Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans and our players 18:46 - Feb 3 with 7633 viewsNW5Hoop

There's a fella sits a few seats along from me in the front row of the West Paddock who won't shut up about Washington. Top of his voice all game, about how everything he does is wrong and he shouldn't be on the pitch. Though he doesn't seem to do it when Washington is within earshot. Funny that. Fella behind me who does the same with Sylla, though he does do it when Sylla's within earshot, perhaps confident the combination of his phlegmy West London voice and Sylla's language skills means he won't actually be understood.

Why? What is the bloody point?

I'm no happy clapper, but does anyone really think constantly undermining your own players has any positive effect on anything? And if they're doing it to amuse the people around them, it's not amusing. It gets really boring, really quickly. Like listening to a bloke in a pub go on about all the women he's pulled, in his imagination.

I'm not going to claim Washington is actually tearing up trees. But even if you can't bring yourself to cheer your own players — I never could with Joey Barton (or "Oh, Barton", as he's known in our house) — maybe it's best just to say nothing, eh?
Our fans and our players on 18:54 - Feb 3 with 6546 viewskropotkin41

This is not a new thing. I'm sure I've mentioned it before that when I was a kid I always seemed to stand near this rather large bloke who spent the whole of every game shouting abuse at Mike Fillery. Fair enough he came from down the road, but still it seemed pretty counter-productive. We weren't bad in those days either.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Our fans and our players on 18:59 - Feb 3 with 6512 viewsHayesender

Do you remember the awful abuse Gavin Mahon got one night? It got to the point where the majority of decent fans applauded his every touch and encouraged him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our fans and our players on 19:11 - Feb 3 with 6428 viewsBluce_Ree

The sad truth is that some people are absolute fking bellends who think that they deserve to be heard and they also think football matters way more than it does.

In my new world order I'd execute anybody who gives a footballer advice when watching a match on TV in a pub. I'd start there and would eventually start taking grenades into football stadiums.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Our fans and our players on 19:53 - Feb 3 with 6314 viewsBoston

Our fans and our players on 19:11 - Feb 3 by Bluce_Ree

The sad truth is that some people are absolute fking bellends who think that they deserve to be heard and they also think football matters way more than it does.

In my new world order I'd execute anybody who gives a footballer advice when watching a match on TV in a pub. I'd start there and would eventually start taking grenades into football stadiums.

I’d have thought a new world order in a pub would be a pint of Campari or something?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our fans and our players on 20:08 - Feb 3 with 6227 viewsrrrspricey

Our fans and our players on 18:59 - Feb 3 by Hayesender

Do you remember the awful abuse Gavin Mahon got one night? It got to the point where the majority of decent fans applauded his every touch and encouraged him

Remember something similar with one size, against Ipswich if memory serves. Ended up telling one twunt to either support the players or stfu
Our fans and our players on 20:13 - Feb 3 with 6195 viewsLowerloftLad

Thought connor work rate was decent today was up and down the channels and defended well shame he didnt take his chance at the end
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 20:35]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Our fans and our players on 20:20 - Feb 3 with 6160 viewsTonto

There must be more threads about how Washington is rubbish on this board than any other topic than what’s been announced on the Barnsley website...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Our fans and our players on 20:25 - Feb 3 with 6121 viewsAgedR

It’s tricky.

I confess that I went apoplectic when Connor missed today, but, this is partly because I’m so desperate for him to succeed.

He runs his nuts off, but sadly, he’s got no strikers instinct. Irrespective of his goal, the new lad Smyth looks a prospect.

