong order, mind.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:46 - Oct 20 with 4296 viewsPinnerPaul

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:04 - Oct 20 by R_from_afar

Not that they are in any way obsessed with the weather:

RFA

Great research and spot on, hottest summer EVER, coldest winter EVER, busiest bank holiday EVER - the list goes on and on .......
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:48 - Oct 20 with 4290 viewsNorthernr

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:29 - Oct 20 by distortR

ha ha.Next time your lot are employing, I'm a shoe-in, I know what to say now. It might come out in the wrong order, mind.

Ha ha there are other questions, and a trial day, to get through, but that's one of the red light questions. Get that wrong and you've basically had it. We interviewed 25 'journalists' for two posts and honest to God the amount of them who just said Twitter and Reddit was utterly depressing. We took three of the 25 to trial days and hired two of them which should tell you something about the standard.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:12 - Oct 20 with 4259 viewsdistortR

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:48 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Ha ha there are other questions, and a trial day, to get through, but that's one of the red light questions. Get that wrong and you've basically had it. We interviewed 25 'journalists' for two posts and honest to God the amount of them who just said Twitter and Reddit was utterly depressing. We took three of the 25 to trial days and hired two of them which should tell you something about the standard.

You work for George Osbourne?
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:33 - Oct 20 with 4211 viewsNorthernr

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:12 - Oct 20 by distortR

You work for George Osbourne?

No, sorry I meant the standard of applicants, not the Cara Delevigne Family Newsletter.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:36 - Oct 20 with 4203 viewsdistortR

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:33 - Oct 20 by Northernr

No, sorry I meant the standard of applicants, not the Cara Delevigne Family Newsletter.

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 4079 viewsbob566

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:48 - Oct 20 by Northernr

What would a daily express journo earn out of interest
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 22:16 - Oct 20 with 4057 viewscolinallcars

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 22:00 - Oct 20 by bob566

Don't tell us, I'm depressed enough with what Steven Caulker "earns".
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 22:55 - Oct 20 with 4001 viewsNorthernr

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 22:00 - Oct 20 by bob566

she would have been on 25kish our estimate.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 23:59 - Oct 20 with 3929 viewsbob566

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 22:55 - Oct 20 by Northernr

OK for zero skill.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 08:35 - Oct 21 with 3827 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 18:46 - Oct 20 by PinnerPaul

Great research and spot on, hottest summer EVER, coldest winter EVER, busiest bank holiday EVER - the list goes on and on .......

Did any of it actually happen?
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 09:34 - Oct 21 with 3777 viewscolinallcars

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 08:35 - Oct 21 by dodge_stoke_r

Did any of it actually happen?

A lorry load of turkey feathers blew over on the Severn Crossing last year.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 09:41 - Oct 21 with 3752 viewsAntti_Heinola

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:00 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Breathtaking, yet somehow not surprising.

Bare bones.

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 10:21 - Oct 21 with 3716 viewsjonno

Tells you all you need to know about the "media" these days.
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 11:12 - Oct 21 with 3683 viewsstevec

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 22:55 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Bloody hell, in that case you get what you pay for
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 11:51 - Oct 21 with 3644 viewsTonto

AS Long as some of it goes to the Alps! The last 2 seasons have been rubbish

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024