Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clive's piece in the programme 20:57 - Oct 29 with 2641 viewsdavman

Just read it now that I have found time for a quiet sit down. All spot on, Clive, but surprised they published all that especially the (truthful) lines on Red knap.

Do they censor you much as judging by that you can write what you want?

Pretty spot on as always.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Clive's piece in the programme on 21:43 - Oct 29 with 2552 viewsenfieldargh

I havnt bought a programme for years.

Can you post it on here Clive?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Clive's piece in the programme on 05:42 - Oct 30 with 2358 viewstimcocking

I'm intrigued...
Clive's piece in the programme on 08:10 - Oct 30 with 2283 viewsNorthernr

As far as I’m aware I can write what I like, they’ve never taken anything out before.
Clive's piece in the programme on 09:02 - Oct 30 with 2177 views2Thomas2Bowles

Clive's piece in the programme on 08:10 - Oct 30 by Northernr

As far as I’m aware I can write what I like, they’ve never taken anything out before.

I hope you send 'arry a copy

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Clive's piece in the programme on 09:32 - Oct 30 with 2106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's would be nice to read a copy alright.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clive's piece in the programme on 19:17 - Oct 30 with 1748 viewsRoller

I rarely buy a programme and Saturday was no exception. I do remember one in the past, which must have been a special edition of some sort, where Clive laid into virtually everyone at the club (players, staff and board) for disrespecting QPR and its traditions. You have to congratulate the club for carrying such pieces in their programme and, of course, applaud Clive's integrity for not simply following the party line.
Clive's piece in the programme on 19:40 - Oct 30 with 1698 viewsHantsR

I bought a programme but didn't get round to reading it until yesterday evening. I thought two things:

Firstly this seems to be a scaled-down and slightly censored (i.e. no 'f' word) adaptation of Clive's excellent 'Coming home to roost'

Coming home to roost — Column 24th Oct 2017 22:43
The result of the Financial Fair Play arbitration for the 2013/14 season has been revealed, and it’s gone against QPR. For now, that doesn’t mean very much. 33

Secondly, I was nearly moved to start my own thread on here wondering how the club allowed this free, often critical expression of fact and opinion in their own Club Magazine, which tends to usually put more of a positive spin on things.

I mused that we should give all credit to the club for allowing such free speech - it all made for much more readable programme than usual.
Clive's piece in the programme on 20:16 - Oct 30 with 1623 viewsdanehoop

Clive's piece in the programme on 19:40 - Oct 30 by HantsR

I bought a programme but didn't get round to reading it until yesterday evening. I thought two things:

Firstly this seems to be a scaled-down and slightly censored (i.e. no 'f' word) adaptation of Clive's excellent 'Coming home to roost'

Coming home to roost — Column 24th Oct 2017 22:43
The result of the Financial Fair Play arbitration for the 2013/14 season has been revealed, and it’s gone against QPR. For now, that doesn’t mean very much. 33

Secondly, I was nearly moved to start my own thread on here wondering how the club allowed this free, often critical expression of fact and opinion in their own Club Magazine, which tends to usually put more of a positive spin on things.

I mused that we should give all credit to the club for allowing such free speech - it all made for much more readable programme than usual.

Mmmm, free content from well respected journalist who already has popular audience for his work and who is known to be fair (relative terms) unbiased and previously been supporter of the year? Not sure what the attraction might be.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Clive's piece in the programme on 21:24 - Oct 30 with 1518 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm pleased to hear from Clive that he is not censored by the club, it shows the right attitude by both parties. But in any case I don't see the "Coming Home To Roost" piece as unsupportive of the club at all - it recognises that terrible mistakes were made and names names, but the implication that we can't do that again is essentially supportive of the policy now in force (and quite right too IMO).

It also points out the flaws in FFP which is also bang on (and I say that as someone who has a lot of sympathy for the basic idea.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024