Important win and just received a litre of Ardmore as a gift. Saturday...and all is good.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Our fans and our players (n/t) on 20:29 - Feb 3 with 6090 viewsWesty75

Our fans and our players on 19:11 - Feb 3 by Bluce_Ree

Our fans and our players on 20:41 - Feb 3 with 6030 viewsMrSheen

Gave up on my season ticket years ago because a guy just along from us frothed at the mouth about our players. My son hated going. I asked him why he did it and he said "I pay my money..."
Our fans and our players on 21:02 - Feb 3 with 5946 viewsTacticalR

Nobody read 'Fever Pitch'? This is the first thing that the youthful Hornby notices when he goes to watch football:

'It wasn’t the size of the crowd that impressed me most, however, or the way that adults were allowed to shout the word ‘WÁNKER!’ as loudly as they wanted without attracting any attention. What impressed me most was just how much most of the men around me hated, really hated, being there. As far as I could tell, nobody seemed to enjoy, in the way that I understood the word, anything that happened during the entire afternoon. Within minutes of the kick-off there was real anger (‘You’re a DISGRACE, Gould. He’s a DISGRACE!’ ‘A hundred quid a week? A HUNDRED QUID A WEEK! They should give that to me for watching you.’); as the game went on, the anger turned into outrage, and then seemed to curdle into sullen, silent discontent. Yes, yes, I know all the jokes. What else could I have expected at Highbury? But I went to Chelsea and to Tottenham and to Rangers, and saw the same thing: that the natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment, no matter what the score.'

Air hostess clique

Our fans and our players on 21:18 - Feb 3 with 5879 viewsDorse

Our fans and our players on 19:53 - Feb 3 by Boston

I’d have thought a new world order in a pub would be a pint of Campari or something?

Campari? You're barred.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our fans and our players on 21:18 - Feb 3 with 5882 viewsBrightonhoop

Our fans and our players on 20:25 - Feb 3 by AgedR

It’s tricky.

I confess that I went apoplectic when Connor missed today, but, this is partly because I’m so desperate for him to succeed.

He runs his nuts off, but sadly, he’s got no strikers instinct. Irrespective of his goal, the new lad Smyth looks a prospect.

Important win and just received a litre of Ardmore as a gift. Saturday...and all is good.

Big difference between wanting a player to succeed and the r soles who just gob off all game. Twunts.
Our fans and our players on 00:01 - Feb 4 with 5643 viewsLblock

Yer man is right

Washington is dog toffee. The fella couldn’t finish a light snack and for all his laudable running is completely abject at his day job which just happens to be....stick it in the net!!!
To think someone said he was a “natural born goal scorer” sheesh

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our fans and our players on 02:58 - Feb 4 with 5485 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Our fans and our players on 20:20 - Feb 3 by Tonto

There must be more threads about how Washington is rubbish on this board than any other topic than what’s been announced on the Barnsley website...

You can’t compare with Taarabt!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our fans and our players on 08:51 - Feb 4 with 5181 viewsEsox_Lucius

Our fans and our players on 20:41 - Feb 3 by MrSheen

Gave up on my season ticket years ago because a guy just along from us frothed at the mouth about our players. My son hated going. I asked him why he did it and he said "I pay my money..."

I have had the same argument at several away grounds and a few times in F block the season I had a S/T there. My response to "I pay my money" is usually along the lines of well don't spend it here, spend it on therapy as you are obviously deeply unhappy with life and you are spoiling other peoples day out. I've had a few tell me to fück off and mind my own business but I just keep arguing with them and they usually move away or shut up. For the life of me I cannot understand why someone would go to a football match and moan throughout the whole 90+ minutes. IMO yesterday was a dire match and IH should be beaten to within an inch for starting with Smith & Washington up front and having a tactic of kicking the ball high to their nos. 5&6 It was around the 50th minute before Smith won his first aerial challenge so it was blindingly obvious that it wasn't working. All of that still wasn't enough to inspire vitriol & bitter invective in me, I'd rather stay at home when I felt I was going to be that person.

The grass is always greener.

Our fans and our players on 09:47 - Feb 4 with 5076 viewsisawqpratwcity

Our fans and our players on 08:51 - Feb 4 by Esox_Lucius

I have had the same argument at several away grounds and a few times in F block the season I had a S/T there. My response to "I pay my money" is usually along the lines of well don't spend it here, spend it on therapy as you are obviously deeply unhappy with life and you are spoiling other peoples day out. I've had a few tell me to fück off and mind my own business but I just keep arguing with them and they usually move away or shut up. For the life of me I cannot understand why someone would go to a football match and moan throughout the whole 90+ minutes. IMO yesterday was a dire match and IH should be beaten to within an inch for starting with Smith & Washington up front and having a tactic of kicking the ball high to their nos. 5&6 It was around the 50th minute before Smith won his first aerial challenge so it was blindingly obvious that it wasn't working. All of that still wasn't enough to inspire vitriol & bitter invective in me, I'd rather stay at home when I felt I was going to be that person.

Don't argue with them, just down-arrow them!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Our fans and our players on 10:04 - Feb 4 with 5026 viewssmegma

In the 90s we were playing Liverpool at home in the FA Cup. All game, these two blokes in my row slagged Barker from the first minute to the last as they had done all season.. For some strange reason my (then ) missus was with me. She had a word with one of them at half time asking them "why do you bother coming? ". 2-1 down in the dying seconds Barker picks the ball up outside the box, storms past a couple of defenders and smashes the ball into the roof of the net . One of the blokes mumbled ' I bet he didn't mean it" and then they both walked out of the ground as fellow fans sarcastically applauded them.

It may have been Digswell.
Our fans and our players on 10:07 - Feb 4 with 5013 viewsisawqpratwcity

Our fans and our players on 10:04 - Feb 4 by smegma

In the 90s we were playing Liverpool at home in the FA Cup. All game, these two blokes in my row slagged Barker from the first minute to the last as they had done all season.. For some strange reason my (then ) missus was with me. She had a word with one of them at half time asking them "why do you bother coming? ". 2-1 down in the dying seconds Barker picks the ball up outside the box, storms past a couple of defenders and smashes the ball into the roof of the net . One of the blokes mumbled ' I bet he didn't mean it" and then they both walked out of the ground as fellow fans sarcastically applauded them.

It may have been Digswell.

I've just realised the meaning of the nom-de-plume 'Digswell'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Our fans and our players on 11:48 - Feb 4 with 4872 viewsJohnMcCo

Quite, all. There are characters I encounter at football that thankfully I never come across in any other sphere of my life. They are entitled to behave how they like but I reserve the right to take the piss.

Colchester or somewhere else in Essex/Kent and I think we had just gone down to the third flight. Anyway it was a night game and this dreadful couple were carping about how useless Andy Thompson was (he weren't) when he scored a very late winner or equaliser and we involved them in their probable first ever moshpit. They were thoroughly cross and that they did not see fit to enjoy the goal regardless somewhat added to our glee.
Our fans and our players on 14:29 - Feb 4 with 4742 viewskensalriser

You're middle-aged. You're not physically fit any more, you're balding and have a growing paunch. You drink too much. You hate your job. Your marriage has broken up and your kids don't like you. Life hasn't turned out as well as you'd hoped and you're alternately bitter, morose and angry.

All you have left is venting spleen at some fit, very well paid young men every other week. Have a heart!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our fans and our players on 15:35 - Feb 4 with 4667 viewssmegma

Our fans and our players on 14:29 - Feb 4 by kensalriser

You're middle-aged. You're not physically fit any more, you're balding and have a growing paunch. You drink too much. You hate your job. Your marriage has broken up and your kids don't like you. Life hasn't turned out as well as you'd hoped and you're alternately bitter, morose and angry.

All you have left is venting spleen at some fit, very well paid young men every other week. Have a heart!

That's enough about me.
Our fans and our players on 15:40 - Feb 4 with 4658 viewsBoston

Our fans and our players on 20:20 - Feb 3 by Tonto

Latest from Barnsley.....they think they are rubbish and likely to go down. Stop the press.

Our fans and our players on 15:45 - Feb 4 with 4645 viewsBoston

Our fans and our players on 08:51 - Feb 4 by Esox_Lucius

I'm betting you're a happy drunk, Esox.

Our fans and our players on 15:52 - Feb 4 with 4617 viewsEsox_Lucius

Our fans and our players on 15:45 - Feb 4 by Boston

I'm betting you're a happy drunk, Esox.

I don't drink more than a couple of pints a week anymore and that's always with food but yeah, smiley & sleepy when it happens. QPR should carry that current warning that comes with all betting adverts; "When it stops being fun, stop" :-)

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024